Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #15

Beck, it's so awesome that you're doing the gym so often, I am envious!! How are you feeling with it all (apart from muscle soreness!!)?
    I hope Maddy continues to sleep well for you! Makes such a difference! I so hope you guys move here, we'd have heaps of fun. Maybe I'd have to join a gym so you could encourage me to go!!
    Still don't know about sale. Cut off is friday...
    Sarajo, looking forward to seeing the piggy pics of Abby, so cute. tilly is dying to do coco's hair in pigtails!!
    Mel, that's so awesome how well you're doing at uni. I think you're going to do really well. Pity the ex is being a ****, typical guy for you!!
    Tiggy, it's great news you found a good paed, hope Ivy is getting better and better.
    better run, tilly is getting a bit stroppy again, happens when the medicine starts to wear off.
    hope everyone sleeps really reallly well (has been awful here having sick tilly in our room. Her nose is so blocked it's like a huge man snoring, Im suffering severe sleep deprivation, looking forward to moving!!) xo

Me again!! Sarajo, LOVE the pics of Abby!!Her hair looks gorgeous, and she has such beautiufl blue eyes!! It is really amazing how different babies are to each other. She is a month younger than coco , but coco could NOT stand like Abby does at all!! She can with two hands holding play pen, but not a sofa or her cot or anything!! Also Abby looks so grown up!! I like it though, it's nice how they all develop differently!!By no means am I worried about coco being slower, she's going at a perfect rate, but I love to see the bubs that can do so much!!
    Well we had a fabbo night. Coco slept right through, and tilly slept until 5am which is awesome considering. It's the first morning in 6 days tilly has woken with no temp. YEY YEYE YEY...it begins to worry me after so long.
    anyway, today 4 of my mothers group are throwing me a bday lunch, mum is minding tilly and I'll take coco, the poor thing needs to get out. also her friends will be there!
    Then tomorrow Im going to Jamie Oliver!! How exciting. Then friday (my bday) Im meant to be having lunch with two school friends and then on sat Im getting my hair done (some blonde streaks, decided i prefer a bit of blonde) and going to my friends 30th (we were best friends for years andhave same bday. Haven't talked for a while, but we're working on rebuilding our friendship).
    anyway, it will be so nice to be busy as the last 9 days have been absolutely boring.
    Also the suns meant to come out today (it has rained the entire 9 days we've been sick....). Hope everyone has a great day
    xoxoxox

tiggy Guest

Hey Meg,
    So glad that Tilly is on the mend and that you got some sleep!
    You sound as though your birthday week is going to be full of lots of good things! If I don't get a chance in the next few days... Happy birthday for Friday!
    Mine is coming quickly too. I'm feeling particularly old this year.
    Anyhow, hope that you have a nice time at MG.
    We are hanging about home today as the dog groomers are coming to clip our two very matted maltese.
    They say the sun is coming but it is still very overcast here. I am so sick of the rain, even though we need it.
    Hoping for some sun and wind so that I can get some washing dry...my backyard is currently flooded and the farm at the end of the road is no longer a farm, it's a lake with various waterfoul swimming around...I hope the cows found higher ground!

Thanks Meg! I had fun taking those pics and doing her hair! Abby is going to be walking sooooon! She is getting braver and braver, and is starting to just let go of what she is holding! Last week she could not pull herself up, it just happens so all of a sudden. Anyway, YaY for healthy kids! I am so glad they are feeling better! So your birthday is Friday? Happy birthday early! Have a great birthday week!!

Tiff Have I told you I LOVE the ticker pic! Your twinnies are sooo adorable! So when is your birthday? I hope the cows found higher ground too! I am also glad your house isnt flooded...is it?

Have a great day!

tiggy Guest

AWWW, thanks Sara, Abby is gorgeous too!
    My Lily was running when she was 10 months old! They all develop so differently! You won't know yourself when she is walking.

Our house isn't flooded, just our yard.

My birthday is 29th September.

Wow you certainly have a lot to catch up on when you haven't logged on for a while. I thought I would be able to write a long thread but my little sausage dog Sav is barking like a lunatic! Anyway will hopefully be able to write a little.
    I took Marnie to the doctor's yesterday even though I thought she was on the mend. The doctor could not believe the previous doctor had not prescribed antibiotics in the first place. He told me the risk of pneumonia and put her straight on them. Oh dear - what a great mother I am - NOT! Felt terrible but she just kept smiling. She was terrified of the doctor (He is Sri Lankan) and cried big sad tears. Had to laugh!
    Wow Beck you big fitness junkie! We only have 3 fitness classes a week here and two of them I can't make because of netball and the other is on David's Poker night (can not wait till this is over!) But now they have one on Friday mornings which I am really looking forward to because David isn't working on Friday. You must be feeling great!
    No Sarah - teachers here don't move on with their class (which is sometimes a good thing!) I am only teaching casually except for my permanent day on Monday where I work with three different classes. Abby's photos are gorgeous.
    I am glad you did not stay away long Meg. I hope you have a great birthday. I was hungover for mine! I am starting to sound like an alcoholic .... I'm with you on the crawling thing - I think it will be any day.
    I can't stand it the dog is still barking and if he wakes Marnie up I think the RSPCA might have to visit! There is a loose dog in my front yard - who I might add is 10 times the size of Sav and would kill him in a minute!
    Have a great day - sorry I couldn't message everyone but my mind goes blank once I start to type.

Hello Ladies,
    OMG, my little boy has a tooth in his little mouth. I was over the moon when I found it the other day. I can't stop feeling it.
    I was meaning to ask the other day does anyone else's babies sleep on a pillow? Jett seems to sleep better when he is on one. I have no idea if it is okay for them this young or not.
    Sarajo - I love the pictures of Abby. Ben has been home with Gastro and he was looking at them with me, he thinks she is so cute. I love the pig tails, they are so sweet.
    Renee - What is it with dogs barking when the bubs are down for a nap. My dogs don't bark the whole time Jett is awake and when he goes down they start. I drives me mad.
    Glad to hear that Marnie is getting better. I wouldn't worry to much. I know/think that Jett needs sometimes when he has been sick for weeks but my doctor dosn't ever give them to me. I think they just want them to but up an imune system, Hello sometime they are to sick to do that!!!
    Hope she is feeling better really soon.
    Meg - I hope you have a great birthday on Friday!! Have a great time at Mother's group.
    Hey Tiff Hope all is going great with you, tried to catch you the other day on MSN but we musn't have been around at the same time.
    Anyway I am off to bed now need as much shut eye as I can get.

YAy for Jett's first tooth!! Woohoo! Abby doesnt use a pillow, and I would not suggest it for a new born, but I think it is safer now that Jett is almost 9 months old!

Renee I hope that big mean dog leaves Sav alone! I'm glad they got Marnie on antibiotics! I hate it when doctors have differing opinions! It makes me not want to trust any of em!

Tiff I am so not ready for her to walk yet! I dont know what I am going to do! She stood up all by herself only holding on to a shoelace the other day. I think it will be anyday when she really starts balancing! Yikes!

I have somewhat baby-proofed my house, but there is still so much to do! I bought a superyard last week, and it is WONDERFUL! I would suggest it to all of you! It is so nice and I put it in a half circle thing and use the couch as the other wall of it so it gives Abby so much room to play! She pulls herself up on in and cruises it! lol! It really lets me get some things done around the house without worrying about her every second! superyard_pic

I just found out my friend is having a girl and I am going to do her baby shower for her! Woohoo! Oh and my cousin is having a boy! I will find out what my sil is having in 2 weeks! They are all due in FEB!

You all have a great day!

Dani I don't use a pillow, I didnt' with tilly until she was 4. Coco definitely doesn't stay still enough for a pillow. Just as long as he knows to move his head if hes' face down (coco loves sleeping face down, so pillow not great idea for her I dont think).
    Sarajo, that superyard looks awesome, unfortunately it would be the size of our unit. Poor coco just has a small playpen!!
    We have decided that if we don't sell (and it's highly unlikely we will) we will stay in the unit. Pretty depressing but just a bit less depressing than living with inlaws indefinitely, just don't think I could do it.
    Off to Jamie Oliver today, will be back on later xoox

Meg have a blast!!!

Meg, how was your birthday lunch with your MG? Sorry to hear you're probably going to be stuck in that tiny unit for a while yet, but perhaps it is going to be better than staying with the in-laws after what you've told me about them. Hopefully that gorgeous pair of girls you & Tim have will stay healthy and it'll make it easier for you. SOOO jealous you're off to Jamie Oliver today. I would love to go and see his show, I just can't afford it....what a lovely birthday present for you from your friend! (I have a few Jamie Oliver daydreams, he's a bit of a spunk in my opinion; and who doesn't love a cook?! hehe)

Dani, YAYYYY for little Jett's first tooth! Way to go little guy! We don't have a pillow yet for Maddy; but she does sleep on a pillow in our bed except it's her whole body. I'm not sure the experts recommend it until well after 1 year old and closer to 2 years; but if he sleeps still and he doesn't roll around, it really is about what you & your husband are comfortable with! How's Ben feeling? Hope the gastro clears out soon for you guys.

Sarajo, LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos of little Abby with piggytails. She is SO adorable, and I'm so jealous. Maddy has about enough hair to hold some tiny little hairclips but not even close to have enough to hold elastics. So you're big fans of footy over there? hehe I'm just guessing that's a gridiron team you follow? YAY about all of the babies arriving in February next year...I can't help but think 'wow, that'll be hot to be heavily pregnant over Christmas', but then I realised that's the end of your winter. Sort of like having a baby in August over here.

Renee - awwww, that's so rough that you 'should' have had Marnie on antibiotics because of the risk of. I'm glad the doctor didnt try and make you feel bad, it's not like you chose not to give it to her, the other doctor didnt even mention it to you! Grrrrr...hope your little princess is feeling better soon!

Tiff - eek about your yard being flooded; very relieved to hear that your house is fine however. The last thing you need on top of kids that are recovering from being ill, is a damp, uninhabitable house! Hope you get really spoiled for your birthday this year...you certainly deserve it mam!

Nothing much exciting happening here at the moment. Maddy is feeling better so she is full of smiles, just a little phlegm left now. Very relieved. Thinking about going to the gym this morning, we haven't been this week. Maddy was too sick earlier in the week and yesterday I had to go help my sister with a lice outbreak. Poor thing. Her daughter has gotten a third bout of lice in 2 MONTHS because this same parent at the childcare keeps bringing their child in saying they can't get the eggs out of the little girl's hair. Rude. We're off to Indian tomorrow night for dinner; courtesy of John's work which is pretty nice! *L*

tiggy Guest

Hey Dani! YAY for Jett's toothy!!!!! I bet you are one proud Mummy!!!

Sorry about MSN. Sometimes my kids log on and don't turn MSN off.

I am around, battling the black dog alot these days. Westmead hospital has a memorial every year for babies who have died in the NICU and in paeds. We went last year and it was so sad. Anyway, an invitation arrived in the mail on Tuesday and has sent me into a real spin. I miss William everyday. All my emotions are all mixed up because I feel so lucky having Ivy and Noah but I want Will too. A friend asked me the other day if I felt guilty for replacing William so quickly! I cried so hard that day! It was never about replacing him. It was that the longing to have a baby was still so strong, after he died. People find it hard to undetstand, I guess.
    Anyhow, enough of that ( shakes off bad mood)

I'm thinking of going into the shops today insearch of mozzie nets. After the rain, they are everywhere and of course my allergic babies have swollen right up where they have been bitten.

Meg, so sorry to hear that the sale might not happen. That is so wrong but can understand you wanting to have your own space, rather than the in laws. hugs.

Sara, omg - a shoelace! I think you are right. I think it won't be long at all.

Bec, yay at the classes! I don't know how you do it! Maddy sounds so cute and cheeky. Read about her in the cute things thread.

Hi Renee! Know what you mean about dogs barking when babies are sleeping! There must be something in the air, although, my dogs wouldbark at a blade of grass these days.

Awe Tiff That was a really insensitive thing for your friend to say. Of course the twins arent a replacement. How hard it must be for you having lost Will. I think you have so much courage and you are such a strong mummy. Are you going to that thing at the hospital again this year? I bet there are a lot of tears there, and a lot of support!

Beck I am happy Abby can do pigtails now, but barretts are another story. Her hair is long enough, but too smooth and they fall right out! Then of course they go right in the mouth, so they are out! Im so happy Maddy is feeling better! She is such a cutie pie!

Meg have fun at Jamie Oliver! I really dont know who that is...I know I am so sheltered! lol! Ahhh, I just looked and he is a chef! How fun! I hope you get to sample some of his finest! Have fun! Maybe he'll sing happy birthday to you!

Tiggy that's unfortunate that your friend said that, she obviously doesn't understand. I hope you're feeling happier now. I would probably look at it as though Will sent the twins to you (I tend to see things like that).
    Sarajo, Jamie has a few tv shows on in Australia and UK, he's really entertaining as well as cooks delish food and looks HOT...(like beck said, have had my own share of daydreams)!! Imagine the whole package, good looking, funny, AND a great cook!! Tims got two out of three, his cooking only stretches to mince dishes!!!
    I had a lovely lunch yesterday thanks Beck. one of the mums made thai chicken curry and another made beetroot/choc muffins for dessert...SO divine!! I was spoilt and also got a few prezzies!!
    Mums paying for me to get my hair done on saturday. Im getting blonde streaks!!!!!!!! Im sick of the dark already!!!Just need some blonde in my hair!!
    have a good one everyone, I really must go and get some chores done now!!
    ps we're going to yum cha before Jamie, my friend just rang to suggest that!! She knows I dont' need any persuasion for YUM CHA!! oxoxoox
    lxoxoxo

ps just added 4 pics, the stunned mullet look!! xo
    Last edited by Mumma2three; September 14th, 2006 at 09:39 AM.

Wow her eyes are so blue! Gorgeous!

Tiff, I am so sorry about what your friend said. I'm sure she didn't mean it the way it came out; or at very least didn't mean it to be so rude, but that must have really hurt you. Ivy and Noah will never replace William for your family; they are their own little souls and I'm sure William was watching over them and making sure they got to you safely! {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Sarajo - *L* @ the barrettes. I put two little pink sparkly clips in Maddy's hair this morning but they too slip out fairly quickly. Have to keep an eye on them so she doesn't stick them straight in her mouth. Love the new piccy you have in your ticker - she is such a pretty little thing!

Meg, so glad you enjoyed your lunch yesterday - after everything you've been through lately in particular with the flat, you deserve to be spoiled. No better reason than a birthday. YUM CHA!!!!! YAYYYY....I am so addicted now and it's all your fault Meg! hehe I'm going there for my birthday in December I've decided so we'll see if it's as good as the one we went to in North Sydney. Wave at Jamie for me today! His teeth aren't crash hot but I think he's just gorgeous. Plus, I love the work he's done in the school cafeterias in England, and with the underprivelleged kids to staff Fifteen. I kinda wish I was eligible for the Aussie version; I'd like to get into the food industry and what better way than to learn from Jamie & Toby!?

Speaking of Toby...I am SOOOO bummed by the result of Rock Star: Supernova. NOT HAPPY JAN!!!! Hope I haven't spoiled it for anyone saying that, but I honestly think they've picked the wrong one to lead the band. Out of the final four, the ONLY one I didn't want to win actually got the position. *sigh*

Becka - i am so with you on Jamie's teeth lol!

Hi guys!
    Jamie was great! We were up the top, so not the closest view, but loads of fun, such a great entertainer!! Yes his teeth aren't the best, nor the lisp, but he's pretty cute. made cuter by his passion for cooking!! He did some great food, alot of it do-able which is nice, i am hoping to try one or two things (just have to remember ingredients). Yum cha first was divine and it was really weird to be out with a friend and no children!! I've been out at night a few times without kids, but during the day seeing a show was really weird!! (but a good weird).
    My back is playing up so looks like Im spending some of my bday at the chiro (takes an hour each way to get there). Not so happy about it, but need the treatment. Will be having lunch with friends first (suggested yum cha but they dont' really know yum cha, so will prob just do a cafe).
    im so absolutely exhausted now, hoping to be in bed by about 8pm latest!!
    hope everyone is doing well xoxo

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast