Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #18

cheeky_monkey Guest

Hi guys
    im new here well i went to join and it said i allready was i forgot oh well
    I have a daughter Gemma she was born on the 12th december 2005.
    weight - 8p 2o length - 52cm HC was 34cm.

Gem is sleeping from 7:30pm till anywere from 8am it took us a while to get her to sleep all night annd unwrapped and she has been complety unwrapped for a week now and sleeping through about 7 weeks and im loving it
    No walking yet she is crawling, Gemma walks all day holding on to the walker or the furniture but not by herslef yet.
    She says Mum,Dad,bub, whats that nana and pop were trying to teach her Santa atm she said it once but not again.

Hope you dont mind me joiing in here.

Bec

Hello Ladies,
    Well good news, I found all of my photo’s of Jett that I had thought had been lost for good, Yeah!!
    It has been so hot here today; we go from hailstones and 9 degrees one day to 35+. The weather down here in Victoria has no idea what it wants to do. We are about to go onto stage 4 restrictions, which means my Veggie patch is destine to die. Oh well it was only a hobby.
    Yael – no good to hear about DS. Jett has had ear infections of late, touchwood that is all over and done now. He seemed to be getting one every second week.
    Wow baby sign language class sounds great; you will have to let me know what it is all about.
    Did I tell you I checked out your photos? I was having trouble trying to work out what was happening in them. I am very uncultured… I would love to see a recent one of S
    Hello Ladies,
    Well good news, I found all of my photo’s of Jett that I had thought had been lost for good, Yeah!!
    It has been so hot here today; we go from hailstones and 9 degrees one day to 35+. The weather down here in Victoria has no idea what it wants to do. We are about to go onto stage 4 restrictions, which means my Veggie patch is destine to die. Oh well it was only a hobby.
    Bec - Welcome, I hope you enjoy it here. It is getting bigger and bigger everytime I log in, which is great.
    Let me just say I had Gemma picked as one of my girls names so I love her name.
    Sounds like Gemma is doing a great job with the sleeping. Jett goes down at about 7pm each night and gets up at about 6ish has a bottle and goes back down till 7:30. Not to sure why he does this but it gives me an extra hour and a bit.
    Jett is doing this dragging thing, but at least he is getting around.
    Yael – no good to hear about DS. Jett has had ear infections of late, touchwood that is all over and done now. He seemed to be getting one every second week.
    Wow baby sign language class sounds great; you will have to let me know what it is all about.
    Did I tell you I checked out your photos? I was having trouble trying to work out what was happening in them. I am very uncultured… I would love to see a recent one of DS.
    Missy – HAPPY 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY MISSY!
    Betta be of to bed
    Night all
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 10:05 PM.

Hey cheeky Monkey! Welcome back! I remember you from awhile back! Gemma is sooo cute! I love looking at her pics! She is a cheeky monkey isnt she!? TTC? How fun! A little sis or brother for Gem!

Yay Dani! Do glad you got the photos back!!!

Yael awe I hope DS gets well soon! I hear ya about rubbing the snot allover his face! Abby has been doing that too! It is so gross! I hate it when I dont catch her doing that and I look and it has dried and looks shiny and plastic! I know that is too detailed! lol! I hope your 2nd job goes well so you can quit the other!

I set a doctor appointment up for Abby on wednesday, so if she isnt better by then they can give her something, and if she is better she can get the other half of her flu shot, so either way! I have been having so much fun Christmas decorating! Abby's eyes just light up! She is being so funny right now...watching Elmo and when they are singing she sings (really offkey like her mum!) lol!

Her other tricks that she has started lately:
    She said DUCK today while pointing to the duck on my pajamas! I was so proud. We'll see if it happens again!
    If I hand her a brush she brushes her hair and then mine!
    cleaning off my tables...if they are cluttered she takes everything off one at a time and puts it on the floor!
    today when she tried to kiss me I would let her kiss me on the cheek because I dont want her cold, and finally she took my face with both hands and kissed me on the lips! OMG it was so funny! If I get her cold, i dont even care at this point! That was just too cute!
    gives everyone bites of whatever she is eating!

OK, she is now over there saying DUCK! She isnt looking at anything that may even resemble a duck so I think it just may be a new sound she learned! lol!

I hope all sick babies and mummas get better really soon!!
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:56 PM.

Just gotta share the pic I took of Abby with my phone last night while decorating! It is soo cute! Abby Elf

Thats also a link to my blog...its pretty boring but fun for me!

tiggy Guest

SArajo,
    What a GORGEOUS pic of Abby!
    Love your blog too!

cheeky_monkey Guest

Hi giys,

my god its hot today like 39 degrees here, i went shopping today but didnt buy naything .
    tomorrow im going to get a christmas photo done of Gemma at pixie photos its $10.95 and get a big photo for it,,we took Gemma to see santa today and she didnt like him today until her gave her a chocolate then she waved to him little cheeky thing.

Sarajo that is a cute photo of Abbie, and i did join a while ago but forgot about it, but this tim i saved it in my favorites so ill be coming back all the time now, and were hoping for a boy next time but a girl will be fine too.

im thinking about going on the tony fergusion shake diet im putting on to much weight these days, anyone been on it before?

~Bec~

tiggy Guest

Hey Cheeky Monkey,
    Yep it's a scorcher today! It's supposed to be 40 degrees here tomorrow. Yuck.
    Cute that Gemma liked Santa AFTER the chocky. I haven't taken Ivy and Noah near Santa yet!

Just thought I'd pop in and let you know that it is 9 days until my babies turn 1! I can't believe it. This time last year I was miserable and scared in hospital having an iron infusion and wondering how I was going to last a month in hospital!

cheeky_monkey Guest

Tiggy wow 9 nine days to go to there first birthday Gemma has 3 weeks today it has gone way to quick i say

Welcome Bec! Gemma was born on the same day as Marnie. SHe also isn't walking by herself but walking around and around (and around and around IYKWIM) furniture.
    Sara - David has been teaching Marnie to say Duck for so long now and she says it too! SHe has rubber ducky's in the bath and it's duck duck duck! Too cute.
    YOu girls have been talking up a storm - it's great! But almost impossible for me to do personals at the moment. We have just come home from her cousin Clancy's 1st birthday - they are exactly 3 weeks apart. He had a great time with his icecream cake!
    I have been really busy at work this week - A kinder meeting on Monday night for the new ones next year. I have to post something later on about two ignorant parents later on but I am still so angry about it I am trying to find the right wordsl
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Let's just say this - it's from a couple who are teachers (one at my school another at the high school) I teach at a catholic school. Next year we have 2 kinder classes and we have a special needs child coming to our school. They have asked NOT to have their child placed in the class the child will be in! The classes are going to be organised randomly except for the Special Needs child (although the parents do not know this -except for this one parent who knows because it was at a staff meeting!) Anyway I am so angry as they are supposed to be christians - and i don't think this is a very christian way of thinking AND they are also supposed to be teachers and should know now about INTEGRATION!I will have the child in my class because I am more experienced and have a special needs background. I've just realised I was going to post this later but I have just spilled everything because I am so boiled up about it. Oh and the reason - we don't want our child to learn TOLERANCE just now! Um HELLO? Are you seriously educating children with these attitudes?
    WHat do you think about this? Am I overracting? As my husband says I can't do a lot to change their attitude. All I can do is love and protect all the children at my class. It really makes you appreciate what you have and hopefully I will be able to give this child and their parents (who God knows what kind of attitudes they face daily if these two supposedly educated people are still around!!!!!!!!!)
    Sorry for the vent - I really needed this and realise that this will stay confidential as you guys are so far away from where I am.
    Anyway that feels better.
    Thanks for listening/reading. Sorry this wasn't about our babies but it is about someone's.

OMG REnee!! That is so terrible of those parents!! I am boiling about it too and I am not even involved!! how shocking that any parents would even have the nerve to ask such a request!! I had no idea there were people like that out there...let alone 2 parents!!! I think they should place the child in those kids classes to teach the kids that a special needs child is just as wonderful since the parents obviously arent teaching their kids about it! GRRRR!! On a lighter note how cute that Marnie says duck duck duck! I still dont think Abby knows what it means, but it is so cute to hear her say it!!

Tiff wow only 9 days!!! Time flies, doesnt it! Are you doing anything special on the big day?

lol cheekymonkey about Gem and the chocolate! A girl after my own heart! Yesterday I was wearing a tee that said ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE AND CHOCOLATE! lol! I am excited to take Abby to see Santa! I have been showing her pics and I gave her a stuffed santa so she gets used to him beforehand...hopefully she wont be too scared! The diet...I have never heard of that one, but just be careful dieting while TTC. Now just isnt a good time to try to diet iykwim! A couple extra pounds wont hurt...just start eating better and watch portions if you can. More veggies, less fattning things? Sorry, dont mean to preach...just concerned with dieting while TTC or pregnant!

I found Abby's first Christmas outfits in the Christmas decorations yesterday! OMG she was so tiny! She was only 1 day old when she was wearing them! Anyway, I am going to post them on EBAY. I want someone else to enjoy them this year. I still cant believe tha only last year she was so tiny that these outfits were huge on her! She is twice that big now!! lol!

Hey Tiff, what date are the twins? Because coco is 1 in 9 days too!! 1st Dec!! Im so excited!!
    Renee, that is awful about the teachers not wanting the special needs child. I have to say one thing though, having been to catholic school and having friends who teach at catholic school, alot of them are definitely not christian (not practicing anyway). Im finding out more and more lately that even people who say they're full anglicans (in the case Im talking about) and saying how christian they are, rarely act very christian. Very sad really. It amazes me that when it comes to true kindness and acceptance, alot aren't very willing.

Shocker day yesterday. WE broke down in the car at 5pm in 30 plus degree heat, both girls in car. Didn't get home until after 7pm. Now have broken car.....jGGGGRRRRRR. Not happy jan. Have to get it fixed today...at 38degree day> WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????
    Cheeky Monkey, was just going to say that IMO (and please, just take with a grain of salt) the best kind of diets to do are either the ones where they encourage you to have full balanced meals (Lite n easy, jenny craig etc) or just cut out alot of the carbs. I truly believe that works (I've studied alot of nutrition). aS long as you start the day with carbs (oats, or cereal of some sort, toast (wholegrain) then you can have lots of meats, salads, fruit etc.When I say carbs, I mean the starchy (white bread, pasta etc) and with meat I don't mean lots of fatty meats, bacon etc). Also some exercise!
    Good luck, and if you want to discard the above please do. I just see too many people do diets that are unrealistic and then they fall off them and go back to square one.
    Havae a great day all, gotta go and get lunches ready .xoxoxoxo

tiggy Guest

Hey Meg,
    That is just the pits with the car! You poor thing. It's really overcast up here so I'm hoping for you that it means less of the heat (wishful thinking, I know).
    Ivy and Noah are the 30th of November, just by the membrane of their placentas! They were born at 10:03pm and 10:05pm. It was a Wednesday, my only Wednesday babies, all my others were Friday.

Renee,
    I have a special needs boy (foster son). All I can say is GRRRR at those parents (and teachers too, they should know better). I know DD kids can be alot of work in the classroom but it also brings out the best in the other kids and teaches them that life is not all peaches and cream, nor is it all about them. Kids can learn alot from having someone with special needs in the classroom, just as that SN child can learn alot from them. Seriously, I hope the child of those parents is put in the same class, just on principal alone.

Sara, at this stage, i am just planning a quiet day of reflection and maybe a small celebration for my birthing day. Mum and the ILs are coming up for dinner so that will be nice.
    IKWYM about looking at the clothes. I was looking at I&N's first outfits too the other day, little dolls clothes, too small on my girls' Cabbage Patch Kids! I can't remember them that tiny! I am looking at Ivy standing up, ,leaning on the lounge as I type and am feeling very sad at how fast they have grown up.

Sigh, Tiff, they do grow up too fast dont they! I can see why people get this far or so and want to TTC again! Abby gets so independant sometimes! It is so cute! I just want to cherish every moment!

Meg Coco's birthday is next week too? Wow that came up fast! I cant believe it is December already! I remember how excited we all were last December knowing we were due that month!!

I think Abby knows that I am trying to keep my distnace (because I dont want to catch her cold) beacuse she has nearly been chasing me around the house today with kisses! How can I turn down a kiss from my bubba who is not feeling well? She needs love and kisses and lots of hugs to make her feel better! Oh well...I'll be shocked if I stay healthy! It really is too funny..she gets this look on her face...a look of determination, and comes after me. I know she wants a kiss when she does that today! Nose dripping and all, I just have to let her give mama kisses if it makes her feel better! I have so been snot all over today! lol!

tiggy Guest

Oh sarajo! That is too funny and too cute! I am the opposite, running around after Ivy with a spew towel to try to keep her nose clean! She runs away from ME!! Thank goodness Noah is healthy! LOL, you WILL get used to the snot! You might even surprise yourself and NOT get sick!

If I& N are in good moods at the same time today, I might try to get some Chrissy photos of them together. I have some of them seperately but all of the Chrissy ones together are...interesting, to say the very least!

ETA; Speaking of Christmas, we usually go up and see this gorgeous house with beautiful lights every year. This year would have been our tenth anniversary and Ivy and Noah's first time. We have just found out they are not doing it this year due to illness. I'm so sad, I was looking forward to introducing the babies to our little tradition.
    Last edited by tiggy; November 22nd, 2006 at 07:14 AM.

Hi all

First of Renee that is so bad of those parents. I cant believe that. It makes me feel so mad and sad at the same time. How dare they. A***holes. Sorry for that but that was the first thing that came to my mind when I read it.

Anyway, I want to thank you all for the congrats. DH and I had a lovely day together.

I knew things were going to good for me. Something always goes wrong after a while. Im scared to death for my little boy Callum as ( this could be long ) Yesterday I took him to the clinic which I havent been in 2 months. Well the nurse told me off. I will tell you what she said.

First off I want to let you all know the weight and lenth Etc of what Callum was 2 months ago.
    Bw: was 7430grms
    L: 67cm
    HC: 43.5
    Now that was 2 1/2 months ago.

This month it is:
    Bw:8505grm
    L: 72cm
    HC: 45cm
    Now he is 9 1/2 months old.

So this is what she told me.

She said he was underweight and that I wasnt feeding him enough. I know what I am about to say was wrong and we got into a bad habbit, but it was the only way to get him to drink his bottle. So we were giving him bottles in bed. I know it was wrong but it was the only way. So when I told her that, She told me that was going to be so hard to get him out off. Im not to give him bottles at all anymore as she said he was having to many and wasnt eating enough. He is to have Milk in a cup now, ( he cant evern hold it properly) and not in bottles. He is to drink them in his high chair and not infront of TV.

So of cause im feeling like a bad mother, although Ive had a child before ( 12 years ago ) Melissa and did the same thing with here, feeding the same amount of food, she didnt have bottles in bed but still same amount of food etc. I know they say giving bottles in bed can rott the teeth but I thought it was only if they feel asleep with it in the mouth and it stayed there. Well he gets rid of it when he doesnt want anymore. Hope this is making sence as im rushing to get it finished before he wakes.

So, no bottles, to drink in the high chair only, to feed him lots of solids which I do but I help him alot as I have a fear of choking and hate seeing him choke.

So after pretty much being told im ****, I was about to leave when she noticed a bump on his head. This is was she said about that. Ill also be posting this else where to see if anyone else has had it.

All babies have fontanelles as we know and are meant to close around the one year mark, but my Son Callum is 9 1/2 months and his is closed. My nurse picked this up and also told me it isnt meant to close yet. Then she said that the ridge on his forehead has closed or hardern and that isnt meant to of happen. Now the reason she gave me after I asked what it meant, was that if the ridge harderns to fast then the skoll and brain cant grow. She told me to make an appointment with GP which I have, but its not till Monday, as she thinks it needs to be looked at as he might need U/S.

I came home and looked on the Internet and found some thing called SAGITTAL SYNOSTOSIS and it pretty much said the same thing that the brain and skoll cant grow and the skoll would need to be open to let the brain grow, which means op on the ridge of his head and long time in hospital. I can evern begin to know how the hell im going to cope with that. Has anyone else had this or know of some one who has. Please help!!

So that is where we are at and Im so sorry its long to read. I always think the worst and of cause Im thinking what if I lose him. Im so sad and dont know what to do. Everyone keeps telling me it will be ok to make me feel better but what if its not.

Im sorry its way way to long!!!

Just needed to tell you as no one understands how scared I am.
    Last edited by Missy; November 22nd, 2006 at 07:43 AM.

Missy dont ever appologize for a long post hon! first of all, that doctor telling you about his feeding habits sounds like she was rude and insensitive! You are a good mama, and it sounds like he put on a good amount of weight to me! So now you change his eating habits, ok, but dont tell you you have been a bad mum! Changing his eating habits may not be as hard as you think! Abby is down to 1-2 bottles a day and she barely notices. It is harder on us then it is on them I think! As for SAGITTAL SYNOSTOSIS I have never heard of that. My prayers are with you and Callum! I really hope it isnt that serious! Keep us updated!

{{{{{MISSY}}}}} Huge hugs hon...you poor thing! I don't know anything about the skull closing although I was told it happens around a year old. I hope you can get into the doctor soon and have your fears allayed. As for that MCHN...my god...how rude! If your little man is well covered, happy and meeting all of his other milestones; perhaps he is just petite? Not every baby is going to be over 10kgs at this point; and if he's active (crawling, trying to walk) then it's possible he's expending alot of energy. Jeez these child health nurses can be so rude...my friend was told she was harming her daughter because she was too 'heavy' for her age...she's just short and solid; but now she's grown and looks like every other little girl her age and my friend didn't change a thing with her diet.

I'm going to be back after to do some personals as I'm rushing out the door, but just wanted to say I had a FABULOUS time at Westlife yesterday. I recorded the whole thing on video (they did a 4-song showcase) and they were so lovely. Shane (my fav - he has a 16 month old daughter) and Mark spent half their time just waving at Maddy and cooing over her. *L* We also 'stalked' them later as we weren't allowed to have photos with them during the performance & CD signing. Missed out on a photo with my favourite but we did find them doing their sound check for that Ashes concert last night; and I got a photo with Nicky who was an absolute doll. When I can find my upload cord I will put the photos up on my blog. Also have a cute shot of Shane smiling for my camera while I was waiting for him to sign my CD cover.

Sarajo we are trying to change his eating habitts and he wasnt very happy last night as I wouldnt give him a bottle which broke my heart. It was a long night but we got there. He had weetbix, cup of milk and alittle bit of toast this morning but he was very tired as we got up at 5.30 and he ate at 6. It doesnt help that he is teething as well. Yes please pray as I need all the help I can get for Callum but more so for me as Im a reck. Thanks hun.

Becka Im so glad you had a great time. Are they the ones that sing "you raise me up" if so I love that song. Thanks so much for your kind words too.

I made another appointment with a different Doc and I got in for 11 today. I will let you all know how it goes.

thanks so much xxx

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast