Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #14

Hi all,
    Just a quick one...
    Nic- Sorry to hear the little man is sick but glad to hear Olivia is OK It is bloody freezing here too.
    Kitten- you lucky thing, wish I had known about the baby expo!!
    Big long day at work and then tea at the MIL's... why do I do this to myself?? Off to bed- swimming lessons in the morning.
    Night all.

Morgan, Abbey is perhaps slightly better, but still not great. She is still coughing like mad and has a runny nose.

As for Alex, wow, I'm not sure how to deal with it. I would have thought he was a little young to have this sort of issue. iykwim. Maybe just spending some special time together with him, playing cars, or in the yard etc.

Janine, I agree, tell your SIL to go jump !! She obviously has her own issues about breastfeeding, but that's just it. They are her issues. You do what you feel is right. And stick to your guns with the breast. Hopefully bub will get better at taking the bottle for you. But who can blame him for just wanting booby comfort. hun.

Haroula, how is Chrissie going ?

Nic, I hope Jacob is feeling better today, and his spews (from whatever end) have stopped. FIngers crossed Olivia doesn't end up with it. Hoping that Olivia is ok and doesn't have another turn on you too huni

Buzzie, how is Mr Asher going ? Hope he is doing well.

Kts64s, I think it happens once we have that gorgeous little baby that we love so dearly we just want to contiue that feeling by having more babies. Maybe that's why I have 5 of them. LOL. I think you should just go with the flow, don't give yourself a number as such, you will know when the time is right to stop having babies.
    As for the baby weight. I am still carrying some, I hate it. I am back down to a size 12, but my thighs and my hips are still chunky. I have the worse muffin tops. I really do need to do something about it but...... too lazy I guess.

LoriRae, I have found Seda Gel to work that bit better than bonjela for Abbey so if the bonjela isn't cutting it anymore keep it in mind.

Michelle, we are all here for you if you want to talk. Sometimes a problem shared is a problem halved. Even if you feel like it's just something silly, it's beter to have it off your chest and your feeling validated. KWIM ?
    Love your ticker pic of Mirani, she is growing up just gorgeous. Hope the girls get better really soon too.

Louise, half your luck on winning the stroller. Good on you. It's getting damn freezing here. I hate the cold weather. And it's not even winter yet.

As I said above, Abbey is still not back to herself. Not sure if I should go and ask for another chest xray or not.

Went to, actually hosted, my gf's baby shower yesterday, was a nice afternoon. This is her 3rd baby and her 3rd son. She is suffering greatly from gender disappointment so I thought it would be nice to give her a shower (she's never had one before) to try and build up excitement about her little man. Thankfully it seems to have worked, she had a nice afternoon.

My gf and midwife was down for the weekend with her DH (aka Schmickers) and girls. Was great to catch up with them all. Don't envy their drive home last night from here though. It's 6 hours away.

Best be off and get Noah's school clothes ready. I'm sure I'll be back before the day is out.

Oh we have The Wiggles concert tomorrow. How much fun I took Tehy to see them last year and she loved it. We got tickets to the second show, which is about lunch time, but you have to line up outside for ages if you want to get a decent spot, and it's bloody freezing here.

Have a great day girls.

Jacob is feeling better well no more spews but he is in bed asleep.. DH on the floor after a vomit, Ethan in bed now after coming home from school..

Olivia in bed she has a icky nose

me and Isaac are eating bikkies

Trish: Hope tomorrow is warmer for you when you have to line up.. We woke up to cold weather this morning. We set the heater to come on so the house was at least warmish when we got up.. Just hitting 20c now at 11,,

Good morning girls!

Thanks to all of you for your replies re my sister in law’s STUPID comment, you really did make me feel better!

I managed to express 90ml yesterday morning but Jake still wouldn’t have a bar of the bottle even with mummy’s milk in it. I should of tried him with the cup I bought instead of the bottle, maybe will try that tomorrow. Other than that I guess it’s just keep on persevering!!

Kts – I think it’s completely normal to start thinking that you might want more children. At the moment Jake’s enough for me but that’s not to say that I won’t change my mind in a year or 2!! On the baby weight thing, you girls are gonna hate me but I was back to pre-pregnancy weight within 6 weeks. I really put it down to breastfeeding and walking 3 times a week for around half an hour. I am really lucky and don’t take it for granted at all!

Morgan – Don’t for one second think you’re a bad mum!! You’re doing the best you can. It is tough sometimes, but maybe instead of getting tough or yelling when he’s not happy, if you feel yourself getting tense maybe just put him down, walk away for a minute or two and then try again when you are calmer. Babies seem to pick up on your mood, so if you’re not happy then chances are he won’t be either.

Lori – I hear ya on the teething thing! I think Jake’s just about to cut a tooth as well, he’s been so irritable the last few days and just wants to be carried around. His poo was a bit green this morning, which my sister in law (the other nice one!) tells me is a sign of teething as well. Oh well, just gotta ride through it I guess!

Michelle – Hi! Sorry to hear you’re feeling a bit down this week, I can relate to that although I haven’t had pnd. Hope you’re feeling better soon!

Aussienic – glad to hear that Olivia’s doing well but hope that ickey nose doesn’t turn into anything more!

Kitten – glad to hear you had a good weekend, congrats on winning the stroller too, how lucky for you!!

Trish – thanks for your support! Hope that Abbey is feeling better soon, if I were you I’d ask for another xray, if only for your piece of mind if nothing else!

Well, my little man will be waking up soon so better do a little housework before he does!

Talk to you all soon
    xxx

Hi everyone!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!... hope those sick bubbies get better soon and those with teeth cut them today!!

Chrissie is doing great! i weight her a couple days ago and she's 6.8kg now! she's taken real well to solids and opens her mouth real wide if she likes it! makes a real mess when she decides to blow a raspberry and laugh while eating! TOO CUTE! she is still on individual veggies.. and then we'll do fruit after all the veggies are done!

Sleeping real well through the night now from about 7:30pm - 6.30pm and back to sleep until 8ish! Is loving her cot and is even sleeping in it during the day now :woot: not for long... but still using it!

LoriRae: try sweet potato.. Chrissie LOVES it and i mix it with a bit of her milk! she prefers it to pumpkin...

Nic - Hope Olivia is well!

Morgan - take it one day at a time... there was no way you could have known that!

hope everyone else is well..

xx

just added some new pics!

hi all been so busy atm with starting my business and asher teething

michelle - hope things look up for you and its not pnd. we are all here for you remember... vent away if need be

trish - Ash is great - we have eye teeth coming AHHHHHHHH and to make it worse NEEDLES TOMORROW his very late 4mth one.

im gonna weigh him tomorrow.. im guessing its gonna be a 9kg or pretty close to.

hello everyone else sooky mummy going to bed now.....

Hi all,
    I am a domestic goddess!! My house is actually clean- vacumned, floors mopped, dusted and bathrooms are clean, all in one day. And it feels so good!! Have been on the FlyLady sight and felt inspired
    Trish- Yay the Wiggles!! Have fun. I've actually met them a couple fo times through work and they are the nicest guys. Hope it's not too cold for you.

Janine- What bottles are you using? The Tommee Tippee ones (that are supposed to feel like boobs) are pretty good, they worked for us when Ty went off the bottle for a while.

Nic- Is evryone in your house sick?? You poor thing. Where exactly is Boyne Island? Sounds lovely, an island (is it a real island?)

We're off to the clinic to check on Ty's weight tomorrow... fingers crossed.
    Goodnight all

Quote Originally Posted by LoriRae View Post
    Nic- Is evryone in your house sick?? You poor thing. Where exactly is Boyne Island? Sounds lovely, an island (is it a real island?)
    Well we all were except Olivia thankfully.. Poor Isaac and me got the bug about 4 this afternoon.. I not long woke up and figured Olivia is going to wake soon for a feed so going to sit and make sure my tummy is going to stay dodgy free.. misake or not but I am about to have a drink of tea....

and yes Boyne Island is an actual Island seperated from the mainland by 200 metres of water. But there are bridges obviously When I had Ethan one of the midwives was concered I had to get on a boat to go home Oh and we are approx 600km north from Brisbane.. or is it 500km...

Hope everyone is good.. Will do personals tomorrow.

Morning all. Hope you all got some sleep.

Nic, I can see your up nice and early again hun. Seems we both are most days. What a bummer I was hoping the bug would pass you by. Ok, have my fingers crossed that Oliva doesn't get it.

LoriRae, I joined Flylady a while back. Worked for a few weeks for me, and I had the shiniest sink. Then I got lazy again I hope Ty's been gaining weight nicely for you. Don't let that CHN make you doubt your breastfeeding either.

Lauren, tell Asher to be a brave boy oh and an extra for his mummy. Eye teeth are buggars to cut. Don't be suprised if he ends up cutting a different tooth first, eye teeth come up and down for months, and generally don't cut until later. They might give him ear aches too.

Haroula, sounds like Chrissie is growing lovely. And wow at all the sleep your getting. Lucky you.

Janine, good to hear we lifted you, if only a little. Abbey has the green poo, has had it for weeks now. Yummo, it's a buggar to get out of her nappies I tell ya.

Tehya is up and all excited, asking me Are we going to the wiggles or not ?? A bit early and way too cold to go anywhere just yet. Love her enthusiasm though.

Olivia has the bug now. Thankfully only 2 spews so far and is semi happy otherwise..

The rest of us feel fairly decent this morning..

Trish: Have fun at the wiggles..

Just a quick hello from me this morning, Jake's having his morning sleep and I have so much housework to do! He is definitely teething and has been quite hard work the last few days, he won't lay and play by himself, i have to carry him around with me or he'll scream, he's been very out of sorts poor little thing. Hope that toothy peg cuts through soon so we can both have some relief! Has anyone's bubs actually cut a tooth yet?

Aussienic - sorry to hear Olivia's got the bug now, what a bummer!! But glad to hear the rest of you are on the mend.

Trish - Hope you have a great time at the wiggles!

Lori - we have those Tommy Tippee bottles (I think they're called closer to nature?) and he still won't drink from them either... I really am starting to stress now, I wish I didn't have to go back to work but we've just bought a block of land and if we ever want to start building on it I have no choice

Anyway girls, better go, take care and I'll pop back in later

Just another quickie from me

Happy 6 Months Olivia!!
    I can't believe my baby girl is 6 months old.

morning all!

nic - sorry Olivia caught the bug! hope it passes her by quickly!
    WOW 6 months already!! Happy 6 months OLIVIA!

Trish - yeah, has a lot to do with the fact she has started solids i think!!...

LoriRae - isn't it fantastic when you can get everything so clean and it smells nice!..hmmmmm been a while!

Another good nights sleep here... and she's having a nap!! don't know what's going on there!...
    xxx

Happy 6 months Olivia! It goes fast doesn't it? Jake was 5 months old yesterday!

It sure does go fast!

Haroula: Send me some of those sleepy vibes

Happy 5 months for yesterday Jake

Feeling a bit better here this afternoon. tired but better. Olivia seems to only have had the 2 spews and is fine. so cross fingers it stays that way. Only isaac is taking longer to bounce back and has been asleep nearly all day..

Happy 6 months to olivia!!! - geees time flys!!

adkins - i think abbey - trishs bubs - has cut teeth... is that right trish???
    Ash is close but the eye teeth arent gonna be nice when they pop... hes so red and swollen.

Ash was weighed today 9.2kg what a champ lol. I didnt get his needles done as his teeth were giving him a hard time today but ill get my gp to do it tomorrow maybe if hes feeling bit better.

hi to everyone else...

morgan78 Guest

Happy 6 months Olivia & Happy 5 months Jake (for yesterday)

Will try & catch up properly tomorrow as we've had the gastro bug here too. Vicky has been vomiting & diahorrea for 3 days now but Dr said she is fine. I was ill last night & felt like i'd been hit like a truck today so my lovely DP came home early from work today and looked after Alex while i lay in bed with Vicky and got some more sleep.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast