Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #10

Michelle - Thanks. I love the bag too. I am telling everyone about it. I don't usually have anything that is fashionable, so I feel ultra stylish. We got Tobi's helmet from Target or K-Mart, can't remember which. They had infant ones, but we got the next size up so that he could have a Thomas helmet. We have tightened the straps as far as they will go and even though there is no way that it will come off, it wobbles around a little. It is funny, my DH said the exact some thing about Tobi and him not having any more teeth through yet and how he can't eat steak like a man!!! Tobi still only has the two, but it makes him look like a baby still. I am feeling a bit sad that he is growing up.

I was looking at flights today and then when to book them and they have all sold out at the cheap price. Don't you hate that!! So annoyed!!

hey hey
    jemima has no cows milk and is not really interested, probably doesnt help that i am not really interested in heating it up or whateva..... i think about trying but she has her morning and night time feed and eats heaps of cheese and yogurt so i figure she is getting enough calcium
    juice - i asked the doc today coz jemima LOVES it, as long as there is no added sugar there is NO difference between feeding your baby a heap of fruit or a cup of juice, jemima LOVES her water too so i am not worried about her getting obsessed with juice, and she loves her fruit too, but any of you that were worried about vitamin C, i think they will be getting heaps with fruit and juice
    fish, jemima has only had fish and chips eheheheheh and she loved it, oh and she has tuna in a tuna thing i make and also in some of the babyfood i buy if you are really worried about the omega stuff you can get fish oil for babies which is supposed to be good for their brains....

tv - jemima watches NONE, if any we are talking neighbours if she is not having tea in the kitchen or dr phil when i am watching it if i am home..... i dont sit her in front of dvds and dont even know if my tv's rabbit ears pick up ABC, sometimes the tv is on for background noise (which is so bad, you are not meant to do that as it makes it hard for kids to learn to concentrate on one thing coz they will be used to something always on) and she hits the tv but doesnt watch it) she loves music and is teaching herself how to press all the buttons on my stereo which is cute when she finds a song she likes she crawls away and starts bobbing away dancing to it and then she spends the rest of the time playing with her toys or standing at the front screen talking to the dogs

for the belly buddies early feb, Anne says hello, Cam had his first birthday this week and is doing great

i am going to upload a photo of jemima grocery shopping, she is awesome and her walking felicity

gotta buy jemima's birthday pressie soon, not 100% sure what we will get her for a 'special' pressie, like the idea of bike or car or something but not sure yet - definately a doll she has been so so so cute lately, her carebear is her favourite toy and she brushes his hair and gives him her water bottle!!!!! i didnt think she would interact like that until she was almost 2 so i think she is going to love a little doll and we got her a backpack in the shape of a poodle that has a harness attached to it, it is pink and so so retro cool, she better love it coz i do!

8kg!!! tashie you rock, how long did it take you to loose 8kg?? that's cool, i am hoping people notice at jemima's party that i have lost almost 10kg since they saw me at her christening but if they dont they will notice at my birthday in april when i lose another 10, i cant wait so i can STOP thinking about it... i am now ready to maintain but still HAVE to lose 10 to get to pre pregnancy weight (and weight i think i will have to be to get pregnant again)

good luck tomorrow kristy

michelle - those websites rock, bella is a star in your SILs....that will be a good site when it is finished, which reminds me i gotta look up daycare website for thefun of it.... you are so right that daycare will be harder for you than for bub
    Last edited by smylie; February 6th, 2008 at 08:15 PM.

Gosh, so much to reply to, but a bit tired and unmotivated.

Just wanted to say a massive Congrats to you Kristy!!!!! Hope all goes well.

Looks like we'll have plenty of time to practice - we had a chat about when we would TTC again and decided we probably won't until Dec. Oh well, as long as we get pregnant within 8months of then there'll still be a 3yr gap or less.

Good luck with starting work, Michelle. My work is settling down a bit - its still a funny department, but I've decided not to get upset, as I am only there 2 days/wk. And my job is hugely busy, but I have already met lots of wonderful little babies, so the days go fast.

Will reply to more stuff soon....

ps - best bag ever tashie

Tash - thanks for the info on helmets - I didn't realise they had infant sizes. We'll look tonight when we go shopping for another present for Bella because he insisted we give her the couch we got for her birthday, because he couldn't bear to hide it from her. He is such a baby...

Kel - Bella kisses and hugs her "babies" all the time (Speedy the turtle, the Glow Worm, a little doll she has). She is soooo affectionate! MIL has bought her a cabbage patch doll for her birthday. I'm sure she'll love it! She also loves music - Bella and Jem should get together for a bit of a baby disco I reckon! How cute would that be - two babies gettin' into the groove??!! lol Glad to hear you've stayed in contact with Anne and glad to hear all is well! We're not sure what else to get Bella either. She LOVES the bike we got her for her birthday and cries when we take her off it - not sure if that's a good thing or bad...! I know you will think of something awesome and we'll all be saying "I wish I'd thought of that!!".

Kym - I'm sure I will be fine. I'll be working in the same department as my sister although I'll be working on a separate project. In fact, there are only two or three people I don't know in the department, so it'll be just like I've been on a really long holiday! It'll be pretty full-on so I hope that makes my days fly, so I can get back to my babies. I will also be finishing at 3.30pm most days, so it'll be daylight when I pick them up - not dark like it used to be for Bri.

Gotta go - we've got to take Bri to school, have a sleep then go to child care again for more "orientation"!

Kel - That is a really good point about bubs not being able to concentrate without the noise if they are so used to it. Thanks for mentioning that. I will have to make sure i turn it off as much as possible. When I say I have lost 8kg, that is over the last couple of months. And no one has really noticed yet, but I can definitely feel it in my clothes. I really want to have the shock factor too when I see my friends at the end of the month. But I too, have a long way to go till I am back to a normal weight. My BMI is 29.9 at the moment (woo hoo...I am not obese!! Just very over weight), it would be good to have a BMI of 22 I think. And to think it was 19 when I was at school less than 10 years ago!
    You guys are all making me feel guilty with all these cool pressies. I was actually thinking about not getting anything major for Tobi. Mainly as he has so much stuff already from Christmas and he is having a party so I am sure he'll get more stuff. I figured that I might get something later when he is starting to grow out of the stuff he has and call that his birthday pressie. The process is really daunting for me. I have no idea what he needs or will like to play with. I would like to get him one of those bikes that Bella has though and a couch too.

I am getting a couch for Monkey too! Although the one I want isn't in stock at moment, so will be after her B'day - bummer....

And Luke spent his Christmas present from work (Westfield voucher) on her recently too and bought a massive set of old fashioned wooden blocks, so that's kind of a b'day pres too.

We aren't going all out for the same reasons as you, tashie.

I think i'll save the bike for Christmas this yr - she wouldn't be tall enough for anything yet!!! (still hasn't broken the 70cm barrier!!!)

Somebody has woken and is calling out for service!

it is also that they cant concentrate on one thing if they are never fully focused on one thing or something, just a trap i didnt want to fall into but still love my background noise, just a little more concious of it....

jemima has a carebear couch so we have to think of something cool for her birthday.... we have a great idea but it is not available for a while so keeping it hush hush til we do get it and it may be for xmas ho hum.... but we DID get her the cutest backpack that is in shape of pink poodle (did i already rave about this) and it has a harness attached to it... i got her cousin one with a cow on it... they will be too kool for skool!

jem is asleep in the car and i want a shower.... i hope she transfers!!!!!!

I am wondering if having too many toys out for Tobi to play with at one time will have the same concentration problems. What do you think?

one of my friends did think that and has just put away 2/3rds of her daughters toys
    she figured baby was overwealmed by amount of toys so didnt get full value of any of them

On the toys subject: my house is like Toys R Us. There are toys upstairs, in the toy room, lounge room & outside. I just have them spread out so that whatever room they are in, there are toys there, rather than breaking into my stuff! LOL. I do rotate them throughout the rooms though so they don't get bored.

KRISTY _ When do you want to catch up honey?

Hi Girls,

Went to the Dr today and it was all confirmed I am up the duff!!!! She did my blood work and gave me a referral for a dating scan if I wanted one. I know the exact day of my last period and definently when I did the DTD ( thats not hard when it was once for the month) so don;t know if I will worry this time. I am excatly 5 weeks so early days.

Rang the Gyno who is doing the colopscopy next week and he said it was perfectly safe to do during pregnancy, though they may not take a biopsy. That is next Tuesday so that will be a relief when it done.

I'm another one that is not sure of what to buy Erin for her b'day. She go a couch for xmas and my mum has bought a little push bike ( not sure what they are called) and some table and chairs. She also gets so much! Would like to get her things for outside but seeming it is only sand at the moment not much point.

JAYNE - Would love to catch up hon, will get all this medical stuff sorted then we can make a date. I am good for Mon, Tues or Fridays.Can't wait to meet you.

Erin had swimming yesterday and she loved it, slept very well last night too I think she was worn out.

Just had a afternoon tea with some girlfriends so was hard to keep quiet. Got a bit annoyed as I had Erin and will have this bub private and they are all going on how when i last went private I still had to pay so much when they get it all for free with public etc etc. It's a personal choice but it just p'd me off . Must be hormones!! I feel so tired but then again I always feel tired.

Erin had swimming yesterday and she loved it, slept very well last night too I think she was worn out.

Thanks for all your congrats and support, I sometimes feel closer to you girls then my real flesh friends!! xxx
    Last edited by Kristy D; February 8th, 2008 at 08:39 AM.

benji's parents may be buying jem a swing set for birthday so that will be cool

kristy - so excited for you!! get the dating scan.... get an official date and maybe a photo?

jayne - i spread jem's toys out a bit but still have far too many 'out' for her, my friend is going to rotate her toys monthly

michelle - jem has been kissing and cuddling this carebear since she could pull her way over to him, but we always were unsure if she liked him or hated him coz when she could she would crocodile roll him like she thought she was steve irwin so we used to say 'crikey' so cute!!

me - not pregnant just a hormonal ***** to everyone lately, was kinda lucky my friend didnt come over today, as went off at benji as soon as he got home today and still not 100%, he just hates confrontation so doesnt react when i yell so i yell louder and it all goes to crap

KRISTY - I'm good for Friday's, so you just let me know when you are free & we can sort something out. You can come to us, or me to you, whatever you so desire! I don't blame you on the private health. I had both my girls privately & I paid out of my pocket for them, also when Jessica had her tonsils removed, I had to pay about $600 - $700 from memory & it just annoys me that I have private cover but yet I still have to pay! It's frustrating. What hospy are you going to?

KEL _ I hope that you get to go to bed early honey & rest up. Go buy yourself a book & lie in bed at night & read.

Love Jayne

Kristy - I do agree, private health costs a lot more than you expect it would, especially compared to public hospitals. But I personally wouldn't have it any other way and good on you if this is the decision that you have made. I know it was the little things that made it worth it for me. I had my own room and ensuite and my DH got to stay in hospital with me the whole time and had a trundle bed in my room. He was only home from Iraq for the birth (9days), so I would have been so upset if he couldn't stay.

We did the Core Blood Storage with Tobi. Did anyone else do it? It costs a lot and don't know if we would do it again for the next one. I think i'd like the baby bonus to go straight into my pocket this time.

We have put 2/3 of Tobi's toys away and rotate them every fortnight and then also have toys up stairs and others down stairs, but I might spread them out a little more and see if it makes a difference. His favourite toy is still a green stress ball that we got as a freebie from somewhere. That always stays out.

Kel - Sounds like you need some 'me' time. See if you can get Benji to look after Jem this weekend for a bit and get out for a pedicure or something. Or even just out for a walk with the pram. I go when Tobi is asleep so that he doesn't worry me and I always feel better after the fresh air.

Brissy Girls - Tobi's birthday party is on 2 March at 11am at Roma Street Parklands if you want to come along. It is a teddy bears picnic, so bringing along your favourite cuddly friend is a must. Let me know if you want to come.

PS. Jayne why are you angry??

Kel, I am PMSL, picturing Jem the Crocodile Hunter! I hope you're feeling better. I def think you need some "you" time too.

Jayne, I totally agree re the private cover. If you're covered, then it shouldn't cost you anything IMO. Although I caught a bit of Oprah yesterday and the day before and it seems that the people who were involved in the 911 attacks get health care than those with health insurance over there. Scary. My second cousin lives in the US and he pays over $700 per month for his insurance. Unbelievable! And it's not necessarily going to save him if he gets sick. One woman was told her tumor wasn't life threatening so her insurance wouldn't cover it. She died from that non-life-threatening tumor. Very sad. We do have it good here in comparison, but it could still be improved.

Tash - Ooh! Another birthday party! I'll have to see if we're free! Sounds like fun!

I'd better go. I'm writing a course on how to build websites at the moment and I'm doing little video things. All very exciting but they take ages because I keep stuffing them up and i have to start them again. ARGH! Have a great weekend everyone!

Hey Tash - I'm fuming because Alan's roster got changed & he gets home this Thursday coming (14 Feb) rather than the following Thursday (21 Feb) so he is going to miss Claudia's birthday & as such, I've had to change the date of her party so that he can come. It might sound stupid, but I'm just sick of living for the 10 days that Alan is home & having to swap everything about all the time. Stupid really, but maybe I'm hormonal, but it's really jacked me off!

BBL for personals. I have a gf coming for dinner.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast