Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #13

Man, I am sitting here FREEZING... I don't know why it's so cold in my place. i've just put the heater on and am waiting for coco to wake so I can take her to mothers group. I've decided I am giving her all fresh food at the moment in case the tins are making her react (I dont think they are ,, she doesn't have many) but I've spent the morning doing food. I usually cook once every three days but think it will be more often now. Our freezer is too small to store much.
    Beck,, I am constantly suprised by just how much coco eats, but they say the first year they do teh most growing, so by the time they're toddlers, they're eating less...that's the plan anyway!! Im so sure its' true for my girls anyway. Infact I can still tell when tilly has a growht spurt she eats sooo much. She's such a skinny little thing but she will eat 4 weet bixes every morning. im sure I didn't eat that much!! I think I just have hungry girls. But saying that, Tilly slowed down in her second and third years, she definitely ate less.
    Coco had two bowls of cereal this morning, full, she wouldn't relax until I got the second bowl. That was after a breast feed and then it was followed with 120mls of formula! No wonder she's still sleeping!!
    Sarajo, the scrapbooking is a great idea. I wish I could get around to doing that. maybe if we move and have somewhere all spacious and nice, I will be inspired!!
    talk soon ox

Wow, Abby doesnt eat much at all! She eats between 120 and 180mls of breastmilk about 5 times a day and then 2 feedings of solids, about 50ml each time, and that is it! Last feeding she only took 90 ml of milk or so. She gets weird when she is teething, and doesnt eat much at all! Maybe I should be giving her another feeding of solids per day? Hmmm

Sarajo, I wouldn't worry they all eat different amounts, but I was told to increase to 3 solids a day definitely by 7 months. it depends when you start them on solids but I"d say coco was on 3 meals by about 6 weeks into solids. She really does need to eat so much.
    I really found giving salmon was good (tinned salmon) its so easy. you can mix it with a vegie and cottage cheese. Unfortunately we can't do dairy, but I like the idea of mixing everything with a bit of cheese or yoghurt. Would certainly cut down on my cooking!! I will wait until she is 1 to reintroduce dairy.
    Other easy ideas are avocado and cottage cheese or avocado and pear...yum!! Also you can buy absolutely baby bits of pasta (think it's called peperini) and you just cook it and throw it in the food, it's small enough for them to eat as is.
    Anyway, gotta go and try to settle her. I think she's hyped up after mothers group. I need her to have a power nap as we have to be out of here in 45 mins. don't think it's going to work!! xoxo

Hey Ladies,
    Sounds like you are all going well. I have been very busy, I am coping okay at the moment but my fall in a heap next week. Jett seems to be doing well at School (that's what I call it cause I kinda feel bad that I have put him in Daycare, I was really wanting to be a stay home mumma but I think with the PND I was having trouble).
    Anyway he is doing really well. He loves all of the kids and seems to be really happy when I drop him off and pick him up. Only trouble he is having is with sleeping, he is really distressed when it is bed time. I have asked that they don't rock him to sleep, as I don't want all that hard work I did to go to waste.
    Anyway betta get an early night as I have to work tomorrow and it is the big move, I will talk next week as My PC will be out of action until the phone line is up and running.
    Take care all xoxoxoxoxoxox

Thats great that Jett loves school! I think it is great he gets to interact with other kids so much! I really want to get abby involved with a playgroup!

Great idea with the pasta meg! I have been meaning to try avacado with abby, but I keep forgetting and here I ate the last avacado we had at home yesterday! Me and my mommy brain! Oh well! I think I will try some chicken with Abby today sometime. Sweet potatoes, chicken, and maybe some apples...mmm sounds like a plan!

Abby is so not sleeping well for me lately! She was up at 12:30, 1:30, 3:00!! I feel like I have a newborn again! I chalk it up to teething. I hope that is all it is! I am so tired lately! Well, gotta run and feed her and then it is hopefully a nap for both of us! You all sleep tight and have a great night!

Ok, well if Abby, coco and Maddy are doing these weird wake ups, maybe it is teething!!! Coco was up 4 times.....GGGRRRRR. The natropath thought she was feeding and made her up a chamomile drop thing. I gave it to her at 11pm and she settled (I also put her on her tummy. Does maddy still sleep on tum?), she still woke at 4 and 5am and has been up since 5.45am.....
    Good luck with your move Dani, glad to hear Jett is liking school!! It's good for them to interact, and Im sure he loves being with other kiddies!!
    talk later xoox

hi all..very tired and sick myself still..just wanted to let you know that owen has been doing that cr*ppy sleping for 2 weeks now and he has one top tooth about to pop thru any day now..last night he went almost back to normal..slept from 7-5am then bottle and back down til 8..so hopefully things are improving and i hope they do for all of you too!!

Christie, sorry to hear you're still sick. If it makes you feel better, so am I! It's damn hard to kick anything when you're up and down all nigth!! saying that about Owen's top tooth, I actually thought coco's top teeth were coming through, so maybe that's why she's unsettled...poo, hope they come down soon..damn teeth!!
    Christie, I hope you're feeling better soon, must be so hard being pregnant, sick and having a bubba!!
    coco is still crying, better go and settle. I'd say she's just SO overtired xo

Guys, stupid question I knkow, but does anyone know where my ticker is from? I want to change the pic but can't remember the website!!!!
    thanks, hope you've all had a great day. coco has barely slept but is being a good girl. Bed in ten mins, hope she continues to be good!! xco

Meg, is your ticker from babys first site? If you google that title you'll get that webpage.

Awe Christie get better soon girl! Owen is getting his top teeth? Yep, that explains a lot. Abby has been SUCH a grump all day lately, and again last night she was up at 12:30, 12:45, 1:30, and 3:00! YAWN! I hope the pregnancy is going well! Any m/s?

Y'all have a great night tonight!
    Last edited by sarajo; August 5th, 2006 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks Beck, needed a ticker change!
    Coco has started pulling herself around.Sort of caterpillaring!! Wont be too long until she crawls. Will definitely have to get a playpen in the next few days, i cant leave her unsupervised in this unit.
    Hope everyone had a good sleep. Coco woke a few times, but I didn't really have to go in (just once for a second), I was too tired anyway. But she was up at 5.45am again...not happy with that. I didn't get her up until almost 7am and then she fed and slept at the same time.
    xoxo

Awe, yay Coco! Abby scoots her butt around and gets where she wants to go! It is too funny lol! I gotta start dinner...not sure what I want to cook! Don is going out with the guys tonight, so Abby and I are having a "girls night in"! lol! She is being less of a grump today so hopefully she will sleep for me tonight! Love the new ticker Meg! Coco is so cute!

Love the new ticker photo Meg! YAY on the caterpilling for Coco! hehe Are you going to get one of those big wooden playpens so she has plenty of room to play around in? Glad that Miss Coco slept a little better last night - well at least that you didn't have to go in and pick her up anyway.

Christie - sorry to hear about Owen's teething and you being sick. Not a pleasant thing when you're feeling so poorly and you have a clingy child whilst being pregnant with another. Hope those nasty top teeth come through for little Owen soon and that you feel better asap! {{{{hugs}}}}

Sarajo - Sorry to hear about your rough Thursday night's sleep! *LOL* @ little Abby and her scooting around on her bum. That takes alot of motor skills I think to stay up straight whilst scooting around. hehe Hope you enjoy your ladies night in - you realise that's an excuse for ice cream don't you?! *wink*

Dani - hope the sun is shining for you today so that you have good weather for moving. Here's to your work day going quickly and you not feeling too exhausted when you're finished your shift. {{{{hugs}}}} Great to hear that little Jett is enjoying 'school', and hope that his daytime sleeping at school settles down without you needing to change your parenting style. (ie. rocking to sleep)

Well we're off and about today ladies. The State titles of dancing are on today so I'm going to pop in on those to see how the kiddies are doing - I really miss my dancing. DH has some errands to run today (hair cut etc) and I have to pay for Maddy's christmas/birthday presents while I have the money in my account. *rolls eyes* Maddy is going great guns with the crawling - when she wants something, she can REALLY move fast. Occasionally she doesn't move her knees individually so she does this little bunny hop/froggy leap with her legs together. SOOO cute!

When I have some free time tonight or tomorrow I will upload some video and email it to you all!

Have a lovely day ladies & bubbas!

Beck, have a great day!! Are you going to get back into your dancing soon? I can't believe all your bubs move so much, i really have had a lazy bones!! And yes Beck, I think we're getting the big wooden one. I had that with tilly and it was awesome. Then after we finished with it I broke it up and used it as a fence outside. Also it was the cheapest, but one of the biggest.
    It's just too much of a risk now to turn my back and she can be into anything....cheeky little monkeys!!
    Think I'll go to the shops today just to get out of the house. THe weather has been appalling the last few days. It absolutely poured all night (luckily was like coco's white noise cd, so didn't wake her). Tim is getting his tax done today. We're so hoping to get some money back as we want to buy a video camera and a new lounge!! That's it, not asking too much is it??
    have a good weekend everyone, hope it's sunnier in your parts of the world. And good luck moving Dani. Hopefully that will be us in 6 weeks time !! xo

So far ladies night has been fun! I let Abby play in her food (sweet potatoes and custard) and then she got a bath and we read stories and she fell asleep while playing with her toys in the family room! lol! I will wake her up for a feed in about 1/2 hour and then to bed and mama can stay up and watch a movie with a glass of wine and some chocolate! Yummy!

Abby scoots, but she doesnt get around fast! She will get to something she wants eventually, but she doesnt need a baby gate or anything like that yet! I imagine she goes slower than Coco caterpilling! lol!

beck you should get back into dancing! That would be great exercise, a chance to get out and about, and fun! Could Maddy go to class with you?

So here s a weird thing...my nipple started bleeding tonight with pumping! It has happened twice! So with Abby waking up around the clock and with cracked bleeding nipple, I really do feel like the clock went backwards about 7 months! Have any of you had this?

You all having a good Saturday!

Ouch Sarajo! I haven't had that , but I haven't expressed for months. There's no way I could now I don't think. I only feed coco three times a day, not at night, and if we miss a feed it's fine, I dont' get full at all.Still lots of milk coming out though when she does feed.
    Coco is getting grumpy now, probably because of her pathetic sleep this morning. Hoping she'll sleep well now. Tilly is entertaining her for the minute, but I can 'tell she is getting tired quickly
    gotta run, xoxo

cheeky_monkey Guest

Hi my name is bec,m y daughter Gemma was born 12/12/2005
    stats
    weight 8p 2o/ 3.69kg
    length 52cm
    HC 34cm
    time 1:52am

Gemma can roll,commando crawl,sit, say mum,bub has 2 teeth.
    she is on soilds 3 time a day, bottle feed.

I hope you dont mind me joinging in here.

Bec

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast