Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #18

tiggy Guest

Oh Missy

I'm so sorry that some woman spoke to you that way!Who does she think she is? You are doing a marvelous job as a Mummy. Callum is growing isn't he? All babies grow and develop differently. You need to do what is right for you and your son. Not what is right for the ECHN! It makes me so cranky that another person(who is supposed to be in a profession that HELPS people) can pass judgement on you and make you feel as though you are a lousy mother.n

Good Luck with the doctor. I think you should ask for a referral to a paediatrician, who can give you all the support that you need to feel as though you are doing the right thing by Callum. I know another Mum, whose 6mth old's fontanelles have all closed over also. The baby girl had to go for a cat scan and is just being monitored at the moment as she is reaching all her developmental milestones. Also, sometimes, we feel the fontanelles and believe them to be closed but on x-ray, they are actually still a little bit open.
    I really feel for you, I hope that you can find someone compassionate and helpful. I also hope you make a complaint about that ECHN and that you NEVER have to go back there again! I hope that there are other options for you in a kinder environment.

Last edited by tiggy; November 22nd, 2006 at 09:03 AM.

Ok just got back from Doc's. He said that the fontanelle has closed and the ridge has hardern. He is sending us off for a x ray tomorrow at 10.30 and then he said if need be he will refer me to a neuro surg.

Not doing very good so will leave it at that and let you know how things go tomorrow!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes.

tiggy Guest

Missy, Good Luck with the x- ray. Be kind to yourself too. Thinking of you

Awe Missy! Hang in there! Let us know how things go at the X-Ray tomorrow. We'll keep praying!

Smile

Thank you Missy for responding to my post when you are going through an enormous strain yourself. I hope everything works out for you and your baby boy Callum. I'll be thinking of you.

I knew you girls would understand why I was so cranky! I was even thinking last night I hope noone reads it from here but noone has even heard of this site so I think my fears are unwarranted. It felt good to share it.

I am off to a speech lesson with my special needs tutor this afternoon but I really don't want to drag Marnie out of the house because it is so hot!
    I am feeling for those people in the Blue Mountains. Tiggy - I don't know whether you are the blue mountains or the hunter valley - either way I hope you and your cherubs are safe and not too hot!

Hi to everyone else. I saw the snippets of Westlife on Sunrise this morning and thought of you Becka! I can't remember if you are going tomorrow or not. I'll be thinking of you!

I hope you all have a great afternoon!

cheeky_monkey Guest

Good luck 2morrow Missy

Oh there is so much smoke around me today there is a fire up the moutaions but it is still so hot.
    Girls dont worry about the advice u gave me about diets i will be looking into it all before i start.

Gemmas 11 months stats are
    weight-8.8kg
    length-74cm
    HC-43cm

my little baby is growing up to fast, i was watching the home movies today of gemma when she first rolled she was 3 months and i had a tear she was so little and had brown hair no its blonde as.

anyway better go got some washing to bring in

Bye

Missy you poor darling. I am thinking of you and Callum and praying all is going to be totallyfine.
    What that stupid nurse said to you is just SH"OCKING. Firstly, you are doing a great job!
    Secondly, stuff what she says about bottles. You do what EVER you have to do. Tilly had a bottle till she was 5 YES 5!!!!!! I stopped when she started school and do you know what, her teeth are ok!! She had one morning and night as a comfort thing. I don't feel it was wrong in any way shape or form, so do not feel bad about Callum having bottles. Coco as yet does not have milk in a cup.
    Im really thinking of you and remember we're all here for you.
    sending lots of love xoxoxoo

Hi Everyone

Just popped on for a quick catch up, and I will be back tomorrow to do a big long one but I just wanted to say Missy OMG I am so outraged at what that nurse has said to you. Im so sorry that someone felt it was appropriate to speak to you that way!

Im 100% with Meg! If you want to feed your baby a bottle, then you do it! How can any nurse in this day and age tell a mother not to feed their child. If Callum loves his bottle, then give it to him. Nuts to her. (I just swore very badly and went back and changed it LOL) I bottle feed Jasmine and I have NEVER heard of this feeding in bed thing? Whats the difference from laying them in your arms and giving them a bottle than them laying down in bed? Im just puzzled on that one. Either way, any dentist that freaks out about baby teeth is wasting his/her time! I bet it has broken your heart to take his bottle away from him! Honestly, I would give it back. Im not an expert, but I dont see how traumatising a child of Callums age can help. I dont know why she didnt suggest putting him on a different formula, like a follow on or something else? She sounds nuts. The ***** probably had a bad day, and now Callum has to suffer for it.

As for Callums skull, I have heard of that before. Michael just said to me that someone he used to know, had a child who had that happen. The child is fine now. It did involve surgery, but the little girl is completely fine. It must be so scary for you. Im so sorry. Please know that I will be thinking of you all day. I wish I could do something for you. I just hope its a positive outcome.

If I can suggest anything, I would disregard what your nurse has told you to do. I cant believe I am actually saying that, because I usually put alot of weight into Health Professionals opinions, but in this case, I would seek a second opinion. Give me a happy baby and a happy mother anyday, over a happy nurse who doesnt know you, or your baby!

Good Luck tomorrow. Please let us know how you go!

Just a quick one, I really should be in bed.
    Missy - Don't listen to one word that comes out of the MCHN. You have had one baby and now she is 12, she is healthy and fine.
    I take the bits I want and discard the rest.
    I give Jett his bottles in bed so I am with you on that one.
    Do what you want!!!
    YOU ARE A GREAT MUMMA....

Ladies I'm gonna be away for a few days...I'll be back sometime Saturday, possibly Sunday. Take care and I'll chat to you all then. XXX

Hey all!
    Missy what time is your doctors appointment tomorrow? I agree with the girls about the bottle in bed...as long as he isnt falling asleep with it in his mouth, I think there is nothing wrong with it. Any the no more bottles thing, I think that is a personal choice. I am doing it for Abby because I think it will be easier now than later, but Abby didnt mind at all when I started taking them away. She really only gets one at bedtime now, and sometimes one mid-morning. If she did give me a hard time about taking them away she might still have her bottles all day too!

Well, after a full day of fussy Abby I though she was miserable all day because of her cold, and here WE HAVE TOOTH #3!! FINALLY! It has just started breaking through! I thought I would check as her little cheeks were soooo red last night! I was right!

Dani LOVE the new photos of Jett and Bluey! Too cute!!

Cheekymonkey Gem sounds like she is the same size as Abby! She goes to the docs today so we'll see how much she weighs! WOW just realized she is exactly 11 months today!!

where are u off to Beck? Have a good time!

Just to my Dad's for a few days while John is away in Sydney. Have never felt safe home alone in the house without him there.

BTW - I weighed Maddy on the electronic scales at home today and she is 8.7kgs. (With a thin romper suit on)

Just looked and #4 is there too! no wonder she was so fussy yesterday!

Beck have a good time at your dads!!

Bye Beck!! have fun! I don't feel safe home alone either!
    Sarajo, yey for Abbys teeth!! We are just breaking number 6 and I CANT WAIT, as she was awake in pain for hours last night (well awake about once an hour for a few minutes...nightmare). Anyway, Im assuming its' this tooth that just hasn't broken through. I think it might be here today looked very close yesterday. Infact I thought it was through, which would explain the pain if its' going up and down.
    Missy hope you're doing ok. Alot of the early childhood nurses love to preach and do it based solely on their opinion, so you get so many different opinions (bit like breastfeeding in hospital) and it's wrong, they; should stick to the same advice (and make it GOOD advice).
    Hope everyone has a good day. i am truly a walking zombie.
    Got the car back......$417 later......ggggrrrrr
    xoxoxo

PS just added a few pics of coco from the weekend xo
    Last edited by Mumma2three; November 23rd, 2006 at 06:21 AM.

Hi all. OMG you guys are wonderful. I have never spoken to ppl I didnt know about personal stuff and Im so glad I was invited to come and join the Dec bubs.

I havent given a bottle to Callum since Tuesday and oh boy its a struggle to get him to have a 100 mls ( thats the least he can have) as he just doesnt want it that way. Also he is teething big time. He puts his fingers in his mouth and starts to cry. Then I start crying as he looks at me as if to say mummy cant you do some thing. It just breaks my heart and he just winges all the time.

Well yesterday this is what he had all day. I feel its to much but he is eating it all.
    BFast: 1 weetbix and 1 toast put milk in the cup that took 45mins to get him to have it.
    MTea: slice of mango, slice of apricot and 3 grapes.
    Lch: 1 s/wich, yog and fruit and 100mls of milk. That did take as long this time.
    Atea: crusket with vegimite and some pears.
    Din: vegies and chick, yog and then cup of milk but he didnt have it all.

He is just upset all the time. I think at least im going to give him night bottle but just try no to give it in bed as he wakes in the night for another one and I dont want to keep getting up to give him one.

First night was hell. Cant remember how many times I got up but I didnt give in. I just gave him cuddles and he went back to sleep. last night he woke at 8.30 but then went back to sleep till 5.30 this morning. That was better and Im up at that time cooking Melissa's b/fast so they had b/fast together at 6.

My appointment is at 10.30am and a girlfriend is coming with me. I probably will have to go back later to get the scans but I will try to see if anyone can give me alittle info.

Im abit of a mess as im tired and upset. I cry at the drop of a hat. Im depressed and emotional but I think Im doing ok concidering what the nurse said.

My mum told me I am a wonderful mother as she would know cause Melissa and I lived with mum from the age of 5 weeks that is Melissa of cause till 18 months. So she knows how good I am. I was 22 then and she told me Im evern a better mum with Callum. DH is always telling how good I am so that is nice. Got 6 white roses from DH last night when he got home to cheer me up. Was lovely.

Im trying not to worry about Callums head at the moment and just wait and see what the x-ray says. ppl have also told me that the op is only little and the kids are back to their selves in no time.

Ok will let you know how we go.

oh and I saw westlife too on sunrise and thought oh that lady on BB. Sorry at the time couldnt rememeber the name.*blushes*.
    Bye all

Thanks so so so much. You have all helped me so much. xxxxx to each and everyone of you...

Missy, Im all for the night bottle. Seriously, give him the bottle if youprefer, it is fine. I will be giving coco a morn and night bottle for as long as she wants, I find it very comforting for them
    All thebest for 10.30, Im sure he'll be fine, we'll be thinking of you oxoxoxoxo

tiggy Guest

Missy, I'll be thinking of you today.
    Ivy and Noah are still having up to four bottles a day, I don't feel bad, that's just the way it goes. You shouldn't feel bad for wanting to give your baby a bottle. My girls didn't give up their bottles until around three. Just do what is right for you and your little man.

Missy good luck with the XRays today! Let us know the results! Sorry so much problems with feeding. I think his day sounded like a wonderful food day! I say keep the night bottle too!

I hope it is Coco's teeth coming in to explain her fussiness! I hope she isnt getting sick!

Tiff The doc today said 4 bottles a day is still fine btw. I guess we should just let the babies tell us when they are ready anyhow, right? I think I am going to put Abby's breastmilk in cups now except for the night bottle. She just doesnt seem to mind cups durring the day at all!

Abby just got back from the doc and it seems 4 teeth are cvoming in at the same time, so that's numbers 3-6 all at once! Poor babe! Also she has an ear infection, and is underweight.
    <sigh>
    She weighed 8.164 kg at her 9 month check-up and now only weighs 8.315 kg!!! I almost cried when she told me how much she didnt gain. She eats solids sooo well, I just dont know why she isnt gaining. It could be partly the diarreah last week, but the doc said she should still be getting about 30 oz od breastmilk a day. I will run out of my frozen supply in no time then. After that, it is on to cow's milk. She was only getting 8-16 oz of milk, so I feel like I have been starving my baby. Well, now I know. I must have misunderstood something at the last appointment, because I thought what I was doing was right. She doesnt look like she is wasting away. This whole feeding adjustment is HARD!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast