Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #14

Quick one here - Olivia cut her first tooth yesterday!!! She has been pretty good about it, but it might explain the waking and grizzling during the night lately. It is a bottom middle tooth and the one next to it is very close too.

Will catch up better later but glad most mums and bubs seem to be doing well

woo.. Olivia.. Congrats on the tooth.. now sleep again for mummy I bet the next one is through within 2 days.. mine always cut 2 teeth within 2 days of each other

Hi everyone!
    YAY alicia on the first tooth! must look so cute...

Happy 5 months my little man!!!

Hi all,
    Congrats Olivia on the first tooth. Very exciting. We have top ones looking they will break through any day now... white spots on the gums but no actual teeth as yet.
    Nic- how will you get the camper off the island? joking. I am so jealous.
    All very quiet in here today. Ty only just woke up for a feed after being asleep for FOUR HOURS!!!! Some kind of record. I'm amazed.
    Night all

morgan78 Guest

Hi everyone...I have been keeping up with everyones posts but with all of us being sick and "normal" routinues thrown out the window this is probably the first time i've had to sit down while not being asleep. Looks like the gastro bug has gone now Vicky slept thru the night last night for the first time since last Sunday but Alex now has a cold and was unsettled all night as his poor little nose is all stuffed up and he discovered that he couldn't suck his thumb & breathe at the same time Currently Alex is asleep on the lounge room floor and has been since 12 & DP is asleep in bed with Vicky ahhhh the serenity

Trish - Vicky isn't having any solids and she's not showing any signs of being anywhere near ready. Is Abbey better now?
    Buzzie - Happy 5 months to Asher
    LoriRae - Ty - what a lovely thing to do for mummy.
    Nic - Hope you are all feeling better now.

To everyone else hi, hope you & bubs are well and have a great weekend

Hi everyone,
    so sorry I've been out of the loop for a while - things have been getting on top of me a little - I'm the other one in LoriRae's mummy's group whose baby doesn't sleep thru. So glad to know we're normal... Been reading Elizabeth Pantley's no-cry sleep solution & her comment it that it's a bit weird that altho most babies don't sleep thru just yet, they're classed as the 'bad' ones with the problem!!!
    I haven't been able to keep up with everyone's posts, but promise to do so from now on.
    Just to throw a comment into the mix, we tried solids, but after 2 days DD was like 'whatever' on the rice cereal & BM. I think the cheeky monkey didn't want it because of the BM which she won't take in ANYTHING but the BB. I made it up one day on water, but how BORING. will wait another week or so & mix with sweet potato.
    Hey Janine, know what you mean about the bottle. We've tried everything, including the Lindam one you can release the pressure with, & DD just won't play ball. This despite taking a bottle from around 3 wks old. We're trying the cup thing, which she is getting used to, however, she doesn't like the milk from it, just the water. My situation's not so serious as yours as I'm only working 1 day & DH will be able to bring DD to my work for a lunch time feed now we have our car back...
    Dunno if you'll have better luck with a cup? There's a good Heinz Baby Basics one with a soft spout (no ouchies) or we're using a tiny tupperware container (about the same size as a medicine cup, only softer plastic). Good luck.
    Congrats everyone on all the wonderful things your babies are doing. Hope everyone gets a good sleep tonight. We're going out to dinner (gasp) so am hoping DD stays asleep for the MIL. If not, cuddles never hurt anyone!

hi everyone,

looks like the sick bugs are everywhere this week.

Mirani got over her cold but this morning after her morning feed she decided that she wasnt going to go back to sleep and projectiled all over the lounge room floor.
    and after she had finally settled down and taken a nap i tried her on some food and then she pro'd again all over herself. by that time it was only 9.30am!
    so she has been a monkey baby this morning, and while dp took the other 2 girls out not long ago, mirani was calm and i thought that i'd give her half a bottle to see how she'd go, she took the bottle but when she sat up for a burp, projectile all over my leg and the floor again. now she's sleeping, but i dont know for how long. dp has just dropped off some panadol for her as she feels a bit warm too.

me on the other hand, am feeling pretty emotionally and mentally f***ed up. all i wanted this morning is for her to take her bottle, have a burp and go back to sleep so i could. i feel so over children right now. and am so glad that dp took tia and leesh to toys r us and away from me. this morning all i could do was cry or laugh, and i did both. she is so unsettled and grumpy and does nothing but cry and scream when she's awake. i'm hoping that tomorrow will be a new day....

re solids: we've started her on them, she loves it and cant get enough. atm she's having solids maybe twice a day. loves sweet potato and pears. (not mixed together!).

take care,

those of u on solids now, have you noticed changes to ur bubs, ie - sleeping, tummy issues, behavour?? im VERY curious to know........

Smile

RE: Changes in Bubs on solids.

My little girls has been on solids for about a week or so. We've done the rice cereal, althgouh now she has had apple, pumpkim, carrot and zuccini the plain cereal is a definate no go - to plain I am sure. So far so good. She nearly crash tackles me when she sees the bowl and spoon.

She has still been sleeping through although I might say her days sleeps have been slightly shorter maybe a hour in the morning and still two int he afternoon, with some days 45min nap in the afternoon too, but not always.

Interested to hear what everyone else is going through though.

Just one thing on the sippy cups. Should I be trying her with it with just water? Does any one give their bub formula in it? My little bub does hold her bottle quite well and has been doing for some months.

Hope everyone has a good night!

Hi all,
    Jus- Good to see you back on here. You sound a bit cheerier, hoping Ella is being 'good' for you I'm here if you need me Wow- going out for dinner how exciting, good on you guys We managed to go a movie tonight- my best friend came and babysat. It was great.
    Michelle- The sleep deprivation gets you every time. to you too.
    Buzzie- No real change here with the solids. A few more poos than before (we were only getting one every three or four days) but that's it. I'm keeping it as more of a 'play' thing at the moment, just to let him try new tastes and textures, and less of a nutrition thing ykwim?
    kts- they recommend trying a sippy cup from 6 months for orthodontic reasons, and speech therapists recommend trying them from 4 months. I'm pretty sure you can do formula in them too (but I'm definately no expert on that).
    Work again for me tomorrow. Guilty as a feel about leaving Ty, it is nice to be out in the real world for a few hours... I used to come home to escape, these days I leave it... who knew being a mum would be so hard and ultimately very lonely? Although I've made a stack of new firends too. I actually ran into a girl who I went to school with the other day and stood talking to her about our babies for a good half hour... more words spoken than in the four years we were at school together. Go figure.
    Night all.
    Last edited by Lolli; May 24th, 2008 at 11:19 PM. Reason: To get the hug icon right!

just a quickie.. We decided to head to my sisters on Friday instead of Saturday just so we could camp for 2 nights We were going to stay in a cabin for the one night but went friday instead

Olivia seemed to enjoy her first camping trip.. Little disappointing as it was in a Van Park but it was camping all the same. We got a powered site so we had a heater on at night toasty...

My Nephews christening was on yesterday so thats why we were out that a way..

anyways. I think i have a upper resp infection as I am needing my asthma meds every 1-2 hours for the first time in over a year.. so off to the Drs tomorrow..

boys are getting better. Jacob and Isaac have thier up and down moments and Ethan is ok but is starting to complain of a sore ear now..

oh and Olivia has her pead appointment on Thursday, we were able to get her in when Isaacs appointment was thankfully as she is heavily booked and it would have been a few more weeks

anyways.. night night ladies and babies...

Hi all, I've found my way back in here finally! Sounds like lots of you have been unwell , I've had DH home sick for half of last week and Kyla has still got this awful cough hanging on. Gabe has also been a bit out of sorts too.
    Otherwise, not much has happened here, no teeth, no solids, just boobie for my boy at the moment. Although, I am finding it more and more difficult to feed him - he is so distracted by EVERYTHING, he is such a sticky beak, plus he wont feed in public if its a bit noisy.
    Trish- Gabe hasn't started on solids yet. I have let him have a taste of a few things a while ago, but thought he seemed a bit irritable afterward so decided to hold off a bit. I tried to look at the link you posted but couldn't get in? How are you going hun?
    Lauren- It was great to meet you and Asher today and the BB center

Carrie, sorry to hear that you've had a sick household too. Seems we're all catching sickness of one kind or another. I fixed that link up, but will put it here for you so you don't have to go looking for it Why our children shoud face rearward

Abbey is so hard to feed too, I swear I nearly need to put blinkers on her. It's so hard with other little kids around. She wants to sticky beak all the time.

Nic, sounds like you all had a great weekend away. Sorry to hear that your getting sicker. Be sure to see the Dr hun, you know how fast asthma can turn on you. Good to hear that the boys are getting better for you though.

LoriRae, isn't it funny how having kids opens up a whole new world of people to you. Hope you have a good day at work.

Michelle, huni. I so wish I was near you to give you a hand and make you a cuppa. Yummo on all that spew. Sounds like great fun, not ! Sounds like she is definatley coming down with something. Babies don't jsut spew like that for no reason. Perhaps you should take both of you to the Dr's today, you need a long chat and while there's prob nothing to be done for Mirani other than plenty of fluids it's still good to get her checked out. Another hug for good measure.

Jus, if I join your mothers group there will be 2 of us whose babies don't sleep through. I miss my 6 week old baby who would sleep through nearly every night. Since this sickness and teeth have hit we've been having shocking nights. I was up atleast 5 tims last night

Morgan, thanks for asking after Abbey. She is doing much better, but still has a bit to go before she is clear. Her chest is still rattling and she still coughs or spews up green, but atleast she's getting it up. She sounds like an old smoker in the morning hacking up her lungs. I can hear her awake in bed atm laughing and talking, and coughing. Poor bub.
    How is Alex doing ? I hope he is feeling better. Good to hear that the gastro has left your house too.

Lauren, happy 5 months to Asher. Hope he is doing well.

Alicia, woohoo on the tooth. Looks like our little girls are the toothy bubs. I love Abbey's new smile, it's like she smiles just to show off her teeth, too cute.

Hi to everyone else, hope you and your bubbies are all going well.

Happy 6 Months to Abbey
    Can't believe she is 6 months old already.

Had Abbey back at the Dr's on Friday for a check up, her lungs are getting clearer so thats a good thing. Dr told me that if I feel she is getting worse to give her the redipred so her lungs aren't further damaged. Trying to ward off it doing permanent damage for her

Took the kids out to the pub yesterrday. LOL. Sounds nice hey, they had a hot rod show on there. Noah was in love. Must say there were some gorgeous cars there. Took some pics of them for the boys. Tehya doesn't mind them either.
    Best go, Abbey has been awake in bed now for about 20 minutes. I figure she is happy enough so I'm not rushing to get her up. Bet she's been in there doing a poo.

Oh, gave Abbey a try of some rice cereal last night. The Bellamys organic one, put a little boiled water in it and some apples and she loved it. She cried when I wasn't fast enough at getting the spoon into her mouth. Little pig.

Any yes, I was bored
    Last edited by Trish; May 26th, 2008 at 06:48 AM.

Smile

Hey Girls! I hope evrone's night was ok. Poor Trish my little one has been sick for about three weeks too and although she is gettinng better she hd gone from great sleeper to a terrible one.

Fingers crossed all the Bubs get real better real soon.

Trish: I too use the Bellamys organis rice cereal along with their formula also. I love the idea that I am putting the least ammpunt of crap into my babies system. There is plenty of time for them to do that to themselves later. I have also found a organic delivery service for my fruit and vege which is great as the likes of Coles and Woolies have limited variety of organic fruit and Vege.

I'd like to hear from anyone else who is using organic or just has thoughts on it. Is it a waste of money? Is there any real difference? Iw ould like to think so.

Off to the shops today to buya sippy cup, wish me luck last week I looked and there were so many it got too hard and I didn't buy any.

Have a good day !!

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Any yes, I was bored
    LMAO Trish. Get some sleep woman!

Well, I DID get some sleep last night, and don't know myself this morning! Kayla slept from.. (not sure when) around 9-ish probably, until 2.30, and then I woke up to her talking to herself at about 7.30! woo! Tallon clambered into our bed about 5am, but we all went straight back to sleep, so I won't count that

It made a lovely change from all those teething nights. Oh, can't remember if I said it here, but Kayla has actually cut two teeth at the bottom, not one. Which is a good thing! Just waiting for them to come up now.. but geez they're sharp - and she chomps down on me sometimes - ouchies!

DH is home on holidays this week.. so I can expect my whole routine (not that I have one... but still) to be thrown out every day. I should be happy to have him home I know, but he gets in the way of how I do things through the day LOL.

Ciao everyone!

Hi girls, sorry I’ve been MIA the last week but I got the bug too, like a flu but throwing up too, wasn’t nice but I’m on the mend and so far Jake hasn’t caught it, touch wood!!

Lori – Thanks for the advice, my husband says that too, if he’s hungry enough he’ll eat, I just stress a bit too much I think!!

We gave Jake some custard for the first time yesterday and the little bugga ate the whole tin!! (that’s probably not a good thing but we just couldn’t get it away from him!) he’d cry if we didn’t shovel it in fast enough!! Was really cute and I feel a little better as so far that’s the only thing he’s eaten, he absolutely hates farex!

Jas – bf definitely helps with immune system I think, Jake has been around so many viruses and so far has not caught one!!

Aussienic – Jake hates the cereal too so I don’t give it to him! He’s also a hungry little bugga and is feeding every 2-3 hours, that’s why we introduced a bit of solids. We probably did the wrong thing by offering custard before any type of vegetable, but to be honest I’m just glad he’s eating something, it’s now only 4 ? weeks til I have to go back to work and he’s still not taking a bottle or cup. Just do what you think is right!! Where are you going for your first trip in your camper trailer? I’m jealous, one day we’ll have one lol!!

Alicia – congrats to Olivia on cutting her first tooth, we’re still waiting for Jake to cut his. He’s got really rosy cheeks, hot and lumpy gums but can’t see any white bits yet!

Morgan – glad to hear you’re all on the mend

Jus – glad to hear I’m not the only one with the bottle/cup problems! We’ll get there eventually!!

Michelle – I hear ya on the mental thing and I only have Jake!! Sometimes its like all I want to do is sit on the couch and have just 20 minutes to myself, but it doesn’t often happen and Jake’s been a monster lately, although the last 2 days he’s been much happier. I just feel like I’m a mum and a wife but I’m not me anymore IYKWIM? Anyway that’s my little rant for the day and I feel a little better!

Trish – that’s great to hear that abbey’s lungs are clearing up!!

Kts – how did you go about finding the organic delivery service? I’d be interested to know the cost involved as well, sounds great!!

Liz – yay on getting some sleep, it really does change your whole outlook on life when you’re not walking around like a zombie!!

Well, that’s enough from me for now, sorry if I missed anyone, there was so much to catch up on!!

Catchya all soon
    xxx

Trish- I'm glad to hear that Abbey's chest is clearing, hopefully there will be not lasting effects though. Is this a one off thing or is she prone to chest problems? How cute with her rice cereal, sounds like there will be no turning back now

kts64s- Goodluck buying the sippy cup, ikwym, I hate too much choice. I stand for ages at the shops trying to decide what toothbrush to buy, i hate it! I don't know a lot about organic food, but at the BB center opening yesterday I got a little show bag with an advert for Belmore Biodynamic Meats, an online organic meat shop. If you want a look just type in organicmeatsupply with a dot com dot au

I haven't given Gabe anything bit BM yet, should I be giving him water in a sippy cup?

ETA:
    Liz- Woohoo on your good sleep! I find that when I actually get a good sleep, then the next day I'm more tired...probably because my body has finally got to relax ikwym with Dh being home, I feel like I get nothing done!

Janine- Sorry you have been sick, but glad for you that Jake didn't catch it. Go Jake with his custard - always a favorite I found! I hope that he sorts himself out a bit for you over the next few weeks before you go back to work.
    Last edited by Carrie; May 26th, 2008 at 10:26 AM.

Hi everyone,

Well Nic you were right about the second tooth coming through quickly. It is up this morning so now my little girl has 2 teeth on the bottom in the middle. She is growing up way to quickly for my liking!

Melbourne Meet Up - Lauren and I were discussing having another Melb girls meet up sometime soon. Maybe at the Aquarium? So Haroula, Rory, Carrie and any other Melb/Vic girls let me know if you are interested and we will organsise a day.
    Last edited by alicia; May 26th, 2008 at 11:11 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast