Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #10

and i have not decided what i am going to do if i get my day off a fortnight or whateva, but new idea is that i babysit friends bub alternate weeks and i get break and she gets to work, it will be interesting to look after 2 one year olds but worth the break i get on the alternate week.
    i have a neighbour that does nails for $5!!! cheap cheap not as relaxing as at a salon but does such an awesome nail art job it is hard to go past.... i might get massage or something or i might just be at home all alone!

Hi Girls,

Went for the coloscopy yesterday and the cells came back the same as the pap smear with a low grade abnormality. They will now do another pap emear and biopsy once I have the baby. So gald just to have it over and done with was quite painful.

Booked in with my Obstrtrician yesterday so feels quite real now. Have just been feeling really really tired. Have started weaning Erin off breastfeeding this week and have dropped her lunch time feed. She really doesn't seem too keen on cows milk though, any tips there girls?

Big Happy Birthday to all the bubs sorry I also dont know the dates. Erin has got a couple more weeks as she is on the 7th March.

Just a quick one sorry girls as on the way out to swimming.

Hi girlies. My baby is ONE today! Thanks for the birthday wishes (and a very happy birthday to all our babies this month).

He is toddling really well now and his leg bandage is off. He's having a pirate day, pirate pyjamas, pirate book from me, pirates on the TV for his bedtime story (we have the TV on for night garden and the bedtime story is straight afterwards, then the TV channel closes down).

Tash, men are just impossible. DH told me at the weekend that I needed to gain weight because "he didn't fancy skinny women". I told him I didn't fancy short men and he got the point that saying that wasn't a very nice thing. But I was too fat while pg and now I'm running around after a toddler I'm too thin... I would say f*** him but when he's rude that's the last thing I'm going to do. How dare these men just be so rude to their wives? I don't want to put on weight anyway, I like being this size, I don't care if DH thinks it's "too thin". It's not his body. You be happy how you are, that's far more attractive than being a set size.

Kristy, MiL tried DS with cowjuice at the weekend and he wasn't really having it. But she tried him with fully skimmed stuff. I use cowjuice on DS's porridge (it goes in the microwave so stuff using EBM!) and he takes it like that. y Nyntbftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttfft fg tf brttttttttttttttttf gvb hyyyyyyy Sor rgyb gggggggb tDSgfbv k,b ljjjjjjjjjjjjjjj bgggg m

DS attack, gtg! bbl for more

Ryn - Wow. That photo of Liebs makes him look so grown up. Sounds like he had a good birthday and wasn't too sick.

Kristy - I blend a banana with cows milk some days for Tobi and he loves it, especially when I give him some of Daddy's as it has icecream in it too. It has taken Tobi a good month for him to get up to 250ml a day. Just keep offering it and at different times of the day, she will increase the amount she drinks slowly and increase the other dairy foods in the mean time...Glad to hear that everything is ok with you.

US - DH has been really good today. He says that he thinks he might be over it all now!!! Men!

Jayne - Guess what? DH isn't going to be here for Tobi's birthday now as well. He is going away for two weeks leaving on Sunday and his brother is coming down here on holidays too, so he'll only get to spend one day with him before he goes. He'll be able to come to Tobi's Qld party though, so that is good.

Kel - You know I was just going to suggest you find someone you can do swappsies with. I am starting it with another girl I meet on BB, whos bub is 10 days younger than Tobi. Every second week one of us has a couple of hours off to get our hair done, shop etc. It is going to be great. I hope it works out for you and your friend too.

Happy birthday to Monkey for tomorrow and happy valentines day to everyone else
    Love Tash

RYN _ Oh wow, look how grown up Liebs is! Has he had a haircut? Can you believe you have a 1yo! How awesome is that. I'm so glad that you are all feeling better. It just goes to show that men are never happy with us, you're too skinny, Tashie's husband says she's too big. They are worse than women! LOL. I'm loving the pirate day!

TASHIE _ What a bugger about Tobi's birthday. It's really annoying isn't it? We were looking at a vasectomy for Alan, but because we are under 30 the Dr has recommended the Implanon for now. He thinks that he'll see me in 12 months time for it to be removed so we can have another baby & I told him that he's pipe-dreaming! I won't say that in 5 years time I might feel differently, but right now, definitely no more children. I can't look after 3 children while Alan is living overseas, it's hard enough with just 2 at times! I'm loving the idea of teddy bear's picnic for Tobi. That's going to be lovely.

KRISTY _ You're going to love Murdoch. That's where I had both my girls. It was like a holiday, no kidding. The midwives were awesome, even more so the second time around - which was odd, you'd think they'd be more attentive the first time around, but the food is just DEVINE. It's like living in a hotel. Everybody was lovely & the candlelit dinner was just the BEST! I had a ball there. I really love that hospital. I was there for a week when Jessica was 7 weeks old, she had urine & ear infection at the same time & she had a kidney prob, so we spent a week & they were fantastic in the paed ward too. I can't speak highly enough of them.

ME _ I'm so in love. *gush*. My man is home today, we have had a beautiful day. Claudia is very shy with him though, she puts her finger in her mouth & looks at the floor when he talks to her. Very funny. But she continually waved to him while she was at swimming lessons. It was gorgeous. Jessica has a friend over atm, so it's like 'daddy who?' but she wouldn't hold my hand at the shops today because she is 'Daddy's Princess' & she went wild when Alan told her he'd take her to McDonalds for lunch. I'm going to get some waxing tomorrow morning, then going out for a drink with my gf's tomorrow night (can't wait!) & tonight Alan told me to go out late night shopping when the girls have gone to bed to buy some clothes for them for winter & some summer stuff in the sales. Do I love this man or WHAT?

Love Jayne

Hey girls! I'm in the middle of a conference call so won't do personals. I hope you all had a great valentine's day. We don't celebrate that, although I was surprised this morning when DH disappeared into the garage and came back with a card. Awww! He's such a sweetie!

It was Bella's first day at daycare today and she did GREAT! She only had half an hour of sleep, but even when ALL of the other babies were crying (at the same time - I couldn't work in a child care centre!), she ignored them all and kept on playing with toys on the floor! She was happy to see me when I got there this afternoon, and two seconds later wanted to be back on the floor with the toys!

Gotta go - I've got to concentrate on this call! See ya!

michelle = you are work work work work work - glad your little girl had a good day
    my little girl is going to be just recovered from a cold for her birthday - draining! why is she always sick, i thought this breastmilk was meant to help these things........ ho hum

tashie = it should be very interesting to see how i go looking after the two babies on Monday, i cant wait, benji is going to put another carseat in my car and me and the mum go to the gym together on mondays so she is putting baby in car and i am taking off after the gym and then she is going to come and get baby i am going to suggest about 4pm as then i can recover before benji gets home or whateva, and that is going to be a long day 9.30am til 4pm! but i am just thinking about the next week when she will take my baby away for the day!

benji was romantic as always for valentines day, i have a card hanging from 4 poster bed, a card hanging from chandlier in lounge, a red rose beside my bed and his daughter had a card on her highchair! she thought she was so important reading her card from her daddy

HUGE day coming sunday and i have not even come close to being ready still have heaps to do
    gotta make jemima's shirt that is going to match mine, her hair clip oh and HER CAKE doh
    but today was spent making her photo wall (you know likewhen you are 21 and your mum pulls out the embarrasing photos, well jemima has enough now that i made 3 A3 size photo collages and got the copy place to print them on cardboard)

kymmy - i have patted jemima to sleep about 5 times now it is weird that it works i just start patting her on the belly (i still let her touch my hair if she wants) and look away and she EVENTUALLY goes to sleep!!! i cant believe i didnt try it earlier!!

jayne - when is claudia's party now??

kristy - SO SO SO excited for you still, cant wait to see your first ultrasound photo! are you getting morning sickness?? did you with erin??? did i tell you my SIL is pregnant! 9 weeks - ho hum EVERYONE is but me, ok just you and SIL hehehehe

ps - anyone know any party 'games' one year olds can play? that do NOT require music or a lot of effort?? was almost thinking of pass the parcel but that requires music and mothers to play too (i dont mind but my friends???) or a paper pinata thing for them to rip open or a sack race heheheeh

Default :happybirthday: Jemima

Jemima

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEMIMA!!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday party!! Sorry Kel, but don't know any one year old games. I think she'll just be making the most of the attention on her anyway! Woo hoo!

Can't talk long because we've got a huge day planned, but I had to let you all know that we FINALLY got our third tooth!!! It's Bella's top right. Yay!!!

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

if that doesnt work i will upload photos soon

birthday was awesome

played 2 games
    pinata with pull strings
    and wait for it!

blutak the heart on the carebear's butt!! hheheheheheh was great
    cake worked
    baby happy
    all good!

thanks for b'day wishes

happy birthday to all bubs

i gotta get new ticker i guess!!!!! no way is my baby on her way to turning two, i am in denial (not just a river in egypt!) oh now it has hit me what turning one means....
    Last edited by smylie; February 17th, 2008 at 10:43 PM.

and YEAH bella on another toothy peg!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS JEMIMA!!!

I was thinking of you all day yesterday Kel & deleted that e-mail that had your mobile number on so I couldn't even give you a text. We were at Adventure World yesterday with the kids. Kinda like Seaworld or even Australia's Wonderland but on a VERY MUCH SMALLER scale. The kids had a blast, so did we. Went with Alan's family, so wasn't home all day to get online & wish her a happy birthday.

I was just reading & was going to suggest pull the string pinata. That's what we are doing. Oh & I hired the bouncy castle again. All Claudy's friends are the younger siblings of all Jessica's friends, so it's like a duplicate of jessica's party & I figured the bouncy castle would keep them all OUTSIDE!

I have to get going, sooooo much to do this week. I did the cheats way of ordering a cake through the bakery. I just can't seem to get 5 minutes when Alan is home, we are always racing over here, there & everywhere doing things.

Her party is on Saturday - 23rd. I'm excited, but too overwhelmed at the same time.

I hope that everybody else is great & that birthday season isn't stressing you all out!

Oh & a special WTG for Bella on being such a star at daycare!

Love Jayne

PS _ Claudia had her first accident that involved blood this morning. She was pushing around Jessica's shopping trolley & she tripped over & as she landed she put her top tooth through her bottom lip. Big tears & lots of blood. Oh & she has a mark across her forehead like a hickey. She was trying to push herself along with one of those little bike thingy's & she couldn't move it so Jessica gave her a little push & she wasn't ready & shot over the top of it & skidded on her forehead. Nice. Mother of the Year award is definitely coming my way.

not the worst mother ever - so there - bouncy castle makes up 4 it

i babysat the other one year old today, she was an angel and MY baby was the draining one!!! I so totally expected it to be the other way around. SO next Monday is my DAY OFF so totally excited about that

jem is sunburnt did i mention that... so jayne should i get worst mother award?? getting birthday girl sunburnt??

no food to cook hubby, best call him to pick up something on way home
    best go grocery shopping after lunch date tomorrow...... sigh
    Last edited by smylie; February 19th, 2008 at 07:55 AM.

I think that you are all very good Mums. I think of some of the things that happened to me when growing up and am shocked now that I am a Mum. You can't help them from falling every time and I am sure we are all going to get our little ones burnt at some stage. But thanks for the reminder, must pack sunscreen for Tobi's birthday party.
    Kel - Glad to hear that everything went well babysitting. I am babysitting on Wednesday, which includes nap times. Fingers crossed I Can manage to get both babies to sleep. Its awesome that you are having success getting Jem to sleep. Did I ever give you a copy of the book that I used to get Tobi to sleep? It is based on patting, so you might find it useful.
    Michelle - How did Bella's party go? And congrats for Bella being so good a daycare and her new tooth.
    Jayne - I know what you mean about not being able to look after any more children with Alan overseas. I often wonder how I would go with two, so you deserve a meddle doing it on your own with little ones. I know how hard it has been for a neighbour of mine, she has 2 under 3 as well and her hubby has been away. I hope you don't get too lonely. That's what kills me the most.
    US - Daddy is away, but Uncie is here and he is so much fun. We did a head first plant out the front door when we opened it the other day. I thought he was going to get a black eye his face was so red and sore looking, but no luck...I am sure I will have a pirate baby at some stage in the future. Must make sure the door is always locked! Now that he has worked out what a Duck is, he keeps calling everything a duck, hoping that we will cheer for him. Now we have to be concise that we don't say f*** around him, so he doesn't switch between the words.
    Has anyone been speaking to Catherine. I noticed that she has been posting on other pages, but not this one for ages. Interesting....I wonder what happened to all the other Mums. We want to hear how your babies are going. Write again please and give us an update.

tashie - what is the book called?? i could be interested, i am usually not though as it is "a bit late" for a lot of the techniques they suggest about 6 months I will be teaching the next kid whatever i think i want to do long term, as now jem is so aware of everything it makes it harder
    you can get both bubs to sleep, i not only got both bubs to sleep after i gave them lunch we went shopping i must admit though i was SO lucky that in the carpark was a double trolley! i will upload photos they looked cute as (look totally different so was funny when i was asked if they were twins) but also SO lucky the other baby (named gemma) was an angel for me and MY child was the hard one.... i hope it is not that way for my friend next week but jemima is usually pretty good when I am not around she just gets clingy when i am.... weird

she is in the car so i better go check on her

how often do you guys go 'out' and where do you go? (a good friend is having some kind of problem with one of her kids and her only solution is to stay home for a while and fix it but i am worried about her staying at home all alone trying to be a hero) (so just wondering)

Hello-hula! How's everyone?

Kel, those pics of Jem on her birthday are sooooo sweet! You looked like such a busy mum! I'm such a poor mother that everyone assumes I can't even do cakes for my son so I had help there. All my food is untouched and half the cakes provided are too, we will be so fat by the time we've eaten them all.

Tash, great that you have some "help" (sometimes I think guys are less help than they believe, but never mind) while your OH is away.

Jayne, DS put his tooth through his lip too. I refused to go to hospital though as then we'd have been 3 times in a month (scald, not breathing and then blood) so I was scared they would take Liebling away from me!

Oh, Kel, before I forget again, it's pronounced Lee-bling. Or Liebs sounds like Phoebs (as in short for Phoebe). But I'm tending to call him Wellie anyway IRL so it really doesn't matter, we all know who Pubert is here anyway.

Yay Bella on the new tooth!

Liebs has a new tooth too, his lower right incisor. Someone was asking how many teeth he had (we made a new friend on Sunday, a pretty girl named Alice age 8 months) and I had to stop and had a feel and realised he had SEVEN! Bad mummy me for not realising beforehand though. I knew the tooth was soon out, does that count?

He also has a new word. Yesterday he was walking around the back of the TV so I said his name and he looked at me (he knows it's not a good thing to do, but hasn't finished testing the boundaries) and I asked what he was doing. "Hiding." "Oh, is Wel hiding?" "Ja."

He's not only saying "hiding" but he knows what it means, because then we played hide-and-seek and he laughed his head off to see me looking for him under tables and behind chairs as he stood next to the TV. When did he learn about hide and seek? Please tell me it wasn't from the night garden, the Pontipine children hide there. gtg, he's here nagg ain.u7ikkkkkkk

Ryn - That is awesome about Liebs. It is amazing how they just pick things up. Tobi just starting going brummm broommm with his cars and rolling them along the ground this week. I have no idea where he got that from, but so cleaver....when did he stop breathing? I don't remember that story.
    Kel - I emailed you the book.
    I went and got my eyebrows waxed and a pedicure today. It was awesome having someone at home and I could just pop out, leaving Tobi in safe hands. DH's bro is a natural with babies and Tobi loves him, so I feel very confident leaving Tobi with him.
    How often do I leave the house? I probably go out 3-4 times a week. If I go out any more, than I run too far behind in housework and I go nuts if I stay home all week. Tobi and I go walking every day though and I pop around to neighbours a lot for a quick chat. If I go out all day, it tends to upset Tobi's sleep patterns too much, so I avoid that too.
    What do you think the limit is when leavin your bub asleep in the car, keeping in mind that we are talking about at home in the shade with the doors open etc. I know that my DH has a huge problem with it, even just popping in to pay for fuel (car locked) or five meters away talking to someone. But I take each situation as it comes. Obviously I wouldn't go shopping or something like that.
    I have finally lost a another kg. But I am walking up and down hills for an hour and doing weights now every day, so fingers crossed it keeps coming off. I hate hard work with no rewards. How are you going Kel and Lisa with your weight loss?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast