Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007

*sigh* unsettled day here.. it is so hot yet Olivia wants to be held. Although I have finally managed to get her to go down and have a sleep. I even put her in her room today to see if she is just annoyed by the noise. I gave her a lovely bath as I think she was hot but she just screamed and screamed I hate when they do that and I don't know what to do.

but for now my ouse is quiet so I might shoot off and have a shower. never ever before have i not been able to have a shower due to an unsettled baby, i am starting to think I have had an easy go of this parenting business LOL

Nic - We have had a unsettled morning here too. Loren woke up at 4.30am, feed till 5.30am, slept till 6.30am. At this time Sara woke up too, and up until 1pm Loren feed every hour, then she had wind in between and she just did not want to be put down. Of Sara played up as well and had 2 sessions on the naught chair. Finally I gave Loren some formula (my boobs felt like they were going to fall off) and she woofed down 50ml!!!!! She has been asleep for 2 hours and I am so hoping the formula won't make her tummy upset!!!

ok off to make dinner whilst my house is quiet.

Olivia had the best sleep. I haven't seen her sleep that deeply during the day in ages.. Tomorrow I wil put her in the bedroom for her big day sleep again I think...

What is it with these kids today.. mine are feral, my big ones I mean. just feral..

I can hear them downstairs with Dh crying and carrying on,, olivia awake best go

yay for good sleeps - send them here please

Loren has slept really well this arvo too. She finally did a huge poo and seems very happy now. We'll see what tonight brings. At least I got to sleep for 1 hour today, and I feel slightly human again.

UGGHHH Don't talk to me about good sleeps. I was up every 2 hours with Miss Abbey. She is a noisey little girl, she grunts and groans all night long. Finally DP came into bed lastnight and his comment this morn was how noisey she is. Der !! I sleep with her everynight !!

All the little kiddies are up and of course the teens are still sleeping. Why does it take them that long to decide that sleep is good.

We've already had breakfast and the washing is on. I guess I should take advantage of Abbey being up so early and bath her soon.

Last day of the kids swimming lessons today. Cost's me $20 for the 2 of them to have a 30 minute lesson each, which is pretty good, but today as it's the last one for the term they have water play. I could take the whole family to our local pools and pay less than that for the whole day.

Best go, Abbey is trying to eat Tehya's arm. Anything that goes near her face she tries to eat. Poor baby.

Oh I forgot, I had a msg on my mobile yesterday. My GP had called us to see how Abbey was going. That suprised me. You don't normally get a call like that from the Dr

ah swimming.. what I would give to go swimming.. I can go but I just know that as soon as I get wet Olivia would wake for a feed. I have 3 of mine up. Jacob is asleep as is DH.

I am so hoping today goes better then yesterday.. the kids were so feral.. I want to take the kids to the indoor playground but DH isn't that keen **sigh** They are so bored sitting at home and it is way to hot to go walking with them.. Even now it is sticky and its not quite 7:30..

Olivia calling... again

Ooh.. thanks for the link Nic. Gosh I'm lazy LOL.

Trish - sooooooo hear you on having a noisy bub and being up frequently at night. I almost think I need to put Kayla in her own room.. but we don't have a spare room! LOL. Mum said put her cot in the loungeroom heheh... but nah.. I'll stick it out

Poor Kayla struggles with wind at night. Why only at night tho?? argh. She moans and groans and strains and pushes, then she gets upset. And almost every time I pick her up she burps. Usually at around the 5am feed, she finally gets popping and also does a poo, and then she sleeps soundly for about 4 hours... but of course Tallon gets up during that sleep, so I can't make the most of it

DH has stayed home 'sick' today. I'm pretty sure it's just lack of sleep making him feel seedy. Well, if he thinks he can stay in bed all day he's got another thing coming. I've gotta do groceries today, and well.. I'm not taking both kids now! hehehe.

Trish - my GP rang to see how we were going.. I was surprised too. I think it was coz she got all the correspondence from us coming home from hospital and stuff. I didn't have any questions or worries, but it was nice of her to call. I did book in the appointment for Kayla's first lot of needles tho, that'll be in January.

Does anyone know much about correcting the age of a prem? I asked about the needles, and we go by her actual birth date.. but developmentally we go by her corrected age. So she may not smile for another 6 weeks yet (altho I reckon we're pretty close sometimes ) And the paed yesterday said that we exclusively breastfeed to 6months corrected.. so she'll be nearly 8 months old when I start solids. It's all a bit confusing.. can anyone think of anything else affected by this age correction?

Take care girls.. gonna wake DH up to watch Tallon while I shower. Mwahaha. (I'll teach him to chuck sickies!)

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post

Does anyone know much about correcting the age of a prem? I asked about the needles, and we go by her actual birth date.. but developmentally we go by her corrected age. So she may not smile for another 6 weeks yet (altho I reckon we're pretty close sometimes ) And the paed yesterday said that we exclusively breastfeed to 6months corrected.. so she'll be nearly 8 months old when I start solids. It's all a bit confusing.. can anyone think of anything else affected by this age correction?
    )
    I know I was told with Olivia to do needles at 8 weeks no need for delay but she wasn't that early.. Isaac on the other hand was born at 37 weeks and was sick and we had to dela his needles by 2 weeks.

I would ask your CHN or ring a Dr..

I'm not 100% on the delay or corrected age for needles either Liz. Poor Layla with her wind and pooey bum though. I wonder if that's why Abbey grunts over night, I'm really slack at night time winding. Most of the time in the day I just hold her upright after her feed and she burps nicely.

I would gladly miss out on swimming. It's such a pita, getting changed, wet, redressed. LOL. Slack mum aren't I. That's DP's domain. He takes the kids of a Friday afternoon swimming now too. Just for some fun and it wears them out for the arvo.

OK, I am off, going to Kmart, they have a sale starting today and grabbing a tent for the male for xmas. I did have one on laybuy for Fathers day for him but ran out of money so had to cancel it. Hoepfully this is a suprise for him. Lord know's I'll be suprised if I even get anything.

Liz - I was told for Maria and Sofia that needles are done at birth dates, but developmental things are looked at at corrected age. That being said, Sofia nearly rolled over yesterday at 7 weeks (yeeks), is doing windy smiles, but otherwise is just a normal newborn IFKWIM. She is also the noisiest baby at night, grunts , groans, farts and when I am just about asleep, pooes.

Well I have Maria at childcare, Sofia asleep, the washing on and the oven heating up so I can make Christmas biscuits, Be back later

I wanna go shopping **tanty** I am so sick of staying home.. and we were about to go out and now it is raining.. So we are going to have a coffee first!!

well, i'm in the boat with nic today, i'm not going anywhere.
    DP went back to work today, so it's my first day with the 3 of them.
    Tia is great, its just Alisha at the moment. i am beginning to think that she may have her nose out of joint with Mirani coming home. or it could just be a stage. she waits until you yell at her (sometimes more than once) until she does what she is told.
    i went and put our baby bonus forms in on monday, roughly how long did it take to go through? and did the birth cert yesterday.

have a great day ladies,

ah feel better now.. we went for a drive got lunch came home!!

Michelle: Our baby bonus took 2 weeks 2 days to go through..

Michelle I got my baby bonus through on Tuesday this week. I put the papers in when Abbey was a few days old so just under the 21 days they allow.

I went out and spent more money. I just tallied it up, since Tuesday I have spent just over $1000 !! I never go through money like taht. Although I have paid the phone, mobile and electricity bills so I have done some good. I got DP a tent from k mart for $230 too. And some more presents. I still have to pay off the balance of the credit card, not sure of the final ammount on it though, I think it's around $1000 too and preschool fee's, not sure of how much that is

There goes my money. Oh sorry, Abbey's money

Abbey had a pretty good night last night. It sure would help though if I went to bed and not fall asleep on the lounge. I crashed out about 8.30 lastnight. Missed out on my show I wanted to watch. Getting too old for all this newborn baby stuff. LOL.

I don't even want to think of the money we have spent this week. mainly neccesities but still. DH got paid yesterday as well and we shouldn't need to touch much of it thankfully

I feel really grumpy with the world today. the kids have been feral the last few days. I keep trying to explain to DH it is because they are bored so lets take them somewhere.. oh no gotta get ready for Xmas.. and now today he is going off to help SIL and partner move house so I will be a home with the kids which doesn't bother me in the slightest really but it would be nice to do something this morning.. And then he can't even tell me if he will be home in time for dinner. Don't really care if he is or isn't but I need to go get something easy if he isn't going to be. What will I do. I haven't cooked a meal in 8 weeks

Not a bad nights sleep here last night as well. Olivia slept till 1:30 from 10pm and then we fell asleep in the lounge till 4:30 and then she peed through everything lol.. I ended up just putting her in her bed at 5:30 and when she started making noises at 6 I got Dh to cuddle up with her. I was just soooo tired. and by golly it was so stinkin hot. it is cooler now then it was at 4:30 till 6ish

Well Dh informs me he will be done in less then 10 mins so we are going out.. I am thinking either coffee club or maybe grab takeaway drinks and treats and go to the beach... hmm decisions... I thknk the playground at the beach for the kids

Spending money - Tell me about it!! I realised the other day that pre-Flynn I used to spend $160 at the Vic Market when we had dinner parties and that would do the dinner party indulgence stuff AS WELL as a full week's worth of food. Nowadays when I go to the Vic Mkt I spend $200 on basics without even trying

Is it normal for bubs to go 4-5 hours overnight between feeds? Ollie tends to feed late and be finished by midnight, then sometimes he doesn't wake til 5am. I keep being worried he isn't getting enough milk but he poos and wees enough and I have enough milk, but he is just so different to Flynn.

its amazing how different siblings can be as babies. Maria was an incessent and long feeder (could take up to an hour to feed her then she would only go to sleep when rocked, and would be awake 40 minutes later for another feed. Sofia feeds fairly quickly and self settles, oh the joys of a second child.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast