Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2006 #3

Teena- That's goos to hear that Allegra likes her farex. Yes I would introduce a new food slowly too. Just let her get use to the farex first. I can't remember, but what age did you start her on solids? How did you know she was ready for them?

Nadine - I started Allegra just a few days ago after she was grabbing my hand as I was eating mashed potato and she was on my lap. For a try I put some on her tongue and she cried until I gave her a little more. I was going to leave it at that but thought I would try the farex and she opened up her mouth and down it went - there was no forcing at all (some people have suggested to me that I was 'forcing' her but pfft). I give her half a teaspoon and next week I will upgrade her to a little more and the week after that some fruit.. she is five months now so its not like I am giving it to her too early.
    I'm sitting back enjoying a nice decaf - ive not had coffee in ages!!
    I love Mondays - its desperate Housewives night lol

LOL, at loving Mondays.

Thanks for that. I am going to try and wait till Kayla is 5 months, even 6 months. Was just curious

Nice to see the feb forum alive!

Apple - What a ride you have been on. Im so happy to hear everything seems to be going well now. Poor Bonnie, if only she could've told you what was wrong

Ben is still doing well. He is growing very strong! He loves to be tickled, he is such a happy little boy, sooo cute.

As for me. Last week i found out i have Gallstones and need an operation very soon. Do you guys remember a few months back i was rushed to hospital because i woke up with pains in my stomach and back and had trouble breathing? Well, they didnt find what was wrong then, but we know now!
    Last Saturday (my birthday), i started getting pains in my stomach and back when we were out bowling with some friends. I had just eaten pizza a couple of hours before. Anyway, that night the pain was so bad, i couldnt sleep until we called the emergency doctor at 4.30am, she gave me a shot and suggested i might have gallstones. So i went to the doc again in the morning, and had an ultrasound, and they found i had 4 gallstones and need an operation. I had been having heartburn type pain for quite a long time at night. And i didnt really question it until i noticed the pain was getting worse, and the heartburn tablets didnt work. Now i have to watch really carefully what i eat until we can find a time to get it done.

Ben is now on formula, apart from one feed. Dh and I are still talking about solids often, but i told Dh i want to wait until Ben can sit up by himself. Dont know why i suggested that. Ah, who knows. Ben doesnt really seem ready to me. I suppose i might be rebelling (sp?) against MIL's opinion that Ben was ready at 2 months (right...hmm).

I wonder where Snowy is??

Hello dearies,

sorry for my long absence. We were in Germany with my parents and are now having ILs over, went to see the Australia - Brazil game in Munich, I was sick and had to have a drip (bronchitis and some nasty bug on top of it) etc. etc. all very crazy

Zara rolled for the first time yesterday from her back onto her belly. She loves her new trick and does it every few minutes now, it's so cute! She is so proud of herself! She doesn't roll from her belly to her back though, which Wolf did first... weird, huh?
    We had the 3-4 month check up while we were in Germany, she is now 62cm and weighs 6kg. Still fully breastfed and doing well, though I am thinking more and more that I will stop at 6 months or thereabouts. She has started pulling at my boob and keeps on pulling of and twisting her head and it's getting exhausting. I lasted 8 months with Wolf but I think 6 is pretty good (though - can you tell - I feel guilty for even considering weaning her earlier than Wolf)

Soooooooooo excited about the football - I hope Australia beats Italy and Germany beats Argentina and Australia will play Germany in Dortmund (in which case I might go back to Germany and try to get tickets, as Dortmund is 20 mins from my parents' place)

Sorry for no personals but have read everyone's posts. ]
    re. solids: I think Zara is far from it. I will wait until she stops poking out her tongue all the time

Snowy

Morning everyone!
    Just thought I would pop in to say a big hello to you all. Ive not been around that much as I have been super busy with Allegra who is over 5 months now!
    We are set to leave for overseas within the fortnight and I am packing and getting everything ready now because it would be my luck that I will get sick or something will come up (and indeed it has, a close family friend's father has died and I have a funeral to attend as well as trying to be there for my friend) so just a little message to say g'day and hope all mummas and bubbas are ok!
    T and A xx

we're very quiet here in deed, huh?
    hope everyone is well

teena - have a good trip to europe! hope the flight with allegra goes well.

such a bummer that the socceroos lost and such an awful way as well...
    but very excited of course that germany won today! all my aussie friends here are now going for the german team

zara has been throwing up recently ... it's really weird. it doesn't seem to bother her much but she never used to vomit and does it quite a bit now... hmmm... anyone else gone through a vomiting stage?? or do you think it could be a tummy bug?

HELLLLOOOO EVERYONE...WE ARE ALL MIA AT THE MOMENT!!!

Aiden is going along wonderfully...he will be 22 weeks on friday. He's soooo smiling and such a happy bub. At the moment he is having 1/2 jar of baby food 2-3 times a day and 4 bottles.

Zara is going to be 3 on Sunday..where has the time gone...it's so said to think she is going to go to 3 year old kinder next year...im going to miss her sooooooo much

I hope everyone else is well.

Take care

Been very quiet,
    Ben is going well. No solids as yet. I have been taking him to the Physio 2 times a week because his back is a little bit "bent", but that comes from sleeping on his left and should be fine if all goes well.
    In the past week he has perfected his rolling skills, and wriggles all over the place. I have to keep a close eye on him when he is lying on the floor, he could end up on the other side of the room! Also, when we put him to bed, the first thing he does is move onto his belly... also turns around 90 - 360 degrees, so we never know where he will end up. Im so glad we are using sleeping bags.

Teena - have fun in europe!!! You will have a ball. Its been so hot here lately, i hope the weather holds up for you.

snowy - horrible Germany lost the other night! Im supporting France in the final, Italy made both Germany and Australia go out of the game, so GO FRANCE!!

Its been so hot lately, its disgusting. I wish we had the money to get a fantastic air conditioning system.

I hope you are all doing great!!

LOL, Katie...when I read your post I thought...."HOT????...." Then realised your in summer at the moment. So it's actually hot in Germany? When we were living there it never got that hot. What is the temperature atm?

It's pretty cold here. Around 4 degrees in the morning...brrrrrr! And DH rides in it a couple times a week so i can have the car

Yay, on Ben's rolling skills. Kayla rolled twice about two weeks ago and hasn't done it since LOL. Sure she isn't far off

nadine, It was about 32 degrees yesterday, very humid. That might not sound too "hot" compared to Australia, but when you live on the second floor with no air conditioner, it feels like 50 degrees. Its awful, i feel so sorry for Ben. I want winter to come back!!
    Lucky Dh has Air conditioning at work.

Well, i should go, Ben has a physio appointment in an hour, and he is still sleeping.
    Take care.

Oh it's been hot in Europe!! And without a breeze it gets soo sticky - esp here in London.

Yes, Katie - allez les Bleus! Definitely hoping Italy will be beaten by les Bleus!

Zara is doing well, rolling around and also has managed to roll onto her belly and back on her back again. Soon she'll be rolling through the whole house! :eek:

Snowy

Yay Europe hear we come!!!!
    We leave on Monday - so very excited and all packed up (almost) to go!
    Allegra is doing fantastic - my little angel is the absolute light of my life... she laughs so much at her silly mum!
    GOOOOOOOOO the Azzuri!!!! Have to go for Italy now that the Socceroo's are out otherwise when I arrive in Italy in about 10 days time they will surely oust me!
    I'll log on somewhere in europe when I can ladies - i'm not taking the laptop though, there is far too much to take as it is.
    Hope all mums and bubs are good and grow healthy and strong!
    T and A xx

WHERE IS EVERYONE??????

If you get a chance just pop in for a quick update...

Aiden is going along really well. He's in a great routine, enjoying solids twice a day and 4 bottles aswell. He loves his Jolly Jumper and activity table. Aiden is going to health centre at the end of the month for his 6 month assessment and then his needles the next day. I can't believe he's nearly 6 months old. This time next year i will off the pill and trying for #3...now that's scary...oh how time flies by.

i hope everyone is well.

Take care

Katie- Yes it can get quite humid, that's true!

Teena- YAY, enjoy your trip. You'll have a ball I am sure of it We will have to catch up when you are back!

Narelle- That's great that Aiden is doing so well. Yes time is flying by isn't it. I had mothers group yesterday, and there were two 6wk old babies in the group. So tiny! You do forget that they were ever so small (just an excuse to have more)

Us- We are doing well. Kayla is a bit off today. Has only had 100ml of formula this morning. 30ml after 5hrs and then another 70ml two hrs later. Not sure what is going on. She seems to be in pain and has very rosey cheeks. Think she is probably teething. I gave her some panadol and also rubbbed bonjela on her gums. She wouldn't even take water for me. I hope she is a new baby when she wakes up. Otherwise I will be a bit concerned that she may dehydrate if she keeps taking minimal fluids. I will see how she is when she wakes, otherwise it may be a trip to the doctors

Other then that she has been great. Not rolling yet. Has rolled twice (about a month agao) but hasn't done it since. She smiles, laughs and chats heaps, and is generally a very happy bubba. We tried her with farex again, and she is not too keen on the taste. She closes her eyes, shakes her head and makes this "aaahhh" noise. It's very cute

Nadine...try giving Kayla 5ml of water or sugar water every hour through a syringe or let her lick an icypole. the doctors suggested this when zara was sick as a bub.

take care narelle

Thanks Narelle She ended up drinking a bit more which was good. I think her teeth are bothering her, poor thing I will definately keep that in mind though for when needed. Thanks heaps

Hello girls!

We are in Berlin this weekend for Zara's christening! Tomorrow is the big day - 11 o clock christening, then champagne reception, then nap time and then an early dinner at 5 p.m. Looking fwd to seeing my Berlin friends and my family. DH's family is here from Sydney as well (his little sister will be godmom).

Sorry to hear Kayla has not been well. I hope she is doing better!!!

Teena - have a good trip! I hope the flight with Allegra went well. Hope you get a chance to get online and post!

Narelle - wow, no.3 is already planned? I am not sure at the moment whether I will go back for no.3 or not... we'll see... but definitely not this time next year... maybe Christmas or so next year...

Zara has been so funny recently, experimenting with making all sorts of sounds and she will often just lie there and make these screeching sounds like a little baby dinosaur... so funny. She enjoys it so much. She giggles lots (especially for me... she is such a mommy's girl - everyone keeps commenting about it... it's sometimes really embarassing when she only smiles for me or goes quiet when I pick up while she's been screaming on nonna's arm for 15 mins... wooops)

SNowy

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast