Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #20

sarajo - Thanks! Yes I remember you and your sister. How is Eddie doing?
    Abby sounds like she is doing really well

Becka - Thanks! Yes I hope the immunisations go well. I really want to get them done on a saturday, because that way Milo is home for 4 days for us to watch hime before he has to go to creche (my mum has him mon-tues), and we can watch him more closely.

Milo has 5 new teeth that have erupted in the past week and a half (3 molars, 2 eye teeth) and 3 more really swollen gums where I think the teeth aren't too far away. Its really playing havoc with his settling at night time, and his general mood through the day.

Before these teeth came up he'd settle himself most nights, maybe 1 time I'd have to go in. Tonight it was 50 minutes of hysterical screaming, then he'd nod off, and wake up within a minute or too. I ended up giving him panadol after 45 mins, I really do think the teeth are causing him some pain.

Hello Ladies,
    Thanks for all of your help with routines. I have got one kinda in place a we will see how it goes.
    I do feel the root of our problem is what I found yesterday in his mouth. It seems that he is getting molars?? Is that what they are called in babies. He only has 5 teeth in total. I didn’t think these teeth came till later down the track. I could be wrong?
    I went back to the MCHN who is great but tough. Let me know if this seems to strict?
    7:00am – Wake and Breakfast with milk in cup
    9:00am/10:00am – Morning Sleep (1½ hours)
    12:00pm – Lunch with Sippy cup
    2:00pm – Bottle & Afternoon Sleep (1 hour)
    5:00pm – Dinner with sappy cup
    6:00pm – Bath then quite play or walk
    7:00/8:00pm - Bottle & Bed
    I just want this 2 hour screaming match that goes on every night to be over. If I knew how to fix it I would. Nothing fixers it!! I am going a little mental….:eek:
    Rayray – Welcome to the November/December/January thread. Like Beck said the more the merrier.
    I have checked out Milo’s website and I love the photo’s. He seems to be a really happy little boy. He can say a heap of words, which is great.
    Glad to see I have a fellow Victorian here too. We are kinda just down the road from each other.
    Beck – Baked beans what a great idea!! I'll have to try that with Jett! I love baked beans I would eat them every day. I dipping bread makes it sound fun for the kiddies.
    Sarajo – Strange Jett too refuses eggs! I keep trying and he just isn’t into them.
    Renee – Sorry, I have the opposite problem. Jett would spend every minute with Ben if he could. When Ben is home all the time it is Daddy’s Boy, which is kinda weird but good.
    I must admit Jett has been a better sleeper since he started crawling. I have heard that they can have unsettled sleep before they start to walk, not sure if this is true?
    Missy – Same thing happens here so don’t stress. Jett chews for a bit and then out it comes.
    Kate - No good to hear that you are not well. I hope that you get better really soon. How is your Tony Ferguson diet going? Is that the one you were doing? My friend has just started a Cohen’s Lifestyle Clinic, I hope she dose really well.
    Enjoy all

Dani That schedule sounds lovely, and not too strict in my opinion! It is very close to Abbys, although Abby has her afternoon nap at 1:00, and she has mid morning and mid afternoon snacks and no more bottles at all. I really hope this new schedule works for you and Jett!

Rayray Thanks for asking, Eddie is doing GREAT! He has been walking, or running rather, since 9 month! He is a very picky eater, but is improving. He doesnt say much, but has just started a vocabulary of "shake shake shake" and "Alex" (his cousin), so he's getting there! He is a cutie pie though! Here is a pic of eddie and Abby with Santa! PICTURE

Missy I dont think it is anything to worry about with Callum not liking lunch. Maybe just move his lunchtime back an hour and see how he does? then he will be more hungry iykwim! I am excited about Summer so I can take Abby for some swims! Then you all will be cold with sweaters and coats! lol!

Beck YAY on DH wanting to TTC in late summer/fall too! I'm sure Don is excited to practice trying too! lol! The toothpaste I use for Abby is actually a gel and is meant for infants and babies, so it is safe to use. I never thought about giving her water to rinse. I know this sounds weird, but Abby doesnt do well with straight water. She vomits when she drinks water with nothing added. I usually have to add some applejuice durring the day! Im sure it has to do with her reflux! Oh well!

Today I am calling the dentist because my tooth that I got the root canal retreatment on still hurts and I am hoping they dont have to redo it AGAIN! It was done 1.5 weeks ago and I have been in pain ever since. I am afraid to call even, but it is necessary! Its a pain because every time I have to go, I have to get a sitter for Abby. Argh!! Anyway, its friday at least! Woohoo!

The rest of u lovey ladies have a wonderful day!!!

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,

Thought I'd just pop in and see what's going on.
    Kate, hope you are feeling better soon.
    Bec, have you seen Westlife yet? Was it good?
    Missy, Noah goes through stages of not eating (like now) he loves his yoghurt though, so when he's refusing the finger foods I just ply him with the stuff he likes. I keep trying though with the bread etc and he eventually starts eating them again! Fruit and vegies are our problem atm. I can mix them in and he'll eat them with meat and rice or pasta but on their own, he just balks.
    Ray Welcome to you and the gorgeous Milo! We are really November - ites here but the girls have been very welcoming to me and the babies. I got the nappies yesterday, thank you. Yay too that it wasn't an unexpected pregnancy for you. Hope you get that BFP when you want it.
    Dani Sounds as though you and Jett are working things out. *SIGH* I am STILL up most of the night with Ivy, although, Noah has been sleeping through most nights since the end of October. Last night I did some controlled crying with her for the first time. I hated it and she hated it and we both ended up in tears but I am at my wits end some nights. I am supposed to be going back to work at the end of this month (on night duty of all things) but can't see my way straight with little Ivy partying all night.
    I'm thinking of you and those 2 am wiggle nights (and feeling for you)
    Renee Hope those preggy symptoms aren't too bad. I love the cravings! With William, I couldn't get enough chilli and coffee. With Ivy and Noah it was red capsicum and strawberries, go figure. With the big girls it was dairy and with Lily it was chocolate! mmmm...chocolate.
    Sarajo, Sorry to hear that your tooth is still sore. Hope that you get some relief soon. AWWW Abby's prayers sound lovely.
    Christy Sorry that you are feeling the heat. It was 44 degrees out here in the boonies yesterday. Remembering those last days before Ivy and Noah came along, in the heat, they were not pleasant. Thinking of you.
    Meg How are you going? Any news on the allergy testing yet?

Hi everyone else, hope you are travelling well.

As for us, things are going along ok. Ivy and Noah are still just cruising the furniture. I really want them to start walking before I go to work but all in good time, I guess. I missed Lily's first words and first steps because I was working so don't want to miss anything this time around. School holidays are still in full swing and I have been trying to get out of the house a bit with the kids. We are doing an Iron Chef (does anyone watch this or is it just me?) cooking competition tonight for dinner and we will be eating the results. Hoping that there is nothing TOO out there! LOL.
    Ivy has been middle ear infection free for the last two months (although has been on low dose Amoxil for all of tha ttime and will be until we get to see the ENT) and it has been very pleasant having well babies.
    Other than that we have just been swimming and lying low in the extreme heat. The babies had their last check up with the hospital yesterday as they were in a study. We started going when they were three months old. The doctor and the study nurse were saying they couldn't believe how much they had grown - they had lost their 'babies'.

William's 3rd birthday is coming up too (it's still a couple of months away but still...) and I find my thoughts turning to him and what might have been more and more. It happens every year, so I just accept this is the way it's going to be for a while. We always try to do something special on his birthday (because his birth was a celebration - it wasn't a sad day) but don't know what yet. On his first birthday we had a party and everyone who came brought a teddy bear to donate to the Teddy Love Club. This is an organisation who gives bears to families who have lost babies, so they don't have to walk away with empty arms. Last year we went away. This year I don't want to go away and I don't think a party is appropriate, so will have to give it some more thought. Anyhow, enough of that.

Today is alot cooler and so we are having a cleaning day (my kids HATE these days but they have to be done). We all pitch in and it's over in no time. Dave is at the tip so thought I'd just jump on and say hi but it has turned into a mammoth post! Hope you all have a great weekend.

I LOVE Iron Chef Tiff! So how do you get to eat the results? And go to the show? Is it filmed locally? I am so jealous! I would love to go to on of those!! Is the entire family going? How wonderful what you do to celebrate sweet William's birthday! You are such a stong brilliant woman! I really respect you, girl!

tiggy Guest

Sarajo,
    No, sadly we don't get to go to the show, we just get to watch it from the TV. We currently have Iron Chef America here on Saturday nights but before that it was the Japanese version. We are all addicted to it. What I meant was that we are doing a family competition here. I'm choosing the secret ingredient and all the kids (except for Mal and babies) have to make one dish using the ingredient then Dave and I and the kids are going to eat the results for dinner!
    Oh how I wish we could go to the real show though - it would be my ultimate!!!!

How is your tooth and you?

Meant to ask too, how Abby's vomiting is going?
    Ivy has been spewing heaps lately.

Yep - thanks for that Beck! I had my sandwich and I was up all night! So no more late night snacks for me.
    But I will say Marnie loved her Baked Beans and toast for tea! - Mum didn't like cleaning it up afterwards!:eek: Marnie loved feeding herself and had a great time! Thanks Beck - but I will no longer be enjoying that midnight feast.
    I had m/s for the first 6 weeks - just felt like I was permanently hungover but I didn't want my usual hang over food - hot chips etc. All I wanted was fresh fruit and water - which was handy as it is the right time of the season. I am feeling a lot better now but now sadly:frown: watching my waist disappear - just my luck after only just getting it back!

Hi rayray! We love to chat here! Judging from the number of posts you have made I am sure you will fit right in! YOur nearly up to 2000 - I don't think i'll be seeing that anytime soon.

Good luck with the feeding [email protected]! Keep trying the finger food - Marnie loves it now because she worked out what to do with it!.
    Sarajo - Marnie brushes her teeth as well. I hadn't heard in Australia not to start until they are 2. THe toothpaste says one and so does my dentist. Marnie loves it and we also have a struggle with getting the toothbrush off her!

Two inquiries from you wonderful mums.

* Sorry to be gross but does anyone else's baby continually (i mean every second night poo in the bath?):eek: [I]I know gross! But it is happening here![/I]
    * And is anyone else having problems with the second sleep (i.e. afternoon?) Marnie is saying no way to this
    Talk later!

Oh Tiggy - i didn't see your post! I don't know why! Hi there! When are you going back to work - and what do you do?

tiggy Guest

That's ok Renee - I must have had my invisibility cloak on

I'm going back on the 29th January, night duty. I'm a midwife!

Lily used to poo in the bath all the time. I haven't really got any advice. She grew out of it eventually.

Ivy has always fought sleep. Sometimes I find if I put her down later than normal she'll give in easier. Maybe Marnie is just ready to give up on that arvo nap (just when you need her to have it)!

Smile

Damn that cloak Tiggy!
    Great - so Marnie has decided not to sleep and I am 3 weeks away from starting work again and am 10 weeks pregnant! Oh the joys of motherhood.

I imagine your an excellent midwife Tiggy!

Hi Everyone,

just a quick post..my folks came up today and took us out for the day on an 'adventure'(as mum has been calling it all week to keep the plan a secret)which finished in them buying us a car!! Its a falcon station wagon(we needed the space-we have a falcon sedan now) and although its a 96 model it only has 93,000kms on it(our 98 model has 250,000!!)it's only had one owner and has a full log book to, great to drive and a giant boot..i couldn't believe it!!and was so excited that i couldn't wait to tell someone!!so you gals are it!!

better go coz i'm exhausted after trekking car yards, but will be back tomorrow..

hope everyones well

xx

Dani - Jett's routine sounds similar to Milos (whe hes at home - creche is different), except that Milo wakes earlier, usually around 6-6:30.
    Of late he won't settle at night, and today fought all of his sleeps.

Sarajo - Milo is the opposite with water, he can't get enough, but fruit juice he spits out and screws up his face.

Tiggy - I am glad the nappies got there OK

Christie - yay @ the car! Thats great.

Well tonight was not quite as bad as last night, but it was still 40 minutes of settling for Milo to go to sleep. No panadol, he didn't seem in pain or as distressed, just not wanting to go to sleep.

I wonder how much of it is teeth, and how much is just developmental (i.e. he stands up in his cot and points at the door) that he knows we are up and he has to go to bed.

Rayray Im sorry to hear milo's teeth are bothering him. There's nothing worse when you child is in pain and you cant do anything. I hope its gets better soon.
    Danielle Im not sure if it is strict but it sounds like some thing my nurse would say. She gave me a piece of paper with it written on it so I could go by it. But thats what I sort of do with Callum. He isnt up much for then 2hrs unless we are out. Also with all his walking around it seems to tire him out more. Im sure you will get there it just takes time. As for Callum's Eating im not to worried as ive been giving him other things and it seems to be going ok. He still isnt eating as much but as long as he puts weight on that all im worried about.
    Sarajo I usually give Callum lunch at about 11.30 -12 and today I left it to 1pm and he seem to eat more so I think im going to move his lunch time to 1pm. He always has a big breccy = 2 weetbix and toast + bottle so I think that a biggish breccy. I cant wait for you to have a summer too, its so nice seeing them spash around in the water. You will enjoy watching abby so much. I hope your tooth is feeling better soon too. There's nothing worse then a ear ache and sore tooth. Good luck with that!!!
    Tiff Isnt it funny how they just decide they dont want something. He was going so well and all of a sudden, NOPE MUM I dont want that Ill have some thing else thanks....lol ..I just get abit worried thats all but we will get there. Thanks anyway. Im sorry to hear Ivy is so unsettle at nights. I have being woken but we have to do it I hope things sort them selves out and you get some rest before you to back to work. Wooohooo on Ivy's ears.. That has to make you feel so good and make little Ivy feel wonderful. Good going girls!!!! I hope you do something wonderful for the 7/4 and I will be thinking of you all.
    Renee Im trying so hard with Callums food. The little bugger he is driving me nuts. Im getting to the stage where im looking through the fridge and cupbords looking for new things to eat...lol Thats what I forgot at the shops, A toothbrush. Thanks ren I will have to get one tomorrow!!!!
    Christie Wooohooo wowow. Good on you. How nice was that to get a car. Im sure you will not know yourself. HAPPY DRIVING

Well today we didnt really do much just r-aranged the back room. I just get bored and decide to move everything around. Im sure DH hates it when I get like this but just goes along with me...lol. But it looks good and the suround sound is all hooked up to so big tv and surround sound. I love it. Have to get a video out to watch it. Callum has been walking everywhere and also gets so angry when he falls down. All he wants to do it walk and when he falls.....Well oh boy he goes off....lol. Took him for a walk as I try to do everyday and now he is getting to the stage that if I slow right down or stop for some reason he grunts at me to keep going. Its quite funny " walking along - stop, Grunt Grunt from Callum and off we go". LMAO.

Well all I hope you have a lovely sleep and will talk soon

Hi to all the other ladies that havent been on

Wow chatty girls!! I dont know where to start!!

Tiff - Awe Ivy is still spewing all the time? Ever since the doc put Abby on prevacid (adult reflux med) she has been 90% better! It is a Godsend I tell you! She spews on average now once a day, but there are days that go by vomit free, thank God! Can you ask your paed about prevacid? She is on the tablet that melts in your mouth, she gets half when she wakes and the other half at bedtime. I mix it with water and give it to her in a dropper. It really has worked miracles!! My tooth is crazy bothering me. I have to call the doctor on Tuesday and ask for more painkillers. Im on an antibiotic and steriods now so hopefully that will take care of this...if not it is surgery for me

Renee first of all LOVE the new ticker! It makes me want to change mine! 2nd...sorry to be insensitive, but PMSL at Marnie pooing in the tub! lol again! Nope, thankfully have not had that one! I should not be laughing because with my luck it'll happen tomorrow! I hope she grows out of it soon! Abby has a problem with naps sometime...it just depends on the day. Today she happily went down for 2 naps and happily went to bed after a full plate of spaghetti and a poop free bath! lol again...sorry! AS for the lost waist, I heard with your second you start showing a lot quicker than with the first because you are kind of already stretched out! How exciting!!

Christie YAYYYY on the new falcon station wagon! How exciting! That'll be perfect for the new little bundle and Owen! How wonderful! You must be soo excited! You are probably driving it around right now!!

Rayray what a clever boy Milo is! I really hope if it is his teeth keeping u up that they come through soon to give you some rest! I really didnt know those back teeth came in so soon! Since you have posted that I have been looking for Abby's! She must think mummy's crazy because every time she yawns or smiles big I get right in her face to try to take a peek at her teeth! lol!

Missy Callum sounds so cute with his new talent of walking! Abby is soo soo close! I can tell she is thinking about it! As for the surround sound, my hubby is a nut when it comes to surround sound. He built it into our house, and we have to have the couch in a certain spot so it is perfect! It sounds good and all, but he is over the top about it! lol!

Question: when to get rid of the dummies??? Abby uses hers to sleep at nap times and bed time. Sometimes I give her some in the car because she gets car sick and that seems to help. Are any of your bubs still using their dummies and when do you plan to lose them?

Hi Sarajo

I know what you mean about the couch. LOL....

As for the dummy, Callum as never had one. He didnt like them. Melissa did on the other hand and she didnt get rid of it till almost 5. I did the same as you. only at sleep times and in the car if she was sleeping. Then I just told her it was time to give it to another little girl as they didnt have any money to buy one...Oh dear how bad I felt lieing to her...lol....but it worked.

I wouldnt rush it... There isnt anything wrong with sleep dummies well thats what I think.

Have a great day!!!!

Thanks Sarajo! Stretched out - that's a nice way of saying lovely loose skin is it? LOL! Yep no poos last night but we will see!

I thought I was carrying my pregnancy well until last night when David says - you look like you've got a bump - and I kind of do! It's a bit scary I am only 11 weeks! and we haven't told anyone or been to the doctor (don't fret we are going tomorrow)
    I've just gone through my cupboards (notice the plural - love clothes!) and brought the dreaded maternity bag from the shed up and went through it. I am not planning to tell work until 2 weeks after I go back (i feel guilty but what do people expect us to do?) and then I can let the belly go! Dressing will be a nightmare for the next 6 weeks - I don't look pregnant just fat! CONGRATULATIONS CHRISTIE on the car! I bet you are relieved.

I'll be back later - just wanted to say hi!

Thanks Sarajo - I love my new ticker too. I wanted a pregnancy one but they are a bit too graphic for me and I didn't want to lose Marnie's ticker.

Hello Ladies,
    Wow, you ladies have been very chatty in the last few days.
    I am very soon hitting the sack as we had a late on in the Leith household last night. I had a sing star party last night to celebrate my birthday. Ben hates it but I love it, so I wanted to have all of my friends around to have a sing. Well we finished at 3am this morning. I have no idea why I do it to myself; I know that I have to get up at 7am.
    Why is it that for the past 3 weeks Jett has been a nightmare to get to sleep and then last night he slept like an angel. This place was rocking and he slept right through.
    I have had an okay day today, just like any other really. I did almost eat half a white chocolate mud cake to myself, Opppps.!!!!
    I spent most of the day with Jett as Ben didn’t want to ‘do anything’. He gets me so mad some days. I understand he gets tired form working but he need to remember stay at home mum’s work 24/7. Sorry to bang on!!!!:frown:
    My interview went well on Friday so I may be a check out chick very soon. I find it so funny (sorry if anyone is one) I have always wanted to try this kinda job out just to see what it is like. I was never one in high school but all my friends were and loved it as a part time thing.
    Rayray – Jett is the same he loves water but isn’t keen on anything sweet. Jett and Milo are doing the exact same thing. I was reading that post and just nodding, yeap, yeap. I think it may be a bit of both?
    Tonight touchwood has been great, just a few bangs here and there as he kicks the wall from time to time.
    Tiggy – Oh, I am feeling for you love. I have recently been to that place when Jett has been up all night. I sit there and stare at the wall hoping it will give me an answer but NO!!! I can’t remember when anything I have done was ever as tough as being a mum. I think my most favourite line it “god give me the strength”, I have got no idea how many times I have asked for help.
    Sarajo – How funny Jett is the same, he loves his toothpaste. If he could I think he would brush his teeth 20 times a day.
    I hope that your tooth stops hurting soon and that you can quickly get into the dentist.
    Jett has sleep dummy, it is mainly a comfort thing to go to sleep with. He doesn’t look for it during the day only for sleeps. I have no issues with giving him one and as he only has it to sleep I hope taking it away won’t be to hard?
    Renee – I have no help with the poo thing. Jett has only done it 3 times ever and only one of them was for me. Ben and my Mum had the pleasure of the other 2.
    Maybe it happens because her bowel is loose and she feels comfortable??
    It has been the first 2 days of the new routine and Jett hasn’t wanted to go down for the arvo sleep. My MCHN said that at this age it is still needed but I can’t force him to go down. He seems to be sleeping much better at night without it too. Maybe he is having too much sleep during the day??
    Christie – How exciting about your new car. What great folks you have. I swapped to a station wagon just before we got married. I had planned that we would start trying for a baby so decide to up to a bigger mobile. I have a Hyundai Lantra Sports wagon so it just big enough to get the pram in and for me to still be able to park it * not the world’s best driver*.
    Well betta got some sleep.
    Night all

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANI!!!!

I hope you had a lovely party! Sounds like tons of fun!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast