Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #16

Hello Ladies,
    Bad news Jett has the chicken pox. What is it with my family we are always sick??
    We are normally healthy but in the last few months I have no idea what is going on.
    Anyway Mum is going to have him as I have just started the new job and can't take time off, If Jett needs me work will just have to wait. I will not put it before Jett, is that
    bad??
    Melly - Don't you worry, we all know you are still about. I hope that everything is going really well for you. Do you feel better in yourself now that you are doing Uni?
    Anyway betta get to bed.

Dani,poor you and poor Jett, what a nightmare, but at least he won't need the chicken pox vaccine, good to get it over with (tilly never had them. she got the vacinne last month and I"ve since heard it doesn't work that well.....).Anyway, I so hope he gets well quickly and it isn't too bad a case.
    Don't worry, I think every work knows that kids come first. There's very few in life that would put work first when it comes down to it. So I wouldn't be feeling bad unless work was absolutely my one and only priority!
    You're doing an amazing job DAni, han\g in therre. Sorry for typing, inlaws laptop it's awful!
    hope everyone else is doing well xxoxoxo

Hey Ladies,
    Looks like it may just be a rash, it hasn't got worse.
    Doctor last night seemed to think it may be chicken pox but this morning the spots have gone down in color so lets hope it is a false alarm!!! Why do doctors plant these thing in your head, worst case I guess...
    I rang his daycare and they have said a few rashes have been going around but no chicken pox, they are happy for him to go today so that is a good sign. I really wouldn't have sent him if he was sick, but they have okayed it so I guess I am happy with that.
    He isn't grumpy so that is good.
    Betta get ready for work.

tiggy Guest

Dani,
    Fingers crossed it's not the chicken pox. You are by no means bad for wanting to put your baby first!
    Hope you have a good day and you don't worry too much.

Meg, how is it going at the in laws?

Melly, good to hear you had a good time in Canberra, Yay for Logan! He is going great guns!

I just wanted to say a great big thank you to all of you for the birthday wishes, they really lifted my spirits!

Also, Ivy is on her hands and knees rocking!!!!! In the two weeks, she has learnt to sit on her own, get up on all fours and now the rocking! I am so proud of my little premmie princess!
    Noah is still rolling around and around and around to get to where he needs to be but he is finally sitting on his own. So they are mobile! Now the fun begins (and in the school holidays too hehe).

Yey Tiggy for Ivy and Noah's leaps and bounds!! How exciting. It is a totally new and exhausting world when they can move, I am exhausted, even more so than normal!!
    Kate, I couldn't really access the website about vitamins for some reason, but after doing herbalife, I am happy to just get them from the health food shop.At the moment Im taking a multi vitamin, fish oil capsules and zinc tablets. The fish oil has been amazing as I haven't had period pain for the last two periods which for me is AMAZING!! I also add flaxseed oil to my smoothy every day , so maybe that helps. YOu'd think with all my vitamins etc I'd have more energy, but NO.....
    Just discovered the inlaws have a mini tramp, think I might go out on the balcony and have a jump!! It might help with the lack of energy. I just feel so tired all the time (could be due ot lack of sleep and junk food though)....I try to be really healthy. Maybe I will cut out bread again it seems to make me lethargic.
    hope everyone has a great day, I'd better get some things done now that coco is asleep. Tilly is happy she's got foxtel here and a huge flat screen.THink she's watching dvd's at the moment!! oxxoxox

Great news Ivy and Noah (love those names!) on your leaps and bounds. I am glad you had a good birthday Tiff.
    Gosh Meg - you really look after yourself with all your vitamins. I only take the breastfeeding/pregnancy ones (and have only started again from a 2 months break - they are expensive aren't they?) I am trying to cut bread out too - but I love it - it just doesn't love me. My DH is a huge bread eater but he is going onto night shifts for the next 4 nights so there won't be any late night sandwiches etc. He is hopeless and if someone else is eating I want in!
    SOrry to hear about Jett Dani. I hope it isn't the chicken pox. I had them 3 times in my growing up years. Terrible! I can understand your mixed feelings about work - when Marnie is sick it's just too bad she comes first. But it would be hard for you this week as it's your first week taking calls. I hope they understand.
    Good on you Mel for having a great night out! If your anything like me you will be tired for the rest of the week now!
    Marnie is wearing her dad and mum out. She has not stopped since she started crawling and is pulling herself up onto everything. She has also decided that she doesn't like her afternoon sleep! Oh no! She will only sleep in the pram so for the past 2 afternoons the family has been walking! Which is good for all of us but totally rearranged my routine. Oh well.
    I am really enjoying my school holidays but am busily preparing programs for various classes next term. I am trying to create a new program about the climate change which has really encouraged me to look around our house and try to do things differently.
    The washing machine has stopped time to hang out clothes.
    Talk later - we are getting very quiet in here aren't we?
    Last edited by Renee Elizabeth; October 4th, 2006 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Spelling

Tiggy, Yay for Ivy & Noah, wow they're going so well! And they're so cute too

Dani, I hope it's just a false alarm, at least the childcare is willing to let him go, do you have pay for childcare even if he's sick? I do. But since it's only 10c an hour, it's not really something I worry too much about atm. I will worry more when Uni is over and I have to pay more lol I will still be having him go when Uni is done for the year because he really seems to enjoy and I can have a couple of days off. Is that so bad? I feel horrible, but also I want him to get to have a little birthday party with all his friends there since his birthday is on a Tuesday LOL

I have been feeling a little better in myself lately because of Uni, I beat myself up about the first 74% mark I got only because it was 1% less than my last assignment, but I figure that my lecturer is trying to ease everyone in to writing academic style essays so even if I'm improving, he's marking harder so I did well to get that mark. Or that is what I keep telling myself! The black dog has been nipping at my heels but that is only because of issues with Logans Dad.

I do not think you are bad for wanting to put Jett first, I think it's a great way of thinking. I mean jobs are important, but your family is more important than any job IMHO

Meg, You certainly sound like you have more energy than I do atm. Last night Logan & I got home from Uni and we both just had a nap, I didn't even give him a bath because he was way too tired and it just would have upset him. I think it's amazing that you are looking after both your girls so well and you managed to move and everything.

But then I think all the ladies here are amazing each in their own way

Logan now has 6 teeth, one either side of his two top ones. No wonder he's been out of sorts since Monday. I didn't even think of the possibility of him teething. LOL

Well Logan & I are going to a Magic show this afternoon. I have a spare ticket but can't find anyone else to go with me and Logan is free anyway. I think Logan will enjoy it, and if not it's no big deal since it was donated to me anyway My family case worker said she saw it last year and she thought it was amazing.

I'd better be off and do some more work on my assignments. Have a great day everyone.

Goodness me it is quiet in here. I am just off to the dentist and thought I would have a stickybeak and noone has posted since yesterday! Goodness me does this mean we have sleeping babies and we are catching up or are our babies sick? I really hope not.
    I hope your first 'real' week at work is going well Dani and your baby Jett has not got chicken pox.
    How are your in laws Meg? Mine are visiting in 2 weeks!
    I'll be back at work so it means I won't have to worry who can care for Marnie that week. I really need to get organised with her care especially if I want to take on more days next year.
    I hope you had fun at the magic show Mel.
    Hi Beck, Sara, Tiff and anyone else i missed.
    off to the dentist - a bit scary I haven't been in 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Renee!
    im here! Just more difficult here to find time to get o\n,as computer is not in same room as coco playing. We went to mothers group today and had a lovely time in the parkk. Tilly is now resting and im trying to get coco to sleep. She's been settling so well, she must be overtired this afternoon. Back later..xoxoox

Hey lovely ladies! {{{{huggles all around}}}}}

How're you all doing? It's been pretty busy around here, and it's only going to get worse over the next few weeks. Loads of parties, weddings, events etc coming up to think about.

Maddy is doing well, still sleeping pretty much through the night (aside from the occasional 10pm wake-up when she goes to bed early, has a little 10 min snack and then goes back to sleep until the morning) which is just a godsend. Oh, and she's going great guns on the food too...loving her chicken, 2 minute noodles, spag bol, yoghurt, cheese, bread etc.

Thought I would jump on (AGAIN!) and let you know what my little angel got up to tonight. She had just had her bath and was in her pyjamas supposedly playing with her nursery rhymes cd player when I thought I'd check my emails. All was quiet - too quiet. I came out to see that she had completely devoured her zinc cream we use on her exczema!!!! Thank goodness it was only a little jar but goodness me. She cried when I took it off her. Maybe she was hungry? Let's just say she didn't finish dinner tonight. No wonder - greedy little thing.
    Very funny.
    Have a great night!
    Yay on the sleeping Maddy!

Hi All

Quick pop in from me too!

I hope you are all really well. And that all of your precious babies are too! Im a bit sick here, think my body is detoxing from the vitamins, but woah I feel like total crap! This morning I could not get out of bed. Ok lol, this afternoon I could not get out of bed *pmsl*

I put Jasmines playpen up today. She went nuts for about half an hour but now she toddles around in it, from one side to the other, her hands in the air ready to catch the sides lol its funny. It takes up the whole room though! Its one of those mesh hexagon ones? Vee Bee I think its called. Oh its much better being able to go to the toilet without having someone follow me and cry because I walk too fast LOL. I dont think I will use it all the time, but its certainly handy!

Crap someone is at my door. Typical

Hi girls!! Sorry I went MIA but I have had the worst headaches! I think they have to do with my hormones since I started my period yesterday (tmi I know!). I have pretty much been immobile because of them for the past 3 days. Poor Abby has watched so much TV in those days! Anyway, finally feeling a bit better! Anyway, I finally got to taking pic of my hair! Here take a look! It looks completely red in the sun! lol! myhair
    I also included a diva pic of Abby with a tube top! lol!

Anyway, how are all of you? Sorry some of you ar sick! I hope Jett doesnt have the chicken pox, although it would be nice to get them over with with no need for vaccine! Hopefully some of you are still on so we can chat while Abby is napping!

Have I missed you SArajo? Your hair looks awesome!! And Abby looks SO cute, andso grown up!! Love the outfit and hair!!
    Beck, that's so fab about Maddy's great sleeping and eating, you must be soooo relieved. It makes sooo much difference when you dont' have to get up to bubs. Saying that, I had to get up last night to check Tilly as she was in the top bunk! So even when Im not up for baby, Im up for something (toilet, whatever...I always seem to wake). Kate, hope you're feeling ok, love that it could be detox!! What vitamins did you get?
    Sarajo, I hope your headaches get better, you poor thing.
    Tim and I are off to a wedding today, a friend I went to school with. Looking forward to it, except it's overcast and it's an outdoor ceremony (with no undercover for miles). Hope it fines up.
    have a great one girls and bubs!! oxxoox

Your hair looks great Sara - love Abby's tube top! SO cute. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Just when I was back in the land of the living I've come down with a cold - runny nose, cough and a head ache that will not go away. YOu ladies must think I must be the sickest person ever - but usually I am not. I didn't even get this sick at school and I was surrounded with littlies all day long.
    Have fun at the wedding Meg.
    I hope you are feeling better soon Kate - what vitamins are you on?

Thanks ladies! I tell you I dont know if I have ever done anything that drastic to my hair! A change was much needed though!

Meg hav a great time at the wedding! I hope the weather is nice for you! I love weddings!

Renee I hope you feel better soon! I dont think of you as being sick all the time! You know once you get something your resistance can go down making it easier for you to catch whatever is going around! Are you on any vitamins?

Afternoon All

WOW Sarajo your hair looks excellent! Check you out in those photos too! Youre looking fabulous!! Abby is too cute. I love that outfit! I hope youre not getting headaches like you used to when you were pregnant. Poor thing how horrible! AF is bound to make your hormones all over the place. Not fair is it!

Meg Have fun at the wedding! More and more Im hearing of people getting married on Fridays now! I hope the weather gets better too. I have to drive down to Wollongong tonight with Jasmine, and its not a nice drive in the rain!

Renee sorry to hear you are not well! What a bugger! I hope you get well soon! Do you go back to work when school holidays are over? Im sorry I must have missed it, but are you a teacher? What grade? PMSL @ Marnie with the zinc cream! Thats classic!

If you click on the advertisement on the top of the page you will see the vitamins Im taking. Its not so much vitamins, as a probiotic. Day 3 now and I feel a bit better today. Still a runny nose but I dont feel sick now. I must admit that I did hop out of bed this morning and so far I havent wanted to go back to bed! Even though I dont usually get to, I always want to go back and get more sleep. I had a late night last night too. I went to bed around 3am, so the fact that Im not tired is pretty huge! Im not noticing a change in my crankiness though. Though that could just be Michaels fault. Pmsl. Im taking the Fast Tract liquid first and then Im moving onto the powder in a couple of weeks! There is a thread about it all here

Everyone else I hope you are well! Rach I miss you where are you, how is Hannah! Christie how is the pregnancy going? How is Owen!! Melly how are you, I read your punching bag post. Nuts to your ex, take your friend, if you get stuck though, I'll go with you! Id take the friend and stick it to the ex! Tiggy How are the twins? I hope Ivy and Noah are both well. Now they are both mobile I bet you will be very very busy, not that you arent already! Sounds like Ivy will be crawling in a matter of days!! Dani how is Jett? Is it chicken pox? Poor baby I hope all is well! Beck sounds like you are well, and so is Maddy. YAY for the great eating. Its fun sharing your food with them isnt it! Sami are you still around?

Did I miss anyone? Probably. Sorry if I have. I keep getting distracted! I dont know if I mentioned it or not, but the other weekend we had some huge winds here in Sydney, and one of my huge gumtrees out the back fell down and took out the neighbours gazebo and fence! Anyway turns out it had termites, so all the houses around us have been checked and we found the nest.... Down at my parents house which is in the next street over (they live behind my next door neighbours) ! PMSL Anyway the council is here now picking up the tree. It was around 12 metres tall so you can imagine how much wood there is here that theyre picking up! Making so much noise and Jasmine isnt even stirring in her sleep lol!
    Last edited by k8ty; October 6th, 2006 at 01:20 PM. Reason: forgot something!!

Hi All,
    Looks like it defiantly wasnít chicken pox, the rash has lessened and now is almost gone. I wonder what it could have been if it was chicken pox?? Maybe something he ate. I was thinking it may have been his nappy as the rash was mainly around that area where it goes. I have swapped to the new style of Huggies and he has had the rash.
    Tiggy - Oh, I know that I am not bad for wanting to put Jett first but I am just over the whole work thing. I am not sure if I am going to stay. I forgot how much I hated being chained to a desk. I had worked in a call centre for 4.5 years and I hated it.
    I am so not sure if I am going to stay.
    Seeing I got the bill for my trip to hospital the other week an it came in at $1499 I need to work for a few more months to pay for that .
    I thought I had ambulance cover with my private help insurance, turns out I donít!! I am so devastated seeing that I only went 100 meters across the road in it.
    Glad to hear that Ivy is on her way to being mobile. Jett was on all fours tonight and then just nose planted into the floors boards and gave himself a blood nose, opps, Bad Mummy!!!!
    I love the new shot of the two of them.
    Renee - Life never stops for us mothers. If it not washing it is the dishes and if not them it is picking up after our DH (well in my case that is).
    I know what you mean about the babies come first.
    No good to hear that you have got a cold, maybe it is the change in the weather? I donít think I have ever been as sick as since I have had Jett. I seem to get every single thing that is going around.
    I am with Kate, PMSL at the zinc cream. I hope it wasnít harmful for her at all? Did you get some happy snaps of it. I know I would have been in there flashing away.
    Sarajo Ė I love your hair!!!!! I have just had a look. I would love to get my hair cut and styled like that but mine is the biggest mop and it would never sit like that.
    Abby looks so cute in her top.
    I have just checked out the photos and the video, my goodness she is beautiful. I am sure you are both so much in love with her. It is so funny I didnít think I could love anyone as much as I do Jett. Being a Mum is the best thing!!
    Hope the headaches get better.
    Melly Ė I forgot to say well done to Logan, I donít think Jett is going to crawl. I have been told it is not good if they go straight to walking so I am hoping that he starts to show some signs of crawling.
    Kate Ė I have been trying that thing that you suggested from Gymbaroo but he flips it when ever he is on his tummy. I think it may be that he canít get grip on the floor boards.
    Ben and I got married on a Friday night. It was daylight savings so we got married at about 6pm, it was the best as everyone could have drinks and not worry about getting up the next day for work.
    No need for a playpen here as Jett doesnít move much, Heheh!!!
    Meg Ė I did herbalife too, what did you think of it? I didnít think much. I did it for weight loss and I put more weight on when I did it than when I did weight watches. I donít think I would do it again.
    How is life at the in-laws going? I think I could live with my MIL but not for a long period she is pretty controlling. I really donít think it would work. Tilly would be wrapped with foxtel; I know my SIL who is 10 loved it when we had it.
    Hope you have a great time at the wedding, hope the rain holds off.
    Beck Ė Good on Maddy!!! I am so glad that things are getting back on track for you all.
    I have motherís group today, we had decide that will meet on weekends sometimes and the dadís are going to come. Ben will do anything to get out of coming, he really hates to socialize. It drives me made as I love it, you normally have to drag him kicking and screaming if we have to go somewhere.
    Jett is still sleeping Yeh!!!
    Better go and do his veggies.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Sorry for the massive post, I miss so much being at work.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast