Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #11

LISA _ 57kg sounds TINY! Are you very short? I am meant to be 65kg (I think!) & that is F O R E V E R away from me too. I am really overweight as well. I look at my wedding pictures & I was 70kg & I wish I could get back there! I looked so much better than what I do now! I'm trying though. I had a gf who did so very, very, very well with Cohens. She looks absolutely amazing now. She must be about 60kg now & she would have been well over 110kg (I think again). It's a great program, so I hear! The caravan is awesome. I picked mine up 2nd hand for $50 & Claudia loves it now. At first it was hard for her to stay upright in it, the way the seats are & she would just lean on Jess, but now that Jessica has a big girls bike with training wheels she wants to ride herself & not go in the caravan. Claudia is sitting in it beautifully now, only the monkey takes her arms out the straps & pushes her face up against the flywire! It's funny. Claudia got one of those bikes with the parental handle & the harness which she also loves. If we are going to a park that's further away, I put her in the caravan but if we're going to a close by one, I put her in her bike. Only I made the mistake of taking her in little slipper socks on her bike & now she can reach the ground she dragged her foot the whole way & ripped the sock, so it's shoes now everytime we go in the bike!

Claudia did the most amazing thing tonight, she was brushing her teeth, well eating the toothpaste off the brush & asking for more & I said to her 'Brush your dollies teeth now' & she actually put the toothbrush up against the dolls mouth & rubbed it backwards & forwards! How's that for understanding! I am worried about her speech though. She is not saying a lot of the words that she was previously & while she is bantering in her own language & trying to join in the songs I sing she isn't talking anywhere near like Jessica did at that age. I'm wondering if I should take her to the CHN?

Love Jayne

Awww Claudia is so clever!!! I love when you ask them to do something and they do it... it is amazing what they understand huh?

Don't be too worried with her speech just yet... every child is different (I am sure you've heard this a million times!) and as long as she is talking in her language, and trying some words out, I am sure everything will fall into place in no time.

DH and I have looked at getting Harrison one of those bikes... all the ones we have seen that look safe, and the wheels can be turned by the parents, have been pink and girly!!! But, the other day, as we passed by a bike shop, I saw a brilliant boy-ish one in there... so I might have to pop on in and see if the wheels move by the parents, and if it does I'm gonna buy it.

I am 5'3, so I am fairly short... so this is why I am able to get down so small on my plan... I can't imagine being that small... I haven't been that size since high school!!! But, it is possible and I can do it. Cohens is a great program... the food is just normal stuff you have at home, which I liked, no shakes or pills etc... but remembering to go 5hrs between meals can be a hassle for me at times... but it makes me have my breakfast at a decent hour... because I have to stop eating by 9pm... so if I don't eat my breakfast until 9am... that means I can't have lunch until after 2pm, then I can have dinner until after 7pm... and by then I am so hungry and miserable that I would eat anything... so I try to have my breaky at 7, lunch at 12, and dinner when I am hungry, which is usually 6-6:30pm

HIi Ladies,

How are we all? I have been a moody irrationla cow this week felt like PMT times 1000!!! Lucky HUbby being a cop is used to dealing with crazy, deranged, psycho people so he has the patience of a saint. I am using the Prgnancy hormones get out of jail free card here!!!!!!

TASHIE - Cracked me up with the not getting laid comment !!! It always helps. Though remember it only takes one, proof is in my tummy now!Are you back from QLD? How was your trip.
    RYN - Good luck sweet with you scan, must be very stressful for you.Make ysure you let us know how it all goes.
    KYM - Yay for walking and sleeping, what a clever girl.I think the age they are at now is so awesome.
    KEL - Have a great trip hon, how exciting. New job sounds great as well.
    LISA - Great job hon on the weight loss.ARee the caravan things the little capsules that pull behind the bikes, they look great, would love to get one of those.
    JAYNE - Erin really doesnlt say much apart from babble. She says Daddy and Mumma and Duck thats all I can understand at this stage. She talks constantly but not much taht we understand yet. I wouldn't be too worried.

About the teeth. Erin loves a toothbrush and is always shoving it in your mouth, shoudl we be using toothpaste yet? Do you gusy brush there teeth morning and night yet? havdn't thought much about it to I read Jaynes post.

Same old same old with us. Just plodding along.

KRISTY - TBH I only give Claudia the toothpaste because Jessica has it & if I don't put any on Claudia's toothbrush she knows she has missed out & has a tanty over it. LOL. I'm really not sure if the toothpaste is necessary at this age, I think it's more the brushing that is important. I think Jessica was about 2 when we started putting toothpaste on her brush. Oh yeah, are you showing yet & are you finding out what colour you're having? Also, are you going to Murdoch. I'd go & have a baby just to stay at that hospy again. Hehehe, I loved it! It's like a hotel but better because you get fed without having to ring for room service! LOL.

LISA _ Yeah I hear you! I was skinniest when I was at school then, since then I'm like an ever-expanding whale. LOL. There is a really cool red & black bike that is at Target (was advertised about 2-3 weeks ago), I'm not sure if it's the same in all states, but it's the same one as Claudia's but red & black. I only know because my sister is getting one for my nephews birthday. Claudia's is orange, yellow & aqua & it's quite girly, I agree. Claudia loves the bike but the only prob is she gets excited & jiggles the handles so it goes off course. Both of us have dual use of the steering & sometimes she has me nearly side-stepping to make it go straight! LOL.

ME _ I'm really jacked. I was outside hanging washing & the electrician rang to come & install my lights, but he never bothered his backside to ring my mobile & I didn't hear the home phone & so he went over to another job, only about 2 suburbs away & when I rang him back he said he can't come til next week now. I"m really annoyed. I wanted the lights up NOW. I told him not to worry, I'd find somebody else. Would you be annoyed?

Love Jayne xox

Jayne & Lisa - I hear you loud and clear about the weight lose. I was 54kg at school and put on 35kg in my first year of Uni and never been able to shift it. I would love to get down to 60kg before DH gets home and before I get fat again with bub number 2. The shakes are going well. They taste good and I'm not getting hungry, just constipated (not as bad as when I was pregnant though!!). It is hard to stick to it when on holidays though. I went to a friends place for dinner last night and they had pizza for tea and it wasn't even awesome tasting pizza. Such a waste of calories.

Jayne & Kristy - Tobi isn't saying many words either, but you can't shut him up. I have been a bit worried about it, but he seems a bit slower in all of his development, so I think if he gets to 18months and still not saying much, then I will worry. Like your girls, Tobi does seem to understand a lot. The other night we were at a friends place and he was drawing. Pulling out a crayon out of the box and putting it back before he took out another. It was very cute and then he tried to put the lid back on. I told him to use two hands, as it will be easier to put on and he did and got the lid back on.

Jayne & Kristy - They say that you shouldn't use toothpaste until 2 years as they swallow it instead of spitting and too much fluoride for kids can be dangerous. And you should use kid toothpaste until 6 years. I use it every now and then with Tobi. I know that he likes cleaning his teeth with toothpaste better. We only get him to brush (munch on the toothbrush) once a day.

Jayne - I would be jacked too about electrician. I have been having so much trouble getting work done for our unit in Brisbane. No one seems to do a good job anymore or even wants the work. Getting quotes is such a pain.I am wasting so much money on phone calls ringing people that never show up.

Kel & Jayne - Tobi has had a cold now for ages too. Going on 7 weeks. I took him to the doctor as I thought he could be allergic to something but they wont do tests until he turns two. He said to give Tobi some antihistamine. But then a friend said that antihistamines can be really dangerous for under 2years. What do I do? Go by my doctor or by my friend's Dad who is also a doctor? Anyway, I am thinking it could be milk as it started when I stopped breast feeding and put Tobi on more cows milk. But if it only gives him a snotty nose, then I am not going to worry too much. He seems happy and healthy otherwise. What are you guys doing to clear up the nose's in your household?

Ryn - I hope the scan goes well today and don't stress about Liebs, he'll be fine.

Kristy - Being pregnant is the best excuse to get cranky and say all the things you wouldn't normally say. Take advantage and fix all the things you don't like at home or with other people!!!

Lisa - We have one of those caravans too. They are awesome. Tobi loves it. But his helmet doesn't sit on properly and he tries to pull it off a lot. So before a bike ride we have to get him used to it for hour or so first.

My nephew - Well I got to babysit my nephew for a day and I think I have worked out some of their problems for them and Harrison seems a lot happier and sleeping better, which is fantastic. Maybe I should be a midwife too. I would love to become one or a child health nurse, but I wouldn't like the hours. I am thinking of doing financial planning, bank hours seem good to me!!

Take Care everyone. That is enough from me for today. xxx

Tobi - So far this holidays
    * Eaten Cat Food
    * Broke 1 plate and 1 cup
    * Got behind TV cabinet and I couldn't get him out
    * Got his fingers stuck in the draws heaps of times
    * Chased the cat around as much as she will let him
    * Drawn all over grandmas printer (only with pencil luckily)
    And that's not including all the times that I have put the books back on the bookshelf, DVDs away, stuff back in cupboards and picked up toys from one end of the house to the other.

He also loves the front loader washing machine. He sat and watched his toys go round and round for ages the other day. It was very cute

hello!
    Just a quick note to let you all know i'm still here! lol. Brendan has 8 teeth now And a reall dribbly monster!!

Not much else happening.

take care!

Hi Girls,

JAYNE - I am going to Murdoch again with this bub. I had a great experience there last time, and didn't want to leave. I think I stayed 6 nights last time but when I left Erin was feeling well, I was feeling good and relaxed so that is why we pay the big health insurance bucks I think!! I had Dr Anna Holmes again who I just adored last time. I am going the surprise at the end with blue or pink. Though tempting I will bethrilled with whatever I am blessed with. I am one of 2 girls so it would be great for Erin to have a sister and on the otehr hand I would be great to have a little boy bundle.

TASH - That is pretty much what I am doing with Erin and her teeth. She loves her toothbrush and copies me when I am brushing my teeth. She is really starting the copying thing she was running around today with teh dustpan and brush sweeping the floor, just got to teach her how to work the vacume cleaner!!!

SAL - Hey Hon, how is everthing going since the move? Great to hear from you.

RYN - Thinking of you and hoping everything goes ok with the scan today.

Hi to all everyone else!!!

Hello...

two days in a row!! I'm on here that is

Kristy, everything has been great. I'm so much more relaxed and happy.... but i miss the internet! We only have a 3 month lease, so it's not worth setting up properly. We are hoping we'll have another house lined up which will be more permanent. DP's work has a house, but atm another worker is living in, but he's trashing it and they aren't ahppy with him, so hopefully we can move in there. (i know thats not nicce hoping someone else would get kicked out of a house, but he's a single guy and we are a family!)

I'm going off to Midland for a few hours, while mum looks after Brendan! yay!

Take care everyone

Hi everyone

Just a quick one to say hi... I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend.
    Today I baked ANZAC biscuits for my family... the loved them. I have been cooking up a storm over the last few days... last night I made pork in plumb sauce which was all sticky and gooey and they loved it, served with home made fried rice... then I cooked up a huge omelette this morning, DH had black pudding and I made raspberry smoothies () and I now have a sausage casserole cooking for tonight, and when that is done, I am going to cook up a pea and ham soup!!! lol... I guess when I am on a diet, all I wanna do is cook.
    Harrison loved black pudding.. I've never had it before... hmmm.
    I have now been back on my diet for 1 week, and I weighed myself today and I have lost 6.6kgs and 15.5cms off my body... I am loving this result!!! Yay.

Well... I am now going to bake a cake... lol... my house smells great atm!
    I hope you all have a great weekend

LISA _ Where's my dinner invite? I don't like pork, but it sounded good anyway. What exactly is black pudding? Isn't it something really disgusting? I think the raspberry smoothie sounded much better to me! LOL. Oh wow, what type of cake are you baking? I love making desserts, but I never seem to have the time to make main meals, I have some great recipes & I really should start trying. I saw a great one for chicken & coconut stirfry that sounds good! Anzac biscuits sound yummy, I thought about making them today as well. I will do that when brat-bags is asleep! LOL.

SAL _ We are going to Midland on Sunday for SIl's birthday (I think). Tell us all about your little shopping adventure. How is the little man going? I bet he is spoiled rotten with Nanna.

KRISTY _ Oh you're a star. I LOVE the surprises. I didn't know what either of mine were, but I was convinced they were both boys. LOL. I think it's mint not knowing, but each to their own. I can understand why people find out what they're having. I'd stay at Murdoch for the first 6 months if I could. It's so beautiful in there & the food! OH my, don't get me started on the food. I love the candlelit dinners that they do there for the parents as well.

TASH _ I don't know about the antihistamine, I really don't. I think that they were working well for Kel with Jemima though? Also, the reason I haven't taken Claudia to the Dr with her cold/cough is because I don't think they'd give her anything either. She is happy & well, just barks like a dog when she coughs. This morning her nose is green though, so if it's like that tomrrow I'll get her to the Dr.

ME _ Going now to organise the kids lunch & then make some anzac biscuits!

Love Jayne xox

Oh Jayne... the ANZAC bickies that I made were soft ones too... and my whole kitchen smells butter scotch-ish... yummo. I just had salt, pepper and chili calamari salad for lunch and it was sooooooooo good!
    Black pudding is a sausage... it is made from barley, blood, heart and some other stuff... it is very dark when it is cooked... it kinda reminded me of beef and red wine sausages DH and I have bought before... Harrison loved it, as did Madeleine... I will have to try it when I am off my diet.
    I have decided that I am now going to cook raspberry and white chocolate friands... I havd so much left over raspberries from this morning, so I might as well do something with them... though the older kids are begging me for french toast with raspberry topping... so who knows. Oh... I forgot to mention that I made a choc pudding in my slow cooker last night, from scratch and DH and the kids looooooved it. All this food, and yet I still don't feel like I am missing out... if I keep cooking like this, DH and the kids will need to lose weight!!! lol. I guess it is because it is cold, and DH has a cold, as does Madeleine, so I am trying to get some warming foods into them.

Good Afternoon!

happy Anzac Day!!

Brendan is doing really well. He is getting a lil more adventurous now and can stand for around 5-10secs by himself I'm soooo Proud! He has a Paed appt in less than 2 weeks, so I know they are going to be happy with him. He is also bringing his hands together now, but not yet clapping. It shouldn't be too far off I dont think!

My shopping adventure was quick. I forgiot about today being a public holiday and that it was school hols. The place was packed out!! I got what I wanted and got out again!!

Take care everyone

LISA _ I think I will take a big PASS on the black pudding. Yuck. But good for you guys if you like it. Oh wow, you are the bomb. I can't believe you're makign all this stuff & not eating it! I made some anzac bikkies & they were soft, then my sister came over & made me make another batch & she went out somewhere & I got busy playing with my nephew & forget them & the turned out hard. But that's how my sister likes them, so it worked out all around! LOL. Bugger with the colds, they just don't seem to go away just lately.

SAL _ I can't believe that Midland is open. Nothing in Rockingham is open, lucky for me I didn't attempt to go food shopping, will have to do that tomorrow. I had to go to the service station to get some milk because my cupboards are so bare!

ME _ I am just upstairs while Jessica cleans the wall in the loft. She drew a big smiley face on the loft wall that was about 1 metre square. Bad girl she is. The bad thing is that she is loving cleaning it off. LOL.

Love Jayne

Afternoon!

How is everyone?

I have some very exciting news... Brendan is clapping!!! I have uploaded a video if anyone is interested, it's not that great quality though. lol.

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay...20335336573840

Hope all is well
    take care

Oh crap, I get logged on and my vision blurs again...

No results from last week's scan yet. Thinking of you all and all the toddlers. Liebs had his last day at hospital nursery today and they sent him home early ruddy place. He has learnt how to programme the washing machine/dryer and turn it on, so his nappies had an odd wash after their normal one at the weekend.

Best be off and rest my eyes, I hate this! Love to you all and I Hope to be better soon so I can keep chatting.

Hiya Ryn!
    We all hope you're better soon too.
    Thinking of you.

Guess what? I'm Grandma Rabbit again. 4 baby bunnies born this morning to our Bella. It's her first litter & unfortunately one of the 4 was stillborn. Very upsetting for me to have to take care of, but as long as the other 3 are healthy, that's the main thing. They are sooooooo freaking ugly that they are cute! LOL. They are about 2 days overdue though & their skin a bit wrinkly, hope they go ok!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast