Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2006 #4

Funny thing, most people would be dreading giving birth for the second time... Me, im dreading the morning sickness more. I hope your right Mbear, that morning sickness might not be so bad second time around. I shouldnt let the idea of m/s get in the way of our decision to have (or not to have) another soon.

I recieved my new passport today, I'm so excited, going home soon!! Wish it was forever, but i suppose 9 weeks isnt too bad.

I've signed ben and me up for a parents and baby playgroup, which is to start in August. They have one for all the babies born in 2006. At the moment i dont have any "mummy" friends... and i only know 1 person with a baby, but she is very young (18) and it's difficult to get along with her (she is a bit of a rebel). I'm really nervous about it, as my German is still very bad, but im sure I'll be okay, i just have to jump in the deep end sometimes.

I got news on sunday that my cousin died. I've been pretty down since then. My uncle took him on a holiday to Europe and they arrived home on the Saturday, and when my uncle went to wake my cousin on Sunday, he found him. My cousin had cerebral palsy pretty severe and was 18. Im not too sure what happened, but the saddest thing is that his mum died of cancer 1 year ago (she was 44 i think), and i was pretty close to her. But i feel at peace knowing that they are together again.

Katie- Aww I am so sorry about your cousin. So sad! Good Luck with the playgroup. I am sure you will be fine

Narelle- Congartulations. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy

Sarah- Oh do you have some news for us all???? Do tell How are you going?

mbear- Wow your pregnancy has flown by so far. Let us know how the ultrasound goes

Oh you girls are making me clucky. Damn you (hahaha).

Us- Well Kayla took heaps of steaps yesterday. 5 or 6 lots of 5-6 steps. I got it on my phone video. So proud of her. Hehehe. Might not be too long now!

I have booked her into Gymbaroo. We start next friday. Swimming also resumes this coming monday. She goes up a class so that will be different.

Wilson Guest

Katie - So sorry to read about your cousin, its nice he had a nice trip with his dad though.

Narelle - Thanks for the link, i've favorited it now

Me - Well seems you all asked, yeah i think i'm pregnant again
    It just doesn't feel real yet which is weird because the minute i got the positive with Harry i was telling everyone. But 7 tests later all positive i'm pretty sure lol.
    The doctor is getting me a dating scan though as i had irregular periods since going off of the pill again so at least as of next week i shall know all is ok or not and will then tell everyone.
    We are very excited but sometimes i look at Harry's little face and think poor little guy he isn't going to be getting all of our attention anymore but i know he will love a brother or sister. No morning sickness as yet just the occasional sweep of nausea but its early day due early december if all goes ok.

When are you due Narelle?

Harry is great, he is really understanding everything now, if i say lets go up the stairs he runs over to them or i get the car keys out he runs to the door that goes to the garage, i love how he is learning now, i think this is my favourite age

Nadine - Yay on Kayla taking steps won't be long and you won't stop her, we were looking at Gymbaroo as well, i went to a playgroup up here but the kids were all 3 ish and a bit rougher so don't really want Harry there yet will try again maybe. Hope you guys are going well, sounds like you are busy. Take care and give Kayla a hug from Harry

Oh CONGRATULATIONS Sarah You sneaky thing

Just looked at your webpage. Gosh Harrison has grown. Such a handsome boy too!!!

Yep will give Kayla a cuddle from him

Wilson - congrats hon. Kinda thought you were.....nice age gap you will have.

Can i be a snoopey poopey and ask what brand that bedspread is in your website?????? (here's nadine commenting on your son, and im commenting on a bedspread....i feel silly)....i LOVE IT. I LOVE bedspreads. I just bought a woolrest one and have the need for MORE !! LOL......

Lol Mbear... It is a very nice spread though!

WOW! babies left right and center. Huge congratulations to you Sarah! Harry is so cute, and it's really wonderful he is able to wear some of A's outfits!! I would have loved if MIL kept some of Dh's clothes. Ben does have a teddy that belonged to Dh when he was little, which was knitted by his grandma (Ben's great-grandma), he sleeps with it every night. Also, he plays with some wooden blocks that belonged to DH, even has his name scribbled on some of the blocks in 4 year old writing. cute. And this easter MIL gave Ben a baby cutlery set that was once Dh's.. But since then it has been given to all the cousins to use, so it's been around quite a bit.

talking about Dh, he is so clucky!!! My boobs have been feeling weird lately, and yesterday i mentioned this to Dh and he had the biggest smile on his face and said "ohh, please dont get my hopes up!!!" ´haha. He really wants another now. hmmmm.

Sarah, you mentioned that this is your favourite age.... I agree! It's sooooooooo fun. Ben is learning so much! He isnt talking yet, but im 100% sure that is due to the two languages, im sure it's a little confusing. He says "dada", but only says "mum" on the odd occasion. the in-laws (and Dh) all call me "mama", but i call myself "mummy" or "mum"... Im sure once we go to Australia things will get easier, it will be english all the time. Im really looking forward to it.

Wilson Guest

Thanks Nadine, MBear and Kaydee

Kaydee - I would definately have thought having 2 languages would limit Ben's words, Harry has only just in the last week or so started to say a few more before it was mainly mama, dada, ta, there, etc. So you won't be able to stop Ben once you get here i bet your family is so excited to see you, how exciting!

MBear - Lol i had to go in and have a look at what bedspread i had a pic of, i adore bedspreads i have completely changed styles i like in the last year had a lot of stripey ones and now have i a few more girly ones, hubby doesn't understand the need for more than 2 so i have to explain, anyways i went and had a look and the tag says heritage...i know he bought it at Myer though...

I think all our babes are just the cutest lol

Hello girls!!!

Sorry for not posting for such a long time - and oh my, the news I have missed!!!!!

Narelle, congrats on your pregnancy! Wow - no.3 on the way! How exciting.

And Sarah, congrats on your pregnancy too! Wow, how funny is that, Mbear, Sarah and Narelle all pregnant again!!! So you'll all have an age gap of about 2 years. I think that's really popular at the moment. Most of our friends seem to have them 2 years apart.

Well... me... I keep tossing up no.3 and sometimes think that maybe 2 is it. I feel so torn as it is between Wolf & Zara. I feel like I don't give enough attention to either of them and they both still need so much of it too. Also, I like that I am slowly getting my life back a bit. I am going to yoga, I am running, I have been going out a bit... the thought of being pregnant again, of the morning sickness, of gaining all that weight again only to have to lose it again, potentially getting more stretch marks, the thought of another caesarean, the thought of having 1 E cup and 1 A cup boob again, the pain of that blocked stupid breast, not being able (or having the energy) to go out, boob too big for sport, ... all those things weigh so heavily at the moment against a third. I think I will wait to feel more clucky before even thinking about no.3. Sometimes I think that maybe I should just not breastfeed no. 3 to take at least that worry away but then I feel so guilty since i breastfed Wolf for 8 months and Zara for 6 months, how could I treat baby 3 differently... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg... and then DH's work situation is totally up and in the air at the moment. He wants to quit, so it's not really time to think about a third baby either. (gawd, I am making a lot of excuses, aren't I)

But then on the other hand I so wanted to enjoy that feeling of being pregnant again that I had with Wolf. I just loved my pregnancy with Wolf (okay, not the morning sickness, but the rest of it). I loved feeling him grow inside of me. I think I would like to feel that again. But in order to enjoy it, I guess I need to be totally ready for it and I just really don't seem to be ready yet.

Gawd, do I sound totally negative? I am sorry if I do. I am totally excited for you girls though!!! (which I guess is a good sign... and I do cooo at little newborns... )

ANYWAY... let's leave the baby subject for a sec.

Zara is RUNNING. It's so funny. She just let go of my hand a few days ago and since then has just been walking walking. She doesn't crawl at all anymore (well bumshuffle that is). She is walking all the time, has been running even (and in flipflops too!). She is suddenly so big!!!
    As to talking: I don't think the 2 languages necessarily means anything. Kids are so clever - much more clever than we think they are. And it's so much fun when they talk in both languages. Just read him lots of books (and get DH to read to him too) and it will all just bubble out of him one day. Wolf got to this phase when he was 16 months or so, where he just said a new word a day. It was just sooooooo much fun! I loved that. (still do actually - he still sometimes surprises me with the things he says - yesterday he said in the most annoyed tone "Jesus Christ!" to me, ha ha ha)

As to travelling: oh Katie, it is hard, especially when you are on your own. DEFINITELY get the bulk head seats because at least there you have space. Try to get an aisle seat because otherwise you will have to climb over other people (though they do tend to squash moms & bubs at the window.. i think it's because of the location of the oxygen mask). Since Ben is walking, he will probably want to walk for a lot of the flight (which is tiring... ). Do you have the night flight out of Frankfurt? Keep him awake until take off, then if you are lucky, you might get him to sleep all the way to Singapore.(oh no, you are flying Emirates/ so you are not stopping there? well on the 1st leg anyway)
    No, he won't fit in the basinette, they are okay weight wise but length is the problem. He will probably sleep on you (which means you won't get a lot of sleep).

It is definitely hard... especially if you are on your own... but remember: it's 24hrs and then you'll be in oz!!!!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmm... anything else??? Well, it looks like with the new potential job, DH might have to work in London 4-5 days of the week which means long-distance relationship for us. Arg... but we are not moving ... at least not for now...

Snowy

I was in the loungroom with kayla this moring. I was standing at the tv cabinet and Kayla was standing at her walker which was about 1.5 meters away from the cabinet. I saw something move in the corner of my eye and thought I would look. And here was Kayla walking over to the TV. No prompting. Did it all on her own. YAY

We are definately going out this weekend to buy her some shoes!!!!

Snowy- Clever Zara on the running. I think kayla has a little longer before she can do that, hahaha

Katie- Ooooo will you be the 4th in the group to announce something????

Favourite age- Yep totally agree aswell!!! I do love ALL ages (especially newborn, *cluck* *cluck*) but at this age you can really see Kayla's little personality coming out properly. And they are learning so fast. Adorable!!!

Snowy - I love reading books to Ben. Reading the German ones is a great help to me aswell!
    I can understand your feelings towards a third. You really need that time to yourself, so dont feel guilty about it. Happy mummy = happy baby. I also have that feeling of not being able to give the attention that they need. I'm spending time with Ben so much, i really dont like interupting his Schedual (sleep, eat). So i dont get much time to myself. At the moment Im really not happy, so maybe i should start putting myself first, and not Ben or DH. I think this trip to Oz will clear my head, at least i hope so.
    Zara: running? wow! Ben is really fast too. I suppose you can call it running!
    Travelling: I will definately be requesting the bulk-head. Im freaking out still, but we do have a late flight.. well 9pm, which is an hour after Ben's bed time. We are flying from Duesseldorf to Dubai, I think we are in Dubai for 4 hours. Then straight to Melbourne from there. My dad has taken a few days off so he can help me recover.

Nadine - It's amazing how that can happen!! when ben was just starting, i would see him in the corner of my eye and think "no... really? WHAT?" haha. Wohoo for Kayla!!

Gotta go, Ben wants cuddles! Take care everyone!

Hi there girls,

yes, Katie, I think it's a great idea to just go to Oz and clear your head and enjoy your time and then maybe you know an answer.

I went for a run today and thought again how much I enjoy this time to myself (Wolf and Zara both cried when I left and when I got home I could hear Wolf through the door going "Mama, ich hab Dich vermisst" (Mama I missed you) - I felt so bad yet so much enjoyed those 40 mins on my own)

Great that your dad is taking time off. That will be a huge help! Your flight to Dubai will probably be fine seeing that it's so late. He'll probably just fall asleep. But the second leg might be hard.

Snowy, reading your post was like reading my own head 6 months ago....i was pretty happy with our lot, DH and i were going out to dinner again etc, we were saving $$$, planning hols for the girls when they get that bit older....and then we DTD !!! This pregnancy really shook both of us, and for ALL those reasons you listed i was in a way heartbroken when i saw those two lines....I do understand your points, and you know what, that feeling of bubs growing inside, the kicks etc, i dont think a women ever looses that want, that need to feel it again...KWIM? I reckon when im 50 i will still reflect on how wonderful pregnancy is etc....doesnt always mean i need to be pregnant. Gawd, am i making sense? I think what your feeling is totally normal....im so glad M/S for me is over, i will never be 12, 13, 14 wks pregnant again...i sound ungrateful, i dont mean to be, i just want to start living my life with my children and DH, rather than creating life.......
    Ohhhhh Katie, i do feel for you travelling with Ben. My cousin went to UK when her son was ben's age and i think she gave him a sedative or something...she just couldnt handle him !!!When we recently went to Japan (for a weekend LOL) there was a newborn (maybe 4 mths) on plane, and she cried the whole way (almost). People were grunting and groaning, but i felt so sorry for the parents.

Nadine can you get Kayla to talk to Sophie pluuuuuse...she has no intention of walking....little bugger. And yes, i love this age too. I love how sophie eats what we eat now, she knows whom people are, she can feed herself....a real little person. i walked out b4 with a face mask on , i forgot i had it on, she was just staring at me, amazed, then came over to my face and was just staring....so cute.

Hi there+ me again!

Well done Kayla on walking to the TV set!! Yeah!!! (I forgot to say that last time, well done!!)

Mbear, just wait, I am sure she is just waiting for the right moment. Wolf & Zara's cousin didn't walk until he was almost 18 months and just walked absolutely perfectly. He walked like 2 blocks down the street a week after finally walking.

Thanks for being so honest to say that you were shocked. I am glad to hear I'm not the only one... I felt so selfish ... but glad to hear you felt like that too. And it doesn't mean you won't love that baby to bits and miss the pregnany later in life... but it is a pretty big impact on your body and life and everything... but then you think how CUTE that little bubba is gonna be and how your heart melts when you see bubs on the ultrasound and it's suddenly all worth it... . funny that, hey?

But funny thing is, since writing that I have been thinking "oh... no, I don want another one" ... .lol... but NOT NOW... maybe sometime mid 2008... when Zara is 2.5 and Wolf almsot 4... aaaaaaaaaaaah... there we go again... but Zara has been soooooooo cute and DH always goes "oh common we HAVE to have another one - she is so cute" lol

Snowy

Hi girls..thanks for all your well wishes.

Kaydee: im so sorry to hear bout your cousin. my love to you and your family. have you got any news yet?????

Snowy: not selfish just practical and a little cautious....i have had such easy pregnancies apart from the morning sickness with aiden and easy c-sections, recovery and my kids don't seem to want to feed so they both went on the bottle when i got home and my boobs settle really quick,...sometimes bad things just rattle you. you'll know if and when you are ready for #3 "cause there just so god damn cute you could squish there little faces!!!!"

Walking: congrats zara, ben, harry and kayla...you guys need to word up aiden he will only walk if we prompt him or hold his hand and he's soooooo heavy.

wilson - congrats on your positive result...i still haven't organised a blood test yet but by my dates im dute DECEMBER 18, but cause of having a c-section will be early december. i think im about 6 weeks at present. no morning sickness yet (touchwood) but ive had 2 mornings of get waves of nausea but can't complain.

we've decided to tell mum and dad and my brother and SIL mother's day, the day after my 30th birthday! everyone else we thought we'd try to wait until zara's 4th birthday in july when i bout 16-17 weeks or so, it should make it go faster!

take care im sorry if ive forgotten anyone aiden is ready for his arvo sleep.

Wilson Guest

Yay Kayla very exciting, you won't stop her now

Kaydee - good luck with the flight, i hope it isn't to bad for you, we had a 2 hour flight to townsville and it sucked but the air) hostesses should help you out on the big flights.

Narelle - Cool we shall have bubs around the same age again i'm sure dec 8th at the moment having a scan on Friday so hopefully everything is all ok, i've started getting mild morning sickness already so went straight to the doctor and got maxalon this time, hopefully it stays mild and not severe.

Snowy - i completely understand what you are saying as well, i think ultimately we'll end up with 3 but the thought of 2 and been done and able to settle down and sleep all night etc is lovely, will see how we go with m/s as to whether i go again lol

Hope all the bubs are good.
    What time do you put them down to sleep? Harry has been going down at 6:30pm for the last while and he wakes at about 6:30am but we leave him play till 7amish. But this way we don't have dinner together, h eats at 5:30pm and we eat later when hubby is home, i guess we will change that as H gets older... it would be nice to eat together.

Congrats Wilson...its weird were both due around the same time heh! I hope your M/S isn't going to get too bad. ive finally made a doctors appointment for may 9. i would like a scan too.

Aiden goes to bed 8 - 8.30 and wakes anytime from 7.30 - 8.30. He stays up later to play with his sister, but also my DH plays lots of sports and usually gets home around 8 pm 4 nights a week so we started letting stay up later when we had zara and have just continued it. it doesnt bother me having them up this late...cause i dont want them getting up too early in the morning (i hate early starts!) But i too generally feed the kids around 6pm and us a bit later.

snowy...more on what i said before. i found our decision for 3 and maybe 4 kids was an easy decision because im pretty much a full-time stay at home mum, i work 2 days a week a my parents business but there office is at there house so its really easy for me. i soooo know what you mean when you said "oh there so cute...more more!. i too thought 2008 would be a could year for #3 but this little bub thought otherwise.

take care

Hello my friends,
    Sorry I have been a slacko and not dropped in for ages. Ive just been a little down and not in the mood for chatting... I'm feeling heaps better now though
    Well first of all a massive congrats to Wilson and Narelle (and mbear again!) on your pregnancies (did I miss anyone? Sorry if I did) I hope you have a happy and healthy one with morning sickness getting the big boot!
    Katie - sorry to hear about your cousin. Its so sad when something like that happens. But at least you can be assured he is in heaven with his mum. It was just his time to go.
    Nadine - good news about Kayla walking. It wont be long until she is running everywhere. Allegra is doing good with the walking. She is still crawling alot but can walk when she wants too! She has been really sick with a cough and high temps for about 2 weeks and I think she didnt have the energy for walking. Now she is better she seems to be doing it again.
    We found out when she was sick that she is allergic to penicillin. She came out in the most ungodly looking rash poor little cherub. At least it was only a skin reaction and nothing worse. The Dr knows now and we will steer clear in the furture.
    What else is new? Nothing much here. Allegra is a real talker. She says mumma, dadda, legra, nonna, bubbub (as in Bubchia which is grandmother in polish) and other random words like yellow, oh oh, car, duck - she just comes out with them and you turn around and say "what did you say?" and she laughs.
    She is a funny little thing - she hears John's car in the driveway and stands at the front window waving and saying "tata" - I dont quite know how she knows which car is his but she must know he comes home just as she is having dinner or something.
    Snowy - how are the kids? They are such cuties. Sad about DH having to work in London so much. At least you can make him spoil you as compensation!!
    We are thinking of doing some renovations. DH and I cant agree where the kitchen should be relocated too. He just doesnt want to listen to anything I suggest and I feel like knocking him on the head hahah he is so hard headed!
    OK - well I am so tied (and have a bit of a hangover from a dinner last night) so I am going to bed with a book.
    Chat soon
    T

Nice to hear from you PrincessT...glad Allegra is going really well and sounds like a great talker (it's a bit of a girl thing!)

Mbear - how did your ultrasound go? Boy or girl? or is it a secret? I hope you got really good results on you both.

Wilson - off to the doctor tomorrow now...doctor cancelled may 9 so i should be able to find out exact due dates soon.

i hope all mums and bubs are well

take care

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast