Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #16

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,

Just popping in to give Meg a big hug. Hope Coco doesn't have gastro.

Also thought I would brag a bit... Ivy and Noah were in the local paper last week, yep, they're famous already!!! hehe.
    Also, Noah had his first haircut yesterday and my clever girl, Ivy can sit up on her own!!!

Brag finished!

Beck, I am not platinum member. But now I can't find the mood thing!! That's ok coz I'll forget to change it and always be the same mood!!
    Thanks Jillian, Beck, and Tiggy for your well wishes. I so hope coco doesn't get sick. I have a feeling her 5th tooth is coming through, so hoping its' related. She hasn't eaten alot today but has eaten some. She seems happy, but I did give her panadol. She's also only had one small poo since this morning, so it's hard to tell. She's burping alot. Last night tilly made her laugh and spew came out her nose, that is unusual. Anyway, will just have to monitor her. Im thinking maybe tilly had a bit of upset tummy last week and maybe I did too (funny how quick I've forgotten). Anwayy, hoping she is ok.
    Yey on Maddy's next tooth Beck!! How was the competition??
    Tiggy, what were Ivy and Noah in the paper for? How exciting!! Yey on Ivy sitting, that's great!! xoxo

Hi Everyone

Jasmine graduated from her Gymbaroo class on Tuesday. It was so cute. We even got a certificate lol! Were on holidays for 2 weeks (it works in school terms) and then we go back to another class altogether. It will be sad because 2 of the kids she goes crazy over, wont be there, but hopefully she will just make some new friends. I must remember to take a camera next term. I love Gymbaroo, Im so glad I got Jasmine into it!

Not alot else happening at the moment. Jasmine is still standing everywhere and anywhere, and she can take about a step and a half without hanging onto anything. When she does it though, she seems to scare herself IYKWIM? It looks like it hasnt 'clicked' yet. You know when they started crawling, it just clicked to them "oohhh so this is how it goes" and that was it. I think the walking must be the same. She loves to stand and hold the ball or "BAH" as it is currently known as.

MMMMMMM I didnt think the mood things were for platinum members only originally Its not that great geez I thought it was a bit of fun for everyone. I cant even find where to change it now myself anyway!

Meg I hope Coco is ok. She has had her fair share of being sick the poor little bubba! Spew out her nose sounds cute but not cute IYKWIM lol! How is the packing going?

Tiggy YAY for being in the paper (which one?) and for Ivy sitting up on her own. What a big girl! Noah had his first hair cut? How cute!!!! I would love to see photos!

Renee Im glad that you and DH had a talk and everything is ok. Im very glad to hear you are just going to try and see how it goes. I really do believe that God will send you a child when he thinks you are ready. I dont know if you know this, actually come to think of it I dont think Ive ever mentioned this on BB, but since I was about 17-18 years old Ive always been told it would be difficult if not impossible for me to have children. I had a sloppy job done during an operation to remove large cysts on my ovaries which left alot of scarring, that was only picked up during the 2nd operation. So for all that time, I have never been overly cautious about contraception. It didnt bother me though because I always believed whats meant to be will be. Then in March last year my best friend was taken to hospital due to some complications he was having. (He had a car accident in 1998 and since then was a quadraplegic) Since he had been in hospital so many times, I was expecting him just to come out when he was better. Then on April 7th 2005 he suddenly passed away in hospital. It was a real shock to me, as I had seen him through alot worse, and was even his carer for the first 8 months after the accident. To be honest I really didnt think I could handle it at all. But the night before his funeral, something told me to do a HPT. I dont know what it was. And it was positive! I think I must have been 2 or 3 weeks pregnant when I took that test that night. We werent trying, and had not been using contraception for quite some time (years maybe Im not sure) and all of a sudden I was pregnant. I truly believe that God knew I would not be able to handle Shaun's passing, and so he sent me Jasmine.
    Youre probably wondering what that has to do with you, lol, but what I was trying to say is that I whole heartedly believe in God and the plans he has when it comes to new life and all that. Without being too preachy!
    WOW thats the first time Ive been able to talk about that since it happened without crying!!!!!! Anyway I hope you understand what I meant by that!

Omg its 7pm and I havent fed the dogs! Im sorry to miss people out. I got carried away again lol

{{{{HUGE HUGS to you too Kate}}}}} I had no idea the circumstances that surrounded Jasmine being sent to you by God, but I having read what you posted about Shaun and losing him, I am just so glad that you were blessed with Jasmine in your life!

Being curious (ok, nosy! *L*) I'd always wondered about Jasmine's Daddy but felt that you would let us know if you wanted us to know.

P.S - Meg, the gymnastics was great. All 3 of my favourites were competing and they finished 1-2-3, even if two of them didn't have the best of competitions. We managed to film most of it, so I'm looking forward to getting my disk with the uploaded routines from one of the other girls filming. The team for the World Championships in Denmark in 3 weeks was announced after the 2nd night, and 5 of my 'choices' made the team of 7.

Thanks Kate - and thank you for sharing your truly inspirational story. How blessed you must feel with Jasmine.
    Way to go Beck - Maddy's first graduation. I can't believe she has graduated from something already.
    I hope Coco is feeling better soon Meg.
    I have to go - try to do a longer post later - David's bus has just arrived and Marnie is pulling the lounge apart.
    Fun Fun Fun

Wow Kate, Jasmine sure is meant to be!! Im glad she's helped you through such a difficult time. It's great she's enjoyed gymbaroo so much. i did it with Tilly first at 6 months which was too young for her, then at about 3yrs which was great. The second one was after we moved, so was nice way to meet people. We also did a music class and swimming. Poor Coco is going to miss out on all that! Im too lazy. Although my friend is desperate for us to take the bubs swimming (my least fav activity), so I might give it a go. I just heard that chlorine is bad for exczma though, so might have to find out about that first.
    Poor coco woke with a temp at 11.30pm, and then at 4.40am her baby monitor alarm went off. Scared the living daylights out of us. I ran in and shook her (gently) and woke the poor thing up. Think it may have been because she was right up the other end of the cot and the monitor couldn't detect. Might post a thread about it actually. Now I'll never sleep! She has had lots of milk this morn and is crawling around happily so Im hoping she'll be right.
    Im meant to be going to mothers group today, it's a tupperware party! Would love to get out so I hope coco's temp stays away. Her poo was normal today anyway....could it be teeth?? It's so worrying this baby thing!
    Renee Im not even sure I said how sorry I am. But like the others I totally believe in when the time is right and what is meant to be. If timing was in anyway different, we'd all have different bubs, so I beleive it's all meant to be. I look at Tillys dad and have NEVER seen such a bizarre couple as he and I. We should never ever have been a couple, yet we had Tilly, so I know that we had to be together for that reason. It's funny how God works!!
    Im thinking of you Renee, and wishing you all the best for your journey. Marnie's beautiful and Im sure she'll keep you on your toes until the next bub arrives!! Nothing like a bub to keep our mind off things and to keep us busy!!
    Kate, have you started your chrissy shopping?
    Has anyone bought books on the huggies website? My friend told me about it. I got coco two the other day. You get a discount plus free delivery!! Decided she needed some new reading material.
    hope everyone has a great day. xoxoxox

Hello lovely ladies! Hope you're all doing well...Meg, how is Coco feeling?

Mummy brag here....Maddy is now running (seriously! *L*) behind her ride-on trike and pushing it in front of herself.

Oh, and she FINALLY slept through the night! YAYYYYYY....went down with a little cry at 7:30pm last night (fell asleep standing up in her cot) and didn't wake up again until ten to 6 this morning! A few more nights like that and I'm going to feel almost human! (Oh, and she ate a few pieces of chicken tonight too!)

Well done Becka! Marnie loves chicken - should change that to Marnie loves food!
    Thanks Meg - I truly believe this was not the right time for a new baby and God let me know. I hope Coco is feeling better really soon. It's a confusing time when you can't work out what is wrong with our angels.
    I hope it clears up soon. I didn't realise that chlorine is bad for exczame - maybe a salt based pool would be better. Marnie's skin seems to be much better with a salt based pool.
    Have a great sleep ladies. Yay for the sleep through Beck!
    Last day of school tomorrow and then 2 weeks holiday!

Hello Ladies,
    Wow you have all been very busy.
    I have been busy myself with Ben being home from work making a ton of mess around the house, didn’t know having to males in the house would be so bad.
    I have just made a trip to the GP tonight with Jett. I picked him up from daycare and he was in tears. I had been a little worried all week as he had been rubbing his ear on his shoulder and now he has this cough and a really runny nose. He is having his first dose of antibiotics. I hope it clears it up, he is normally so happy but at the moment he is pretty unwell.
    If anyone has any easy recipes that they use please email me. I need ones that I can freeze.
    Renee - I am so sorry to hear of your news. Hear any time you need a chat.
    Meg – I hope Coco doesn’t have gastro, I know when Jett had it he was really sick. I think I went through a box of Huggies.
    I shouldn’t laugh, but I did chuckle when I read the spew out the nose thing.
    Tiggy – I still haven’t had Jett’s hair cut yet, I am waiting on my sister. If she doesn’t hurry up I will be just be going to a hairdresser.
    What were Ivy and Noah in the paper for? Well done Ivy sitting!!!
    Beck – Wow on Maddy cutting her 4th tooth, Jett has just done his first he is way behind the eight ball.
    My boy is way behind, he hasn't shown any sign of crawling at ALL!!!!! He is pulling himself up on things and doing a sidways crab walk down the coffee table and couch.
    Good on Maddy and her sleeping, Jett has been doing so well, he goes down at 7:30pm and gets up about 6:30 - 7ish. He has been waking during the night as he has been coughing but I just wack his dummy in and he goes back to sleep.
    Go with the chicken. I have been giving Jett steamed flake and roast chicken. He hates spaghetti sauce and mince, It smells so yummy I mix it with potato and he still won’t eat it.
    Kate – Well done on Jasmine graduating from her Gymbaroo class. We were going to do that with our Mother’s group but just never got around to it. It sounds great and I’m sure it is.
    I too have been like Beck, curious (ok, nosy! *L*) I'd always wondered about Jasmine's Daddy. Thank you for sharing it with all of us, Jasmine is one special little lady.
    Christie - I hope all is going well with you and the family.
    Betta go I have work at 8am tomorrow and I have had late nights all week.
    Take care all

Good morning ladies! Sorry it has been awhile for me too!

Renee so sorry for you loss. You seem to have a good attitude and you seem so strong! I strongly believe that God is in control in all situations. Just stay strong, girl!

Kate wow you brought me to tears! Jasmine is such a beautiful blessing. Isnt it amazing how you just had to take a HPT that day and it was positive? Wow. Oh and I may have missed something, was Shaun Jasmine's daddy? I didnt get that from your post but it seems from the others posts that may be... I may just be confused. Sorry about nosey me! Anyway, thank you so much for sharing...it is such a wonderful story!

Meg I really hope Coco feels better soon! I hope it isnt gastro!!

Beck wow on Maddy;s 4th tooth and sleeping through the night! YAY!!

Dani I hope Jett feels better soon too! lol at messy men! I hear ya! Don is organized in his own way, but yes, I feel Im always picking up clutter too!

Tiff Yay on my big twinnies! What are they famous for??

Since I dont have platinum, I will just tell you my mood is ANXIOUS and HYPER due to Abby getting her needles today and a tall cup of coffee! lol! Anyway, She is better of her cold, and goes to the doc today. Your bubs are so lucky for not needing 9 month needles! Anyway, tonight I go for a haircut! Did I tell you all I dyed my hair RED? I'll take a pic tomorrow after its cut and post it!

You all have a great sleepy night!

Hi All

I cant believe Im awake. Im sooooooo tired. Ive been off and on all day.

Jasmine is freaking me out, shes growing too fast. When do you consider steps as walking? Should she take like 10 steps and then thats walking? Or should she walk out of a room?

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I think maybe there is a slight misunderstanding though. Shaun is not Jasmines father lol. He was my best friend for 10 years, but we were never romantically involved. I loved him dearly but not that way. More brother/sister type.

Jasmines Dad is Michael. Long story there but as of late June? maybe July this year we reconciled. He moved back in and its been a bit rough adjusting, but Im trying *lol* and were going ok now. Its hard to rid your life of someone, plan to live a certain way and then have to change it all again. We'll just see what happens. But yeah its ok. He will do anything to make it work out, and I let him.

Its so weird because I just expect you guys to know! Youre all such a part of my daily life I just assume you know every aspect. Funny!

Omg im sooooo tired. I will be back 2moro to catch up more and fill you in more!

Just thought I should clear that up about Shaun.

xoxoxox

Oh, thanks for clearing that up Kate! Michael sounds familiar, maybe you have mentioned him before! Jasmine is taking 10 steps? Wow! I would call that walking!! Yay we have our first walker!!! Love the ticker pic btw! She is such a QT!!

Kate, walking is one step!! If it's unassisted, it's walking! YEY Jasmine!!!!!!!!!
    Wow on Michael moving back in, I hope it works out for you!! Maybe we should keep an eye on you announcing another pregnancy!!!!!!!!!!! hee hee. (sorry bit cheeky).
    Speaking of which, Christie, How are you doing??? And Rach, how are you??? I still need to see Hannah's pics but forgot how to get to them??
    Beck YEY on Maddy's sleep!! We were on a great roll, but she woke 3 times last night (only till dummy in) and I am sure it's tooth number 5. It seems that for each tooth she gets restless at night. Her tummy seems ok, she's eaten and hasn't spewed since the nose thing., One runny poo and thats been it. Maybe it is the teeth, or all the dust around our unit, might've upset her.
    We are disconnecting today (tim has some gadget that has allowed me on here), but if it dies, I'll be back on sometime on the weekend I hope. We move at 11am tomorrow, oh my goodness!!
    Sarajo, looking forward to seeing your hair!! Poor Abby and her needles. Ours are coming up in two months (coco is 10 months on sunday, where has time gone). They're never fun. What were the 9 month ones for ??
    Renee, enjoy school hols. Tilly is off for two weeks from today, hope I can occupy her. Maybe the new house with all holly's toys will be enough!! IM so excited to have there house to ourselves for 5 nights, that will be like a holiday for us!!! YIPEE!!
    xoxoxox

Hi All

WOW it is so much quieter in here isnt it? Ive only noticed because Ive been checking more often but geez this time last year it was hard to keep up! Pmsl!

Wellllllll I guess that means Jasmine is walking :eek: . WTF is up with that LOL! There is no way she could walk from the kitchen to the living room without falling over, but she can walk from one side of the mat to the other, slowly and very wobbly though. I would say by the next few weeks she should have it. She looks too little though. It doesnt look right. I prefer to say she is just standing. My baby cant be walking already, Im not ready!!! I think Im in a bit of denial!

Meg good luck with the move. Moving is my most hated thing to do. But YAY for the 5 night break on your own. That will be a nice period to get settled too. I hope you can still get on BB or I will be smsing you like crazy! PMSL @ me announcing the next pregnancy. You know if I knew anything about TTC I would tell you Im hoping to start trying in December, but I have no idea how it works. I know I sound stupid but until I got pregnant I had no idea you had certain days which worked better! I thought it might be fun to work out when Im most likely to conceive and all that and I went to the TTC forums and looked at all the information and I was so lost! I wish I could find out about it in a nutshell, but temps, ovulation....etc etc I got no idea. In all honesty, if M & I dont work out, then I know I can handle it. The hardest part where I was completely clueless is over and I did all that by myself! Its hard now though because I made all the parenting choices on my own, and planned the way I want to raise Jasmine, now I have to factor in someone else, who doesnt understand gentle parenting...... oh drama drama every day lol We'll see how we go. I'll just leave it at that!

Sarajo I hope Abby went well with her needles. We dont have needles here inbetween 6-12 months so all our next ones are in December, what are these ones for? Im dreading Jasmines 12 months ones! She is such a wiggly bum. I cant even change her nappy without copping a few kicks to the chest and then struggling to keep her on her back. I cant imagine trying to get her to sit still for needles lol!
    Thankyou also about your kind words. I always think about how I just thought I should do a HPT. It was so weird. I was making food at a friends house to take to the funeral and I mentioned it to her and she just ran out of the house and came back with one. So her, her mother and myself all sat around and watched it go positive. I let Michael know via sms! LOLOLOL! It was just all so surreal, the whole being pregnant, Shaun passing. I just cant say it was co-incidence. There was definite forces working there. I do feel very blessed with Jasmine, she is just a miracle.

Dani How is Jett? Did they say what it was that was wrong? An ear infection? Poor little boy! How is work? You know I credit Gymbaroo with alot of Jasmines development. She was sitting unassisted very early, and hated tummy time so they thought she might not crawl, and just go straight to walking so they showed me things to do with Jasmine to encourage crawling. If she went straight to walking they would teach her to crawl later as its important for their brains or something?? I would definitely not say Jett is behind. All babies are different. I think the wheelbarrow one was what made Jasmine crawl. (Kneel down, and put one arm underneath babies waist, while baby is on its tummy. Slowly lift baby so legs are in the air, but hands are on the ground. Then gently move them forwards to encourage the hand co-ordination) You know like wheelbarrows that we used to do. Only not holding baby by the ankles like kids do LOL! HTH

Beck YAY for Maddy running pushing her ride on! Sounds like she is coming in leaps and bounds! Sleeping through the night. Is this her first time? I hope it has been a routine for you since you posted so that means you would be feeling human again with a few nights sleep! Excellent on the chicken! Jasmine has taken to eating whatever Mummy eats. If Im eating, I can guarantee she is climbing up my legs to get my food. She will seriously eat anything now. Except pureed baby food. PMSL!

Tiggy, Melly, Christie, Rach, Renee and Sami I hope you are all well and your babies are too! I hope to hear from you all soon.

I forget who asked about the Huggies book club, but yep we get them here, I just got 3 more today, but Im not overly impressed with my selection, so Im ordering some more. The I love you baby from head to toe is cute, but very short and small. The other two are blah, Touch and Feel ABC and my first hundred words. Very blah.

Ok Im off. Have a great Friday night everyone!! Im looking forward to staying home after last weekend. Im just too old to go out!

xoxo

Just a quick one - you make me laugh Kate. That post about TTC is funny as I too had no idea and was completely lost (it actually took me a while to realise what TTC stood for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Too funny.
    Gotta go - Dave and I are going out with two couples who went to the Cook Islands with us when we got married - actually should change that to 3 of them went with us and one has been replaced! We are going out for a belated birthday dinner/drinks for me. Only 20 days late but it makes my birthday longer so I'll drink to that!!!!
    Hope you all have a great weekend and the sick babies are better soon.
    Dani - i just mash what Dave and I eat now so probably no help in that area!! Marnie eats anything & everything!

So Kate and Renee what kinds of food are the bubs eating? I am so conscious about salt etc ,so the only thing I've done for her that we have is spaghetti (she has the mince with organic tinned tomato, no sauce) with vegies and a tuna risotto (with salt reduced stock.)> im prob worrying too much! thing is we usually eat meat and salad for dinner, so Im not going to give coco the salad (covered in dressing). I just make a huge batch of veg and give her that with meat. Sometimes with chicken if we're having it.
    Ive' also bought a new cereal, it's the organic oats and sultana, it comes in a box and I just add water and fruit. She loves it. I won't give weet bix because of salt and sugar.
    Anwyay, hope everyone has a great weekend. Kate it will be my mission to get on a computer!! Hopefully we can set ours up tomorrow!! Im dreading the move, but it's exciting too. Tilly and I are sad to be moving, we're both sentimental!!
    have a good sleep everyone (coco now takes ages to get to sleep. Honestly it's a nightmare. Poor child still has runny poo, so maybe not feeling the best. think the teeth are hurting too.) xoxoxox

Yayy...last night I had a second night of full sleep from Miss Madeline, and she's gone down without a fuss at 8pm tonight. Hopefully she'll sleep all night again so I'll feel alive when I head off to the gym in the morning.

Oh, and I put aside some asian soy chicken (without the honey! *L*) for Maddy and she gobbled it up tonight. I just tore little bits off the breast pieces and she cried when her share was all gone! *L*

Meg, good luck with the moving...will be looking forward to hearing from you how the move has gone. Hope it all runs smoothly and you don't have any problems with the in-laws. You are so inspirational with the healthy food - you are giving Coco such a fabulous start with such good organic food. I won't mention the cinnamon donut Maddy wanted some of! *L*

Kate - thanks for clearing that up about Jasmine's Daddy, it certainly doesn't make her any less of a miracle or blessing! You should be so proud of the parenting choices you've made as a single parent up until now. Jasmine is such a credit to you and WOW on the walking!

Renee - YAY on Marnie being such a good little feeder. I wish Maddy would eat everything & anything! How are you guys doing? I'm sorry that you've had such a rough trot lately, hope things get better for you soon and that your family is blessed with another little bubby very soon!

Sarajo - How is little Abby doing? Any new photos? Oooh, can't wait to see photos of your red hair. Mine is red too at the moment, just with blonde foils. Need to get it redone for some upcoming weddings though. How are you all feeling at the moment? I know you've all been sick lately. Hope the needles for Abby went smoothly! {{{hugs}}}

Dani - You are such an amazing woman! How you manage to be such a wonderful Mummy & work, I have NO idea. Sorry to hear that little Jett has been ill; must have given you a real scare. How is he feeling today?

tiggy Guest

Hi Guys,

Well, we've all had a big day out having a picnic lunch for my birthday! It was really nice spending time with all the kids and Dave and my Mum.

Dani, Kate and Sara, Ivy and Noah have been going to the chiro since they were four months old and the local newspaper was doing an article on colic and the chiro. Ivy and Noah were picked to be the babies that went along with the article! It was kind of cool seeing them in print!
    Dani, Noah's hair looks really cute but the haircut makes him look all grown up too. It's weird. I hope Jett is feeling better soon.
    Sara, I hope Abby's needles went ok.
    Kate, you are so funny, girl. The ttc by accident sound so foreign to me, who has charted and timed for over ten years!!!
    Excellent news that Jasmine is walking. What a clever little chook.
    Meg, hope the move goes well, will be thinking of you. Like Kate, I hate moving most in this world.
    Bec, Yay for little Maddy! She sounds like she is going in leaps and bounds too! Good to hear that she is sleeping through the night.
    Melly, how are you going?
    Renee, how are you today?

Well, I have just done dinner with the in laws and I thought I would just check in before I toddle off to bed. I gave Ivy and Noah meat for the first time last night and they were both up until 3:30am with tummy aches. I guess they're just not ready for that leap yet.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast