Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #10

Hello,
    Jayne - A big *Happy Birthday* to Claudia for today. I hope she has an awesome day and her party was very special on the weekend.
    Ryn - So far I have lost about 8-9kg in the last couple of months. I was hoping to get to my pre-pregnancy weight by Tobi's birthday, but I don't think I am going to lose another 1.5kg in four days. But I am working on it. First drawing. That is so cute. I have been wondering when we introduce crayons etc.
    Kym - How was your weekend away?
    Lisa - Hope you feel better soon.
    Update on Kel - Jemima has ear infections, poor chook.
    My AF came back yesterday. Fun. I now know what you guys all meant when you said the first time is the worst. All it took was for me to be wearing a white skirt and undies out in public. Luckily I made it home in time.
    Tobi had a small party yesterday with all his friendly neighbours. There was four other kids and their mums. He had a ball and loves tiny teddies and green snakes. I wasn't going to let him eat any lollies, but while I was getting drinks for everyone, he helped himself to the lolly bowl. Needless to say he was bouncing off the walls.
    We have visitors yet again and this lot are driving me nuts. It is my BIL and his girlfriend. I love him to bits, but the girlfriend is driving me nuts. It is making me miss DH more than usual.
    Love and Kisses

Hello All,
    SO sorry, been so busy with Alan being home & having Claudia's party. It's her birthday today, thank you for the 'happy birthdays'. She is asleep atm, & Jessica is next door playing. Do you know how odd it feels to hear your own child playing in somebody elses back garden? Weird.

I've got to catch up on all the posts, so I will BBL for personals.

Love Jayne

Hello everyone

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I spent the last 3 weeks in beautiful Melbourne

Happy Birthday to all the bubbies for this month.... it's Brendan's birthday today. We held a small party yesterday for him and are going to do a cake tonight

He's now crawling madly and also pulls himself up onto furniture and can move a few steps. He has 6 teeth now and still on pureed food (dont ask, long story!) he says dadadada and nananana. But otherwise just growls and squeals and raspberries.

Hope all the other lil bubbies are doing well
    take care

Brendan. How are you Sally? We've missed you. I was very excited to see that you were the last person to post.
    Tobi has worked out that he can pull himself along on his belly to get under the gate we have blocking him off from the kitchen and laundry. It was very cute to watch. Have to fatten him up some more so he doesn't fit.
    How are our sick Mummies? Hope you are feeling better.

Hello Tashie I'm really good thanks, how are you? LOL at Tobi... that sounds sooo cute and definately something Brendan would learn to do! I spent the last 3 weeks in Melb to take my mind of things and have a relaxing holiday... was driving myself nuts thinking back to "this time last year". But now that Brendans birthday has been I'm coping a whole lot better... poor lil mite has his 1 yo injections today (they wanted me to go in yesterday and I told them I wouldn't do that to him on his birthday!!)

Hope everyone else is ok

Sally - I hope he handles them ok. I was going to go to my favourite doctor in Brisbane when I get up there on Friday, but he isn't working, so now I have to go to a crummy doctor here in Sydney. It is really hard trying to get your head around them growing up. I am sure we aren't the only ones that have a shed a tear or two. They are so wonderful though and I just love every minute with Tobi.

Thanks He's had no problems with the others so I dont see this time being much different *fingers crossed* I realised this morning that his appt isn't until tomorrow (thought it was today). They have so much more personality now... well Brendan has heaps... cheeky lil bugger! He's going to be such a distructive lil boy...he's already pulled apart two of his bday presents!! LOL

I was excited too to see that you were the last poster, Sal - HI !!!

I'm sure his B'day must bring back some very scary memories for you - I now work in a NICU/Nursery and I think all the mum's are so brave - I look at everyone so differently than I did before having my own....

I'm not sure if I mentioned, but I cried the night before Monkey's B'day - didn't realise I would feel so emotional about it!

Tash, our w/e was great thanks - Monkey LOVED the beach and started standing on her own more and more; even sort of took a couple of staggering steps to get to me!! (nice for the g'parents to see). Say hi to Kel for us....

Jayne, how was Claudia's party???

Lisa, hope you are over yucky virus soon.

I don't really have any news, just popped in to read and say hi.

Goodmorning
    Kym, I was actually pretty well for his birthday, I shocked myself that I could put it behind me and be strong for his day. I was however a mess on Feb the 10th, that was the day my waters broke. Are you enjoying working in the NICU/SCN? What's your role? Sorry for all the questions... i'm quite passionate about the nursery.

Well Brendan took his first steps he walked along the lounge! I'm so excited!! my lil man is growing up.

gotta go... needles this morning!

Hi Girls,

Hope you are all well. haven't been on here much as I have just felt so tired with this pregnancy way more then with Erin proably due to running after her all day.

Had a coupel of mornings feeling a bit yuck but overall apart from the tiredness feeling pretty good. Trying to have a lay down when Erin does to catch up on some sleep.

We are off to swimming now, take care girls .

xxx

Congratulations on your pregnancy Kristy!! How far along are you?

Brendans needles went quite well... I cant believe they gave him 3! I hate taking him and inflicting pain on him but it's for the greater good. Lil man is asleep now.

Hello SAL! I have missed you too honey! HOw are you going? Lucky girl being in Melbourne, sounds like it was great. My goodness, Brendan is just flying along now! How brilliant.

Claudia's party was a blast. We had a fantastic time. She got soooooooooo many presents! It's insane! She also got loads of winter clothes which is really good.

We have been really ill with Gastro. All 3 of us. It started the night of her birthday. We're all better today, & I'm thinking I'd like to get it again beacuse I have lost 3.5kg! PMSL. I had to ring my mum at midnight to come & help me with the girls because I just couldn't clean them up while I was running off to puke all the time as well.

I can't believe I have a 1 year old! Today in the creche it was sad to write '1 year' next to her age on the roster! Doesn't make me clucky for another baby though! LOL.

Claudia is having so much fun with her new toys, especially her bike, but we've been too sick to go & test it out going for a walk. We might to that tomorrow morning. Jessica starts gymnastics this afternoon, she has her leotard on already! LOL.

Well I'm so sorry, once again it's all about ME & I haven't caught up properly to do any personals. You'll all still love me though? RIGHT?

Love Jayne

Hi Jayne, I'm really good thanks I sooo needed that break to melbourne... just some time to ourselves (Brendan and I went) and for me to clear my head and refresh myself. And also update my wardrobe.... shopping was awesome!! I cant believe how cheap things are. From take-away food to the public transport, all sooo much cheaper than Perth!
    Glad Claudia's party went well, sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you get better soon.

Brendan is off to sleep again... poor lil mite has a slight fever now I really hate getting the needles done. He should be right from tomorrow.

SAL _ I'm glad in a way that we had gastro & couldn't get Claudia's immunisation done yesterday. I'm not sure if I've posted before & I don't want to scare anybody, but Jessica spent 6 days in hospital with her 12 month immunisation. She got sooooooo very sick & dehydrated that she had no saliva in her mouth & was on a drip for 96 hours. They told me it was an infection in her blood stream but they didn't give me any specifics & were so very vague & to this day I still don't know the EXACT cause of her illness, but it was odd that everytime I would suggest that perhaps it was the immunisation they would immediately get VERY defensive & fob me off. Even my paed at the time couldn't extract the information. Weird. BUt anyway, so I'm sh&tting myself to say the least about Claudia's immunisation. Did Brendan cry when he had the needles? I"m always a nervous wreck when I go for needles. I'm jealous of the shopping & the getting around Melbourne! Sounds awesome, but I'm wondering why you didn't ask me to go? PMSL.

KRISTY _ How are you honey? LOL, I"m sorry, but I had a chuckle with the morning sickness! I know it's not nice, morning sickness is the pits but I feel like a nanna because in my mind I"m thinking 'well you will go & have sex!'. Ha ha When do you want to catch up? Maybe in the next fortnight?

KYM _ I didn't know you were a nurse? WTG! What a rewarding but extremely difficult job you must have in the NICU. I acutally want to study to become a midwife when my bubs are off at school, but that is wayyyy down the track. At least 3 more years anyway. How is Monkey travelling now with sleep? Or don't we talk about it?

TASHIE _ How are you going? YOu know, I got a great weight loss remedy..... gastro! LOL. I"m proud of my 3.5kg but I have to admit, I did put a lot of effort into the heaving! I just couldn't stop! LOL. Ok that's yuck, I'll stop. When are Tobes needles? I get goosebumps just thinking about them. Oh yeah, is your man back in town again?

US ) My kids were little toads going to bed tonight, I wonder why. They are normall fantastic. My dad, sister & niece are now sick with the gastro. I guess sharing is caring? Claudia is developing a very short fuse. She has a temper like you wouldn't believe. She has even taken to throwing herself on the ground. I think a lot of her problem is that she's tired though. She isn't sleeping much during the day, 1 hour usually is all. Yesterday while my mum was here I put her into bed with me after her standard hour & she slept another 2. So that was great for me as well but I can't leave her on the bed unattended because she is a major wiggle worm & would fall off in 10 minutes. WE are having immunisations on Friday now. I also have the final cervical cancer vaccine as well as I fell into the age bracket for it.

Well I must go & download all the birthday pics.

Love Jayne

Goodmorning

Jayne, that must've been scary for you... Brendan seams fine though. he did cry. I HATE getting them done. I hate seing him in pain I suppose the dr's/nurses dont want to admit that the cause was something that they support, but they should have given a better explaination! PMSL... I'm sorry, maybe next time? And then you can hold Brendan while he fidgets!!

he got two shots, one in each arm which are fine... it just looks like a mozzie bite. But the one they gave in the leg has a huge lump under... and it hurts him.

Hi guys,

12 months imm..... gosh, scary Jayne! Must say, it was the 1st time ever that Monkey got a fever after them - I didn't even click that it was from them when she had a crap sleep that afternoon and woke up all clammy etc... then when she did it again that night the penny dropped and we gave her some good-old panadol. Monkey got all 3 in her thighs - ouch - but she is generally pretty brave, she cries but only for about 20 sec.

I'm actually a paediatric physio, so I can't claim to be as amazing as I know lots of nurses are - I couldn't do that job..... I work mostly in the outpatient clinic that follows up all the really young/small ones (<29wks +/- <1000g) to look at their development etc.... but I am also up in the NIC/SCN to do assessments and check up on the long-termers - we've got 1 little one there at the moment who has been there for about 110 days now and isn't looking like going anywhere soon (he's not sick, just needs more time).

Oh and Jayne, Monkey's sleep is not fantastic, but marginally better than a couple of weeks ago - she's only having a few really bad nights per week now - we have taken to having her in bed with us more often than we would probably like, but you do what you gotta do....

She often decides to play up on a Mon night before work on a Tues, so I show up with my eyes popping out of my head!!! (Luckily the 2 main people I work with in the clinic also have toddlers and are very sympathetic!).

Kristy, sorry to hear you are exhausted - brings back memories for me - I wasn't particularly sick but just tired with Monkey in the 1st trimester, but I was just saying to Tash today actually that I can't imagine what it'll be like with no. 2 - can't see that I'm likely to be in bed by 730pm like I was last time!!! Hope you feel better and get that 2nd trimester energy soon

Love to all.

Goodmorning

Kym, I'm surprised that Monkey got her shots in her thighs.... I asked the nurse why Brendan had his done in his arms and she said becasue at this age they dont want to compromise their leg movements, ect. You've got such a great job!! We were supposed to take Brendan to a paed physio, but because of where we lived at the time, we were unable to. (closest paed physio was 5-6 hrs drive) When we moved closer to Perth, he was seen by his Paed and she was happy with his development and said that we wouldn't need to go unless he hadn't progressed by our next appt.

Brendan has his check today... oh bugger in 25 mins!! gotta go!!

Well am home from brendan's appt... and it didn't go so well

I have posted HERE
    Basically he has to see a speech therapist and a physio.

I'm feeling rather deflated now. I expected he'd have delays ect I did expect to have a few hurdles but two in one month

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast