Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #3

I have a cranky Olivia here too Nic. She has been murmuring and grizzling all morning.

morning ladies!

Again there's so much i've missed!!

Ali - congrats on you nephew!!

Welcome to all the newbies!! And congratulations on your bubs!!

Roryrory
    - well i THINK so!.... This week will make first trips in car alone with bubs! ..... a little nervous, but i don't know why since i'm the one who usually puts her in and out of car seat etc! LOL hmmmm wood fired pizza! YUMMOO!!! have you got an oven in the back yard?

Alicia - hope all is well!

re alcohol! - in Greece they encourage BF women to drink a beer or two a day.. apparantly helps with milk production and let down! hahaha i love it... i so want a Canadian Club and lemonade!!

Well all your bubs seem to be starting to sleep well!! I'm still up at 11ish pm, 3ish am and 6ish am... hmmm am hoping she will soon start sleeping through the 3am feed.... that's the one that really kills me.. i fall asleep while feeding her..not good!

The last two days we've had some rockets! Rocket is the name that DH and I have called Chrissie's spews! She always tends to dribble out some milk if we put her down soon after a feed.... but yesterday she let out one of these rockets.. they shoot out at great speed and are a cheesy kinda texture...?!?! any ideas on what we can do to stop this??? Was wondering whether it was normal or whether she had a tummy cold or something, is she eating to much... she did it again today and when she does, it involves new clothes for me and her!!

Apart from that, so far so good! We have a little bit of wind in the evening before her 11ish pm feed, but then all is well usually!

hope everyone is doing well!!

xxx

Ahhh Haroula, welcome to the spews. Abbey has been doing a few of them lately too. I think it sounds like a touch of reflux, esp with the force they come out with. Same as Abbey. Looks like curdled milk hey.

Remember that there are a few older babies in here hun. That is more than likely why they are seemingly sleeping better. We have been through all those wake ups already. Chrissie will get there soon too.

And what's it matter if you dose off during feeds. I put Abbey onto the boob then fall right back to sleep with her there. She takes her mouth off when she's finished, LOL.

Nic, I have a 7 year gap between Brandon and Noah. OMG it was like starting all over again. I had gotten used to going out, being able to have late nights and peeing and showering on my own. Noah was a hard baby too, so it was a real smack back to reality for me.

Alicia, I hope Olivia setttles today for you.

Today is much cooler here. Was 37 degrees yesterday and today it's supposed to get to 22 degrees tops. Was hoping it was going to get me a more settled baby, but I'm not so sure. Atleast I got a shower in though. WOOHOO for one small step.

Hi Girls,
    I thought i would come and introduce myself, (although i know quite a few of you from TTC and BB threads) I've got a 5 1/2 week old boy called Jye he was born on 7th December, i haven't logged on to BB for ages. Things are going ok so far although every few nights we have trouble getting him down to sleep - once he is asleep though he sleeps really well, we're off to see someone about this on Thursday so hopefully we can fix it.
    Look forward to chatting to you all again and getting to know the other ladies

Trish - yep sure does! yuck! poor thing! Is there anything you can give them... or it just passes with time??

Yeah i know.... we've been lucky so far with the sleeping! LOL i shouldn't complain!!

Boo
    - woohooooo have missed you!! Good to hear things are going oK! Hope you are feeling well! hopefully you can resolve the sleep issue!

I'm so sorry! I havent been able to keep up with everything again and logged on today to find that there are 4 pages to catch up on.

Today is my first day flying solo as Tony is back at work today and everything is going very well. We went for a walk at 7am and Fraser fell asleep straight away in the pram and has only woken once since then for a feed and back to sleep again. I feel quite confident now with his sleeping/feeding routine so I hope it stays that way.

Boo - Welcome! It has been so long since we have heard from you so it is nice to have you back. Great that everything is going well for you. Good luck with the sleeping. I know if Fraser isnt fully asleep when we put him down he wakes back up in a few minutes time.

ok ladies, have added some new pics to the gallery!

nice to see you Dayl!!! glad all is going well!!

xxx

LOL thanks for the comments Trish and Nic!.. She makes some cute faces, but i have yet to capture those on camera~!....will have to make more of an effort!

PS. does anyone drink any coke??.... was wondering if it would keep bubs awake if i had a glass, really craving it!

xxx

I have had a few glasses of coke lately. TBH I think you'd have to drink a whole heap for it to have that sort of reaction to bub.

ETA Haroula, Abbey is shocking with the dummy now too. She did take it briefly but very rarely now. She gags on it.
    Last edited by Trish; January 14th, 2008 at 12:41 PM.

yeah is interesting.... Chrissie has taken the dummy only twice.... sometimes she gags on it too! and most of the time she just spits it out!... oh well! I guess it's a good thing...kinda!

I drink way to much coke :blush: but I drink zero. not that it has any less caffiene tho

Well missy must hate me being on here.. She has been nicely settled for a swhile so I thought I would jump on here and as soon as I sat down with it she started,, Might be night night time

Dayl: hope your first solo day goes smoothly

hi all,

welcome to all the new mums and bubs that are here.

bron: dont let you hubby make you feel bad for needing a cry. we all do it at some point. i had a touch of pnd with my other 2 so i was crying 75% of the time. this time round DP has been alot more supportive so it doesnt happen again.

Mirani's gotten a bit of a rash on her face and body which i first thought was a hormone rash, but its not like little pimples like a hormone rash would be. its like little bumps everywhere. i have booked her in to see the gp on thursday. my usual dr is on holidays so i'm waiting till she gets back before i make an appointment for myself.

Tia and Alisha are doing well. i think being home is starting to get to them. hopefully a sleepover at grandma's sometime next week will fix them.

Wow things move fast in here.

I think coke would be ok. Like Trish said you'd have to drink a whole heap of it to affect bubs.

Boo - Hi!!!!! Congratulations on your little boy!!

Nic - I think Kai is the same about BB. I get on here and as soon as I start typing he starts crying.

Well yesterday things didn't improve for me. Kai just wouldn't settle. He'd go to sleep in our arms and as soon as we'd put him down he'd scream the house down. Was so upsetting. DP finally realised why I was mad/upset and he rang his family and told them not to come over. I was so happy, but i still didn't get any sleep. Last night I did manage to get him to sleep (and in his bed as well ) but he'd only sleep for 2 hours at a time.

So because my normally cruizy baby who would self settle and sleep for 4 hours at a time was so obviously in pain and something was up, being a first time mum I took him to the dr this morning. I just wanted to rule out reflux. Well he has reflux, but the dr doesn't seem to think its too bad, so I've just been told to keep him upright for 30 mins after a feed and raise one end of his bed. The dr said his main problem is colic. So now i'm trying everything to get the wind out of him. Poor little thing.

Well, he is laying in his bouncer fighting sleep, but not crying, so i'm going to head off and have a sleep myself.

cool! COKE! yummo....

Michelle - hmm i hope Mirani is ok!

Bron - Am thinking, Chrissie may have a little reflux too... sometimes she's sleeping so peacefully and then she lets out this cry and you go over there and she's all squished up and bright red.. she doesn't burp very easy either and i do everything to try get that air out! She doesn't cry though....not much... a little whiny though. I hope that Kai settles for you.. poor little thing!

Darn, Chrissie just woke up and now she got hiccups! she was only asleep about 15min!! .... it hasn't been the best day.... i hope that doesn't mean we'll have a bad night!!! arg!

hey, does anyone know of a good hand wash that doesn't dry out the skin!?! with all the hand washing that goes on now with Chrissie, my hands are so rough and dry!..

xxx

Michelle: being home all the time has gotten to my kids as well.. I hope ou work out what Mirani's rash is

Bron: Glad the visitors didn't come shame you didn't get a nap though. they all go through that wake sleep routine. Can be so frustrating. Glad the reflux isn't too bad

Haroula: You enjoy that coke I am right now.. As for hand wash.. not sure.. Mine have just settled down now after 8 weeks of constant scrubbing.. so it might just take time. I do use Olivias bath wash most of the time and I moisturize when I find my hands are getting to dry..

Well Olivia must have had a tummy ache. She was ok but all she wanted was to lay on her tummy. So I put her on the floor next to me and rubbed her back for a while and she went to sleep only to wake a few minutes later and then after doing that a few times she farted and farted and has now been sleeping sundly for 2 hours..

I am thinking Af is going to show up any day. It started poking its head thru the other day but went away again but man am I cranky I am getting plenty of sleep ect but I just feel foul.. Maybe not enough of nookie

nic - hahaha for the nookie... well i'm still bleeding from the birth... so there's no nookie here!! DH keeps bugging me for some attention, but i tell him he aint getting none if i can't get none!...

yeah i been moisturizing too, guess my skin just has to get used to it...will try Chrissie's bath wash like you suggested!

Chrissie had a tummy ache too... cause she was all grizzly and i picked her up and held her in our "let it rip honey, it's ok" position, one leg hitched up, she let out the hugest fart with some poo... twice and now she has settled back to sleep!... poor darlings!

I so hope my AF don't show up until i stop BF!!! well it has to stop before it can start! i'm sick of changing these pads!!

sorry TMI!!

xxx

I was so sick of of changing pads so I went to tampons but I figure I had a c/s so it was ok. i did it last time too.. but still i know what you mean..

I would like more nookie but I just haven't got my mojo back yet..

I hear u haroula on the coke.. im craving it BIG time, but i heard its bad for bubs and it is one of those foods/drinks that gives them wind, so i havent had any
    Anyone agree with that? not that he doesnt have enough wind already without the coke!!!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast