Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #10

He didn't stop breathing, he just had a lot of difficulty breathing. My stupid... I guess I should call her my mother as she is, but anyway, she told me to not be silly and DS was fine, just put him back to sleep. This was within 48hrs of both DH and I being rushed to hospital with severe illnesses. She came to "help" us - help us go mad and lose our baby, maybe.

Sleeping in the car... if we had a carport next to the kitchen and I could leave all the doors open I may be OK with it, but probably not. I don't fill up the car, either DH does it or we do it together so DS is always supervised. I couldn't leave him. It's illegal to do so in the UK, even just to go into a building and grab a form for two seconds. I really disagree with leaving babies/toddlers in cars AT ALL, but then again, that's also a car theft issue. Maybe I'm overprotective! DH will leave DS in the car asleep so he can do something and just check up on him every minute or so... but then he saw some kids looking through the windows of the car so went back to full supervision!

baby in car - i have windows next to the driveway and i go out every five mins to check on her if she has fallen asleep in the car and i dont think she will transport into the cot (90% of the time she will and we do but sometimes you just know it is not going to happen) I never leave her outside our fence, we have a 6 foot wooden fence so it is always when the car is in the yard that i leave her in the car and if it even feels a little warm i leave the car running with the aircon on but lately just windows down or doors open works.
    i have HUGE fear of car being stolen with my precious cargo in it too!!
    i left her in the car today when i went into a shop but i could see the car at all times and knew she was deep asleep
    i always want to be there when she wakes up or just after but some of my friends say its ok you will hear her - yeah i will hear her when she is hysterical coz she has woken up alone in the car!!!!
    benji fills up my fuel so i dont know what i would do there, i have ducked into the post office too but ONLY when she is asleep and ONLY when it is not hot and always with windows down
    AND CAR LOCKED
    it is illegal here too i think

thanks for the book tashie, it looks interesting, doesnt say alot for the 12months plus group unfortunately, but i get the idea and it is similar to what i have been trying, less and less contact and sneaking out of room etc..... we are making baby steps

ryn- i did the same thing with the teeth before xmas, someone asked out many teeth jem had (i knew they were asking coz their kid had 8) so i said 8, even though the 8th had not exactly cracked it yet... heheheh it came on boxing day like i knew it would hehehehehehehehe it may as well have been there!!
    has pubert got his bandage off yet??
    oh oh and jemima wore a bib today at her friends house that said all this gobbly go0k in another language and LIEBLING!! something like oobi and oopa loves leibling i dont know but i thought that was pretty cool

Oma und Opa love Liebling? That's German for Grandma and Grandad love "little darling". But here, we ALL love Liebling! He's the best. The best UK baby in this group, OK.

Liebs got his bandage off the weekend before his birthday, all the scabs are now off (thanks to the boy I think) and the leg is just a bit pinker than normal, but looks OK.

I'm going to a teacher training open day this afternoon so wish me luck, going to find out how much work it is going to be before I sign up! The University creches won't take him til he's two, so have to get the amount of time I will have to be away from DS and check with MiL if they can babysit for all of that. Eeep!

gtg, need to do shopping and get us out the house now.

Hellllooooo! Long time, no post....!

I have just spent so much time catching up, that Tash has posted since I logged on!!

Happy birthday to those who I missed, I think Liebs, Bella and Jemima.

I'll reply to the recent things then go back a bit maybe..... Ooooh I have so much to say that it'll prob all get messed up or I'll forget all the cool things I want to tell you all!

We go out a fair bit, but generally I try to just go out in middle of day in between sleeps and make exceptions for special things. I find we go a bit stir crazy if we don't go out - often just to shops, library, park, friends house etc....

Tash, I wish I could moderate my going out based on the need to get the housework done, but I am a terrible housewife!! I HATE housework and do only what I must with much gritting of teeth and swearing under breath. Oh and good on you for having such an organised night routine! Even on a good night, Monkey may be in bed by 7ish, but then we have dinner and the washing up and sweeping of floor (the 2 things I HAVE to do every day) often aren't done until I'm wanting to go to bed at 1030, after flaking on couch.

Kel, WTG on the patting to sleep!!! I wish I could say that we have had some improvements, but we've actually had some shocking nights over last couple of weeks, which is partly why i haven't been on here - just soooo busy with work, organising B'day parties/cakes and then not getting much sleep....

I am really not sure what is going on - there doesn't seem to be ANY reason for why she is having so much trouble sleeping???? Day sleeps are still not too bad, but nights...... We can often get her down still around 730, but we are now heading toward the 3rd week of waking after about 3-3.5hrs and then staying awake for between 1.5-3 hrs!!! Some of this she's calm in our arms, sometimes she'll scream awfully for up to an hr, sometimes she gets totally nuts/crazy/overtired/wired etc.... Every night is really different too, so I just don't know what to make of it all - but we are both exhausted and rarely getting more than 4-5 hrs sleep not all in a block even! Feels like we have a newborn again!

We are often back to having her in with us, even this is having varied success, but she just can't get past the 3ish hr barrier. Because we are so busy in evenings (work, chores, "Brothers and Sisters" - my fave show!!) we aren't ready to go to bed till 11ish then she's awake.....

Maybe I need to bite the bullet and try some patting - I just think she'll go ballistic and she often won't even stay lying down....

Oh and the hair-pulling hasn't really got any better for us either, Kel - I got so mad at her the other night at about 3am, 'cos I was so tired, I almost smacked her, then was so upset - I think she is too young for that.

I will stop complaining now, or you'll all stop reading! We have had lots of cool stuff happen recently too - much nicer to write/read about!

We went to Manly Underwater World the other day with a free ticket - Monkey absolutely LOVED it - particularly the reef tank with all the bright corals and fish - I think she could have stayed all day! Not to go all animal activist on you all, but I was a bit sad to see the big main tank, which didnt seem very big and had lots of big sharks/rays etc. in it - they all looked a bit sad and lethargic and the sharks even looked overweight.

And Monkey's birthday was great fun - she had a lovely time at both her parties and I survived making 2 butterfly cakes - 2nd was much better than first, but both were OK. She got some desparately needed clothes for autumn/winter - the weather down here is so crap and I have been totally unprepared as usual! She also got some money for me to go buy clothes and shoes with - she doesn't own any shoes yet - I am such a lazy mum!!!

mmmmm what else is she up to?? Still no teeth - went to dentist for me the other day and she had a quick look - said they're not even close, but they'll come in their own time!

She can walk with her little red wagon now and is getting braver with her cruising and standing on her own briefly. She is saying ta and knows where her mouth is and i think nearly knows where her belly button is!

Just a few quick personals then I'll leave you all alone!

Lisa, glad you've moved and settled. Monkey has lost her gummy buddy!

Kristy, not sure if I have already congratulated you, so CONGRATS!!! A libra baby - gorgeous (well, I'm a bit bias, as I am a Libran - hee hee!)

Ryn, hope you are both illness and injury free for a while - you could use some good fortune!! And yay to cool new words!

Kel, hope you are working on that "me" time. And good luck with day care. I am now in love with Monkey's family day care and so is she - have been so lucky.

Jayne, good luck with Claudia's party on w/e.

Michelle, sooo glad Bella went well with her childcare too - you sound way busy!

Oh and to you all - Tashie is looking amazing!!! YAY Tashie - you are gorgeous and your silly DH is nuts if he thinks otherwise!

Phew, that'll do! Love and hugs to you all, I've missed chatting recently....

OMG, I was so long reading and typing 3 of you posted!!!

Glad Liebs' burn has healed well.

omg kymmy we have the same baby!!!! the patting thing.... has been gradual but am kicking myself i didnt try it earlier! there has been no crying basically COZ I DONT DO THAT the first couple of times it was when she was already close to being asleep i just 'finished' it in the cot patting then rubbing her
    i have been MOST impressed at the ability to do it once or twice in the day time too, it TAKES FOREVER but is a step in right direction, i just put her down when i know she is tired and then just start patting her and look away and say shh shh shh shh shh shh or anything repetitive but DONT LOOK AT HER and then turn the patting into rubbing and then less and less and hope you dont have to go to the toilet (this totally screws up the whole thing and you have to start again!)
    i am going to try harder to do less patting and stuff gradually and then gradually walk outo f the room and stuff but am in no hurry

my friends baby that i babysat had sleeping routine that meant the baby talks to poohbear toy and goes to sleep, pretty cool and pretty cool that i could do it (i am required to read horsey book, put baby in cot, say nice sleepy time things and then start walking out of room REALLY slowly and then baby talks herself to sleep) so that made looking after her easy.... i dont know how my friend is going to go getting jemima to have a nap it is lucky though we have arranged it to be from after we go to the gym together so that means the girls have had an hour of kidzclub and are ready to sleep FINGERS CROSSED - am so excited about monday but have NO idea what i am going to do BUT i have to do something.... not really wanting pedicure or anything like that i dont think but hmmm

daycare is only going to be an issue again if i get a job and i am not actively looking right now,i am going to tell 2 or maybe 3 more companies i am interested but not push it.....

ryn - when would the teacher training start??? there is a whole year til pubert is two??

Kym - Have you thought about taking her to a paediatrician to make sure that nothing is causing Monkey's sleep issues. I am so sorry to hear that things aren't getting better. I am very happy to have her on Fridays if you want to have a break, catch up on sleep and get stuff done. Tobi loves playing with girls (well actually I think he likes playing with boys more, he kisses the boy next door all the time!).
    Tobi has a few different toys that he talks to (sucks on) to go to sleep. Last night he got really sad that Daddy wasn't sitting in his chair at dinner and kept asking for him, pointing at the chair. We called Daddy and that cheered him up a little, but it wasn't until a favourite teddy came to the table that he cheered up. It is amazing how switched on they are so young.
    Ryn- Good luck with your training day and good luck getting MIL to baby sit.

ps - kymmy jemima still plays with my hair CONSTANTLY and when we are doing the patting thing it is lucky i have long hair she can reach when she is lying in the cot......

NOT A GOOD DAY/NIGHT
    jem woke at 3am and has not gone to sleep without me since, ie if i got out of the bed she would wake and scream she was happy to have brekky with benji and now half an hour ago needing a nap was happy to fall asleep with me but when i got out of bed screaming screaming screaming, benji has stayed home today coz we all slept in coz of weird night but so that he could do swimmming with her coz i am trying trying trying to recover from a cold
    he is trying to get her to sleep now and she is just screaming, we dont get what is wrong with her she is NEVER this bad and i just DONT feel like cuddling her, i want a shower and i want breakfast

tashie - THANKS SO SO much for the book, was some good stuff in it, Jemima has been sleeping through since 5 weeks so i never had to read anything like that before and when she was waking in the night it has always been hunger so when i feed her more in the day i find she sleeps easy, it is just getting her to sleep in the day time that is my 'problem' and the book actually says opposite to what my friends do (book says dont darken room etc) but i will have a go
    diet - been off diet since Saturday, plan to go back on it tomorrow morning, stupid i know but i just felt like it.

You know, I haven't really thought about taking her to a doctor - I get so worried they'll just think I'm an idiot and of course there's nothing wrong with her. I am going to GP tomorrow for her imm. so had thought I might mention it to him.

Thanks for offer Tash - I might take you up on it - but actually I'd just rather visit and hang out with you instead! Fridays are good for us too, though this week we are going up to Central Coast where the out-laws have got a house for a week. We are going for Fri/Sat nights. I have to go to work from there on the Sat, but its only about an hr max to Hornsby from there so won't be too bad.

Kel, sorry about the bad night I can totally sympathise - I just hate the screaming. I like the sound of the way you are doing the patting thing - might give it a go when we get through this latest bout of insomnia.

Talking about toys - I don't think I mentioned that Monkey now has a teddy for bed and if she had her way she'd also have another in there too - ironically its a monkey!! Her carer was actually the one who discovered she was a teddy kind of girl not blankie which I had tried several times to introduce! But not any of those little cuddlies though.... no its a full on big teddy!

Gotta go, House is getting good

jemima's whole birthday party was themed around her Tenderheart Carebear,she loves that thing! he comes everywhere with us but stupidly i have not really tried him with her in the cot.......... oh well tomorrow is another day!

going to paedercacian tomorrow and will ask about her weight (she is tall and skinny but too skinny??) and her joints (she can do things i think the other babies stopped doing a couple of months ago)(super duper flexible) which may or may not be helping her walk unaided and my mum is concerned that she has no cows milk and i have development questions about talking as well
    so that should be 'fun'

then needles - as long as my fave doc is working i will have an afternoon in the waiting room (or from whenever i know there is no nurse working so that doc gets to do needles)

tomorrow is going to be great.....

that is so cool that tobi and monkey are going to have a play date! can youtake photos???

michelle do you work everyday??? no playdate for bella and jemima anymore??
    jemima got a swingset for her birthday and it has two toddler swings so we had the neighbours baby over this afternoon for a swing they looked so cute having a chat about important stuff and watching the dogs be insane

am going to be on email but not forums for the next could be 40 days!!!!! am giving up broadband for the monthish for lent, the church is having a lent event fundraising thing and i have needed ebay and whatnot for jemima's birthday so couldnt start when everone else did but this is it...... (as i am not actually turning off connection it is going to be a real willpower thing!)

So email me if anything really exciting happens - geez i guess i should turn off msn as well!!! and i dont know what i am going to do without facebook!!

40days is so long in a babies life, I bet Jemima will be walking when i come back.
    I hope all the other babies have good birthdays and get lots of teeth and stuff!

We'll miss you Kel...I might just email you my posts.
    Kym - I wouldn't think you are an idiot for asking doctor. Even if there is nothing wrong, at least you know that and can just work on the behaviour. I hope your doctor will help you and don't be afraid to get a second or third opinion if you aren't happy with what they said. I know that you didn't want to go to tresillian a few months back, but would you consider going now and getting a referral tomorrow? I am booked out next week, so we'll have to meet up when I get back from QLD. Unless you want to come to the Zoo for Tobi's birthday on Thursday.
    Ryn - Why are you in pain? I hope you are ok.
    We went to one of Tobi's friends places yesterday and they have made a house out of cardboard. The two boys played so well together, they played peekaboo through the house and were laughing and laughing, it was so cute.

NO MORE BOOBIE FEEDS FROM TODAY.
    I NO LONGER HAVE TO BOOBIE FEED. YEAH!
    MY MR MOO IS ON COWS MILK
    AND DRINKING ABOUT 500MLS A DAY.
    I HAVE MY BODY BACK
    NOW I CAN'T WAIT TILL DH IS BACK.
    BOOBIES ARE NOW JUST FOR PLAY.

PS. My DH said sorry for being such an arse last night. It wasn't until he was looking at photos that he realised that I have lost so much weight already. As of today, I am under 80kg. YEAH!!!! Only about another 20kg to go. How scary does that sound?

Talking

Ryn
    Hope you have a really special birthday and all your wishes and dreams come true
    :hugs: and

Thanks Tashie, and congrats on stopping feeding... sounds like you were more than ready for that! I still have a migraine (for 3 weeks now) so aren't too pleased about that.

Kym, great to hear from you again and thanks for the catch-up! Hope Monkey is OK.

Kel, I'll miss you while you're gone!

Hair pulling... DS grabs my hair and pulls my face to him to give me a big kiss! So I don't complain about it too much. But I keep my hair up as much as possible because I HATE long hair. I want it all lopped off, but DH says no.

Teaching... well, if I do it, we start in September. Full-time. MiL will have DS two days, I need to find someone for 3 days. But I don't think it's viable. I get ?10-11k, but have to pay ?3k fees and get to the Uni and back, so would need a car for that and the placements... we can't afford to run another car with me only on ?7k. We'll look into it. Maybe we can do it if we save up from now until September. Tough one.

Best be off, little man is being needy today. Wish he would sleep. My PI claim lawyer is sending him to a paed to see if the accident caused problems with sleep, but tbh I think it's teething atm. But more money for DS when he's a grown-up is a good thing!

Went to Luna park today. Took Tobi on the Ferris Wheel and Merry go Round. He loved it. Unfortunately they wouldn't let us on a horse on the merry go round though, we had to sit in a swan, but it was still pretty cool.
    Hope you are all well and happy
    Tash

Hi everyone
    Sorry I haven't been on again... we've all had a virus, so I have been run off my feet looking after everyone in the house... just when everyone started to feel better, it struck me.
    I have been on the lounge for most of the weekend, and DH has been working... so thankfully the big kids have been helping out by looking after and amusing Harrison... who is finding the most amusing thing is blowing a whistle!! lol... it does wonders for my headache, but I can't help but smile at how proud he looks when he makes a noise.

Well, back to the lounge for me Talk soon.
    Lisa

Lisa, you poor love! I've been ill recently and it really isn't fun. Hugs and get-well wishes for you.

Brag time (again) - today DS not only walked across the sitting room all by himself, he also did his first drawing with DH! It's pinned up to the fridge. So proud! What a clever boy. He's getting clever at Church too, the vicar asked the children to come to the front and DS was running down the central aisle to see what was going on LOL. Bless him. He hates being stuck at the back. Someone else told me about the creche today... I told her he didn't like it and children belonged in Church anyway. A bit hard-line but I'm just a bit over being told DS isn't welcome when he is.

Tashie, how much weight have you lost? It sounds like you've lost loads but I don't know how much has gone already. I'm so impressed with you losing that much weight so quickly. Unless I wasn't eating I would never have the willpower to do that.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast