Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #6

oh my!! what a horrible afternoon

Olivia is on my lap screaming, I know that sounds bad but nothing I do is settling her , she just had a lovely bath and feed but beats me whats up. Isaac is screaming the house down so that might be it. by golly he is having a whopper of a tanty....

Alicia: lol at Olivia.. Maybe next time she will be in the mood for it.. Maybe you should have got someone to feed her and got yorself a massage

Hi lovely ladies!

QM: Yep, another cloth user here! I'm an MCN girl - thanks to my mum! Too unco for flats I think - they'd end up around his knees... I have BumGenius and Tots Bots bamboos, and have a wildchild purple minky on order and have a few other things on my wish-list because they are just tooo cute, and being summer in Nth Qld he never wears clothes, just nappies, so they may as well look really good... And I don't find the washing a problem at all, it's pretty easy actually. Why don't you come and join the cloth nappies general discussion thread - they're a really good bunch! Oh, and yay on the good night sleep - I really felt for you yesterday - I think we've all had days like that...

Haroula - sounds like you have a few logistical challenges! My old boss is Greek, and her family is huge, not to mention the extended family/community! They took their kids over for a holiday last year and the kids loved it!

Buzzie - yay on getting Ash's feet sculptured. Re; nappy sizes. It's funny how different babies are such different sizes at the same age. My DP works for Toys'R'Us and sees babies that are six months old that are only a little bigger than Euan, but they are all completely normal!

Nic, Trish and all of the other schoolie mums - hope your big bubbas had a good first day at school!

Trish - yay on Abbey's big sleep!

Xtml - nice one on getting your sexy back with new undies! I hope that mylo's rash clears up. Euan gets a bit of heat rash from time to time, I just try to keep him cool and it clears up, but if you hear of a specific solution I'd love to hear it!

We've had a great day (after a week or so of grumpy, overtired, gassy baby and tired, miserable mummy). After being convinced that Euan was just never going to self-settle and I will be carrying him to sleep until he is 21, I managed to get him to self settle in the cot today!!! I've been watching like a hawk for his tired signs and it's been working! Un-freaking-believable!!! Admittedly, we gave in last night and gave him a dummy (he had always refused it up until now, which I was secretly pleased about), but after hours of screaming, we were happy with whatever worked! And he has been so much happier today. Fingers crossed that it lasts!

Oh, I see that there have been about a million posts since I started this... Dang. Hi to those I've missed!

Today I just felt like I have missed all of Loren's cues. I just could not settle her from about 2pm till now midnight!!!!! All arvo she survived on catnaps and every time I got her to sleep she would jump and wake herself up or her darling sister would scream and wake her. I now have her strapped to me and I am hoping that she'll transfer into her cot...wish me luck.

Oh it sounds like we have good and bad luck with picking our bubs' cues! I am OK with Ollie but Flynn has been awake since 3.30am (its now 5.05am!) whinning in his cot.....

Alicia LOL at Olivia refusing a massage - silly girl!

Trish - how stupid - you look ace in all your pics!

Nic, IKWYM about wanting to go to work - its only been a few months and I feel out of it. I think its cause I haven't worked full time since before Flynn was born I really feel out of the loop with regards to work

Anna - being at your pre-pg weight is fantastic - I am back to counting points (after falling off the wagon) so will hopefully join you. I realised I only have another 7 months before I aim to be pg again so I better get moving

QM I am using cloth too - plain flannel flats for both boys though I do have 4 MCNs for Flynn.

Better go - Flynn still whining. New pics in gallery by the way - incl one of Flynn sticking his fingers up my nose!!!

Great pics Rory. Love the one of the boys together in bed. Oh and of course the one in the shower.

Bek, I am so hearing you on the other kid (or kids in my house) waking the baby. Noah and Tehya are fighting right now, trying their best to wake Abbey. Gives you the craps when it has taken you ages to get them to sleep too. Huge hugs huni. Hopefully today is a better day

Suse, you do what you need to do. If that means using that dummy then so be it. I chat occassionally in the cloth nappy thread but it's so busy in there it's easy to get lost, even for a chatterbox like me.

Nic, hugs huni. I hope Olivia snapped out of it for you lastnight. It's crap when you do everything you can to settle them and they are still screaming. Would be nice if they could just tell us what was wrong with them. Oh that's right, they call those ones 3 year olds.

Oh and if your killing for adult convo just go on BB Either that or msn me. I'm nearly always up for a chat. I am supposed to be doing my doula course via correspondence. I tell you it's hard to get motivation withthe kids around all the time.

Alicia, what a shame Olivia missed out on her massage. I hope you got some good tips while you were there anyway. And I like Nic's suggestion of you handing over bub and getting the massage yourself.

Anna, I think it makes it really tough if you have a "good" baby first time around. When you get a bub that's more challenging it really throws you. Maybe it's a good thing for me that none of mine have been really easy babes. Or not WooHoo for the great breastfeeding too hun. WTG, your doing an awesome job.

Abbey slept pretty good yesterday, until the afternoon that is. Then she decided to stay awake or just catnap and fuss when she was awake. I will say though that she is getting better in her wake up times. She doesn't cry as much. Please don't jinx me. LOL. Abbey went down around 9.30 lastnight but decided that 3.15 was her wake up time, and she wanted to play, I fed her and just left her in bed next to me. She was fed another 2 times before she was finally drunk enough to fall to sleep. Tehya kindly woke me up at sparrows fart though.

I really should get into the shower while Abbey is asleep. We have swimming again today, only Tehya this morning, Noah's class is changed to the arvo for school, so I have to go at 11am and 5.30pm, grrrr, what a pita, going to make for very cold trips in the winter time. Esp if I have to take Abbey out. Hopefully because it is so late DP will be able to take him and I can stay at home nice and warm

Aww man, I keep missing the new threads starting! LOL. I find this thread so hard to keep up with.

Not much news this end. Kayla's tummy seems to have settled. She still farts like .. well.. like her father! LOL.. but it doesn't seem to distress her so much these days.

We're having lovely awake times (some of the time) she goos and gaahs and has lots of smiles if she's in the mood. Other times it's back to screaming LOL. Perhaps I just don't read her cues properly. hehe. If I get her cues right, she self settles beautifully in her cot, or lies there happily like she is now! She holds herself up really well too, always swaying about when I hold her up to my shoulder.

OK, must go feed the boy.

I'm trying to keep up I promise! Hope you're all well.

Liz, good to hear that Kayla is less grumpy. I find it hard to get Abbeys signs too. Probably too busy dealing with the other kiddies.

LOL at her farting like her father. Champion she is, Abbey is the same. Have another meetup happening hun. Would be great if your can come. http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=58796

Are there any other Sydney girls in here ?? You are more than welcome to come along too of course

all I can say is ugh!! yesterday afternoon was horrible!! BUT last night was great

We got home around 9:30 and I ended up laying on my bed with Olivia and we both fell asleep but I woke at 11:30 transfered her to her bed and went and had a shower ect.. then into bed and she woke briefly at 4:30 and i just recovered her and went back to bed and she didn't wake for a feed till after 6 this morning

We are supposed to be walking to school this morning but of course it is dribbling rain..

BBL crying miss

morning all, just a quickie here as im rocking Ashs bassinette and cant coordinate typing at the same time LOL
    would u believe Ash went down at 7:30pm last night and didnt wake till 2am this morning! i couldnt believe it! i even kept checking on him to see if he was still alive! LMAO

Trish - have fun swimming today. both times

Nic - Do u walk with all 4 kids???

well im off got mothers groups today, gees it feels like i was there yesterday! where is time going....

How do you ladies using cloth nappies get time to chat on BB? I am using sposies and I barely get time scratch myself!!!!

Does anyone know the signs of a bub being overtired? Last night Loren was doing the "boxing kangaroo" move and kicking her legs for 3 hours on and off. It was like she was hyper. She was not crying just very jittery and yelling out alot.

I am back to 70kgs which is my pre second pregnacy weight. I want to get back to 63kgs which was my wedding day weight (65 would be ok too).

Trish - Poo on the swimming times. Does Abbey get aggitated if you are out too much? I find that Loren is really bad at night if I go out with her though the day.

Liz - LOL at the farting comment.

Nic - I feel the need to get back to work too. Problem is I don't know what I want to do anymore.

Rory - Wow sounds like you'll be busy in 7 months!!! I had a dream the other night that I was pregnant again and I fell after only dtd once after having Loren...scary!!!

ATM miss Loren is having her "long" sleep on my bed, Sara is at daycare and I am offically back in the office to do client reports. Must get them started now.

Bek, I only wash Abbey's nappies every second day atm. We have plenty to see us through and I rinse them if they are pooey before putting them in the bucket. It works for us atm.

I am around 70 kgs now too, would love to get back to 60kgs, hell I'd really love to be back to 55kg, but that's not gonna happen. So 63 will do me for now.

Abbey sleeps pretty good when I am out, she is good in the pram as long as we are moving. Not so good in the car though. I have to feed her until she's close to bursting and then I drive like a demon to get there before she starts screaming again. Bad I know. If I time my outings around a sleep it works ok for us. But yes, she does get unsettled. And you know it only gets worse the older they get.

A tired bub will rub it's eye's, ear's, yawn and yes figet alot. So I would say that yes, they are Loren's tired signs.

I remember when I went ot Tresillian I got a sleep/play time thign from them, I posted it on here. I will do some searching and see if I can find it. Might help some out

Here is the link. Not alot of good for us as it starts at 4 months, but still good for a look at http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=4954

Lauren, woohoo on the good sleep from Ash. Clever little man he is.

Kids are being shocking again. Thank God Noah starts tomorrow. Tehya is being a right PITA and Abbey is wriggling and fussing like there is no tomorrow.
    Last edited by Trish; January 30th, 2008 at 08:35 AM.

Try having 2 in cloth! LOL. We've JUST started with 2 in full time cloth, we now have no sposies in the house! yay! I can't have sposies in the house, coz I use them!! And it just costs too much, I can't stand spending the money.

We're going away on holiday next week, and I'm planning on keeping them both in cloth.. so wish me luck! LOL. It's a self contained unit with a washing machine so it should be ok

I just had a play with Kayla and was watching for tired signs... but I reckon she doesn't have any LOL.. except for a yawn. I guess her movements kicked up a notch, but nothing obvious. Oh well.

Just chatting with a Tresillian Nurse on messenger regarding DD sleep issues!!! Will let you know what they say.

Bekz hope it goes well

We've JUST started with 2 in full time cloth
    Ditto here Liz, though we use sposies at night.....sooooo much cheaper!!

Thanks for the link Trish

I take my hat off to you ladies for using cloth nappies...I don't even know how to fold one. I was considering using some modern cloth nappies when Loren is 3 months but all the brands out there confuse my scattered brain atm.

morning ladies!

Hope we are all well!

Had another good night here.... again we are skipping that 1-2am feed! slept frpm 10:30pm - 4:30am WOOHOO! but i still have to get up and express these exploding (.)(.)!!! it's a lot quicker that feeding, changing and burping a baby though!! So am starting to stock up the freezer again!

BekZ
    - She may have had wind/gas too! Chrissie does that when she's trying to fart or get a poo out! after she does it she feels better and stops! When she's tired she rubs her eyes with her fist and yawns a lot! hope this helps

Lauren - i've decided not to go to mothers group! Good on you for making the time.. i just don't have the time to spare... especially since it is every week!

nic
    - sounds like you had a good night!!

Trish
    - thanks for the link.. it's good to have some sort of guide!

Liz - sounds like all is going great guns with you~!

suse - yeha i'm not looking forward to the logistics of organizing a baby!! But i'm pretty good at organizing ourselves since we do it every year.. should be OK! i have this fear that i wont pack enough nappies for the plane trip!! LOL

alicia - hope you DH is feeling better now!!

rory
    - nice pics!! so cute!

well better go hang out the washing while Chrissie is asleep!
    bbl

Morning all,

Terrible night here. Olivia went to sleep at 11ish as usual but this time woke at 2:30 and was grizzley from then til about 6:00 when DH finally woke up as well and took her from me so I could catch a few zzzz's. Not sure what was wrong with her. But she had been grizzley at mothers group in the afternoon as well (although had a good sleep when we got back from it). Usually she is fine when we are out, she is pretty social and enjoys looking around, maybe she was not feeling well...?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast