Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #11

I'm not sure about swimming post ear inf.... I prob would go, but then I'm always a bit blasee (spelling...!) about those things and Monkey has only ever had one ear inf so I'm not an expert!! I think he should be ok if you don't put him under.....

This virus has really knocked me around - I'm calling it the Contiki virus, 'cos its like the germs are on a Contiki trip - they seem to party on in one location for a day or 2 then travel to the next location!!!! I was feeling a bit better on Wed in the day and was glad I went to work then by Wed night all of a sudden I lost my voice!!! Still no voice but all other symptoms gone, so at least I don't feel crap. Can't go to work tomorrow though, as my job involves talking pretty much all day.

Monkey has been sharing with the dog too - bit of biscuit for me, bit for you..... she hasn't eaten the food yet, as Tilly eats outside. But Monkey is also a big fan of eating dirt and sand at any possible opportunity - I'm with Tash, its all immunity building!! Poor Tobi with the cigarette though, yuck.

Not sure if I mentioned the other day - I got AF back. I have been pleasantly surprised too that its not heavy either - just back to my normal, which is actually embarassinly light (only use "light / mini" products and only last 3 days max) - YAY.

Monkey said pig and birdie in the bath tonight while we were reading her farmyard bath book - she tried cow, but it came out more like puppy and sheep was just way too hard!

Think thats all for now, 'night all.

Hi girls. This is really quick because now that I'm a f/t working girl, I just don't have much time for "me" stuff these days!

Bella's been great and has even started walking. I swear she was trying to run in the shoe shop yesterday - she'd had enough of the pram so we let her out for a few minutes while we tried out shoes. Today she's been pushing Bri's old doll stroller around the house - she loves it!

Here's her 12m stats:
    Weight: 9.33kg
    Height: 80cm (I think it was more like78cm personally)
    Head: 46cm.

Doc was happy with her, and she's happy and healthy. She says woof, mum, dad, she growls like a monster, ta, yum, and other stuff I wouldn't have a clue about. She definitely understands us though.

DH is "between jobs" right now, so last week and this week coming he is a SAHD, which is great for me - I get to sleep in an extra half an hour!

Things get very tiring normally though, dropping Bri and Bella off at different places and stuff.

My internet business is just about ready for an official launch, so hopefully things will pick up soon - Being a business analyst is BORING!!!!!

Oh, and my sister's pg again! She's 6 weeks. Very exciting. We're all hoping for a girl so Bella has a little playmate!

better go- she's supposed to be asleep but I hear whingeing.

I hope you're all good and will catch up properly soon - probably when I get my first holidays....!

Evening ladies

We've had a pretty busy few days. Picked my parents up from the airport in perth on Friday, they spent the last 2 weeks in QLD. Then Sat DP and i went house hunting, woohoo, we found one we both really like, but we are unable to get a loan for it so his parents are going to try. but they haven't even been to the bank yet, even after 3 weeks of saying yep we will go make an appt ect ect. So i'm a bit annoyed that they are so relaxed over the whole thing. but they are doing us a HUGE favour so can't complain really.

brendan is doing well. He's a real little boy now, no longer a baby He is into everything and is finding lil hidey holes too! Got a good pic of him under the table... ROFL!

Anyway, sorry for no personals, sounds like everyone is well

Take care

Hi girls

Long time since I last posted I know,,, but I have been reading the posts,, just havent had time,,or the energy lately to sit down and try to make a huge long personals post to everyone,, so though today,, "hey,, any post is better than none" lol.

We have hit 13 months old,, and DS is still NOT walking
    I took him to the ECHN on friday last week,, as her waiting lists are ridiculously long now,, and it took weeks to get in.
    She picked up straight away what was delaying him walking. He "W" sits. Something I never gave another thought,, but when he sits on the ground,, he sits with his legs bent around him,,, kinda like kneeling,, but spreading your legs out to the sides. She says this is putting strain on his joints,, which explains why his lefs and hips clunk badly alot. She also says that he needs to be asessed by the physio dept,, as usually kids who adapt the "W" sitting position,, have balance problems,, and they use it to be more stable.
    On a much brighter note, he passed his measurements and every other thing on her 12 month checklist. When i got his 12 month immunisation,, they told me he had lost alot of weight again,,, and his head was growing much much too quickly, so I was eager to get a proper measurement at the ECHN.
    His stats are:
    HC 49-50cm (95%)
    Height 80cm (75%)
    weight 9.80kg (25%)

She says that he is perfect, and not to worry,, just have to wait for the physio dept to ring for their appt,, and to keep correcting his sitting position, telling him "legs out front buddy" everytime we see him doing it. But at least he is cruiding furniture,, and has just started using his puppy frame thing to hold onto while he pushes it around lol.

We are still nursing, although family and friends are pushing me to wean him,, but I dont see the point. I feel that while he is happy,, then it is best to let him keep feeding. Last baby and all,, I am in no hurry for him to grow up anyways lol .
    Anyways, I will write more often, and hopefully get some personals done next time.

Lil

Hi Lil, while i don't like to think of myself as a BF nazi, i have come to love it, my DD still loves it and so we keep doing it! (I am half-heartedly trying to wean her to 1 feed/day, but we mostly still do 2). IMO it is none of family/friends business and you keep going if it suits you and Griffen! I think there are still a few of us in this thread still BF - gosh they are only 13 months.....

and I'm sure that there would be people out there who are still giving formula in a bottle, so whats the diff??? At 13 months they don't NEED breastmilk or formula but nobody criticises you if your bottle-fed baby isn't totally weaned to cow's milk by 13 months!!!

I will stop ranting now!

And Lil, my little Monkey isn't walking yet either - You don't sound too worried, but don't let ECHN worry you unnecessarily, I'm sure with lots of siblings to compare him to you will remember that there is a HUGE variety in normal (8months - 2 yrs is considered the normal range for walking).

Nice to hear from you too, Michelle! Wow, you do sound crazily busy - I can't possibly imagine working f/t with 1 child let alone 2..... Hope your business starts to pick up soon.

We don't have much news, I just popped in to read really... I am feeling better, voice slowly coming back. Monkey is getting cheekier by the day - gosh they understand sooo much now don't they!!!

Better go tidy house before real estate people come round to give us some valuations this afternoon.

Good luck with your house hunting, Sal!

KYM _ tell us how your house valuation goes. Claudia is still breastfed as well. But I'm only feeding her int he mornings. Usually once around 6am & then when she wakes for the day at about 8am. After her afternoon sleep she is having a bottle of cows milk & also before bed. I did it so that when Alan is home we can go out for dinner together & MIL can put Claudia to bed for me. Also, I was getting a bit tired of feeding her, but now in saying that I am missing it. I'm a nutcase! LOL. Glad to hear your voice is coming back, I think Jess would be glad if I lost my voice, I wouldn't be able to tell her off anymore! LOL.

LIL AUSSIE _ Hello! Long time no posting! It's good though that the ECHN picked up Griffens legs really quickly & it's not something that's overly serious & she could give you some good pointers straight away. Is he slowly getting the hang of sitting with his legs out front?

I'm sorry, I will BBL, Claudia has just thrown a big wobbly because I told her in a half-dragon voice 'NO' to stop her pressing the buttons on the keyboard, she has already turned the pc off once & now she wants the keyboard & I have broken her heart. She is sobbing like there is no tomorrow & even the tears are flowing like a river. Don't tell me she is going to be super-sensitive to not getting her own way.

Evening

Lil_Aussie, I'm glad they picked up Griffen's leg problem before it's too late. He sounds like he's doing really well though!!

Quote Originally Posted by KymH
    And Lil, my little Monkey isn't walking yet either - You don't sound too worried, but don't let ECHN worry you unnecessarily, I'm sure with lots of siblings to compare him to you will remember that there is a HUGE variety in normal (8months - 2 yrs is considered the normal range for walking).
    He does have plenty of time. I'm assuming here that you are talking of walking by themselves, not cruising furniture??

Well Brendan has FINALLY got his appt with the speechy for the end of this month. WooHoo! She said though that they don't like to snip their tongues anymore and that it's only done if there appears to be problems, which is good news but on the other hand he isn't using his tongue when babbling, so he could very well be more affected than first thought. Brendan's babble is open mouth and sounds like this "marmarmar" so to me it's mum. I can't wait to hear his first actual word.

It appears as though he is teething again. he's been a grumpy lil pooh for the past few days now. poor lil mite.

Well off to bed for me I think.

Goodnight ladies

Hi Girls,
    Lil - I agree with the others. There is no reason why you should feel guilty about still breastfeeding. They will stop when they are ready. Although I do feel weird when people are still feeding four year olds!! I was really lucky with Tobi, he wasn't interested any more in boobie and was really easy to wean and I was over it. I think the bland foods I was eating for my diet made my milk less tasty and banana milkshakes taste so much better. Now when he sees me nude, he just plays with my nipples, giving me nipple cripples and blows raspberries on my boobs. He is so cheeky. ...Thanks for the heads up about sitting without their legs out the front. I will have to keep an eye on Tobi.

As far as walking. It is a Ta-bu word in our house. I am not in a hurry for Tobi to walk.He cruises around the furniture really well, but still doesn't stand on his own, so he is a while off yet still. It would be really good if he could wait till DH got home in August, but I don't think DH will be that lucky. His little friend Emilio that I look after is nearly walking, so I think Tobi will start to copy him not long after.

Sally - I think that sounds like Mum too. If you can understand Brendan than thats all that matters. I know Tobi says lots of stuff from I love You to Get Me Out Of This High Chair, that isn't the actually words, but I know that is what he is saying. Hope you get the house you want.

After hanging Tobi upside down the other day we noticed his two top teeth coming through, so that might explain the clinginess. He had his shots yesterday too. He was very sad yesterday afternoon. Mind you, we did wake him up (so that he would go to bed at normal time) but he wouldn't stop crying for nearly an hour. He has seemed ok since though. He still has a cough and has been coughing heaps during the night. I have been getting up so much to check on him. I feel like I have a newborn again.

Jayne - Tobi is chucking wobblies too. He is crying about everything at the moment. I want to be able to just laugh at him, but I can't and I know by responding to him, it just makes him realise that whinging works. And unfortunately distraction doesn't always work.

Michelle - Well done on the SAHD. My DH would not cope at all. He has no idea at the best of times. Forgets to change nappies unless they are smelly. Wouldn't know what to feed him etc.

Kym - Glad to hear AF has come back and is light. That is fantastic. I know it is weird to want it to come back, but you feel normal again once it does. Although I think my endometriosis has come back now too. Fun!!

TASH _ Tobes will walk when she's ready, he's just building up his confidence atm. Furniture cruising is a good start, he'll start trying his luck by stepping to & from things & then one day he'll just toddle off. How is his cough now? Do you have to give him a sip of water to coat his throat & stop the coughing? The poor muffin, he isn't sleeping that well either. I hope he gets better very soon!

I'm sorry, I didn't do anymore personals. I'm sooooooo tired just lately.

I'll come back tomorrow.

Love Jayne

Hi Ladies,

Well yesterday was very exciting I had my first Ob appt and she did a little scan and I saw bub for the first time. Thank god there was only 1!!!!! All looked really good and had a nice strong heartbeat. My due date is a bit earlier like I first thought so shoudl be around the 7th October. So I am 11 weeks now. Had my Blood test yesterday and will have the NT scan next week.

Erin is walking heaps now she gets so excited and trys to run. She walks along clapping her hands proably as we clap when she started walking. SO funny to watch.

TASH - Teeth coming through would explain Tobi being clingy for sure, that is what Erin gest like as well.Hope he is feeling better and you are getting some sleep. Its just started dauning on me about going back to the getting up all night newborn thing, hard to get my hear around now that Erin is sleeping so well !!!
    SAL - I can't make mush out that Erin says maybe Daddy, Mama and doggee the rest is her own little language, though she never shuts up!!! Just like her Mum. Glad you got Brendan in and hopefully they can help with his toungue.
    JAYNE - Hi Sweet, next week is Erins christening then we can definently catch up as the calendar is clear, can't wait to meet you and your beautiful girls.
    KYM - how did it go with the Real estate people hon? People all like to have an opinion on BF hey? I enjoyed it, didn;t think I would and when I decided that I felt it was right to stop I did, about 3 weeks ago. Erin stopped fine and couldn't of cared less. I also was kept being asked when I was going to stop!!
    RYN - Poor love Migraines and working and looking after a baby!! I have never had one but my friend gets them and I can see how debiletating they can be.
    LIL - Hi my love, great to see you back, all my other "girls" had left this group so nice to see one of my old belly buddies back. You keep feeding for as long as you want, tell everyone else to bugger off!!!!!very interesting about the sitting position. Hope the physio can be of help.

Well girls off to swimming now, Erin loves it and is happy to go fully under the water, like a little fish. My Mum has today off so is coming to watch so hopefully she will be on her best behaviour. GoT Erin's christening next week, just a fairly small family thing, butr still go to work out what we are all going to eat!!! Last event for a while YAY!!!

K xxx

Hi Girls,
    Had really bad night with Tobi last night. He was coughing to the point of vomiting...in his room and on our bed. So I was changing sheets in the middle of the night! It just looked like snot though, so hopefully that means he doesn't have an infection, just gross stuff that as adults we'd spit out, not swallow like these little ones. He has been lots better today, so we will see what tonight brings.
    DH has next 8 days off, so it is good having him here to help with Tobi. I kicked him out of bed this morning...'You out...I was up 6 times...' when Tobi woke up. I still had to come down to make Tobi breaky though as DH has no idea!
    Kristy - Glad everything went well with OB. 11 weeks along already. That has gone so quick. Are you going to try and get Erin out of cot before bub comes along? How heavy do they have to be before you can change to a toddler car seat?
    take care all

Hi girls!

Well, have a humerous tale of a new kitchen, but as I am heading out for a pram service at Church soon it will have to wait. I don't know how many of you read about my new bathroom (when I was about 6w pg and told I wasn't allowed to use the loo from leaving work until the next morning) but it's another fantastic tale of drilling through mains cables, refusing to buy a tap so wasting a day trying to fit one that won't fit and just general angst at not having a kitchen. I'll write it all properly and let you have it soon!

Migraine just about gone, huzzah!

Five teeth in 12 days: the last molar came through 11pm-midnight on Monday. It's only just through, I think that was cutting through the nerve rather than the skin. Liebling's teeth come through so slowly.

Liebs is still breastfed. I saw a 3yo (ish, I think) with a bottle today, that just looked so wrong. But if DS was still BFed at 3 that's nothing. I suppose bottles aren't necessary to get cowjuice, but the breast sorta is for a breastfeed. I could express, but faff-wise breast/cup is easier than bottle every time.

Bloody sleep. Because of teeth there has been little sleep for the last 2 weeks, so now Liebs thinks he's fully rested at twenty to sodding six in the morning after going to sleep late, half eight, because he wasn't in pain. I think not. But he woke and self-settled twice last night, woke and needed me once. So that's great! But I'm knackered. And kitchen-less so can't even have comfort cake.

DS's car seat should see him until he's 12/135cm. That's from 9m old. Or 20lb, but DS hadn't reached that but was too tall for his baby seat, his legs were really bowed. I was happy with the baby seat but DH wasn't, so we got a new one. A big new one that will last 11 years!

Kristy, so exciting. Oh, I want to be pregnant again! Not have another baby for a few years, just be pregnant. About 7m. For about 5 years. That would be nice. Why are pregnancies so short?

Anyway, best be off and get ready for our Easter Pram Service and DS has just awoken.

Love and hugs!

Congratulations Jayne on the birth of your little babies. Just in time for Easter too

LOL, we had the BEST morning thursday morning. Our Chocky Boy (Girl), dwarf lop bunny had babies overnight!!!!!!!!!! 5 of them! We have real live Easter Bunnies. My goodness, they are just the most ugliest thing that makes them so gorgeous! We are totally loving them & Jessica has named all 5 of the ****leshell.

We are going ok, Jessica being a super-brat, Claudia has a cold, I"m tired & rundown & it's still over 2 weeks until Alan comes home!

Love Jayne

PS _ Sorry, I just can't keep up atm!

Hello Happy Easter!!

Jayne, WooHoo for baby bunnies

Brendan is teething again... with 2 more bottom ones coming through, he has the middle ones.
    Not much else happening.

Take Care.

Happy Easter everyone
    Harrison woke this morning, came out of the room and discovered his eggs... and when he saw his chocolate bilby he called out "Oh God!"... it was so cute and funny. He met the Easter Bunny at the shops yesterday... he was giving out little easter eggs, so Harrison knew today what yummy treats he had received.
    I will post the video of him calling out Oh God onto his totsite... it is a little dark, but it is ok.
    I hope you and your bubba's all had a lovely day.
    Lisa

LISA _ PMSL with Harrison & the 'OH GOD' that is priceless! Jessica is a fan of using that line but it's usually 'Oh myyyyyyyyy Goooooooood'. I have taught her to say Oh my goodness because she is going to be going to a private school next year! That wouldn't look good! Was Harrison bouncing off the walls with the chocolate rush? My two were but it tired Claudia out something bad & she had 2 big day sleeps! Something she hasn't done since she was about 9 months old! I thought it was totally ok!

SAL _ Ah don't you love the teething! I felt in Claudia's mouth today & she has big lumps, prob the size of peas where she is getting the pointy teeth (are you loving my dental knowledge) on the bottom. She has the 4 middle top & bottom & now she is going for the pointy ones. I am just hanging onto the edge of my seat for those to come through. NOT!

We had a fab-o weekend! Jessica nearly had a cardiac arrest on Easter morning because the Easter Bunny left a line of eggs coming from both her & Claudia's bedrooms to the dining room where he left them both a pair of slippers each, Jessica some dress up tapping shoes & Claudia a dollies pram. Then we had an egg hunt with the girls next door, lunch at my IL's, dinner at my sisters & then today I took the kids to Mandurah. They are totally pooped & so am I but it kept them out the house today & eating chocolate, my goodness they are mad!

Oh, are you guys ready for this, my kids easter collection consists of a lettuce crisper FULL of loose eggs - like those little solid ones & the next size up & then a 55L storage box FULL off big eggs & most of them have had the cardboard taken off to fit them into. It's just disgusting. I have put the lettuce crisper in the cupboard but the storage tub is packed away for a looooong time! That is the reason why I just buy them slippers & a little toy! They also got some pj's so that was great too!

Hope you guys all had a great easter, we certainly did & our little easter bunnies are going beautifully!

Love Jayne

Happy Easter girls

Kel - Lent is over now, where are you? We have missed you.

Jayne - I didn't get any eggs, you wouldn't want to send some over my way. I kept telling DH I wasn't going to get any till after Easter when they were on special, but then we had surprise visitors from Vic, so I ended up getting everyone an egg. We didn't get anything for Tobi but he got give a few things from other people. We gave him a chocolate duck and he took a bite out of it, leaving teeth marks in the foil, then realised that he could take the foil off. He broke off the poor ducks head and tried to stick the whole thing in his mouth. It was very cute. That's all the chocolate he was allowed, but he also had ice-cream and fairy floss during the day (we went to Luna Park).

Lisa - That is great that you got the 'Oh God' on video camera. We always seem to miss all the cute things and have been wondering if someone was watching the video footage and photos whether they would think that Tobi is as cute as he really is.

Sally - Hope the teeth come through quickly. Did you get to spend the weekend with DP? How is the house hunting going?

Ryn - 5 teeth in 12 days that is insane. Poor little guy. And now kitchen so no comfort cake. Now I am feeling for you. That sucks big time. I hope the kitchen gets sorted out asap and you start getting a good nights sleep again soon.

Kristy - Congrats on the 12 week mark. Hope you are still feeling good. Second trimester rocks.

Us - I am still sick. It has nearly been a month and the coughing part has only just started. I lost my voice over the weekend and it is only just coming back. First time I have lost it and I am not a fan. Everyone kept ignoring me! Tobi has started to sleep through again, so he must be feeling better. But his nose is still running and he is playing with his ear a lot, so I might go and make sure his ears have cleared up probably.

We had a good weekend with our friends and now we are on the count down till DH leaves. He found out that one of his best friends is going to be on the plane with him, so that will be good, although will be in a different part of the country when he gets there, but a cousin of his is going to be in the same part! How funny. He doesn't really know his cousin though, but will be a good chance to get to know each other I guess.

Tobi has 3.5 teeth now and is starting to take steps when you hold his hands. DH is happy to say that he has seen him walk before he leaves, even though it isn't really walking yet.

Tobi has been playing with that shape ball sorter a lot this week. Does any of your kids really get frustrated and throw the pieces if they can't get the shape into the ball. I always hold the ball on the right hole for him, but if he can't get it in within 20 seconds, he gives up. How do I deal with it? I know that the terrible twos are coming and it is just him getting frustrated, but I am sure I can do something to make sure this situation doesn't get worse.

Anyway, gotta go and get my hair done this morning. Hope you are all well and happy
    Love and Kisses
    Tash

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast