Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #14

happy 5 months jake and happy 6 months olivia
    Nic- that island of yours sounds pretty cool. lmao at image of you with tiny swaddled baby cruising home on boat hope you all feel better soon. Crossing fingers that Olivia sticks to those two spews and that's it.
    Janine- no teeth here as yet but i can see the top two front ones through the gums, they are so close to coming through. We get white dots under the gums every now and then and then the go back up again. But gummy is cute so that's ok with me. I know this might sound awful, but bubs will not starve himself... if he gets hungry enough he will take the bottle, or a cup.. might get himself into a proper strop before he does it though!
    Went to clinic today and just used the waiting room scales without actually seeing the CHN. I shouldn't have worried so much- Ty has put on 400 gms in a week (little pork chop is making up for the last month I think). We are almost at 7 kilos. Yay!! The magic boobie milk is working still. And we're trying potatoes tomorrow (still not having much luck with the pumpkin).
    Put Ty down at six, half hour before his bath time, because he didn't get much sleep today, thinking he'd just do his cat nap thing and wake up again. Miracously, he is still asleep. Which means he'll probably be bouncing off the walls at 5am tomorrow morning *sigh*
    Good night all

Hi girls, sorry i havent been around much. Ethan still has his cold and is not a very happy bubby with it. He is doing well and growing but still not to the magic 9kg mark so i can turn his seat. I dont want to turn it early incase someone runs into us but he is so long he is starting to look uncomfortable in it.
    Janine - hope i spelt your name right. Stick to your guns. With my 3rd bub i fed him until he was 11 months it doenst hurt them. I have a friend who bf until her boy was 2. I think it helps with their immune system. Either way you decide to go it is ultimately your decision and they should respect that.
    Someone was asking about solids - Ethan has had some rice ceral, potato, pumpkin, apples and custard. I try to make his food myself but not having a micowave yet i make it as we have tea for the next day. I keep a supply of jar food as well - mainly golden cirlce for no particular reason - just incase i run out or dont get a chance to cook this way he has a variety of things to try.
    Morgan - hope vicky gets better soon. That horrid gastro bug is no fun.
    Everyone else hope your bubs are well and will catch up soon

Aah woops - a new thread and I didn't realise! no wonder I get left behind!

Nic - hope your household is all better now.

Trish - is Abbey getting better? Poor little chook.

Well, we are slowly but surely cutting a tooth. I can feel the sharp edge now. Think she's suffered with it a bit, poor baby. We had our belated 4 mth needles yesterday (woops LOL). Think that upset her tum a bit last night. My poor tortured child. LOL. Tho it was funny, she smiled after her needles - what the?? What baby does that?? hehehe.

Well, I think Tallon is officially weaned. It wasn't the heartbreaking experience I thought it would be. He was very attached to it. But I guess he's at an age where he understands that when he fed it made mummy sore, and now we say he's a big boy, and milk is for babies like Kayla. He does still ask for it, but we kinda just playfully say "noooooooo.. Tallon doesn't need mummy's milk!" and he's fine. I have moments of regret for weaning him, but he really was losing the knack for feeding.. he wasn't sucking properly, and his teeth would leave a big mark. Must admit I kinda liked telling people that he was still feeding LOL. Well.. I'll just have to try and tandem feed Kayla with #3 (hehe if I can talk DH into it that is!!).

No solids here yet.. and TBH i don't think I can be bothered for a while yet. I'm supposed to wait until corrected 6 months.. so that's another 4 weeks or so. She does eagerly watch me eat tho hehe. Aah well, I'll torture her for a little while longer yet

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their bundles

Janine, Abbey has 2 teeth. She cut them (bottom middle ones) within a week of each other at the beginning of May so she was just over 5 months old. She now has her top teeth coming down.

Nic, Happy 6 Months to Olivia. These bubbas are growing up soooo fast. Hoping you and the rest of your house is on the mend and the spews have eased up for you all.

Haroula, hush now, you don't want to jinx yourself. Enjoy it while your getting it

Lauren, WTG on Ash's weight. He is going fantastically. Is his dad a bigger guy ? Don't blame you for not getting his needles done while he's not feeling well. for little Asher.

Morgan, sorry to hear you guys have the gastro bug too. I am so glad we can't catch it through this computer. So many people are down with it. Touch wood we are going ok so far.

LoriRae, woohoo on Ty's catch up. See nothing to stress about at all Hope he slept well for you lastnight after his big afternoon sleep.

Jas, don't be in too much of a hurry to turn Ethan's seat around. He still won't have proper control and he is still too young to turn around. Just my personal opinion of course. Tehya wasn't turned around until she was 12 months old, and Abbey will be the same. There are a few threads on here about holding out turning around bub, one with a great clip to watch. It is a real eye opener. If I can find the page I will link it for you. Why our children should face rearward video

Is Abbey the only bub that hasn't started solids yet ? She had a rusk the other day that she chewed and made so much mess with. That's what happens when they have teeth to sink into it.

The Wiggles was good. Tehya was a sooky la la again. Sat on my lap with her hands over her ears crying that it was too loud, while Abbey curled up in my gf's arms and slept through most of it.

Abbey had a shocker of a night but is in bed sleeping nicely now. Typical, I have to get her up soon for swimming. I hate disturbing her sleep in the day, means I have less chance of her having a good afternoon sleep when I do.

Liz, sorry we were posting at the same time. I left mine open while I hung the washing out. LOL. Poor little Kayla, I hope she is feeling ok today. So obviously your baby gets off on pain You did a great job feeding Tallon hun. But I do also understand your upset and weaning him, I was the same with Tehya even though we hadn't planned to wean as such. I KWYM about enjoying telling ppl your still feeding too. It sure is somethign to be proud of. Understand the not being bothered with solids too, it's just such a PITA, I never express and hate that I have to for rice cereal. I can't just make it on water, that is just yuck.

Abbey is still sick, still coughs like made and has a heap of unk on her chest. I do think though that she is slowly, very slowly, getting better. She had a few temps over the weekend though but not sure if that is from her teeth or from her bronchilitis still.
    Last edited by Trish; May 26th, 2008 at 06:13 AM. Reason: replying to Liz and addind a link. Fixing my link

Trish - I don't even bother expressing for cereal! LOL. i agree that making it with water is yuck.. I usually used a bit of water and then added a watery fruit, like pear or apple to it. So Tallon hardly ever had plain cereal. Do you go straight to finger foods? I was thinking about doing it with Kayla, but I dunno... I'll probably still prepare some mushed up food for her. I probably won't puree it as much as I did for Tallon tho. But I will let her play with finger foods much earlier.

Just had to pop in here & say hi to aussienic - Wow Olivia is SO big!! I saw your ticker in another thread & didn't realise who it was! Her hair is very similar to Punky's when it's like that, mind you, the only time Punky's isn't standing straight up in the air is when she's in the bath!

Hi all,
    Trish- Glad you posted that link, I was going to go looking for it to post for Jas. It is one scary video. Ty is staying rearward for as long as possible.
    Liz- Smiled after her needles?? Ty got so hysterical it took me half hour to calm him down- even the boob didn't help.
    Had a bad night here lasty night- up every two hours on the dot to feed. I think the little man was a bit out of wack- by the time he woke up, it was late and he just wanted to go back to sleep and was really cracking it when I turned on the light so didn't get his bath and massage. Same thing tonight, but that's my fault cause I left at 6:30 to play netball.So it will be another morning bath tomorrow and another bad night tonight *sigh*
    We tried sweet potato today and that went down much better than pumpkin. In three days we'll do potato, then I'm going to stew some apples to go with his rice cereal. Such fun!
    Hmmm. Nic hasn't posted today, hoping Olivia is ok...
    Night all

Trish - Ash isnt on solids yet either. Im gonna wait till hes 6 months. Im the only one in my mothers group who hasnt yet and they couldnt believe it. Im not in a rush. i know everything will start to change once he starts so i can wait one more month.

hope everyone has a good day. brrrrr tis sooooo cold here today..

woops I'm here. I had a post ready to go yesterday but got sidetracked and then just closed the page lol.. We are all on the mend. Thankfully Olivia didn't get sick

We took the boys to the Drs yesterday and Ethan and Isaac have throat infections. Jacob is fine just a viral tummy bug. But last night was vomit free I have the festiest lip I get the occassional cold sore but my whole bottom lip is blistery I feel so gross, never had it this bad before *pity party over*

Solids question ~ I am unsure if Olivia is ready or not. She is sleeping just the same. Only waking once at the moment though which I think is fairly normal for this age anyways. But day time she seems so hungry all the time. I swear I am feeding her every 2 hours or less sometimes. I was hoping to hold off till the pead saw her.. suggestions? should I hold off for another week or so? or will it not really effect anything if I offer rice cereal? which brings me to my next question.. Do you have to start on rice cereal? none of my kids have liked it but I always offer it first as thats what I thought you were supposed to

We started putting our camper trailer together so we just have to get some latches cus the ones we bought aren't right..

Hope everyone is doing well..

Abbey hope you are feeling better,

nic- i heard its good to start on rice cereal cos it so bland and easier from them to get used to foods as a 'basic' start. but like u said not all bubs like it so i would try it for a couple days and if she hates it just start ur own stuff????

Nic I've heard it's not necessary to give rice cereal first up. Just mushed up avocado or something is a good first food. It's up to you tho. As I said before I rarely gave plain cereal, it was always mixed with pureed apple or something. There's no way I could eat it, so why would I give it to my baby? hehe. They're so used to tasty booby juice, plain rice cereal would be yuck! What an introduction to food! LOL.

I wish Kayla was only waking once at night. When people count the amount of times the baby wakes.. when do they count from? Kayla tends to go down properly quite late.. around 10pm. By 'properly' I mean it's the time she goes to sleep and if she wakes after that, it's only for a feed.. she doesnt' want to play at all. Then she'll wake once or twice between then and 6.30am. But if I were to count from 7pm.. gosh she'd up about a dozen times LOL.

Liz: Olivia goes down around 7:30 and wakes between midnight and 2 depending on how she slept during the day. the last few nights she has gone back to bed within half an hour. Last week she was waking 2 times and staying awake for ages.. I hope this new pattern stays..

So should I start with solids before seeing the pead? I mean she is healthy otherwise and I will wait for this tummy bug to leave our house completly so it is still going to be at least middle of next week before I start..

No idea really Nic. If you're worried about starting her on them before seeing the paed, there's certainly no harm in waiting. They don't have to start solids at 6 months. Personally I don't really see how solids would be a problem, but if you're unsure, just wait. That's my completely non-medical opinion! LOL.

Nic - I waited for Sofia until the Paed had seen her as she was only 5 months corrected. Now she is on rice cereal and BM and today gave her stewed apple as well - this little girl scruched her face up with the apples.

Hi all,
    Nic- Glad to hear you're all on the mend. With the solids, I don't think there is any harm in waiting a bit longer. Some posts in the feeding threads say they didn't start their bubs until 8 months or so, so I don't think an extra couple of weeks will hurt (although the powers that be do say that waiting till 8 or 9 months can delay speech developement- not sure how that works). With the rice cereal, I was told that it gets the digestive system used to solid foods because it's easy to digest. And there are very few people in the world allergic to rice, so your risk of an allergic reaction is next to nil.
    Liz- Ty is no where near sleeping through the night, he wakes up a stack of times- like you, I have given up on counting how many times. Luckily it's only to feed, but after going down at 7ish he feeds every two or three hours until 7am. During the day we feed every two hours, some days it's every hour and a half *sigh*. Out of my mum's group, there are only two of us who are still doing night feeds, and all the bubs are roughly the same age. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong sometimes, especially when people ask 'is he a good baby? Does he sleep through?' as opposed to being a 'bad' baby who wakes up!! I know it's normal for them to feed at night up until 8 months, but the people who tell me I've started a 'bad habit' drive me nuts.
    Well, that's my pity party for today!
    Not much going on here, it's bloody cold though. Hope you all had a good day

LoriRae - Tallon fed through the night until about 15 months - BAD BABY! lmao. Bah to all those sleeping babies - they're just sleeping coz they've got nothing else to do - our babies wanna be awake and play and learn!

that must mean Maria was a bad baby as well - she fed through the night until about18 months as well. Sofia still wakes at least twice as well but because she is next to me I don't completely wake up.

ok made a decision on the solids. I am going to wait. she is still sleeping at night but feeding more through the day and seems satisfied enough so I figure it might be a growth spurt..

Anyways Our camper trailer is all set up and ready to go.....once we are all well

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast