Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #17

tiggy Guest

Hey Meg,
    I'm good today. Ivy is in better spirits this afternoon - a real sanity saver, how about you?

Hey ladies! We've been sick... yay....good old 'change of season' colds for Maddy & I. *LOL* We've infected MIL & DH as well so always good if you can share the love around! hehe

New photos of Maddy at the yahoo photos site....there is also one there of Drew as well. Tried to get one of Leanne as well but she didn't want me getting happy-snappy of her! *L*

Hi ladies! Beck the new pics are darling! Drew is a cutie! I love Maddy! I bet the modeling agency would kick themselves now for not snatching her up right away! She is so beautiful!

Don and I went camping all weekend and monday! We had fun, but I think Abby might be getting a cold now. That and I have a TERRIBLE case of mastitis. I went to the doc yesterday and got antibiotics and she suggested to use my reserve of milk in the freezer but after the infection is gone, to stop bfing all together. She said with my reserve bringing Abby to 11 months or so, just start her on cows milk after that. I dont know why I am sad about it. I feel like crap and I think that has something to do with it.

Woops, Haley is here already! I'll have to do personals later.

Quick question though...how do I stop pumping/bfing without getting engorged????

Awwww {{{{{{SARAJO}}}}} I'm so sorry about the mastitis hon, I wish I knew what to advise you of. I think if you check out the breastfeeding threads you might find something there...if not, start up a thread and I'm sure one or more of the lovely ladies can help you out with some advice.

Glad you like the photos....we have THE cutest babies in this thread! hehe I know that's all braggy Mummy, but I dont care. I don't think that photo of Drew does him justice at all...he is going to be such a heart breaker when he's older. Leanne and I want to get together regularly for play dates so hopefully I can get some more photos for you guys soon.

Gorgeous pics Beck!!! I think Drew looks so cute. Maddy is divine as always!!
    Sarajo, sorry about your mastitis, that SUX, especially this far along. It's perfectly normal to feel very upset about stopping breastfeeding, I was quite depressed. However Im sure you'll find if you go to the bf thread, that you don't have to give up.
    If however you decide to, it's best to just drop a feed continually until you're down to one or none. Maybe a few days for each feed. I have finished now (coco's choice, really upsetting) and I gradually got down to one feed and then none. I don't think though, that you'll have to give up, there must be ways around it. If you find the trigger for mastitis, you could try to avoid that.
    Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. coco is growing heaps and I must add some piccies. might try to do that now. just can't believe she'll be one in just over a month!! She is still tiny and so therefore still my baby!! She doesn't stand on her own yet (did it once) and has no idea how to put one foot in front of the other, very cute!! But still, gets into EVERYTHING! She talks...says g'day, hello, Titi (for tilly) and the usual mumma's etc.
    have a great day everyone, im catching up with two old school friends, both whom are pregnant!
    have added two pics, must take some more, I had no recent pics xo
    Kate, WHERE ARE YOU??????
    xoxoxoox
    Last edited by Mumma2three; October 26th, 2006 at 06:58 AM.

Awe I love the new pics of Coco too! how darling! Wow she has a lot of teeth compared to Abby! Too cute! I know I could go on and try to bf more, but she is so close to one and that is when I was going to stop anyhow. I dont know why I am upset and emotional about it because I have been expressing this whole time...its not like she was actually breastfeeding! Oh lol how Coco sayd g'day! hehe. So far with Abby it is just mama, dada, and oh oh! She started talking so early, and now she just kinda stopped learning new words! Oh oh is a pretty new one though. Coco will stand and everything soon enough! Abby stands but no steps on her own yet! Just while holding onto walking toys!

Thanks Beck! I agree that our thread has the absolutely cutest babies ever! lol! How nice that Drew and Maddy will be playmate! Tell Leanne we miss her here!!

I just read through some recent posts that I missed...how are all the babies that were under the weather? I hope allll better!

Jillian so nice to hear from you! I want to see pics of your beautiful girl too!

Renee glad you had a good time!! I'm so happy that Marnie was good while you were away!

Well, I gotta go...my house is such a mess...the camping gear hasn't even been put away yet~! The mastitis is a bit better today but still hurts and I still feel like I have the flu!

You all have a great night!!

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has heard from Kate? it's been ages since she's been on?
    HOpe everyone is well, gotta run and get a shower in before coco wakes xoxo

Nope, sorry Meg....haven't heard from Kate. Thinking I might SMS her but not sure if I have her right mobile number?

I've corrected the link in my log-in name to take you to my family blog instead of Maddy's out-of-date website. From there, a link should be present to view Maddy's photo page on yahoo photos.

Hi Guys

Sorry to make you worry Meg!

Im here. We went to Batemans Bay on the weekend but ended up staying 5 days! We were only supposed to stay 2!

I should be free in the next couple of hours and I will be back on then. I have sooooooooooooooooooo much to catch up on. I have emails coming out of my ears!!

P.S Definitely no BFP..... AF arrived!

Yey Kate, glad all is well!!
    Well guys, we FINALLY sold our unit! SEttlement was today, so we are officially homeless!! I am REALLY angry at TIm, tell me if Im overreacting. I am having a pretty tough time lately with coco, just in that she's really really whingy and clingy. I then make dinner quite a few nights, for an extra three people, not to mention getting the older girls (tilly and holly) bathed and fed. Of course I have help alot, but I am in charge of coco so on top of all that I have coco to deal with. Tim is late mon, tues and thurs nights so I LOVE when he's home to help. But now we live further from his work he is never here for coco's baths, the time I find hardest. ANyway, today we sold so what does Tim do...go to the pub for a couple of beers. He got home at about 7.45pm. Im just so upset as I am totally and utterly exhausted, and would've thought maybe tim would come home to help (I did ring him today to say how exhausted I was and could he hurry home). I also thought maybe he'd want to celebrate or at least have half an hour over dinner where we could talk and be excited about selling. Not going to happen, he's come home way after dinner is cold, Im going to bed now and am not talking to him.
    Im probably just an overtired mother, and maybe he doesn't want to just come home and help out, but it's what I do all day every day, I get no choice.
    sorry for the whinge. Im off to bed. Anyone else's bub particularly clingy and sooky? coco now hates car, highchair (feeding has turned from great to difficult) pram etc etc. I am a walking time bomb at the moment, running on empty!!
    hope everyone sleeps well xoxoxo

Hello Ladies,
    OMG, I have been so slack with the posts!!!
    I have had such a full on week, with a child in hospital to working 7 am shifts. I have the 7am shift thing to look forward to all next week; I have no idea how I am going to handle that.
    No drama with Jett and the hospital he just had a temp of 38.9. Not to sure why it was he did get bitten by a donkey at the Geelong show (can you believe it, the only animal he would go near in the petting zoo and it bit him).
    I am pretty sore today as I started at Curves yesterday. I really like that fact that you are done in 35 minutes and you have had a full workout. We will see how often I get a chance to go!!! I hope it isn’t a waste of money as I am contracted for 12 months.
    Just a question does anyone have any ideas of how to stop a cat from going back to its old home? We have our cat that we thought we had lost, turns out it went back to our old place and it has been there for 3 months. We brought it back and had it inside for a week and a bit and it went back to the old place again this has happened twice now. I have no idea how to stop this?? Any help would be great.
    Tiggy – I am so sorry that I have been missing chatting to you when you are online. I have been so so busy this week for some reason?
    Sarajo - I loved the camping photos. Just on question, was that a real alligator with Abby (The massive big one?). God, you look get, your hair looks fantastic. I dyed mine the other day but it is still just a big fuzz ball. I really need to straighten it for it to look any good at all.
    I am sorry to hear about the mastitis. Don’t be down on yourself; you have done a fantastic job!!!
    I have no idea about the engorged thing as I stopped feeding when Jett was three weeks old.
    Meg – Congratulations on selling the unit, I hope that this is a load off your mind.
    “I am having a pretty tough time lately with coco, just in that she's really whingy and clingy”
    I am so glad that I have read this as I am going mad over here. Jett won’t sleep, won’t play with his toys and won’t do anything unless it involves someone holding him or playing with him. I am going batty of a night trying to get him to sleep.
    My goodness Meg, I have the same child here, hates everything.. I am so glad that you posted this it has put my mind at ease, Jett is doing all the same things as Coco.
    Meg you have every right to feel that way that you do, if that was Ben I would have done the same thing.
    Just checked out Coco’s photos, bless her.
    Kate – glad to hear that you are still around.

Anyway I am off to pick Jett up from my mum’s as I had all of my girlfriends over last night and we had a sing star party, Very funny after a couple of wines… I am suffering a massive headache today after switching from wine to vodka half way through the night, opps.

Sarajo, VERY cute photos of Abby, she's so photogenic!
    Dani, good to hear from you, glad Jett is alright. You are just SO busy, I do not know how you do it!
    I think alot of bubs are at the fussing, clingy stage etc....its such a nightmare! Last night I slept in tillys room (i had top bunk...not comfy) and tim had coco. She woke a few times he said (I had given her neurofen before bed as her cheeks were sooo red). Anyway, hoping we return to normal sleeping soon.
    Daylight savings has begun...coco slept until 7am!!! cheating I guess, hopefully she keeps it up though!!
    hope everyone has a good day , I'd better run and start getting breakfasts organised!
    xoxoxo

Hi guys....sorry, we're sick family central too. I'm fine, just a sniffly nose which is almost gone but now John's come down with the achy flu symptoms and Maddy is pretty sick. John had one of his best friends' weddings last night - we only went for a little while. I almost had a heart attack when I took her temperature at 9pm at it was 40.0. Thank god for having a doctor & a nurse in the house.

She's had moderate - high temps for three days...we nearly took her to hospital this morning as it was still over 39.0. Poor little thing, we've just gotten her a script for antibiotics & a higher dose of panadol as she has inflamed ears & throat. I want to cry everytime I look at her as she is so lethargic...trying to fight the viral infection she's got is taking it out of her.

Hope you're all doing well...so sorry to hear other babies are sick. I have so much respect for you Tiff, I don't know how you've managed to survive having the twins so sick in the past. I'm a wreck and Maddy's only had a flu with fever.

Beck, I don't think it matters if you just have one sick child, it is hard, sad and exhausting. I hope Maddy improves quickly, poor thing. I hope you're ok too and get some rest. It is so awful seeing your baby/children sick, it's heartbreaking.
    Wishing get well vibes to all sickies. xooxox

Aww, so sorry all your darlings are sick
    Meg, Logan has also been clingy, but that is pretty usual for him it seems. It's been going on for months and it's driving me crazy some days.
    Logan & I are in Mudgee for his cousin Rubys 1st birthday, which was today. I think all the people overwhelmed Logan a bit. He seemed to enjoy playing with Ruby, but she was a little bit of a bully LOL. She kept pulling his hat off, but because he has so much hair, she was actually pulling his hair too and once she pulled him to the ground by his hair, so he was not a happy boy, she also kept pinching his dummy and either sucking on it or at one point she shoved it in the sandpit! He kept getting upset when he saw his Grandpa, Michaels Dad, David. Logan isn't accustomed to seeing a lot of men, especially not men with beards so everytime David picked up Logan, he'd cry. At one point David was trying to distract Logan (I was trying to get some lunch) by holding him by the hands and letting him walk around, then he picked Logan off the ground with his hands and a few minutes later had him over his shoulder upsidedown, so his feet were in the air :eek: It was all I could do not to tell him off. Yeah I'm an overprotective Mumma.

Mel, I understand your feelings, but if it makes you feel any better, it's actually good for them to be upside down, swung around etc. Something about brain and balance development etc!! Saying that, tilly tried it with coco and I nearly DIED!! I also cringe when my brother does it to coco or tilly, it scares me to death, so I totally understand and you're not overprotective!
    gotta run, we had a SHOCKING night. My; perfect sleeper woke at least 30 times. Not happy jan. Gotta go to schhool now xoxoox

*sigh* What is it about babies that like to freak you out? After three days of high temps, Maddy finally appeared to kick the fever last night, and she was fine (just tired) when we got up this morning. Got back from dropping John at the train station and was just popping her on the booby for a snack when I noticed her chest, neck, face & back were covered in a rash. FREAK OUT!!! *clutches at chest*

Anyway, after a phone call to FIL I explained the rash (after checking with MIL that she hadn't washed Maddy's dress in 'normal' washing powder) and he told me it was common for babies to come out in a rash after they've had high fevers. Said it'll probably get worse but as long as she's happy, then Maddy should be fine. He told me we can stop the Amoxil now too which I'm happy about - not too keen on having a baby of 10 months on antibiotics if I can help it.

How are all of you lovely ladies this morning? Did you have a good weekend?

Beck, that would've been very scary. I do know that roseola virus is high temps for up to 5 days and then temp goes, rash appears. Not fun! Hope now Maddy improves quickly.
    Long exhausting day here, just the usual things, cooking, cleaning etc, but it takes its toll, especially after crappy night.
    Hope everyone is doing well. Sarajo, love the new pics of Abby, she's a doll. You're soooo brave going camping, how did she sleep? Were there people around? xoxo

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast