Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #20

I just cant wait for Callums party. Ive got more photos of him ill post soon. Daughter has friends over for a few days so we all fighting over computer...lol

keep well all

Just quick

Does anyone know the area code for south africa it i want to call them

Hi again

Its ok I found it...lol

Sarajoive just looked at the pic of Abby. Love the xmas ones but the birthday photos............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww they are just wonderful. She is a looker. going to break some hearts...lol....I love the cake. Did you make that??? if so how. Can you mail me the details please.....

once again very cuteeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

c ya

awe thanks Missy! I just emailed you about the cake! Wow just realized Callums birthday is in a short 2 days!!

Sarajo.

Thanks will look soon. no Callum's bday is in 20 days...lol...did you mean that???

lol woops I read part of your daughters bday and got mixed up and thought Callums said Jan 12th! lol!

tiggy Guest

Wow you girls are chatty today!
    Sarajo, leaving your email is fine but you might want to take it off later in case people use it for spam etc. hope that helps!

Smile

Hi girls! It looks like you are online now Sara but I bet by the end of my message you are gone.
    I have tentatively checked in with the August pregnancy girls but I can't imagine logging in and not checking with my December girls first.
    I don't know where to start with personals so I might just write about where Miss Marnie is up to.
    She started to walk the day after her birthday - which was exactly the last day I breastfed her as well. It wasn't as traumatic as I thought it would be because we were down to one feed a day (nighttime) and we had a Christmas work function for David. His mum & dad came to visit so they put Marnie to bed that night. No tears no worries. Then the next day she must of decided I am a big girl now and started walking. She is walking so quickly now - but exhausts herself and is absolutely pooped by the time she goes down for her sleep.:biggrin:
    She also got another new tooth on our family holiday (we went to Port Macquarie, Canberra and Wagga - we did a big lap of NSW - so glad to be home!) This is her fifth tooth and it definitely gave her the most trouble. Poor little thing. I think I was more worried than she was.
    She is also now 9.5 kilos! It is considered just underweight on the chart but my health nurse told me they are outdated and she is fine. She certainly looks fine to me.
    I am still have trouble with her allergies/exczema which flares up from time to time. Any tips ladies?? How is Coco's going Meg? Any words of wisdom? All suggestions are gratefully accepted.
    I hope all your bubs are fine (I hope Jett is feeling better soon Dani - love the 2am Wiggle!)
    Thanks for you lovely notes of congratulations - especially you Sarajo! I didn't think anyone would even notice I wasn't here over the break - but I can't fool you!
    I hope I will read about more TTC soon!
    Love & Kissses
    Renee & Marnie

Hi renee! Are you kidding? I was in suspense the entire break waiting to hear the news! lol! Wow Marnie is walking! Great!! Any also great that stopping the bf wasnt too bad on her! How are you feeling?

Hi Renee,
    We are still having eczma drama's...nightmare. I use a QV bath Oil for coco, never soap. I also moisturise often. I have found sudocrem is good. I also have steroid creams for when it flares up. I do give her dairy, but only a bit of cheese. I give her soy yoghurt which she likes (often soy is no better for eczma than dairy, but she likes it)!! I avoid all egg now obviously, but that may have nothing to do with the eczma. Not really much other advice really. She has to wear long pants on carpets as she is still crawling.

I found a photo of Tilly the other day and she was pulling herself up at 6 months, coco didn't start until 12 months!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about different! Mind you coco is standing up alot more now, so I'd say she'll be walking maybe around 14 months, although could be later. I love that she is so chilled!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Coco's had a temp for a couple of days, not sure what the prob is. We are also getting kitchen in today (should be finished this arvo...YIPEE) and new fences, so it's all go at home. I've brought coco to the inlaws for her sleep, she's still awake, so hope she goes off soon.

HOpe everyone is well, and hopefully we'll be back online soon. I've caught up everyday now, but can't wait to have a computer on in my own house!! Then I can post some pics of the house!! xoxo

Hello Ladies,
    I need some help!! Is anyone else having trouble with night times sleeps. I can’t seem to get Jett to go to sleep and he just screams and screams.
    I am interested to see what people routines are like. I have no idea of what to do?
    I think I need to get some structure back in this house with Ben on holidays and Christmas the wheels really fell off.
    I am off to see the MCHN as I have a few questions regarding food and sleeping that I would love to ask.
    Sarajo – Those photos were divine as always. Abby is becoming such a little girl. I love her hair in those little piggy tails. I took a sneak peak at the photo’s before I got the email as I just couldn’t wait.
    I am loading some of Jett so when they are finished I will let you know.
    Renee – Firstly, I am so jealous I would have love to have BF Jett for longer than 3 weeks, so good on you!!! With #2 (a few years away yet) I am going to really give it my best and see how I go.
    Go Marnie!!! I bet that she is keeping you on your toes now. Walking is the next stage for Jett. He is great at pulling up and will and a few steps if you hold his hand.
    I don’t mind the odd 2am Wiggle but not every night!!! Jett seems to be getting better but I is just this waking and not going back to sleep thing that is the trouble.
    Missy – Good on you making Callum’s cake. I think I can say that I am the worlds worst baker.:frown: I was super slack and ordered his cake from the cake shop. I don’t think I would ever be able to make an Elmo cake.
    I am off going to see Ebony and baby Ryan.
    Bye All have a great day

Dani {{{{{hugs}}}}} You poor chicken. Maddy has been unsettled lately too with her sleeps. I don't really have a problem getting her off to sleep - she's just woken some nights between 4-6 times.

Our routine is in bed by 6pm-7pm, usually closer to the latter. If we're picking up Daddy after work then we're home around 7pm so she usually has a cuddle with Daddy and then goes off to bed. We always do the same thing. Tell her it's time for bed, she goes into the cot and then we say 'Daddy and Mummy love you, it's time for sleep. We'll see you in the morning'. The lights get dimmed right down and we close the door. Crying if any, lasts all of 30 seconds.

If she (on occasion) decides she's not tired enough and cries for longer, I get her up and let her play for a few minutes with her dollhouse. Then we repeat the tucking into bed thing and she'll usually go down. If she doesn't, it's usually a sign she's unwell and needing to be with us.

Thanks Beck, I am going to knuckle down and get the routine happening again. I really think he has an eruption of teet coming through in hi mouth. I feel bad giving him panadol all of the time but he seems fine when he has it. :frown: I am off now I still haven't been to see Eb's yet.

Smile

Thanks Meg - we use QV Bath Oil and cream for Marnie and Sudocream on her rash behind her knees - which has all but gone. At the moment her face and neck are flaring up a lot so I will start to use Sudocream on that as well. Marnie refuses to eat eggs so I am thinking that it might be because she knows she might be allergic to it. Still waiting to see the Paed about Marnie's reaction to peanut butter.
    Dani - Sorry to hear about Jett's sleep situation. Marnie goes through that stage every now and then (and she is also refusing to be alone with her father at times - does anyone else have this problem? Love your suggestions on this as well - is it obvious I am a first time mum or what?) Marnie is still having two sleeps a day and she goes down really well for them - a little crying but nothing dramatic. Her nightime routine is bath, dinner, a play and then a story in her room and then bed. Now this can change - especially with the holidays! Sometimes she was up to 10 o'clock especially with parties and traveling on our holidays! She goes to bed around 8 o'clock. Any earlier and we have the crying situation from hell. SHe sleeps through the night now! (BLISS I reckon this was almost as good as sex! A full night sleep! YEAH!) And she wakes around 7 - 7:30am. THis did take time. Good luck Dani - I hope Jett settles for you more easier. Also - once Marnie started to walk it seemed that the sleep situation improved because she was so tired! She was basically putting herself down for sleeps - she would grab her blankie and lie down with me or Dave on the lounge - too cute.
    I hope this helps.
    Hi to everyone else! Hi Beck, Mel, Kate, Tiggy, Sara, Missy, Yael, Christie (I hope you are feeling well and the heat isn't getting to you!) and all the other lovely ladies!

Awe Dani, I hope Jett sleeps better for you soon! We had a phase not too long ago when Abby was getting up 4 times throught the night or so, but now she is sleeping about 12 hours a night! That and 2-3 naps durring the day, I just feel so lucky atm! Her routine is 6:30 dinner and drink, 7:30 reflux medicine, prayers, brush teeth, change nappy, and to bed. She sleeps until 7:00 on the weekdays (I wake her when Haley comes over) and on the weekend she sleeps between 7:30 and 9:00!! I just feel so lucky right now with her sleep habits! when she was going through her phase I did let her cry herself back to sleep a couple times and thats when she quit waking through the night. I also have to let her self cry herself to sleep after I put her to bed about 1-2 times a week if she is fussy. It is a heartbreaker, but it works for her. If we keep going in, she would never get to sleep! (She doesnt fall asleep on us anymore...even if we rock her!) Hope this helps you! Poor thing, you must be exhausted durring the days! Oh I love the pink text!

Yes Meg, it is funny how babies are so different! So what age did tilly start walking? So did you do any tests with Coco for allergies yet? Is she allergic to things that eggs are cooked with, like even bread and cookies, etc? I hope her excema and her fever gets better soon! Abbys fever is finally down, but she has that tooth coming in so she is completely whiney and fussy all day!

Beck how cute that Maddy has a dollhouse! Abby has the fisher price little people farm and a bunch of people and animals that she plays with constantly! Someday I will get her a dollhouse...just too cute! My neighbor has a 3 yr old and keeps giving us her old toys and tonight she gave us a little kitchen (little tikes) and it has a little fridge and stove and microwave...abby loves it! We are very lucky to have such nice neighbors!

Renee you are too funny sleep as good as sex! lol! Abby refuses eggs too! My paed told me not to give Abby peanut butter till shes 2!! I thought that was a bit drastic, what do you think? Oh and there are times when Abby is completely mommie clingy when she doesnt want me to leave. I think that is very normal! And as for
    is it obvious I am a first time mum or what?
    lol you're now a 2nd time mum! The 2nd is just tiny right now! lol!

You all have a great day!

Sarajo - Maddy has the Fischer Price 'My First Dollhouse' which is designed for 2years+ but I checked out the pieces and found nothing of concern for a 1 year old. The pieces are easy to grip and she loves to put Daddy in the bath and Mummy in the kitchen...go figure! *L*

Hi Everyone

Just a quick pop in. Ive been reading every now and then but Ive been so sick with the flu ever since I got back home I can barely type a thing!

I cant believe how bad I feel I could just cry. Ive got the whole thing going on, stuffy head, runny nose, sore throat, horrid cough, fever, body aches.....everything!!! I just cant seem to fight this one off.

Anyway I just wanted to check in and let you all know that Im still alive.... barely!

I hope you and all of your little ones are well and I will be back soon to catch up properly!

xoxo

Sarajo I thought you got the days mix up. I had to check to make sure I wasnt blanking out and missing some days..... LOL. WOW I thought Callums sleeping was good but yours is great...good on you!!! How old did you start the brushing of teeth and prayers. I always put the sign of the cross on Callums head, Have done that since he was baptised at 8 weeks.

ReneeWooohooo on the walking. Callum has been walking for a week or 2 and its very funny some times as he gets mad if he falls over. I understand the poop as Callum is the same. By his sleep time he is ready. Very ready. lol.

MegHow nice it must be for you to have a new kitchen. I wish we could get one as its so old. You know the lime bench tops, YEP well thats us...lol...Hope Coco is feeling better soon to. There is nothing worse when they are not well or got temp and you dont know why. :fingerscross: for her to feel better soon.

Danielle I dont really know what to say about the sleeping but we give Callum a bottle then its straight to bed around 7 - 7.30. We give him his monkey that he loves and put on the music thingy...lol...and now he likes the fan on with the hot wheather. He will cry at first for about 10 sec and then talks for another 15 mins then off to sleep he goes. He hasnt been waking till 7.30 -8 in the morning. Its wonderful... As for the cake, Hmmmm im thinking of making it but im not the best baker either. I'll see what in the books but if its to hard then i'll be off to the shops...heheheh...lol.

QV OIL IS THE BEST I use to always bath Callum in it as his skin was sencitive. Its soooooooo good.

KateI hope your feeling better soon hun..((((((hugs)))))
    Last edited by Missy; January 11th, 2007 at 06:50 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast