Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 16th-28th 2009 #3

Meg- Wow, how on earth do you get her to sleep for 7hrs!!!!
    Nai- That is such a cute pic!!
    Shell- That is no good, thinking of you and your family
    OP- Sounds like maybe a growth spurt. I had 2 nights like that, so exhausted, but then it was back to normal, hope it's the same for you!!
    Ali- how cute is it when they 'talk' to you. I love her little noises!! She's going to have such a cute voice!
    Kaz- DD is the same, she only feeds for about 10mins MAX, then she keeps pulling off so I stop trying. I've figured out she's actually full, I was always worrying about it before. I just read something in another thread today saying that they will always gulp down the bottle even if they're full bc it's coming so much faster and they have no choice and they don't get a break to realise that they're actually full. Of course I don't know if this applies or not. DD is still putting on weight with the short feeds now so I assume she's just gotten heaps faster at it. Although I haven't got her weighed for a few weeks, lol, should do that just to check. I'm sorry you're having a hard time I agree with the others re seeing a LC.
    det- lol, I was thinking about trying cloth but then when I saw all the cute ones they had I was even more convinced, lol.
    AJP- Thanks for that info, I guess I'm just going to have to get a few and try!
    mhami- hello!! Oh, sleeping through the night, I'm so jealous!! I'm feeling pretty good now, had to have a c-section so was feeling pretty crappy for a while. Wish my tummy wasn't so flabby looking though!!
    laura- ooh what piercing? I just put my belly button ring back in last night, had been meaning to do it and hadn't so it was a bit closed up at the top and I had to shove it through, ouch! So now it's a bit sore and I'm petrified DD is going to kick it!!

Well, another night with more sleep, so she is back to normal!! Phew. Wish she would sleep longer though. Her big sleep is still only 4-5hrs. Does anyone do dream feeds? I couldn't if I wanted too. Once DD goes down for her night sleep there is no waking her. Even if I open her mouth and shove my boob in, nothing, lol.

I really need to attempt personals, Im so sorry I have been slack the last couple of days

Heaven- You might be converting me to fluff as well....Maybe not all the time but they are just so gorgeous and look they are nice and warm as well. hmm will need to investigate your other thread. Our girsl are very similar with their feeding and sleeping.
    Jols- Hows the wind going? My wind does not even compare to DD's! They are so loud!!!! I did buy some new makeup for myself which was noice!
    Laura- Hope you are okay. YOu know we are all here for you. Tell us about the peircing? I bet it hurt!!!
    OP- can DH help you out tonight seeming its Friday? It sounds like last night was exhausting. hug How is she going after the immunisations?
    Mhami- hello and welcome. I love your DD's name. My body is as good as it can be after birth I suppose. I think I recovered quite quickly but had a pretty good birth. I HATE my stretchmarks on my belly though. SO self conscious about them and i still need to keep strengthening the pelvic floor.
    Kaz- Dont be disheartened hun! You are doing a great job. J is putting on weight and my MCHN and GP said that as long as they are gaining some weight (doesnt matter how much and dont rely on the charts) and giving you lots of wet and pooey nappies and is sleeping then all is fine. If he is giving you lots of nappies then he is getting enough milk. you know we are all here for you
    Det- you poor thing suffering from migraines. Hope it is gone for you
    Megie- Well done on the gym!! YOur DH has it pretty fgood I hope he appreciates all that you do for him and the kids and that he appreciates that he is having a weekend away.
    Shell- I am so sorry about your FIL! That is awful for your family to deal with. Try and enjoy the time you guys have left with him. Hope you and the kids get rid of your cold as well
    Nai- Your girls are gorgeous. Hop eyou all have had a good week.

I apologise for anything I have missed I cant see back any further.

AFM- Busy day. Caught up witrh some Gf's I havent seen in years and had the best time. DD has a little nappy rash today so did some nappy fre time and am back to using bepanthen at every nappy change. I got slack and now poor DD is paying fo rit. DD rolled over last night but am not officially counting it as she hasnt done it again so must have been a fluke! I'm a tough mummy!

Shell, Sorry to hear about your FIL. I hope he isn't in pain

Ali, I hope you had a good time with the girls - it's nice to get out. I must warn you that converting to fluff is addictive!!

Heaven, I read your post about the car screaming - it does get better!! DD1 was a screamer in the car for a while but it wasn't long before she would sleep wonderfully in there.

Det, I hope the migraine is gone now

Mahmi, welcome! I don't think my body has recovered as well this time but I guess that's only to be expected. I need to really start doing something about it now... can't blame Easter forever...

Jols, I'm with you on the wind factor. Sometimes I am patting DD's back and I burp

Laura, I hope you are doing ok - it must be tough for you at the moment!

Kaz, I hope J is gaining more and it was just those scales. When are you getting him checked again?

OP, I hope things get better for you over the weekend and you get some rest

Megie, well done on the gym - I really really need to get back there. LMAO about your DH being exhausted after an hour!!

AFM - I have had a really busy week. Lots of catching up with friends, taking children to the MHCN, Dr etc and the dog to the vet. I think I must have walked over 30km this week!! Miss J is feeding and sleeping well. She is becoming so much more alert and interactive, smiling heaps and making cute little baby sounds. DD1 has actually been better in the last week and been less whingy and whiny - will see if it lasts but not holding my breath

Miss J had her granuloma done for the 4th time today and it still hasn't gone away! I'm thinking she will have it forever. It's driving me crazy.

I got my sternum done!
    Thanks everyone, i'm doing ok at the moment, no great but OK.
    Talk soon xx

Eeeep! Laura, that sounds painful

Thanks everyone for the thoughts, he seems ok considering at the moment, they've moved him to pall care place that is quite nice there and he is accepting he won't get home cause I know MIL wouldn't be able to look after him at home.

Nai- Has the Dr suggested anything else or will you just have to keep attempting to treat it same way?

Ali- Count it as a roll! You tough cookie! Lol.

Heaven- We are same biggest sleep is 4-5hrs. I don't do dream feed unless she starts stirring before I'm going to sleep but makes no difference, seems to work for some but not for me, even with DD1 I tried it for few weeks without a difference.

OP- How is she today after the immunisations? I'm still meaning to get Em checked out at chiro, I'm so slack at getting things done!

mhami- Hi and welcome, so jealous your bub sleeps thru!

Det- send your cruisy baby vibes over my way! Lol, you deserve it tho after all the hard work with the twins!

Kaz- I wouldn't go by different scales, the amount that they can differ can be a fair bit. Can you pop into your mchn to get him weighed? Em doesn't take long on boob anymore either and starts yelling, I've figured she just done or tired!

Meg- Good on you going to gym, I want to join this outdoor excercise group where you take your prams so don't need anyone to watch them. My Df is good with the kids one at a time but no way could do the 2 of them I don't think he has tried either, should do it to him and make him see what I do everyday and why I can't find time to eat!

Ash got 2 1st birthdays to attend this weekend so I better get off and ready!

I would love to do an outdoor group Shell, but alas none here in Gisborne.

Laura - Owie! YOu will have to post a pic!

Nai - J's granuloma never went away even after heaps of treatments by a few different professionals. In the end he had surgery on it at 18 months.

Ali - Hope the nappy rash heals soon.

Det - Hope you are getting better with the migrains.

We have had two bad nights with lots of broken sleep. What happened to the girl that was sleeping 7 hours!!??

Someone is a cranky bear today and I dont know what to do to make her happy. Going to have to go for a walk up to the shops later today as she is driving me insane and DP is at work until 9 tonight.

ali im cranky too and DH wont be home from work either til around 8pm

Cranky here too as my husband has gone awa for a golf weekend and once again left me to fend for myself'

Jols- we are all a bit cranky here. me too. DD is a bit better now after a poo! Geez I wish that would solve my cranky mood! LOL!

We walked up the shops though and i spent $200 in clothes in Sussans and $65 in pumpkin patch for DD! DP is going to kill me but I figured its ruddy money anyway and we are just doing our bit for the economy.

Meggie- dont you just wish it would rain this weekend! LOL! When Dp was playing cricket i used to love it when it rained

Shell- have fun at the parties. you will have to tell me what a 1st bday party is like.

ali dont worry its going to rain here tomorrow!! even snow!! so maybe megs DH will get rained upon!!
    good on you for getting yourself some clothes!!!

I've been feeling really crap about my body lately and do need to get back into shape. I am walking everyday but eating naughty foods as well. I think because I have been going out for lunches and morning teas etc where there are naughty things to have and not only that when DP isnt here I jsut eat as he isnt here to talk to, but buying some new clothes has given me some inspiration and has made me feel good.

Is there really a possibility its going to snow down there? It has gotten so cold in the last week at nights!

in the ranges near me its expected, but not at my house! down to 1000metres

i hate my tummy at the moment, still saggy with saggy skin, but i dont have teh energy to excersise glad the clothes make you feel better

I know so hard to find the energy, I'm waiting til Em is sleeping better before I do join excercise group. I made myself feel better by going out and buying some new clothes that fit rather than trying to do up my old stuff. I even had size 8 clothes that I hadn't fit into for years so finally accepted I wasn't going to ever fit again and got rid of them.

Ali, ikwym about naughty foods, when Df isn't around I just eat crap cause just don't have energy or time to prepare something so eat crap.
    1st birthday parties are mainly for the parents usually the parents just have close friends/ family over to celebrate surviving the first year!

Meg- Well all this rain we've had and crappy weather your DH might be paying for his weekend away, he owes you big time I reakon. I stress just having the evening trying to sort the 2 of them myself.

Watched the anzac day footy match with a few Bombers supporters and of course they ended up screaming and shouting at the end and caused the 2 bubs in the room to cry in distress. We had nice day tho. I'm planning on early night. Em is asleep at moment (touch wood) so hopefully stay that way.
    14 degrees here tomor, yuck.

well i did dinner/bath/book/boob(m only )/bed/ for both girls by myself tonight DH got home around 7.30!
    i had DD1 in bed at 6.20pm without a peep from her and DD2 in bed at 6.30!!! was a bit of a juggle but i managed!!!

shell i was feeding millie and watching the game screaming at the tv, i scared her and she cried opps! but go bombers!!!

Jols- I am in awe!!!! I need to hire out your services.

at you girls watching the footy and screaming at the tv!

thanks ali!!
    i am lucky i have both girls have been easy-ish babies! (touch wood M continues to be easy)
    love my footy!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast