Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #17

Me again, just letting you know there's a secret santa in the general thread for all members of bb (above kidlet I think) and Ive just put coco's name down. thought you guys might be interested, think you have to have name in by tomorrow xoox

Quote Originally Posted by webbmeg View Post
    Beck, that would've been very scary. I do know that roseola virus is high temps for up to 5 days and then temp goes, rash appears. Not fun! Hope now Maddy improves quickly.
    Long exhausting day here, just the usual things, cooking, cleaning etc, but it takes its toll, especially after crappy night.
    Hope everyone is doing well. Sarajo, love the new pics of Abby, she's a doll. You're soooo brave going camping, how did she sleep? Were there people around? xoxo
    Meg, you got it in one. It is the roseola virus that Maddy had/has. FIL finished up work early today so my lovely parents-in-law drove back home today to see how Maddy was doing - they're going to leave in the morning to go straight to the ferry for work.

She's still super lethargic but at least she's been smiling and chattering away today - hope she doesn't get that sick again.

{{{{hugs Meg}}}} Sounds like it's pretty rough there at the moment, truly hope you can find a house in your price range that has everything you all need VERY soon.

tiggy Guest

Beck,

I'm so sorry that Maddy has been so unwell. It's so stressful when your little baby is sick.
    I am really glad to read that she is finally getting better.
    Meg is right, one child or five kids, you still feel totally stressed out and helpless. I really feel for you, hun. Hoping Maddy gets better with each day. Hugs,

I hope all the sick babies are feeling better. This has been the first chance I have had to catch up for over a week. We went to the in-laws for a 3 night visit. When we returned home Marnie's top teeth started to come through so we have had temperatures and extremely red cheeks. One has finally popped through and now we are waiting on the other. SHe is also so clingy so I can understand where you girls are coming from. I am working all week this week and am already looking forward to Friday! I haven't worked a full week since going on maternity leave at 37weeks. It will be great money wise but I'll miss my baby. David has her for 3 days and my mum for 2 so I know she will be well looked after.
    Sorry no personals - it's time for bed.

THANK GOODNESS Coco slept through! I was beginning to go crazy!! THink her top tooth must be through, it's so hard to see she doesn't let me look!!
    Beck, hope maddy is well this morn. Tiggy hope your little ones are doing well!
    Renee, welcome back! Hope you had a good time at the inlaws!
    I really should go and start on school lunch, breakfasts etc, its a bit more of a rush in the mornings now with clock changing.
    Hope everyone has a great day. Im off to meet the principal of the local school where tilly will be going next year oxxo

Hey all! It has been a couple days!

Awe, poor Maddy! I hope she gets better soon!

Coco slept through for you Meg! Wonderful!

Renee yay on Marnies top teeth! No sign of em from Abby still!

Tiggy how are the twins? All better?

Dani how scare with Jett and the temp and the hospital and everything! I hope he is better now! There are alligators in the park, but not in the camping area, and we didnt actually take that pic...it is a pic of a pic Don took just to fool people! lol!

Camping was fun...I know it was a week ago and all, but, yes, Abby did great! She slept throught he night and everything! We brought her pack and play so she had a little crib in the tent. It worked! The only thing that was bad was the mosquitos. We tried to protect her but she still ended up all bit up! Oh well. My mastitis is getting better finally, but now that I am stopping bfing my boobs are killing me. I am down to pumping just 2 x's a day, adn I thought I would try to go just once today but I just dont think I can do it!

Secret Santa! Fun! I dont think it would be fair for me to join since whoever got Abby would have to ship to the US! Oh well!

Kate how are you? Sounds like you had a little holiday! how nice!

Halloween is tomorrow...anyone dressing up? Any of your bubs dressing up? Abby HATES her bumblebee costume so she might just be something else. I'll try it once tomorrow night, but I tried it on her last night and she sobbed!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!

*^$# I think I am sick . I have felt fluish the past day or so and now my glands and throat are hurting.

Wow it is quiet in here! Everyone is busy with their bubs! Speaking of, I have an idea for Abby's birthday theme:
    CUPCAKES! I'll make the invites a cupcake saying how our little cupcake is turning one, then I will have cupcakes instead of cake and I just bought a mold of a big cupcake I can make Abby's splat cake with! I bought some mylar cupcake balloons on ebay yesterday too! Im getting excited!

Here's a tip for all you having parties for your babies: Start singing "Happy birthday" to the babies now so that when everyone sings at the party they dont get scared! Abby LOVES the song and laughs at me everytime I sing it to her!

For trick or treat I am borrowing a butterfly costume for Abby from my neighbor. The bee just wasnt working, although was very cute to see a sobbing bumblebee I must admit! Anyway, we'll dress her up in a couple hours here and I'll be sure to (you'll never guess!) TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES! lol! Anyway, I hope everyone is well! Have a great day!!

tiggy Guest

Hi girls!

Sara, can't wait to see photos of your little butterfly! Love the cupcake idea.
    Sounds like your mastitis is in need of antibiotics. Hope you feel better soon.

I have had very sick babies here and I'm not sure it's over yet. Sorry, if I'm not on much atm. I'm reading and thinking of you all.

Awe Tiff, they are still sick? Poor little chickens! I hope they feel better soon! I have been on antibiotics for 7 days now for the mastitis. Weird, aye? Oh well!

tiggy Guest

Hey Sara,
    Yep still very unwell. It sucks big time. I am dead on my feet! LOL
    Anyway, perhaps you need a change of antibugs? When I had it, one antibiotic didn't kick it , so they put me on another, stronger and all my symptoms were gone in 48 hours...just a thought.

Tiggy, poor you. Is it because all the older siblings bring home illnesses? I have found coco gets sooo much more sick than tilly everdid. Anyway, Im thinking of you adn the twins and hope they're better really soon.
    Sarajo, CAn't WAIT to see the pics of Abby, sounds just gorgeous! i hope you feel better soon. I feel a bit fluey too and am dosing up on as much vitamin c, garlic etc as possible hoping it doesn't develop. Could'nt stand being sick.
    Hope everyone else is doing well.
    xoxo

PS Coco is 11 MONTHS old today!!! oxoxox

HAPPY 11 month birthday Coco! You're almost a whole year old! How's everything going at the PILs house Meg? So glad your old place finally settled though.

Sarajo, hope your mastitis clears up soon...I'm almost scared to stop breastfeeding in case I get a dose of it! How is little Abby going....loved the camping photos, she looked so snug and warm. Oooh, I truly hope that little Abby has fun at Halloween - can't wait to see the photos!

Tiff - you poor hon! {{{{BIG HUGS}}}} I really hope your little ones get well soon...girls, I think we need to get together and buy Tiff a voucher to a beauty spa so she can be pampered once her bubbas are well! *L* Wish I lived closer so I could come round and bring you dinner or something to make everything a little easier.

Well Miss Madeline is almost better. She has that rash (roseola one) but it's getting steadily better. We went to the 'babes in arms' session of 'Boytown' today at the cinema and she fed & slept the whole way through it. She's in fine form this afternoon because of the nap, chattering away and basically trashing the lounge room! hehe

tiggy Guest

Hey Beck,
    Good to hear that Maddy is getting better.
    We finally got to talk to the paed today and have a new course of action. I think Noah is on the up and up. His wheezing has stopped. If I could get Ivy well, we'd be fine.

Hi All

HUGE HUGS to all the sick bubs and their mummy's! I hope all of your little ones get better soon! Jasmine has been pretty lucky in the sick department, however today we had swimming lessons and she refuses to close her mouth when she goes underwater, so she swallowed like half the pool, so were bound to be sick very soon! *cry*

I was chatting to a friend of mine about Jasmines first birthday party, and now Im unsure about it! She said this would be the time for people to say "Hey we wont see you before Xmas, so here is both presents, or one big one" and thats when it will all start. Im not fussed on presents, Jasmine has more than enough for 5 babies, let alone one.... but I dont want people to think her birthday isnt important enough to separate from Xmas? KWIM? Im trying to think of a way to combat it. Nicely. Perhaps on the invite? I dont know. I know for sure I will be HUGELY ****ed off at the person who does it. Or people. So best if I nip it in the bud right off!

Oh I put a few new photos up of Jasmine too. I wanted to upload heaps of videos, but it has a limit! (They didnt tell me that when I signed up and paid for the bloody thing) So I will upload new ones next week or something! But there is a few of her at the beach, and that! Ohhhhh and did I tell you that her hair is curling? It wont sit flat anymore, and since I dont have to put oil on her scalp ( I did that for months to make sure no cradle cap) its soo unmanagable!

Talk about clingy babies.... its cling central here. Im just a bit overwhelmed with it all right now. Jasmine wont go in the car without a fight, wont stay in the pram without a tantrum and omg if she wakes and she is in her cot, all hell breaks loose. Ive taken to putting her in our bed, but its not working and it has to stop tonight. I just cant sleep with her in there, neither can Michael. She sleeps right through like normal, but she does 360's and usually ends up sleeping on/right next to my face. I understand she needs the comfort (new teeth) but I just cant survive on 2 hours sleep and having my legs cramp up and my back ache! We have a King Bed too, so you can imagine how much of a bed hog Miss Jasmine is!

Dont know how I can say this after my last post, but we went to a make-up class for Gymbaroo that we missed out on, and it was the newborn little babies class. Omg I was sooooo clucky checking them all out. Jasmine was loving it. Im thinking maybe we might really start TTC. Now if only I could understand how to TTC everything would be cool LOL! I went to fertility friend, and got lost in about 2 minutes. So overwhelming! Temperatures, Mucous (yuck) all too much for me. Maybe I should see my OBGYN, or just DTD lots and lots LOL I dont know!!

OK I must go bath Jasmine and get her ready for bed. Swimming wore her out. Me too! Feel like Ive had a total work out

Sorry no personals. Ive typed way too much already. Am hoping to catch up very soon.

Hugs to you all and all your babies!
    xoxox

Yep Kate - Fertility Friend confuses me so much. I will definitely need to stop breastfeeding as Dave and I have been TTC for at least 3 months (sorry if this is not a long time for anyone else!) but we fell straight away as soon as I went off the pill before and I have been off the pill since I was 6 months post Marnie's birth. I get very confused in the threads about TTC.
    Anyway change the subject!
    I also agree about birthdays and christmas - they are two separate events! I don't think there would be a nice way to let people who give the same present for both, know that you don't like it.
    Sarajo the cupcake Idea is so cute - I hadn't even thought of singing Happy B'day - great idea
    Gotta go - dinner is ready!
    I am back!
    Way to go on Coco sleeping throught Meg. Marnie was doing this for a while but the last 2 nights has decided to wake up through the night. She only needs a little cuddle and goes back to sleep - but it is a nightmare for me as now I am used to sleeping through too!
    Now I can hear her cry and she has only been asleep for 30 minutes! And wouldn't you know it Dave's in the shed!
    Last edited by Renee Elizabeth; November 1st, 2006 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Finished dinner!

Abby's birthday is Dec 22 and I am having her party Dec 3rd so that it is far from Christmas! We are going to have to deal with this their whole lives!!! I was hoping she would be born a little early so that she would have a birthday far from Christmas and she came late! Oh well!

TTC! How exciting! You guys figure the whole fertility griend thing out so you can explain it to me when we start trying next summer! lol!

OMG Kate those pics of Jasmine....gorgeous!! Looks like you ahd a great time at the beach! What a great shot of her in the air! lol!

Tiff glad Noah is starting to feel better! I hope Ivy follows!

Meg Hows packing going?

Beck so glad to hear that Maddys feeling better!!

Will download pics from last night later today!

Sorry Kate, totally forgotten the password, I've tried everything!! How exciting about TTC!! My theory is to DTD every second day for the month!! (Well we did it for about 10 days and it worked)! Then if it is taking more than a few months, you can start to chart. I just think for the first go, it's too much pressure to start charting, and you're already causing stress and things may not happen so fast.
    Sarajo, Abby looked gorgeous as a butterfly! SO cute. Tilly would LOVE to come to the US for Halloween. She wanted to trick or treat this year but MIL doesn't believe in it, so Holly couldn't come and Tilly didn't want to go with just me. I said next year she'll have new friends in the area and we'll go with them!
    Sarajo, no packing yet, we are staying here until we buy. Have found a house, but the bargaining process is taking a while, very nervewracking!
    Gotta run, have to get everyone out of the house for school and work, there's not much time in the mornings anymore!!
    have a good day everyone, we're off to mothers group today.
    Also, Kate I think having an early bday would be a good idea. Maybe the weekend before or something? Youcould even write on teh invite it's early so as not to confuse it with christmas!!
    xoxoxo

Thanks Meg! Tilly would have a blast here for Trick or treat! Next year she can go with friends AND Coco!

Oh and Jasmines password is bb. It says it on the link!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast