Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #10

Default Babies Born February 2007 #10

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in February 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

woooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooo
    considering how freakin busy i am i cant believe i am first and been on the computer so often this weekend!!!
    gotta go to the gym and then finish cupboard, rearrange jem's room and then we plan to "nip" up to montville for a drive
    but anyhow woooo hoooooooooo me first!

cate - how are you going???

Hi Ladies,

KEL - Way to go girl with the wardrobe and all that edging, making me feel very lazy. Great news about the job as well. I still volunteer once a fortnight for 5 hours doing phone counselling have been at the agency for 5 years now. Gets my brain working but doing something I find rewarding.

JAYNE - Poor Claudia, how is she going now sweet? That must have been so scary for you. In anotehr post you asked where we are we are just up the hill from Pioneer world if you know where that is? Just off Armadale Road. We could always meet at one of the shops even as I am happy to drive anywhere.
    KYM - I can imagine being back at work would be really hard, hang in there and I'm sure you will feel more settled in a few weeks. Try and block out all that negative energy from those nasty co workers.
    RYN - How is bubs burn now? That must have been scary. Hope you enjoyed your psuedo - Australia Day celebrations.

We had a wedding last night so hubbys parents came to our house to look after Erin. His mum was really nervous but Erin was really good ate, slept perfectly so that was good. Didn't drink but still feel hung over from lack of sleep. Both Erin and I have got runny noses and a bit of a cough at the moment which is a bummer. Have enrolled Erin in Swimming Wednesday mornings and a Playgroup for Fridays so will be nice to get out a bit more, that all starts next week.

Hi girls.

I am shattered. DH woke me up at midnight last night to tell me DS was crying - I was sleeping through it. Why couldn't he have gotten up for once? Half an hour. Not happy. DS had a dressing change today and he's healing really well, maybe another week of bandages, it's really odd because I have never seen a burn heal normally - working as a scientist on burns you only see the infected, granulating, full thickness burns. The skin is really dark, almost black-coffee coloured, where it has healed, but that will fade. Only thing that upsets me is that my mother has told me when she sees it she will wince and say something. I am going to put DS in tights when she's down in 3 weeks' time.

Bit scared atm... going to the loo a LOT and DH has decided he's going to re-do the plumbing, this time with a new kitchen. Getting it in April (my mum's old one that she's bored of) and fitting it this summer. He decided just before knocking me up that we needed a new bathroom, fitted it just after conception, I was sans lavatory for days at a time at 6w pg.

Anyway, that was a bit selfish. DS is dropping his balls on the floor (please read that sentence cleanly, he plays with little plastic balls) so I best put them back on his play-table (aka my coffee table when DS is in bed).

Kel, you're so industrious! Well done you.
    Kristy, good to see you again, well done Erin for being such a good girl. I wish DS behaved for his grandparents!

How is everyone else?

ryn if u think u pregnant do test, thinking about it will drive you AND US crazy!!!!!! i kinda hope you are coz i kinda think you kinda want to be!!! i know i'm not at the moment did a test last week coz i am on crazy diet so have to be careful to stop and eat properly when i get pregnant
    puberts burn must be pretty bad!?? poor little thing but isnt it funny that it is everyone else that seems to be more bothered by injuries than the babies that actually have the injury??!!

kristy - erin's hair looks so long and thick?? she is gorgeous! i thought about doing phone counselling once but it just wasnt the right thing for me at the time when i went to the training and stuff, i am about to stop volunteering at the nursing home too, i am going to try and be more domestic maybe not sure yet

michelle where are you?? (at work??)

I'm not pregnant, can't be, timing is wrong... AF was only last week! But I'll be on tenderhooks until the kitchen is fitted and doing a test right after we've finished LOL.

His burn is healing brilliantly, yes, it does look bad but it really isn't (trust me, I've seen bad burns!) and it doesn't bother him. The bandage is no longer on his foot so I'm going to try to get him to walk when he wakes up this afternoon. Cos I'm sick of holding his hands as he runs around, five months of that really damages your back!

hey ryn
    i just hold one of jemima's hands and i guess am lucky she is tall (i think/thought pubert was too?) jemima's cousin is walking around it looks so funny coz she is so little her birthday 10 feb, so you gotta let go of his hands so he walks without you!!!! he can do it!!!! today jemima walked for ages around montville just holding a hand each of benji and i must have looked so funny coz she is so skinny and little but we were mighty proud of her.
    glad puberts burn is healing well, havent burnt jemima yet, but got her skin caught in a zipper the other day.....

Kel, DS is tall (about 75cm I think, but he hasn't had a growth spurt for a while so is due one) but so am I; I am over 180cm tall. If I were only 5' tall (1.5m-ish) then it wouldn't be a problem!

He's coughing away in bed but not crying, I'm wondering if he's still asleep. He should be. He needs more sleep!

benji has same problem, he is over 180cm tall too (by heaps) so even though jemima is at least 75cm (i gotta get her measured) he finds he has to crouch down.

funny jem is coughing but not crying right now.... cool how babies are the same all over the place

she is all runny snot again, really wish it would go away, dimetapp works a little but am afraid she is not doing her ear infection any good with the snot hanging round

KEL _ Our ENT told us to try & keep Claudia as 'dry' as you can when they have an ear infection. Because the nose, throat & ears are all connected, with bubs who are prone to ear infections, then runny noses, etc... don't do them any favours. He told me to drop one drop in each nostril every morning & night of saline. You know the Fess Little Noses stuff? He also told me that vaporisers are great for drying them out. Have you got one of those? Personally, I never did the saline, but I did do the vaporiser. It's worth a try. It's a shame she is still re-infecting in the summer, as bad as Claudia has been with her ears, the summer has dried them up. Thankfully for good! Best of luck! I really hope that Jem isn't going to need grommets!

RYN _ I"ll have to measure Claudia. She hasn't been to the clinic in ages, but I did put her on the dog scales at the pet store the other day (I know, applaud me for being the Mother of the Year ) & she is 10.3kg. I'm not sure what that is in lb/oz's for you, but it's BIG! I'm wondering if she is tall like Liebs. Jessica is like a tall beanpole, the cow. Unfortunately for claudia I think she has inherited my thunder thighs, back fat & wobbly stomach. ROFLMAO. Oh & you can give your man a shove from me, I can't believe he didnn't have the common-sense to go to Liebs. If he was crying for that long & you didn't wake, surely it's sending him a signal LOUD & CLEAR that you are buggered & need your sleep, so he should 'think' to go & get Liebs himself & use you as the last resort. Grrrr to him!

ME_ Was my gf's DS 1st birthday today, so we met down the beach & had some fish & chips. I was very good & just picked off the kids plate & came home & had some kiwi fruit, so feeling good about that. I'm not feeling right, I"m hot, feel achy & have a VERY sore right hand boobie & a stiff neck. I'm wondering if I have what Claudia has just dealt with or I'm getting mastitis. Surely at this late stage mastitis isn't the case? Who knows. I'm going to take some Panadol & get to bed.

Love Jayne

Jayne, I know it's late, but I got mastitis when Monkey was around 9 1/2 months - so it might be - be careful..... You never know, Claudia may have decreased the amount she is taking from you without you even realising and you've got a buildup - I think thats what happened to me???

Ryn, I used to work in a burns unit too! Very glad Liebs is healing.

Oh and hope Claudia and Jemima are better too.

Kristy, I agree with Kel - Erin's hair is stunning!! My little Monkey has quite a bit of hair and lots of curls but its not that thick.

Monkey has also inherited many of my faults - definitely the thunder thighs!! And I haven't weighed her for a while but last time she was only 9kg and 69cm - I think I'd be lucky if she's 70cm now - she is a little poppit!

We almost got "expelled" from family day care this week, as carer said she didn't think she could keep Monkey as unsettled as she was and gave us the obligatory 2wks notice. However, Monkey must have heard her and suddenly settled this week!!! Slept in pram, no crying except when I leave and chatting away and playing normally - I was very relieved on Wed afternoon when carer said she'd keep her! (I hope that my near breakdown and bursting into tears on the Tues morning when she told me didn't pressure her!!!!)

Cate, if you are still reading, hope you and El are doing ok, I've been thinking of you.

Does Anyone Have The Womens Weekly Mini Cookbook With Risottos In It?????
    I Need The Veal Risotto Recipe For Valentines Day!!!!
    Please Help Me!!!!!

Mwah

KYM - OMG you have the naughty kid @ daycare!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. Sorry, I Know that's not funny for you, but at least Monkey is behaving herself now! Are you not revealing her name for security reasons? Can we know what her real name is? Because I"m sorry, but I have a cheeky monkey picture in my mind!

i was thinking same thing - not cheeky monkey - but that i wish i knew monkeys name a photo obviously would be even better but name would be good..... i promise not to use it and it would get lost in the thread and no one would find it eva...... i never say ryn's baby's name i always call him pubert that is coz i cant pronounce liebling.....
    and i NEVER thought you could get banned from daycare i thought they wanted the money too bad so that is good and bad that monkey almost got kicked out

i am serious i need the risotto recipe, everyone ask everyone!!!

jayne how many breastfeeds is claudia having now??? do we still say we are breastfeeding until they stop completly or as we are now not their main source of nutrition does it not count??

KEL _ I've had claudia on my boob at every second just lately, because I had that bout of mastitis but today it's all good & I'm trying to get her back to what she was 'normally' doing. Breastfeed on waking - about 8 pm, breastfeed after morning sleep - about 2pm & then usually another one about 5pm if she's cranky - sometimes I can avoid it & then another one before bed - about 7:30 - 8pm & then one at 5am. So she is still feeding a lot, but I know she is using it as comfort rather than feeding, she just isn't sucking for long, but rather lying there with my boob in her mouth & sticking her fingers up my nose, in my eyes & pulling my hair & laughing at me. I had a VERY bad night, I didn't get her settled until 4am. I was in tears by the end. Nothing worked, even putting her on my boob, she didn't suck, but just held it in her mouth all wide-eyed. It's because she will only have 1 day sleep, she is adamant that she doesn't want 2 sleeps, but she just can't cope. I'm jsut about to e-=mail you the invite, if you can save it to jpeg for me. I have gf coming who makes lots of rissoto's, so I'll ask her if she has that one.

KYM _ Please tell us Monkey's name - & then go back the next day & edit your post to remove it. I know she has a really beautiful, pretty name & I just want to know it!!!!

KRISTY _ If you want to come over to my mad house, just name the day & I'll be here! LOL. You let me know. We can take them to the funstation at Rockingham if you want? Totally up to you! I can't wait to touch erin's hair! LOL.
    ** mental note to self: put claudia's hair in fountain that day **

ME _ Had a VERY bad night & I'm just a bit teary today. WIll perk up later & post again.

Love Jayne

OK OK OK!

Well, as Tash and Cate know it, it IS kinda unfair! And I'm not so paranoid that I'll go back and edit it out (partly as I can't be bothered working out how to do that!!!).

Her name is Zoe Grace. (oh, and she has the 2 dots above the "e". We discovered its called a diaresis, not an umlaut, 'cos that's German and only applies to "o" and "u". AND you aren't allowed any "diacritical marks" on NSW birth certificates which sux, so officially it doesn't exist anyway!)

And she IS a cheeky monkey! Actually, she looks a little like Erin and Harrison, but maybe its just the dark hair that makes me say that, 'cos they don't really look alike!!!

Very tired, so won't post anything else; just wanted to respond to the ever increasing requests!!!

Love to you all.

hehehehhehehehehe we such pushy bi*tches.... but that was worth it!
    what a beautiful name, i love that name but benji not go for anything with e at the end coz of surname except he liked Sophie... go figure

last night jemima fell asleep in her cot for benji
    very exciting

KYM _ Beautiful! I knew she had a beautiful name! Hope that she is not the cause of you being so tired? I bet you're bushed after working as well! Hope you're having a great weekend!

ME/US - Claudia is walking everywhere. she has been walking for about 2 weeks between things, but if they are a little bit further away, she gets down & crawls to get there faster, but yesterday & today she has just taken off! It's gorgeous & she's quite fast as well! She also cut her 6th tooth yesterday. so we have the 4 middle top ones & only 2 middle bottom ones. She slept a real trooper last night, soI"m hoping that tonight is the same. I'm feeling a bit spesh, i've bought some lemonade to have some midori & lemonade & I'm about to sit down & watch a dvd! I can't remmber the last dvd I watched!

Love Jayne

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast