Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #14

Hello from clingy baby central everyone!

Just a quick pop in and hopefully I will have time to catch up this afternoon. I havent had time to read anything since I posted, I open the page to read and then something always seems to happen! So I thought I would just post, then read later.

Have been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately, with being sick and with Jasmine being so clingy..... Its funny how the smallest things can seem so big when you realise you havent had a moment to yourself for so long. I think everything has just come down on top of me at once.... but it could be worse so Im getting over it! Im just jack of everything and want to "just be" for a little while but its so impossible!

On the plus side, I taught Jasmine to open and close her hand for "hello" and to wave it for "goodbye" Very exciting!

Oh and on Monday night I think someone kidnapped my good baby and gave me a dud for the night so I appreciate Jasmine more........ she would not settle. She wouldnt sleep. She was so exhausted, as was I and she didnt fall asleep until 7.30am Tuesday morning!!! I was a write off! But she has purple gums on the bottom next to her teeth so I assume she is/was in a fair bit of pain. But panadol would not help her at all. I was soooo relieved she went back to normal last night, **** I forgot how bad it can be!!!

Im really sorry about having such a self centred post but I just had to get it out somewhere.

Hopefully I havent missed anything too huge and will be able to catch up this afternoon when I get back from my Dr's appointment!

Thinking of you all and hoping all of your babies are well.

Looks like I have lots to catch up on!!! Busy girls

Kate, great to hear from you. Without even knowing, you have slotted right into the latest discussion!!.....feeling a bit blue! Funny how it has hit us all at the same time.
    I just went to lunch with some MG friends and had a glass of red, I feel pretty spaced out at the moment. Infact I could've happily gone to the pub after for the afternoon......ah, my old life, there I go all nostalgic again!!
    off to have a 10 min nap now before getting tilly...then I've got parenting class tonight. It's just all fun and games here..
    lxoxo

Have not posted for so long and you all seem to be in such tune with each other I almost feel as if I am imposing - but I shall write anyway.
    My baby girl is growing up so quickly and I can understand why everyone is feeling a little sad with the baby blues - I think I got mine at around 7 months but the walking thing has really helped me - unfortunately not with the fact I can't fit into all of my jeans yet but anyway......
    As I was reading all of your teeth stories my teeth started to hurt - I must be going in for sympathy as my baby now has a bottom tooth and it looks as if her other one will be here anyday.
    We have been trying to lengthen her night sleep and from advice from my midwife now no longer BF between 10pm and 6am. I thought we would be in for a very long night but we are onto night 3 and I think it may work she only woke at 4am last night and I went in rolled her over and she went back to sleep. I think I 'might' have a baby that will sleep soon. Fingers crossed.
    It is so good to type all of this and know we are all in the same boat.

tiggy Guest

Renee,
    Hugs, you sound a bit flat.
    Hope that tooth comes through and that you get a sleeping baby soon.
    You are NOT imposing at all, keep posting.

Hi Kate and Renee! It does sound like we all hit a postnatal speedbump that just has us all down in the dumps. Just remember, it will pass! I keep telling myself that! I wish we all lived close so we could all go out and have a spoil the mum day!

Kate YAY on Jasmine waving hello and bye bye! She is a super-smart baby! The purple gums...does that mean more teeth? Does she have any top teeth yet? How are you feeling??

Renee, Woohoo on the tooth! The second one ususally follows pretty quickly! Sounds like she is doing well with the change in sleep! I cant wait to see pictures of her! Are you planning on making a Marnie site? If so, there are lots of sites that have free baby websites or photo-storage! If you need help, let me know and maybe you can email me some pics and I will make a website for her!

Meg, I hear ya! I had a glass of red wine last night after abby went to sleep and I was sitting there talking to the neighbors and boy did my past come back! You should ask some of the gals in your parenting class to have a mum's night out! I have been longing to do that, although it will be a couple weeks because this weekend is my friend's baby shower! Wow how fun to go shopping with the tax money! I cant wait to see more coco pics and videos taken with the new equipment!

Tiff I know what you mean! I feel down in the dumps at times, and other times I am so happy. Dont worry, I dont think of you as being down alll the time. I just know how it feels with one baby, and I cant imagine what you have gone through with all of yours! I am sure these times do make us stronger!!

Beck how are you doing?

Well, thats all for now! I hope I didnt forget anyone! Have a great day!!

Eep sorry to hear you've all been a bit down lately. I have too, but I have just thought it was from having a super clingy baby, no time to do assignments and no sleep. Although I did do an assigment on Tuesday night that was due yesterday. Now I'm in the midst of trying to write an essay that is due today. I have been trying to get it done for weeks, gathered all the info and then whenever I tried to sit down and write it something would happen or go wrong and I'd have to put it off LOL. I need to flesh it out some more. not enough words, I swear I am becoming obsessed with word counts! AH! Ok.. that is my mini breakdown.. for now.

On a good note I got some more professional photos done of Logan this afternoon. I wasn't planing on it, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. The photographers said they were so glad that they saw me & Logan because they just adored him.

Sarajo, I don't really have any helpful tips for you that Meg hasn't already covered. I just wanted to say I can empathise.

Renee, Post when ever you want, please do not feel as though you are imposing. I can't talk though since I felt the same way when I first started to join in and still do sometimes LOL

Tiff, thank you! I was so sure that I would fail, so when i saw the mark I almost fell out of my seat. My family bought me presents to show how proud they are, that was a nice suprise.
    Yay on Noah's & Ivy's achievements! Isn't it so wonderful when they put their arms out for you?

Sorry, will do other personals later, just popped in for a few minutes to have a break

No one should feel they are imposing, we are all friends here!! Renee, good to hear from you!
    Mel, sounds like you're as busy as!!
    We had a crap night last night. Just when Im thinking it will get better, coco goes and gets a runny nose and could'nt breath....why why why. I know that this huge lack of sleep is getting me down. The worst part is Im sure coco is a fine sleeper (she used to do all night) but we've just had this huge run of starting solids (constipation), chest infection, teething, throat infection, teething and now teeth and nose.....I think I was up 6-8 times again last night..
    Beck, we MISS YOU...I so hope you're ok. Seriously anyone who is feeling really bad, go and see someone (Dr ). Don't feel bad if you don't have to. And it's all normal, no one will make you feel guilty or anything.
    hope everyone has a good day. xoox

You lovely ladies nearly made me cry when I came on here and saw all of these lovely messages. I'm ok, I'm sorry if I've worried you by not posting on here...I guess I've just been feeling down and when I do, I lose all motivation to do anything. I don't think I'm necessarily any worse than before; I just think I'm now recognising the signs that have been around since Maddy was born if that makes sense? Maybe it's just now that we've gotten into a pattern that I've actually got 2 seconds to myself to realise what I'm feeling?

The good news is that I went to the gym yesterday for the first time and had my personal training session. OH MY GOD. I cannot lift my arms up today... *L* But he did target the 'back fat' & 'tuckshop lady arm' areas. I'm totally embarassed to say that I almost passed out at the end...I wasn't even doing anything cardio, just using a machine and suddenly I couldn't see! *LMAO* I'm going to my first class on Saturday morning called 'Body Balance' which is tai chi, yoga & pilates all in one.

Meg - I think it's fantastic that you're studying life coaching. It sounds like a perfect little niche for you; and I love some of the suggestions you gave to Sara. I'm certainly going to use some of them myself. So sorry that Coco was ill last night and didn't sleep very well for you - hopefully she will sleep today so you can get a nanna nap in! hehe I would love to join your mother's group if we move to Sydney....or like you said, we could literally make our own! *L*

Sarajo - {{{{hugs babe}}}} I truly hope that you are starting to feel better too hon. I haven't had a chance to read your post in the depression thread, but from what I've read from your posts here, we are literally interchangable. How is little Abby doing? She sounds like she's just started to crawl up a storm. I wish we were in the US (or you in Australia) so that we could all just catch up and chat. Well, if you, Don & Abby want to take a holiday, come to Australia! You wouldn't have to pay for accomodation, you could just tour Oz by visiting your BB friends! hehe

Christy - thank you so much hon! How is Matilda going? I can't believe how fast (well, to me anyway) your pregnancy has gone. Any names picked out for the new one yet? Have you got anything interesting planned for the next few weeks?

Kate - You sound like such a busy woman! I hope your 'good' baby came back over the last few nights and you've managed to get some sleep. Sorry to hear that Jasmine has been a clingy little girl...it does make it difficult to do things when you're the only one they'll go to doesn't it? I'm with the other girls, Jasmine sounds SO advanced with her development! Has a new tooth popped yet?

Melly - how is everything going with ex-DF? Logan is such a cutie...I love looking at the photos on his website. Can't wait to see the professional photos that you've had done - how did Logan like posing? You are such a clever woman, it can't have been easy getting such a good mark in your studies with a young bubba. I have trouble constructing a normal sentence together these days, and here you are acing your assessment! hehe Has your Mum been helping you with Logan while you've been writing your assignments etc?

Tiggy - {{{{{}}}}}} I can't believe how much depression you've had to deal with post-babies. Everytime I think I can't be in any more awe of what you've dealt with; I hear something new that just paints you as a super-mum in my eyes. I feel so selfish when I'm feeling down because I tend to want to just off-load Maddy to someone else; I cant' imagine how you feel when you've got several children needing/wanting your attention. Somtimes I honestly think that taking that step and talking to someone (getting some counselling/medication to help) is harder than admitting you might have PND. So glad to hear that little Noah has cut his first tooth and his nappies are getting better. Poor little Ivy, she's really had a rough trot hasn't she? WOW on the rolling and everything....I bet you're looking forward to them crawling with some trepidation! *L*

Christie - how is gorgeous little Owen!? You deserve a medal for everything youv'e had to deal with lately - it must have been so scary for you to hear they thought it might have been meningitis. I would have lost the plot totally had I been in your place; and here you are pregnant with no.2 as well! Have things gone smoothly since you went home from the hospital? Please make sure you take care of yourself! {{{{hugs}}}}

Renee - it's lovely seeing you here; I hope you feel welcome to our little group! The other girls are right, we love seeing new faces in here and I hope you feel like you are welcome - you could never impose! We love to chat and love hearing about each other's babies; plus we're always happy to help where we can. I can honestly say I don't know where I'd be right now without these fantastic ladies...I'll always feel a connection to the girls I shared my pregnancy with. Marnie sounds just gorgeous, I love her name. How did she sleep for you both last night?

I'm so sorry if I've forgotten anyone...this has been a mega post, so I'm going to hit post and then go back and read some posts. I'll come back and edit when I come back!

HUGE HUGS to everyone and a big thank you. I've really appreciated the support and wishes over the last few days. Hope you all have a fantastic day...must go, Maddy is crying in her playgym!

Wow Beck, you write the best posts! I just want to copy all you write and say the same thing!! Great job at the gym! I am working out tonight with a bunch of ladies on my street. The woman that just had baby Ava is a personal trainer and she will be leading, so I am excited, and a bit scared of passing out myself! lol!

Cant wait to see the prof pics, Melly! I am sure they are gorgeous!

Well, GOOD ON YOU Beck and Sarajo, for getting into the exercise!! That's brilliant and will no doubt make you feel so much better (after you get past the fainting stage...hee hee). I am SURE I would pass out too. Infact I just walked tilly to school and on the way back felt a bit dizzy...no that is BAD!! But it feels good to have been out and had some fresh air. DH started late today so he had coco. He's just left for work.
    He was just reading his emails and I could see him looking at one in particular just scrolling up and down. I asked what it was and he said "it's an email from someone I don't know....Sara Burchard"!!!! HEE HEE, I pointed out that it was from Sarajo BB, and that I'd forwarded it to him!!!! classic!
    Sarajo, Beck is right, come to Oz and you'll have a cheap hol visiting all your bb friends!! TIm actually just said he'd love to visit Texas (after I reminded him who you were) so hopefully we'll get there one day!!
    Christie, I hope no news is good news. Tiggy, hope the bubs are well. Everyone, hope all the babies are well. I so cant' wait for winter to end!!
    Guys, we find out between tomorrow and tuesday if we've sold the unit. PLEASE pray for us! WE are so desperate to get out!!
    xoxooxox

Praying very hard for you Meg that your unit is sold and at a reasonable price too! *crosses fingers*

hi all..we've had a rough few days but things have def improved around here now..and we are off on our holiday tonight after all!! we are going to qld for 2 weeks to visit bens bro, SIL and 2 kids..its going to be soooo nice to have a break, and i need it even more now!!after the week we've had!!am really exhausted coz i've been running round like a crazy person the last 2 days trying to get all the clothes(99% of which were spewed on last week)thru the was so that we have clothes to take away with us..and trying to go thru the checklists of stuff we need in my head to make sure we don't leave anything behind..also beck if you have time in the next couple of weeks, maybe we could meet up while we're up there??even leanne too??we're staying on the gold coast but are also going up to bris for a couple of days, am not sure where you guys are..but if you want you can sms/call me on 0412 411 169(thats my new mob number-got it for my bday!!a nokia n80!!fancy!!)
    meg, hope the sale goes thru..will def be thinking of you!!
    also thanks for the bday wishes everyone!!will see you all in a few weeks!!hope everything goes well for you all!!

Happy Hols Christie!! So glad to hear all is well with Owen, you defnitely deserve a holiday!! xo

Oh God it just gets worse and worse in this house at the moment…..
    Sorry this is a rant and rave post …..Anyone having an already bad day just skip this…
    Okay, the landlord has kindly decided that we are not allowed to have the second dog that was given to us by my brother as is barks all night. We have to get rid or her and pretty fast. After pleading, begging grovelling on my knees being in full on bloody tears in the rental office today for about an hour and a half.
    Long story short they have allowed it but are not happy, they have sent us a breach of lease letter and we are still allowed to keep her which is great.
    Next, my poor poor Hubby and I have been up all night with food poisoning. I keep telling him that he shouldn’t let me cook but I still do.
    Poor Ben was chucking and pooing, he never gets sick so I knew he must have been really not well. Anyway drop Jett and daycare at 8am and off to the doctors we both go. Ben had temp of 39.7 and I was fine. He had 2 bits of the pork and I only had one.
    He had to get a maxalon jab and he hates needles so I knew he was really sick to have that because he will do anything to get out of them.
    We are both really sore and really tired after a full on night last night.
    Early to bed for me as I didn’t go back to bed today as I should have.
    I run around like a mad women when Jett is at daycare because I can get heaps done.
    Right, Now onto the work issue. I am going back to work!!! I went in and express how disappointed I was in the length of time the work lasted. ( I got offered the next job that they are taking on but declined it due the 48 hours notice of work hours) Anyway they asked me if I would consider doing the job if they gave me my hours a week in advance so I took it. Crap money, but I am working with old friends from my last job at Telstra and it is on behalf of Telstra that I am working.
    Jett is still not getting any better my GP said it is a bit late for the flu injection so we are just going to have to ride it out. Next march Meg, I am first in line… ha ha…
    Renee – HI!! I must have missed you when I moved. Welcome to BB, I was a late comer in this group and I love it here.. I was welcomed with open arms, I think?? No all the girls are great and it makes those bad days so much easier to get through.
    Renee, Jett was a shocker for sleep and still is now. He has these 45 minute power naps sometimes shorter, Oh I know he needs longer but he doesn’t feel this is so.
    Night time is normally better but I did some hard yards at sleep school with the old controlled crying thing. My own fault as I used to rock him to sleep.
    Anyway hope to hear from you lots around here.
    Melly – Thank you so much for the concerns about work, oh that goes for you all…
    Beck - You poor thing, I know what you are feeling. I felt the exact same way before I went to see m PND worker at the hospital, maybe just have a chat and they will point you in the right direction. I know that meds have helped me heaps bu they don’t work for everyone, maybe just have a chat. We are all here for you too, never forget that. God I am tearing up here. Big Hugs to you….
    When ever I have a really bad day I just hold Jett and have a good tear session, that is how I deal with the bad days.
    Tiggy - That picture of Ivy and Noah is so cute.. I will get back to you with more personals tomorrow as I am now going to bed.
    Kate – I know what you mean about me time, I am sure that we all suffer here with that. I know I do, big time. I is really hard with Ben working Arvo’s I am Mum and Daddy all in one.
    I have got one of those babies that doesn’t want to drink any bottles or go to sleep at night so I think it may be growth time again. New Mother I have no idea really!!!
    Jett waves now too, when you hold his arm up it is so cute.
    Still no teeth and no sign of crawling. Oh well..
    Sarajo – I so know what you mean about ‘where did our babies go’ Jett thinks he is so good. And like Abby when things are going bad he has an attitude oh must get that from his Dad, Not!!! Good on you with the workouts, I have been so lazy bbut with work and moving and now being sick I have lost 3kgs these last few weeks so that isn’t to bad.
    Christie – I hope you all have a great holiday, take it easy and have a great time.
    I have no idea what phone that is but anything has to be better than the brick I have. Almost time to up grade.
    Meg – I really really hope and pray that you do sell that unit so you can all have some space to yourselves. I am with you and can’t wait for this winter to be over I think it has been the worst ever, or maybe it is just that I now have a little fella that gets sick too.
    God this is long I am signing off for now
    Night All…

WAAAHHHHHHH!!!! *another selfish post coming*

I feel like such a big baby. I'm 27 (not 7) and I just burst into tears on the phone to my Mum after I logged onto my computer this morning to find out that Westlife are not coming to Australia next month, and JUST their Australian tour is postponed until FEBRUARY next year.

I know they're just a band but I've been waiting 7+ years for this tour and dealing with this depression/funk at the moment, it was a really important short-term goal for me to look forward to.

Awe Beck I am so sorry! 7 years of waiting, what a huge dissapointment! Is there anything else you can schedule to look forward to? I just want to give you a big hug!

just saw I missed Dani's and Christies and Megs posts! Woops. I will have read them and do personals to you girls later..making sushi now! Yummy!
    Last edited by sarajo; August 18th, 2006 at 09:33 AM.

I'm trying to be positive Sara! The bright side (I'm struggling here *L*) is that I now have 6 months to get rid of the 15 odd pounds I still have to lose....

Ok, just realised OH SH*T! I might be in Sydney in February so now I'm going to have to pay to fly back because I won't be able to get a decent ticket for the Sydney concert instead!

it's ok Beck, a good excuse to fly back home and visit people!! And I totally understand your disappointment, but at least it's not cancelled for good, that would be awful. Also, time will fly, you won't believe how fast it will come around. I know this all prob doesn't help, but the time WILL come and you'll have an awesome time!
    Beck, you'll now have to find something else to look forward to. Have you seen the thread about losing weight here (NOT that I think you need to lose an ounce) but if it will make you feel better, maybe joining up with the girls on here will motivate you and give you something to look forward to . It's always easier with support.
    My back is SO bad that i have to go to the chiro today. It's 45 mins away, so I try to avoid going, but I can barely lift coco. I know that it will just get worse, so have to get it treated.
    hope everyone has a good day
    xoxo

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast