Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born February 16th-28th 2009 #2

Ali- I had a nightmare afternoon yesterday too. DD would not sleep!! She was just wide awake but obviously tired and didn't sleep from 1.30pm to 8.00pm!! That is too long for her to be up! She was so cranky. And DH was at work Thought I was going to lose it, lol. She eventually went to sleep and we had a good night though!! Slept from 8-1.30 then only 15mins to settle and slept til 5, then straight back to sleep until 8.30am! So I'm feeling better today. But omg talk about engorgement during the night!!
    shell- aww...you must be so tired with DD feeding frequently over night!! I have been having the same feeding problem at some feeds Shell! I don't know what it is either!! She goes on then starts crying and pulling back then opens her mouth for more. It happens alot on the second side so I'm thinking she's not really very hungry anymore by that time and wants more of a comfort suck and not much milk but it's coming out too fast.
    AJP- Thanks! I got some really good photos on the weekend, she finally cooperated and let me take some.
    tarkine- Have you got a sling? The hug-a-bub has been my lefe saver lately. During the day DD wakes up every time I put her down!! So frustrating!!
    OP- lol, me too, on here is my me time! We haven't DTD yet but I think it's different with a c-section, they said not to until 6wks. Trying to keep DH away until then, lol. Not sure what he's seeing though, all I see if flabby stomach and leaky boobs! Oh, there's a thought, how do you DTD without leaking all over DH, lol, will have to wear a bra and breast pads...sexy...
    det- LOL at another 4 or 5 kids, at least you're in good shape!! Glad everything went well!!
    Tracey- Really good to hear from you, you are always in my thoughts.
    laura- hope you get better soon and can have your 21st!!

Contraception, hmm....I don't want to use the pill or anything b/c it stuffed up my cycle so bad last time!! Will probably just be condoms for us. I hate them too though, lol, could end up with an oopsie baby, oh well! Does anyone know how long I have to wait to fall pregnant after a c-section. lol. Not that I'm thinking about it yet but will just have to be EXTRA careful with the contraception once we start DTD again if it's dangerous if we have an accident too soon.

Here are some of the photos I took on the weekend just so I can brag, how cute is she!!
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3598/...a9fa1186_b.jpg
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3617/...e4c7c2f060.jpg
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3634/...7a2dcc928e.jpg

awwww gorgeous photos sara!! she is beautiful!!

Gorgeous pics SJ! Glad you got a good night after horrible afternoon.

laura- hope you start feeling better, that sux being sick and missing yr 21st.

Ali- maybe get some frozen meals from supermarket? I know thy aren't that great but for nights like you were having yesterday could be handy.

OP- how did yr night end up?

Tarkine- is there anyone that can help you out in the day just to help settle him and give you a break?

We always seem to have issues after the 4am feed, seems to be the very windy time and wanting to poo heaps so takes ages for her to settle with the pain and trying to push it all out then she vomits. Sick of feeling tired, like the rest of you prolly are!

As for dtd we didn't do it til 6 months with Ash. Considering Df has low sex drive anyway and atm neither of us could think of anything worse, lol, way too tired! We'll prolly just use condoms too, I hate the pill makes me so nauseas, Df always said after #2 he'd get the snip but now its time he flat out refuses and I refuse to do anything to me so might be abstinence for us!

shell were the same i feel DH should have the snip but hes not 'ready' but is happy for me to have my tubes tied. which i dont feel i should, ive done all the hard work!!!!

Hi All - I just got home from the BB meet where I got to hang with Det and Melly and the gorgeous Levi & Lachlan J behaved herself pretty well although she is super chucky today.

Laura, I hope you are better for your party

SJ, gorgeous pics!!

Hmmm as for DTD, definitely not until the 6w check or until 2w after discharge stops (whichever is later). We will be using condoms until DP gets the snip - he is looking into it now. I have had 2 pregnancies, 2 labours and 2 emergency c/s - I've done my bit so now he can go under the knife. As we found in the research no man has ever died from having a vasectomy. 5 women die each year getting their tubes tied....

Laura- Whats going on hun?? I hope you are okay

Det- You absolutely inspire me! I need to do my pelvic floor more often, although I havent had any accidents even when I had a sneezing fit the other day so I am hoping for the best.

Nai- Ashlyn still has that hormone rash, it kind of comes and goes. I wonder when it will stay away...

Jols- Good to hear that stitches should fall out soon for me. Mine are only external but I think I would feel much better if they werent there as I would know that it is all healing up. We have a little bit of gunky eye here...how do I get rid of that? My mum told me to squeeze some breast milk onto DD's eyes but I was thinking that might not be pleasant for her...anyone have any suggestions or is my mum right?

Heaven- Those photos are stunning!!!! Did you take them?? SO creative! I love how her headband is just pink! Great effect!! I thought I was going to break down last night as well. It is hard when they are awake for so long when you know they should be sleeping. DD went down at 10ish and actually slept through until 4:45 (almost 7hours!!!!!) then I couldnt get her back to sleep until 8am! So far we have been on track today and she is sleeping now. Going to do some jobs now and put my feet up in case she has another episode like last night!!

Shell- might have to pick up a few of those meals when they are on special next or cook earlier in the day when she is sleeping. After that 4am feed (or around then) is usually when I have the most difficulty settling DD. I dont know whether I am less patient then as I am soooooo tired or what but it is hard she seems so awake then and I dont even turn the lights on!! Hope things get better as each day passes.

These men...they need to take some responsibility!! I dont blame you girls for not wanting your tubes tied. It seems so final, esp after all that hard work of pregnancy. I am interested to hear how many of you have had issues with the pill. I was on one called Levlen and never really had any problems on it (well not that I was aware of) however I have never taken the mini pill. They were also talking to me about implanon (sp?) but I dont know if I like that idea. We might just not have sex! DP would hate to hear that. Actually I probably have a higher sex drive than him but its all just a bit to hard.

Had quite a good day..went out this morning to meet a gf at a coffee shop who has a 12wk old! I cant believe the size difference!!! Shows how much they grow in such a small space of time, DD cried in the car on the way home but the poor poppit was so hungry as she was due for a feed. My boobs were already leaking. DP booked our dogs in for a hair but tomorrow so I am glad they are going to get some pampering. My dogs really have been so good with DD. My poodle/shihtzu dog Max loves DD. He follows me wherever I go with her and sniffs her feet, my other dag Winston just wants to play with his ball! LOL!

Anyway, hope you are all well. Off to wash up and then watch bold and the beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Nai View Post
    I've done my bit so now he can go under the knife. As we found in the research no man has ever died from having a vasectomy. 5 women die each year getting their tubes tied....
    ohhh handy piece of info to lob at DH thanks nai!!!

glad you had a great day!!!!! footscray was a little too far for me!!

millie has literally slept all day today, been up for a grand total of two hours today, ithink shes having a growth spurt as this is what sophie did!

Can't really keep up with all this chatter!

Pap smears - not looking forward to this! I was actually due for one in May last year, so well overdue...I think I'll wait a bit, 6 week check up is too soon!

Sex - same deal, will wait. We only dtd 3 times during pregnancy...I'm sure another month or 3 or 10 won't make much difference! (sorry DP!)

Birth control - ummm probably abstinance! I don't want to fall pregnant again for a while and I don't want hormones messing with my body and I hate condoms! In all honesty, I have no idea, will have to think about it

Ali, yeah bm is meant to be the way to go with sticky eye.

Laura, I really really hope you're feeling better.

Didn't end up going to the paed. Had a chiro appointment and Leon got adjusted and massaged. He LOVED it! He just zonked out with his arms above his head. My chiro convinced me to cancel the paed appointment and see how I go with him being adjusted and showed me how to massage his belly to help relieve the wind. Hope I'm doing the right thing

He actually had a good night last night once he settled! Settled finally at around midnight, and then fed at 2:15am, 5:15am and 7:30am, settled fairly easily between feeds. Hope he continues this as I'm so over feeding every 2 hours and less.

Holly- How often do you need to take him to the chiro? How cute him just loving it like that. Hopefully it does the trick. I have heard it can help with settling bubs.

Ali- I have a friend whos bub is 6 weeks older than Emily and I'm always saying how just that short time the difference between them is amazing. I think with the mini pill you have to really watch about taking it at the same time every day for it to work.

Nai- Thanks for that info, used that on Df not much response from him tho, think he'll actually be happy with the abstinence idea!

Emily is actually asleep right now which is quite unusual considering its her unsettled time normally. Hope it means a good night.

trying to catch up with you all, but your all very chatty and my brain is mush.

AJP - how do you put bubs into your Ergo? I know there are a couple of different ways of doing it?

re Contraception - not an issue in our house, but my hearts go out to you girls. I hate the pill.

I do have a sling - Ergo but have tried to get bubs into it twice and he didn't like it and kicked up a storm - will watch the video again and see what I'm doing wrong. I don't mind just sitting with him on my boob all day, but just get restless and need to pee, although I do have a few books I want to read, so I read them aloud to him. I'm really sure he's interested in learning about the Dalai Lama and how to meditate . I have DH at home with me, so I do have some support (we won't talk about yesterday though - DH has a nasty habit of being awake for 2 days straight then bombing out which happened yesterday so I had monster boy all day with no break).

Bragging about my first MCHN visit today - the nurse nearly fell off her chair when we told her his birthdate - 4 week old having his first visit! Porker boy is 4.72kg and is longer and his head is bigger, but all within the 50 percentile (unlike SIL whos baby was off the growth charts at his first MCHN visit). We are booked in to get Whooping cough vaccine due to the outbreak.

Sorry gotta go.. natives are restless and want more booby time.

Hi girls,

SJ - gorgeous pics darl! Grace is beautiful. Great that feeding and weight gain are going well.
    Shell - sorry to hear you're having a rough time with the feeding. it's so hard to work out what's going on with them!
    Nai - glad you had a good day at the meet up!
    Tarkine - oh you're so good to have Alex in your arms or on the bbie most of the time. This stage will pass.
    Ali - sounds like you're having a mixed time of it - sleeping well and then not.
    OP - sounds like Isabel has long periods of being unsettled as well.
    Laura - Hope you feel better soon darl. You can't not party on your 21st! How's your milk supply going?
    AJP - That's amazing that you could bleed that much from a tear. Was it a big tear? My iron levels dropped to 65 after birth but found out today that they are back to 113. Still needing my nana naps of an arvo - not sure how you keep going through that wall. Have you checked out Floradix yet?

Sorry to anyone I've forgotten!

Gotta go - Mr. J is stirring for the next feed!!

Arrrgh DD1 came into our bed this morning at 5am with a sore tummy. She now just spewed everywhere! I hope it's not gastro and I hope J doesn't get it - also hope DP and I don't get it!!

Jols- Thankyou! Lucky you millie sleeping all day!!
    Shell- The early morning feed is the worst here too, she takes ages to settle afterwards! Maybe she's just not tired after a big sleep, but I am!! lol.
    Nai- Oh, so jealous of all you girls getting to meet! Oh no, that's not good about DD being sick Hope no one else catches it!
    Ali- Yeah, I took the photos, really pleased with how they turned out, can't believe she cooperated! lol. Hope you had a good night of sleep last night!! Oh, my puppy needs a hair cut too, he's getting a bit out of control, lol.
    Holly- awww.....that is so cute him loving his massage. I hope the chiro helps!
    tarkine- DD sometimes gets cranky when I first put her in the HAB but I just have to bounce around for a while and she finally goes to sleep, it's heaps quicker to settle without using it though.
    Kaz- How are you going? How's the recovery?

AFM- I don't know what DDs problem is with being so fussy and crying while feeding atm. But this morning I noticed her poo was more green than the usual yellow. What's that about?? Is she sick??

Ok trying to keep up...

Pap smear - dreading it too but overdue so the 6 week check up it is for me!

Sticky eye - Miss A has one too...have been bathing with saline but will give the BM a go thanks

Contraception - LOL...took us 10 years to get this one so chances are....

Sex - What's that?????

Good news...fed at 9pm..2am...7am....and mummy feels almost human YIPPEE! But what effect will this have on the day 'sigh' time will tell. Why is it that when you're having a good day with bub everything else falls apart...murphy's law I guess!

Have a great day ladies

Evening ladies

Well we have had a mixed bag with Isabel recently. Not too bad during the day but pretty shocking at night. Last night she didn't settle until midnight, then started waking at 3am but wasn't really awake until 4am, but I was awake listening to her from 3...

Anyway I fed her at 4am, she fell asleep so I put her down and she woke straight up SCREAMING. Like I was sticking pins in her. So picked her up, burped, still crying so I fed the other side, fell asleep, put her down, woke up SCREAMING.

Then proceeded to scream for another hour.

By 5.30am I was beside myself - crying my eyes out and at the end of my tether. So I woke up DH.

He tried for another 45mins til we gave up at about 6.15am and I stuck her back on the boob, in bed. She fell asleep and stayed asleep for an hour... then fed some more, then I got her back in her cradle and she slept for 2.5hrs.

Worst night so far. She was just screaming so loud. I felt like the worst mum ever - I was getting angry and frustrated with her for screaming, then getting upset and angry at myself for feeling like that about a little baby.

Hence the crying. Sigh!

She has been good today - had a few sleeps and is asleep now. Have been hanging with my mum and sister just in case she's feral - I can hand her off.

Onto other matters... I bought new jeans today!! So sick of wearing maternity. I bought a size 14 - I used to be a 12 so that's not bad. They are only Target but they were $25 (bargain) and they are nice and I feel good so that's the main thing.

With regards to DTD - reason I was asking is because we tried and it hurt, so we stopped. I want to wait til the 6wk check too... worried about doing damage! Esp with my "issues" down there!

Contraception - was going to get the mini pill but I don't think we will as we want to try for number 2 soon (can't believe I just typed that!!! ) and we don't want to mess with my hormones that are already messed up! So I think it'll be condoms/rhythm method until we are ready to try. I don't think its an issue until I get my period anyway! My sister still hasn't ovulated and my niece is 9mths old.

DH is going to get the snip once we are done procreating. He's already said he'll do that! No arguments about it in our house.

Laura - hope you are ok hun! Let us know when you are better - worried about you!

SJ - gorgeous pics! I love the full length one, so pretty. Don't know about the green poo - has she ha any formula?? Can't remember you saying anything about that, esp now that your BF is going so well. Hmm. Maybe ring the 24hr MCHN hotline?

Ellie - so jealous of your night! When will I get one like that??

Nai - how's the fam? Is it gastro? Hoping it isn't...

Tarkine I've an Ergo too - do you have the infant insert? You can't use it without, until they are 4mths old. If you do, I clip the Ergo around my hips, then pick up DD in the insert and hold her with my left arm supporting her, use my R arm to put the R shoulder strap on, making sure DD's legs/feet are hanging out underneath the two black straps. Then I use the R arm to support DD (holding the front of the Ergo) and use the L arm to put on the L shoulder strap, making sure DD's head is on top of the L shoulder strap. Then I can use both hands to clip the strap at the back of my neck, then pull the shoulder straps really tight. DD loves it - she likes being all snug and tight.

Hope that makes sense... so she ends up with her head near my L boob and feet right down near my R hip. Diagonal style.

Shell - hope your night was ok!

Holly - that's awesome about the chiro! Hope little Mr L is doing well today.

AJP - Footscray was a bit far for me too.

Nai - glad the meet was good! Isabel is really chucky ATM too. Got our six week check on Monday with MCHN, might bring it up then. It prob "just a phase"!

Sorry to those I've missed!! DD is awake and hungry, better dash... to all!

just an update.
    i do have mastitis thats why i have been so sick. i went to the doctor today and got some antibiotics.
    ok going back to lie on the couch
    take care xx

SJ - love the photos

Heaven - found this on a website re poo
    "If I drank caffeinated coffee I found I couldn't calm my daughter down," says new mum Kim McCarthy. "When I went back to decaf, she was fine." If a baby is allergic to something you've eaten, you may see a reaction on her skin (rash or hives), in her breathing (wheezing or congestion), or in her stools (green or mucousy). Ask your health visitor for more advice." Apparently fussing bubs - going on and off the boob are a sign of over tired bubs - I've got one of those grunting himself to sleep at the moment. He also gets unsettled/windy/redfaced when I eat something he doesn't like - coconut, too much chocolate etc. Also his bum gets quite red from garlic and chilies.

Laura - sorry to hear its mastitis - could that be affecting your milk supply (sorry really don't know diddles about mastitis)

OP - thanks for the advice on the Ergo - I did try putting DS into it as you described but he kept looking at me like I was crazy or something and decided to stick his elbow out onto the strap (yep I got messed up with getting him in).. Will try it again tomorrow. Sorry to hear that bubs was so unsettled. Definitely worth waking DH up to get him to give you some 'out' time. Great news about the jeans - I haven't dared put on my pre-preggie clothes yet, but getting sick of wallowing in the mat clothes. Will try the clothes on tomorrow when its a bit cooler here.

AFM - got out of the house today - our pram got a flat tyre, so DH had to fix it yesterday and we walked the 2km to the shops - the most exercise I've done since January and it nearly killed me, but I did it and now feeling really tired but good. Just heard a major bottom burp happen in the bedroom from DS - and more grunting happening, so I'm not going near that nappy, without a biohazard suit.

Take care girls

Tarkine- sounds like all that boobiness has done well for him weight wise! If he gets into liking the carrier will be handy for you. Em loves sleeping in the hugabub won't hear a peep out of her til her next feed.

Laura- Hope the AB's kick in before your birthday tomor, you want to be feeling ok for it.

OP- What an awful sounding night! I remember Ash having nights like that, would just watch tv and feed, rock or whatever to get her to sleep! Hopefully they are few and far between.

Ellie- wow wish Em would go that far between feeds!

Heaven- Not sure about the poos but would get it checked out, green doesn't sound too good. I didn't realise you took the pics yourself thats great.

Nai- how are you all doing? Anymore spews?

I am just feeling so tired today think 4 weeks no sleep catching me. Alot of nights I'm finding I'm waking feeling really sweaty and nauseas. Plus headaches, think I need more than 2 hours sleep at a time! Em slept so well today going longer between feeds don't know why she can't at night! Df is on school holidays next week thank god, will be great to have him home for 2 weeks, going to make sure I get naps!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast