Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #11

Default Babies Born February 2007 #11

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in February 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

Last edited by Trillian; April 5th, 2008 at 05:25 PM.

Dam-be-dah, I'm the first, and I hate being back at work.

DS seems to love it now - he had a bit of an upset Monday morning (the 25th)then was fine about it, Nursery gave him food so he loves them now.

MiL is not looking after him now: she has shingles so cannot. So I have to take unpaid leave because we have no childcare. A friend has him Tuesdays but not Fridays. Ah well.

Work is bad, I now have a desk (finally!) but no computer access still, no printer and no headphones.

Right, have to go, little man has walked over to me again with a toy! Hugs to all and sorry I haven't replied to anyone.

I can't believe I went so close to being first!! 2nd is still pretty good for me!!

Sorry, was going to chat but House is getting good....

Jayne - Yeah, I am all good with DH going away. I have done 7 months with a new born, so 4 months seems easy. I just keep reminding myself that there are plenty of single mothers out there that survive, so I can't complain. Plus it fits so better with all our work/baby and holiday plans. He was going to be going later in the year, so at least we can get it over and done with now. As far as bunnies, I have no idea. I have only just decided to get one...thinking about calling him or her Marshmellow if its white or Moose if its brown. Like I said, if you have any advice, can you please email. I am clueless. You can't have bunnies in QLD, so its all new to me.

Ryn - Sorry to hear that things aren't really working out at work and now with childcare. I hope your MIL gets better soon, as I am sure the swapping and changing of routines isn't too good for Liebs and also for you.

Kym - I love House, but I am about 3 weeks behind ATM so don't tell me what happens. We tape everything that we like, and there is so much good stuff on at the moment, I can't keep up.

Us - Tobi is sick. He has had a cough the last few days and then this morning he threw up his banana milk shake all over me and cried non stop for about 45minutes. He is asleep now and I am taking him to the doctor when he wakes up. Poor little Mr Moo.

Aaaa new thread... and I've forgotten who I was replying to... so here goes:

I'm pretty sure it's a hernia too (he still has his umbilical hernia).... and it was the CHN who suggested the physio (I guess to be assessed on his development as well??)... will let you know anyway. We see our Paed in May when Brendan is 1 yr corrected.

Brendan hasn't been sleeping because the poor lil mite has a cold He got the runny nose yesterday so I started him on Demazin and he slept all night!! Woke up once but self settled woohoo!!

I've also found some more pics of Brendan when he was in hospital. They were on MIL comp. I've added 2 so far, one at approx 6 hours old and one of when he came home at 5 wks and 6 days

How is everyone else?

After thinking last week that we did so well to get through the first year without any ear infections, Tobi's ears are both infected and he has a bad chest infection. We had to get Xrays too to make sure he didn't have pneumonia, luckily it isn't that bad. Poor Mr Moo. He is asleep in his high chair ATM, don't know whether to move him or not.
    Jayne - Tobi's legs and arms will end up coming out of the cot every now and then. There has been a couple of times where he has ended up stuck and crying out, but most of the time it doesn't worry him and thats where he ends up sleeping. We always check on him and reposition him if need be. It used to worry me a bit, but now he is big and strong enough to sort him self out most of the time, that and I use a sleeping bag most nights to stop him moving around too much.
    I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight and it has made a HUGE difference with DH. My goal is now to get down to my wedding weight and then down to about 65kg for when he gets home. Just in time to get fat again with another baby (well that is the plan). How is everyone else's TTC going?

Tashie, I'm sorry to hear about Tobi. I hope he feels better soon
    Woohoo for getting back to pre pregnancy weight!! Wish I could.... hard to belive but I put on 20kg with Brendan! I'd hate to imagine what I would have been if I'd gone to term.. lol I have lost about 10... so i'm happy with that, I'm more toned now than before and have some muscles hehe

RYN _ Oh wow, you're back at work! I completely forgot! You work in a lab of some sort don't you? How is Liebs dealing with you being away? How are you coping?

SAL _ 20kg!!! Now way!!!!!!! Piggy la la! LOL. I was the same with Jessica & thankfully with Claudia I only put on 12. HOWEVER, I seem to have kept the 20kg & the 12 so I guess that makes me the piggy la la! PMSL. How is Brendan going?

TASHIE _ I e-mailed you lovely.

ME _ We have had 2 nights in a row where Claudia hasn't done the wake up after 30 minutes of being asleep when she first goes to bed! I think we're onto something. I'm thinking of getting MIL over tonight when they go to bed so I can go Easter shopping. We do a trail of eggs out of Jessica's bedroom into the loungeroom & usually buy her a toy of some sort & some pj's & all she gets from us is the little eggs. They get wayyyyyyyyy too much chocolate & I end up eating it all! hehehe Even last year Claudia got chockies & she was like 8 weeks old???? BTW, when is Easter?

Love Jayne

Jayne, lol... yep 20kg for a 1.5kg baby!! oh well. Isn't it silly that people buy babies chocolate? Brendan got some as well and he was 6 weeks old (but wasn't due for 4 more weeks) Just silly, MIL was going to get him some more this easter which I told her not to waste her money and put it into Brendans bank account instead!

Good Friday is the 21st March.

posted twice

LOL

Oh wow, Easter is closer than I thought! I need to get buying! I just buy Jess & Claudy's little friends the $4 little egg in a resin egg cup. They have all sorts like thomas, barbie, etc.. & at least it's something they can keep & use afterwards. I forgot to say I always get Jess & I'll get Claudy one this year an egg in a set with a mug, bowl & cup & sometimes they have a spoon in them too. Although Jessica has been 'reading' the catalogues & wants a duck easter egg. Putting $$ into bank account is a great idea. We put $$ in each fortnight & the kids had quite a collection happening until Alan bought some shares with it. When he sells the shares, they will get it back though & probably a lot more.

So MIL spends a bit of time with Brendan? I'm not sure if you've told us before, but where is Brendan's dad? Is good that MIL spends time with him though! Really good.

Brendans dad lives with his mum atm... We have worked things out and are currently looking for a place to live! His dad is giving me extra money on top of the child support, which comes in very handy this month!! I have my car insurance due.

I only opened Brendans bank account up last week, because he got 80 from his great Nana for his Birthday. lucky lil bugger!!

Hi girls

Jayne, I used to work in a lab a few years back, but am now a secretary. With no computer access or printer. Fant-blinking-tastic. Liebs is enjoying me being back at work, he has really taken to nursery/my friend and enjoys himself now with all the other toys and things, and has really come on developmentally, just little things like joining in with group clapping and not doing his own thing. But he's so much more confident with walking and not needing me around so much that I'm really pleased. I can sit and talk to friends while he wanders around and plays now!

Sleep, well, none for me last night. DS got a molar through. He didn't want me touching inside his mouth, it was that sore. I do feel sorry for the poor mite, but not that sorry. My migraine is really bad today, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. Luckily I can touch-type cos reading the screen is hard!

Chocolate eggs. Yup, my mother says I'm cruel for not letting DS have chocolate, so bought him an egg. He can have it... in the breastmilk LOL. I'm so over her thinking me a bad mother for still breastfeeding and not giving DS chocolate and jam.

Tashie, well done on the weight loss! You may not put on so much next time, you may have a nasty baby who won't let you eat chocolate (*cough* LIEBLING *cough*). I'm so proud of you for losing all that, it's amazing! As for TTC, period AGAIN today. 29 days. WTF? How do people cope with cycles this short? It's like I don't have a break! But that's good, we're not TTC yet and won't be for a few years. Poor Tobi, but lucky man that he got star treatment.

Sally, great you have gotten things worked out! I'm so chuffed for you.

Best go, I need to rest my eyes in both senses of the phrase.

Love to you all

Hi Girls,

Well I have been a busy girl today cooked 2 quiches,a zuchini slice, cornflake kisses, choc chip muffins and made 3 salads!!! Erin is the last of our bubs I think to turn 1 so tomorrow is her big day. Just having some friends over for lunch and then family for dinner. I keep thinking this time last year I was in lobour.

Pregnancy is goimg fine, told most of my friends now. I am 9 weeks now. Just booked in to get my 12 week scan in a couple of weeks.Life seems to be so hectic at the moment and I have hardly been on the net at all.Erin has taken a few steps but not walking as such yet.

I finally have my boobs back yay!!!! Erin weaned with no problem at all, thanks for all your tips girls. She drinks cows milk really good now out of a straw cup, I think she would take about 150ml a day and also plenty of youghurt cheese and water. Guess I won't have my boobs back for 2 long!!

RYN - Erin got a molar on the weekend and was really grizzly for a few days, then I saw the tooth!! She is back to her normal happy self now. Glad Liebs is enjoying nursery and staying with your friend.
    SALLY - Great news that you have worked things out with DP. Where do you think you will move to?
    JANE - Definently want to catch up soon, hopefully things will start slowing down soon!!! Got Erins Christening on the 30th March so that will be the last big evernt for a while.My Mum's bought Erin a new sleeping bag for easter which will be great for winter.
    KYM - Hi sweet hope all is well with you.

Well dinner is nearly ready so better go and get organised. My Mum has bought Erin a gorgeous purple wooden table and chairs set so better get Hubby to put it together before tomorrow. I still can't beleive my baby girl is 1 tomorrow!!!

Love to you all xxx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!

I hope you're day is full of fun & presents!!
    I can't wait to play with you soon!

Love Claudia!!!

Kristy, Happy Birthday Erin!! Hasn't the time just flown by?? I'm glad your pregnancy is going well. how exciting for you

Rosehip, I dont think you are the only one restricting your child from chocolate!! I'm not letting Brendan have any. And even next year it'll be just 2-3 eggs in total. It's hard enough to keep them on a healthy diet (with all the crap for sale) without grandmas and grandads buying them lots of chocolate!!

Brendan has been sleeping lots today... poor lil man, his cough is slowly going. I think I caught the cold before it got bad And I don't seem to be coming down with it.... woohoo!

Talking about giving babies chocolate, DH gave Tobi some when he got home from work yesterday and it really cheered him up heaps for an hour or two. I couldn't believe the difference. Then he choked a little on some dinner, had a coughing fit and then went down hill again. We had more spew all over mummy and a very unhappy baby. Why do they always spew on the Mums and never on the Dads. He seems much better today, so I think the ab must have kicked in.
    We let Tobi try most things, but really limit how much naughty stuff he has. I would prefer he has chocolate over other naughty stuff. I am trying to work out all the no go foods, but it is so hard working it out.
    Jayne - Been doing research on the bunnies. They seem like hard work!
    Sally - Glad to hear that you are working things out with DP and it will be fabulous having someone else there all the time to help you out with Brendan.

PS. Sally - 20kg is nothing. I have friends that put on 35kg when they were pregnant. I put on 17kg. I am glad I didn't put on too much, but I also wasn't going to stop eating all the yummy foods. I loved being pregnant and having the excuse to be curvy. I may be down to my pre-pregnancy weight now, but I am still 78kg and I want to lose another 15kg before DH gets home in August. It is hard while they are away though. Chocolate is such a good substitute for sex.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast