Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #11

Haroula - i would love some tips on daytime sleeping too. Loren won't do any more than 45 min naps, I try to extend them but this only works some times. She is sleeping through the night and usually from 9pm till 6am so I shouldn't complain.

Nic - Glad you had a great time in Bris Vegas!!! I will look at your pics soon.

Buzzie - So to hear your little man has hurt his eye.

Miss Loren is rolling..yey. She has also taken to playing under her floor moblie.

Wow this time last year I got that little second line show up on my pg test.

In amongst our very busy lives here DH and I have decided to upgrade to a new house. We put our house on the market yesterday. I have seen a house that I would love to buy so we are crossing our fingers that ours gets some interest very soon.

I just keep thinking about all the packing...yuk. DH and I moved into this place straight out of uni, so we really did not have much at all. 5 years down the track, a marriage, and 2 babies....omg!!!!

Morning all.. well off for our 4 month needles today .. I hate needles

Bek: We ended up out at Logan on Sunday. I sat in the car dozing with Olivia while DH and my mum did some groceries Dh's uncle lives out that way so we went visitiing.

I am trying to remember what date I did my test to find out Olivia was on the way. We were on holiday at Airlie Beach and I was super grumpy but we kept saying it was PMS lol.. I did a test when we got home and Voila!! Olivia was hiding in there

Good luck Vicky with the surgery - sending get better soon vibes

And OIivia with needles, hope it does hurt too much - ohhh i hate them so much!

morning ladies,

Buzzie - OMG poor little thing.. hope it clears up and he learns to keep those nails out of his eyes.... Chrissie has gotten better and isn't scratching herself so much now.. but i'm waiting for her to stick her finger in her eye too as she loves to grab her eye ball when sleepy! WT??!!

Tinsel
    - yeah Chrissie spews a bit... she's gotten much better since i put her on formula though.. she was MUCH worse on BM. I have those colours nappy squares on everything.. her play mat, swing, bed...when i burp her! LOL.... saves having to wash everything all the time! It goes away once they start solids! Elevating helps too!

Nic - good luck with the needles..!

morgan - thanks for the tip and GOOD LUCK with the surgery!! hope all goes real well!!

Bek - yeah can't complain with the night sleeping... Chrissie again has done 11 hrs! 7pm-6am!!!

xxx

I hate needle day My poor baby girl cried and cried and cried.. We just gave her some panadol now and she has settled down. She had her needles almost 2 hours ago and settled down enough to go get some groceries then we got home and she was just so upset

now for stats.. she weighs 6.8kg and is 63.5cm long. Apparently her head and chin are a little small so we have to go back at 5 months but I am not the slightest bit worried as she is just tiny all over..

anyways hope you all have a good day. send me some sleep all night vibes please. Olivia woke at 2:30 and was awake till 4.. Beats me why! She hasn't done this for ages..

morgan78 Guest

:hugs: for you & Olivia needles are soo awful & here is a kg bag of sleepy dust.
    Vicky has decided that mums the place to sleep today & looks quite content atm.

Thanks for the sleepy dust. Olivia is using it right now hopefully we will use it tonight too

I love when they fall asleep on you. It is just so sweet

Needle time again, oh no. I thought I was brave but when you have to squish their little leg and hold it tight while they are crying, it is heartbreaking.

I hope Vicki's operation goes well next week.

I had a bit of a rude shock this morning when Monique woke me up at 2am for a feed. She hasn't done that for months. Her 'routine' was a bit out yesterday so she went to bed earlier than usual and then feeding time was all over the place.

After seeing Nic's video of Olivia swimming like an Olympian, I tried to get Monique kicking around but she is very quiet in the bath and likes to float and have a chat. She doesn't kick around or splash. Is anyone else's little one like that and is there an activity we could do to promote movement? She is outgrowing her baby bath so there isn't a lot of room for her to splash around and our main bath is a spa so is very deep and kills my back although I have been in there with her a couple of times.

Yawn...Miss Loren has been one sick little veggie mite. She has a chest infection courtesy of her big sister. I spent most of the day running around after doctors and getting xrays. Poor Loren did not sleep much because we were in and out of the car and every time she coughs she wakes up.

Tinsel - Re your question regarding the spewing. Sara started chucking up after a feed from around 3 months old. This lasted until she was around 6 months. She was a happy chucker and it did not bother her, so the pead said there was nothing to worry about. Two ways to tell if the chucking is affecting bub is weight gain and how settled bub is. Don't be concerned over lack of movement in the bath. Sara never did much kicking she just wanted to lay back and enjoy!!! Have you got a lie back baby holder for the bath? Loren has been in the big bath for weeks now, I put her in the holder and she loves it.

Hi to everyone. Been really emotional lately not sure why, maybe AF is on her way. Anyone else had AF return?

Kellie: Olivia has been like that in the bath almost from day 1. she just loves bath time. I remember Ethan and Isaac being little floaters. they just lay there and enjoyed the water..

Bek: hugs.. Poor little bubba being sick..

Bek do you want my AF. I am on my 3rd cycle since the 6th March.. yes 3rd in just under a month. 1st one lasted a week. 2nd one 5 days and I am now on CD 3. Majorly peeved off!! This exact same thing happened last March.. then I found out I was pregnant with Olivia lol I have a fibroid or at least I assume I still do. Last US I had with Olivia at 35 weeks showed a very small Fibroid still hiding in there. anyways back on topic.. Would you like my AF?? Please... I would kinda like to DTD again one day

nic - from one extreme to the next ash had his measurements too.. his weight is 90th percentile, length 95 and his head was off the scales!!!!!!!! LOL

bekz - sorry to her u got bugs all round hope everyone gets better soon.
    No AF here but thought it might the other day but must of been just hormonal day.

Is anyone feeling clucky again or am i just going insane lol???
    for some reason ive really started missing being pregnant which is weird cos i didnt like much about it. I have to admit i look forward to ash having a brother or sister.. hehe - 'slaps myself'

morgan78 Guest

hi everyone
    Bekz - No AF here yet and atm i really don't mind

Buzzie - when Vicky was 6 weeks DP & i agreed that there was no way we were ever doing this again but the last couple of weeks i've been seriously rethinking it and yesterday was telling DP that we could still look at it in about 3 or 4 years as then the other 2 will be at school/just starting so i would have more time to give a newborn during the day and as i'm only turning 30 this year certainly have some time to play with (hopefully) funny tho cause i dont think DP gets that im actually being serious

We bought Vicky a Fisher Price Rainforest play gym today - Toys R us had $30 off them and she thinks its great tho our lounge room is getting rather crowded with kiddy stuff now

AF arrived today I suspected I was O'ing a couple of weeks ago, and well... I guess I was! At least I got a couple more months AF-free this time.. it returned at 3 months last time. And yay, it means if I can talk DH into it, we'll be set to TTC when DD is 1! hehe.

Morgan - I had to keep reminding DH that DS would be so much older when the baby is born, and very different. All DH could think of was having 2 babies the same, he kept forgetting just how much the first one would change in the 9 months until the baby came.

I haven't taken Kayla for her 4 month needles yet. woops. Must get onto that. Both kids were sick a couple of weeks ago, so that made me put it off longer too. And I haven't had Kayla weighed or measured either. I should do it.. just because it makes buying clothes easier. LOL. I don't know how long she is, so all the measurements in the clothing doesn't mean anything to me! I've worked out that she needs 00 pants and 000 tops (prolly coz of the cloth nappies that she's up a size in pants).

Hope everyone is well. gotta put DS to bed, catch up soon

Ah I have non sleepers. Jacob and Olivia have both woken the last 3 nights. so tiring.. oh well...

We were shopping today and I had Olivia in the sling. It wasn't hot as such but I noticed she was getting quite sweaty so I thought she might have been getting hot against,, then next minute she started dry heaving and before I had time to get her out she threw up on me. Not heaps. but the poor baby girl was so pale and sweaty. then she fell asleep. I was so worried there was something wrong so we went home and when she woke up she was all fine. Colour back and so were the smiles. I hope she just got a little over heated..

Anyways hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend!!

Hi Bek, it's good to know that there is nothing to worry about re the spews. She is a happy spewer as well so I won't worry. I make sure I elevate her as much as possible after a feed and she practically lives in a bib now (esp with all the drooling as well). I hope everyone gets well soon. I was just wondering yesterday when AF turns up again.

Nic, Monique loves bath time too but I guess she just enjoys floating around. I am sure she will kick around one day. Poor little Olivia, glad that she is back to normal.

Buzzie, way to go Ash! It seems like all the boys we know born within two weeks of Monique are going great guns. Monique is in the 90th percentile for her length and weight. And yes, I am clucky again after having cuddles with my brand new nephew. We are going to try again in December I think as I don't want to leave it much past 35 (next March).

I think Monique has a cold as she has a runny nose. Also, she has weeping eyes but mostly in her left eye. Does anyone know what this is? It isn't red although it was a little puffy today but has settled down. Should I squirt some milk into it? I have massaged the corner of her eye as well in case it is a blocked tear duct. This is the part I am not looking forward to, all the sickness symptoms and not knowing what to do.

I wish AF would just hurry up and get here...I am bloated like a pig, my ovaries hurt, I am emotional and my skin and hair are so oily. Hey sounds like I am pregnant!!! Not....

Little Loren seems to be getting better. I am praying for a decent nights sleep. Between Loren being sick and Sara have night mares I am not getting much sleep at all. No wonder I feel and look like a hag.

Nic - You poor thing re AF...bugger that. Although I do know how you feel, as I had all sorts of issues with AF after Sara was born.

I had Loren weighed at the Doctors and she is just on 6kgs. I will take her to the nurse this week for full measurements etc.

Loren just would not sleep for me today. I wasted most of the day trying to put her to sleep. She was happy enough but I thought she needed more sleep so I spent most of my day taking her in and out of the cot. DH thinks I should just let her be if she is not cranky.

Tinsel - If Monique is getting a cold then she could have conjunctivitis. If the redness does not go down by tomorrow I would be taking her to the doc. It is very common for bubs to get conjunctivitis when they get colds.

Yep I am clucky again. Although since having 2 sick kids for the past 2 weeks I am having my doubts. I really don't know if I could handle any more kids, and I really don't know how many times I want to go through the terrible 2s!!! eeek

At the same time I miss being pregnant and I would love to do that all over again. DH wants to ttc when Loren is one, assuming I got pregnant straight away and I did not miscarry that would mean I would have 3 kids under 4. My other thought would be to leave ttc until Loren is 2 and Sara 4, that way Sara would be going off to school. On the other hand I would not mind going back to uni and getting myself back to work etc and just be happy with 2 kids.

bekz - do uthink the 2 yr gap between ur 2 has worked well for u. ?? - and anyone else with that age gap....
    ive decided to contemplate ttc wen Ash turns 2.

Buzzie - One of my friends always told me to try and leave 2.5 years between kids. Of course I did not listen to her and we had Loren when Sara was 25 months. I now realise my friends logic behing her advice. We had Loren just when Sara was toilet training, she had just given up her bottle and she was just in a big bed. Not to mention that she was not used to walking calmly by my side at shopping nor did she understand many instructions. Sara really was still very much a toddler. Now only 4 months later my little toddler has matured heaps, and she is toilet trained, she'll take instructions (not always),she helps me out and she adores her baby sister. Although the last 4 months have been really busy and tiring trying to deal with a newborn and a toddler in full training mode. I guess you have to decide whether you want Ash to be more independant when bub number 2 comes along. On the other hand my SIL had 3.4 years between her 2 and she seems to think the age gap is too long. If we decided on number 3 we will be ttc when Loren is 2. HTH

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast