Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2006 #4

Sorry for being so slack everyone.

Sarah - I am also very sorry to hear about your mums passing. I know only too well how hard it is to lose a parent. Its been 17 years since I was able to hug my dad and well, I dont need to tell you what its like with out them. I also feel so much for her. Ovarian Cancer is such a horrific disease. I was on the Ovarian Cancer fundraising committee and it was one of the best things I have ever done. May God grant eternal rest on her soul.

In other news, Allegra is one very soon. I cant believe how fast it has gone. She is crawling around still but desperately trying to stand. She has had a few falls but I guess you get that. She is a little chubber too

We are having a birthday party on Australia Day. Its the nearest day off to her Birthday and also my inlaws anniversary so it will be a good day. Ive bought heaps of pink things and we have been working at cleaning up our yard. its such a mess as we have done nothing for years! DH and I normally opt for another holiday rather than outdoor renos!

Baby - well we were thinking of trying end of the year but it will now be December/Jan to start. I am Matron of Honor in December and My SIL and our cousin both getting married in Jan. So I want to be free of any morning sickness and well, I want to be able to enjoy all the bachelorette functions!!! So we will postpone for three or four months which is no big deal.

Weight. hmmm i'm tyring to get back to wedding weight! I am back to pre pregnancy weight but have 5 kgs for wedding weight although everyone is telling me it was too thin so I will see how I go. I am trying to tone at the moment and then take it from there. Have bought an excersize bike and treadmill for home so thats my start. I hate going to the gym as I would have to leave Allegra in the creche or have a babysitter which becomes a pain if I want to go every second day.

OK - Allegra is wanting bed. Be on again soon
    T x

Oh Sarah, I am so sorry to hear you lost your mom It must have been a horrible Christmas without her and I am sure you miss her every day. Sending you a monster hug and wishing you and your family lots of strength.

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been in. BB has been a pain to load lately. it always freezes on me and I end up getting the ****es and giving up, LOL I think the server they changed to isn't too kind on dial up.

Kayla and I are doing well. Kayla is crawling, pulling herself up on furniture, says mama, dada, nana, nigh nighs (well tries to), once said ba for bath and her new vocal thing is when I say "what nosie does a puppy dog make?" she makes a woof woof noise with her mouth shut. She thinks she is very clever and we are very proud

She is 10.5kg and 82cm (approx). Yes she is a tall girl!

TTC- We will be trying for bub #2 in August this year.

Can you believe our babies will be ONE very soon....... time has just flown by!We will be having a BBQ for Kayla's birthday. I think 30 or so people are going to be invited. As long as it doesn't rain, we will be fine. Hmmm never thought what we would do if it were to rain.......

Weight- I am currently trying to get down to my prepregnancy/wedding weight. I have 4 or 5 kg to loose, so not overly much, but I tell you it's damn hard. I am using a site called Calorie King and it helps so much. You put in your weight and height. It then gives you a range of what your weight should be ie. mine at 170cm should be anywhere between 58 and 75kg. I am heading for 58 (what I was). It asks you what your target weight is and calculates what your daily calorie intake should be. You then put in everything you eat/drink of a day (it has a search button and has all brands of everything on the system).

My diet is very low in carbs and ofcourse fats. I have never eaten much junk, but I love my pasta etc, so the carbs were a prob for me. It was hard at first to cut down, as I still felt hungry, but my body is use to it now.

I am currently back to riding my stationary bike at home. Teena, if we lived closer to one another we could be exercise buddies I am also plannign on goign back to swimming. Maybe when DH gets home of an afternoon.

Ok I will stop rambling now

Oh Sarah, {{{HUGS}}} sweety. Talk soon!

Oh we were on 2nd page!

Kayla had a few days there where she didn't want to go to sleep on her own. We had to sit on the floor next to her cot (not looking at her) untill she fell asleep. It didn't take her long but it wasn't like her at all.

Monday she went to sleep herself again which was good.

Last night though she woke up at midnight screaming. I think it's her teeth bothering her. I gave her panadol and put som gel on her gums and had to rock her to sleep in the chair. Poor thing

Other then that we are good. She is 10.6kg (got her weighed yest) and is 80cm (my measurements I did were slightly out. I thought she was taller)

What is everyone doing for their bubbas first birthday?

We are having a BBQ and finger food her at our place. Just family and close friends but that is already 32 people or so plus kids. I just hope it doesn't rain! Then on Kayla's actual birthday I will do something with mothers group.

Hi guys,

So sorry it is so long between visits!!

So our bubba's are almost one!! I just did a quick review over previous posts, and it sounds like things are generally good, which is great - and people are talking TTC again!
    We are thinking about ttrying from around July onwards... I'd prefer to have a baby in April onwards next year, but you never get that much say hey!

Bonnie:
    Well we have had a rollercoaster of a year with little Bonnie - mainly food allergy/intolerance related, but we are getting there! I'd love to be able to feed her anything and everything like all the othre babies, but it's a slow road. We had to go back to the basics as she was waking several times a night screaming for 1.5hours a time, and I figured it was food realted. She's been much better on the eilimination diet, so now it's back to introducing foods one at a time, over a week each time - its' so slow and it feels like I have a 6 mnth old again! Good news is she passed wheat, means she can have bread etc.
    Bonnie is still feeding once most of the time at night, the other half of the time she "sleeps through" but we are still up with the dummy a couple of times! At least she isnt screaming as much at night now.

She's started letting go of the furniture and standing no hands for ages, which is scary! And today she started standing up all on her own, without holding onto something (ie: from sitting!) So I dont think walking is too far off! That will change things!

For her b'day we are having a big party in the park which will be nice. I figure her following birthday's can be kept smaller.

Sorry for no personals, but as always I have to fly!

xxxxxx em and bonnie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY babies!

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY ALLEGRA!!!

Hi everyone,
    Apple, it is so great to hear form you again!! Im so sorry you had (and still are having) a horrible time with Bonnie's allergies. Poor little munchkin :frown: But thats fantastic she passed wheat!

Ben is standing alone too. But only until he realises that he isnt holding onto anything, and then he freaks out a little and looses balance. So its a confidence thing. He LOVES using his musical walker, he runs around the house, but hasnt got the hang of turning yet. So, walking alone is soo close!

For Ben's first birthday we are taking him to the Zoo. Its an "all weather" Zoo, so we dont have to worry if its raining. He loves animals, and his b'day falls on a Sunday, so we are going with a few family members. I will make him a special baby cake. One of my baby books has a special 1st birthday cake recipe that i might try out. I'm really looking forward to it!!

Good news too. Dh has finished his first qualification (in business.. snowy, Industriekaufmann) and passed with a final result of 94%. His boss was so impressed with him, he gave him a bonus and dh got a promotion. He is now Manager of one of the areas of the company. I am so proud of him. He is now half way through his Uni degree in Business... yay!

First snow fell last night. It isnt much, but im so excited... It's supposed to snow tomorrow (properly).

Gotta go and call my dad. I hope everyone is happy and healthy!!

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY PRINCESS ALLEGRA!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Apple- Sorry to hear about the time you have been having with Bonnie's allergies and poor Bonnie. I hope that things improve for little Bonnie. Yay on passing the wheat

Katie- WOOHOO on your DH passing his qulification. What great results!!! And YAY on the promotion. You must be very proud Oh snow.... I miss the snow!

DID U GUYS SEE THAT MBEAR IS PREGNANT AGAIN?? She has an "oopsie" announcement in the Pg announcement section. She is about 6 weeks, due in sept. That's fantastic!!

Wow, its been a long time, but i suppose ive been refelcting on you Feb ladies lately coz all our bubs are (or have - happy birthday Allegra) turning 1 !!!!
    Time flies doesnt it? Sophie isnt walking yet, she's only just mastered crawling. But then she doesnt have to do much of that, coz Emalee (DD#1) just gives her what she initially is crawling to anyway - LOL.

I havent been on BB much - last few weeks i have - but just getting on with life i guess. Back in Oct work asked me to work for them for till end of xmas. I could choose my own hrs and days. So i ended up working 4 hrs a day, for 3 days a week. Im still breastfeeding, and the whole reason i left this job was to be at home with the girls......so here it is feb and im still here. Although now im only 2 days a week, 4 hrs a day. I usually start at 830-1230. Mum and DH help out....its not really for the money, just gets me a tweeny glimpse back into the workforce....

Sophie is a bundle of joy..........im still b/f as i said about 3 times a day (i want to wean her at 12 months, always have, but think she will have other ideas....she loves her booby).She says 'muma' and 'dada', she tries to say 'emmy ' - her sister - but we havent mastered that yet. Seems to know what 'NO' means...but flutters her eyes and gives a cheeky smile and attempts to do whatever she isnt supposed to be doing...again !We've been really lucky with her at night. I put her in at 7pm and hear her singing again at around 730am....honest. It would be months, and months since i last got up for her. She still has her two sleeps a day ....

Not much else to report...except that im PREGNANT. Major surprise ladies, and KAYDEE you bugger, stop laughing. Im on mini pill and b/f but that all went out the window didnt it!!!! We hadnt really planned on 3.....i mean i always wanted 3 but DH was happy with his two girls, and at this present moment i wasnt going to push it.....but fate had other ideas !!! Im about 6-7 weeks and at that queasy stage. I had my first chuck the other day. Not good, especially when you have two littlies to look after....mmm anyway ladies. I have read the past few posts. I love hearing what your little ones are looking like and up to. And it looks like a few of you are planning #2. I must say i love, love the age gap b/w Emalee and Sophie (29 months). I fell pregnant with Soph when emmy was 20 months. Even now its easy with emmy, she tends to entertain herself....There will be a 19 month age gap b/w sophie and this little one, so thats a bit scary. Its taken me a while to get my head around being pregnant again....at first i didnt believe it (denial), but we're SLOWLY coming around.

Snowy
    - heard you were in Syd. I suppose your back home now. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
    PrincessT - thanks for your well wishes.
    Sarah - i am so sorry to hear about your mother. I hope your doing as best you can.
    kaydee - how are ya hun? Congrats to Dh - you have a smarty there.

So when is everyone heading back to work/or are you working p/t already

XXXX

Its great to hear from you Mbear!! I'm great thanks :-). I cant believe mini-pill AND BF! Wow. Its fantastic news though, im really excited for you. Sending you some "go away queazyness" vibes!!
    Looks like i will be heading home in June this year, not August as planned. I cant wait. I might go for 8 weeks. Dh will follow after his exams. Im really looking forward to seeing my family again, i miss them soooooooo much!

Something is bothering me. I might be making a big deal out of nothing... Tell me if i am. Dh and I planned (as you all know) to go with the family to the Zoo on the 25th (Ben's bday). We told the great-Omas, but we hadnt seen Dh's parents for a few days, so didnt get to tell them. I looked on their calander, and there was nothing written on it apart from "free", meaning MIL is off work that weekend. Here's me thinking "oh thats nice that she took off Ben's birthday!". Last night we got a call from MIL saying that she heard we wanted to go to the zoo on the 25th with the family. She then told us that her and FIL cant come because they have a friend's birthday party to go to all day (from 11am - early evening). I was pretty angry that they chose the friend's birthday over their only grandchild's first birthday. I'm making a special cake and everything. And honestly, i though 4 weeks was more than enough notice to give them... and they were talking like "well, you should have told us earlier!". aghhhh. Please tell me im making a big deal out of this, its making my blood boil.

Hello everyone!
    Thank you all for your well wishes for Allegra. She had such a wonderful day and is becoming such a little lady! She had her injections also the other day and she was fine with them - so another hurdle over!!
    Katie - sorry to hear about your inlaws. I would be bringing it up with them seriously and make sure DH sticks with you. It is just unacceptable for them to chose their friend over their grandchild and I for one would be very angry. Hope it works out honey xx
    Snwoy - I was so happy to meet you and sorry we didnt get a chance to say goodbye. I'll email you soon xx
    Nadine - hope you and Kayla are well
    Mbear - up the duff!!! sticky and healthy vives to you. Big wave off to nausea fairy too!
    Well, not such news for me. Have been busy lately with so much on. Allegras birthday and party being number one. My brother is also very sick and needs so much care which is a little draining.
    I'm going to be matron of honor in december so I am helping my friend with wedding plans at the moment which is heaps of fun! I love weddings. They are so much fun to organise and such a happy time yay.
    Its my 30th next week. Thats another piece of news!!! getting to be an bag xx

Sorry it's late, but happy late birthdays to Allegra & Kahlani!

Congrats mbear...ive just found out. so very happy for you all. maybe this time its a boy and thats why it happened so easy...who knows, but i hope you don'ts get too sick.

kaydee....mad mad mad...maybe change your plans and organise a huge party, really go all out and don't tell them until after the event. that will really put there noses out.

it's aidens 1st birthday 2morow and my in laws haven't made any sort of contact since xmas. we are just having dinner at home for my folks and my brother, sil & nephews but they have been hassling me a month to know what we are doing for his birthday. i dont think i should call my in laws as they are just simple not interested.
    im also a bit annoyed with DH...dh told them about my op and i hadnt really told anyone except for my family. MIL kept hounding me about my op and results...im pretty convinced she sees this as an easy way to get rid of me to DIE! ***not that i am*** she has never spoken to me so much in 11 years as she did as xmas time but she wasn't asking nicely she was really quite nosey and ive now found out she's told other people. im pretty mad...lets hope i never have to see them again...oh that would be the ideal world.

take care im off to finish cleaning up my mess from today.

Hello everyone!

Happy belated birthday to all the ones I have missed (Allegra, Kahlani, Aiden). I have meant to post more but the last week in Oz was crazy with seeing everyone who we didn't get to see the first 10 weeks (typical) and on top of that Wolf got tonsillitis and then Zara and Damien got it. (so maybe a good thing we didn't get to catch up, Teena - I would have felt horrible if Allegra had gotten it). The funny thing is that the doc said, that it's not contageious as it is a bacterial infection and unless you share drinks / body fluids, you don't pass it on (and even if you do share drinks the chance was slight). But Zara is so "grabby" and has had zips from Wolf's drinks and BOOM. Poor princess. She has not been well since and still has a monster diarrhea at the moment. When we saw the doc (who said it was'nt contageious) he said he had NEVER seen a case where 3 family members had tonsillitis. Oh well... seems that we are a family that shares a lot of drinks / body fluids... *blush* well.. I didn't get it and I certainly share a lot of fluids / drinks with my kids. Wet/sloppy kisses from my kids or goobered on left over food that they lovingly shove in my mouth (or I can't be bothered to take to the bin and eat), drinks, you name it and I didn't get it. While DH is so careful not to share anything with the kids and then when Wolf seemed to be over it he shared a milkshake with him at the cafe (yep, Teena, Jellyfish) and sure enough he got it 2 days later.
    So sorry Teena for not popping by for Allegra's birthday, but like I had said before, it was pretty hectic and I spent the last 48 hours in Oz packing madly and cleaning up our place. DH's sister has now moved in / is housesitting, which is her first chance to move out of home. I think she is very happy at our place / having her own space.

ANyway... the first week back here in Switzerland has been a shocker with Zara having really awful diarrhea. Not sure if it's a bug, a side effect of the antibiotic or whatever but it's made her so sore, she is actually bleeding now. Poor thing. I will have to try to give her some more naked time - which is hard here in winter...

Mbear - congrats on the pregnancy. Yucky re. the morning sickness. Hope it will pass soon. DH and I are actually tossing up when to have no.3. Part of me thinks that it might not be too bad to have no.3 this year and the other part thinks that I should really try to lose those last 4-5 kgs and do a triathlon before falling pregnant again.

Kaydee - oh boy, I'd be mad! It's their only grandchild and they'd rather see a friend? Hmmm... their priorities seem a bit warped. Well,maybe they can go either in the early morning or in the late afternoon or something, depending on what your plans are?

Narelle - arrrg on MIL and your operation. I hate it when people think they can tell the whole world about your health problems. As if someone's cervical dysplasia is dinner conversation... but i've found the same thing. Unfortunately... but it seems to be my mom who blabs it on to anyone who will listen. I mean not only my dysplasia but also when Zara had the twisted foot my mom told the whole world that my daughter had a clubfoot (which she didn't) and since then I have had so many people ask "oh HOW is Zara" (in THAT tone... )arrrrrrrrrrrg... I think some people like the attention they get with that stuff...

Zara's birthday soon... not sure what we are doing. We will be at my mom's place on the day, so probably just a family do. Maybe my brother can come with his kids and that's already 4 kids that way (or 5 if their no.3 is born before then)

Snowy

Snowy - I so understand where you are coming from. Allegra's foot was also twisted and it went from being twisted and needing some short term physio to people thinking she had a clubfoot too... I wish people would sod off sometimes!

Wilson Guest

MBear - Yay big congrats thats great news even though its a shock

Kaydee- I would be very peed off, i have similar issues that none of hubbys family are coming (they do live a while away though but with cheap airfares etc and the fact that it is the only grandson) i thought they would make the effort, i'm not having much now for Harry, i can't be bothered really sounds awful but with mum not around i'm not in the mood to do something big so we are just having close family and a couple of friends.

Happy Birthday to the bubs i missed Allegra, Kahlani, Aiden hope you all had a wonderful day and Princess T Happy 30th hope you had a wonderful day?

Snowy Hope Zara is feeling better now its awful seeing them sick.

Us- Well we now have a walker he started walking last week and its amazing how much better he is now after just a week, it was so exiting! I love it when they reach new milestones
    Have also had another tooth come through, he now has 2 on the bottom and 1 on top, the first 2 we didn't even realise they just popped through no hassles this last one he has been a bit more grumpy about but the bonjella seems to be working.

Well i'm off to the gym so better go, hope everyone is great!?

Zara is fully walking!

Sarah- Wow clever boy. How exciting

Snowy- Another clever walker Looks sooooo cute!!!

I can't wait till Kayla can walk. 1st reason is so I can buy her shoes, hehehe and 2nd reason is because I won't have to carry her around "all" the time. She is getting quite heavy.

Kayla has 1 new word............ Adam (dh's name). She must have picked it up from when I have said it. Oh and when you ask her what noise a cat makes she makes a meow sound. Her meow is with her mouth closed. Like a high pitche "mmmm" . It is quite cute

cant believe some babies are walking already !!!! Sophie LOVES standing on her feet, and constanly wants me to hold her hands whilst she bops up and down, but she still seems so small to walk
    narelle - grrr at your MIL. I cannot believe they havent seen their grandchildren since xmas. Well, as i say about my in-laws, they are the ones missing out. Your children are not. Whilst its the inlaws that dont bother to see their grandchildren now, it will be your children in a few years time whom cant be bothered to go and visit them. Their time will come.
    Snowy - wow a triathalon b4 falling preggers. Now thats a goal. Im sort of over the shock now. Im 32 in May, and always wanted my children b4 i turned 33, so i guess that goal has been achieved. Its nice for me to think this time next year my pregnancy days are over....dont get me wrong, i truly lurvvvvvvve being pregnant, but in a way i want to start moving on to the next stage of life - kwim?
    yay on zara walking.....when did Wolf walk?
    Teena - yay on turning 30. I actually would prefer to be 30 than 20! I dunno, i think at 30 you have an idea where your life is heading......your content. does that make sense.....?I hope you enjoyed your 30th birthday celebrations anyway.

Happy valentines ladies, i hope DH are good to you all. I dont think we had any Valentines Babies did we?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast