Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #11

HI Lovely Ladies,

Jayne - My goodness what a fertile little house you have got at the moment, becareful if its not just bunnies!!
    Ryn - Hope you get your results back soon and that your back feeling 100% real soon.
    Sal - Clever Brendan he is doing so well. Where in Perth are you living now?
    Lisa - or should I say chef extroidinare. very impressed with your culinary excellence!!!

Not much happening here girls. I started Prego water aerobics last week which I love. Heated hydrotherapy pool and we spend the last 15 mins lying back with the lights off and soft music on floating with a head rest and pool noodles and you take turn towing each oterh around the pool. So relaxing came home feeling like I was floating.Booked in for my 19 week scan in 2 weeks so the weeks are flying by.

Erin is starting to winge so better go.

Hi girls.
    I will try and get on here atleast once a day as it is so hard to catch up on everyone!
    Kristy! OMG your pregnancy is flying by!! Your almost catching me! I am almost 31 weeks now. We are having another boy....
    Well Jett is sick yet again, he is always sick with something!! I cant wrap him up in cotton wool either. He has vomiting and dihorrea, I think he may be teething.
    He is saying a few words, Mum, Dad, Ta, bird, light.... the bird and light arnt clear but i know what they are....
    Best be off,
    Bye for now!

Hi girls,
    Jayne - Wow, they really do mean that bunnies mate like crazy. I hope you sell them as quickly as you did last time. Has Jess called them all the same name again?
    Lisa - I am very impressed on your cooking abilities and willpower. You give me inspiration to stay good and not eat all the yummy foods that come my way while on holidays. Keep up the good work.
    Kym - Hows everything going darl? Haven't heard from you in ages.
    Kristy - Water aerobics sounds fantastic.
    Ryn - Hope you get some answers soon. Take Care ok
    Sally - Way to go Brendan on the clapping. He is such a cute boy. How is the new place going and living with DP again? Its good to see you on here lots even though you don't have the net at home.
    Tobi - Has worked out how to undo zips, so now we have even more things that he can get into.

Hi all still here!
    Just busy with the usual....

Sorry Tash, I am a bad friend.... have been meaning to reply to your email or at least text (or here's a novel thought - I should pick up the phone for a proper chat!!!) Hope QLD is treating you well and that Tobi is being less destructive!

Gotta be quick...
    Ryn, hope you will be ok soon, thinking of you.
    Lisa, you sound like a chef extraordinaire!! Even though I don't like black pudding, i admire you for making it from scratch and it must be really good for bubs with all that iron etc...
    Scorpiomum, wow, not long now! Got any names picked or are they secret??
    Sal, congrats on the clapping (Brendan that is - I assume you learnt a while ago!!)
    Kristy and Tash, Monkey has just started copying chores as well - sweeping seems to be her favourite - too cute isn't it!

And I know this was ages ago... but you guys were talking about when you put on weight.... Tash, I was like you.... I put on around 20kg in 12 months in my 1st yr at uni too!! Methinks I may have drunk a little too much alcohol and ate a little too much college food!!!

Newsflash from Monkeyland: She has got a tooth!!!!! all been a bit slow really, 8 days since the gum started to pit and separate and you can only just actually see it! Caused her a bit of grief, but not too bad.

Oh and in other news... the self-sleeping WAS a phase! Oh well, we think it may be a bit to do with teething and she's still easy to settle, but we haven't been able to put her down awake for a few days..... lucky i didn't get too excited!

And lastly (then I really do have to go to bed!) Monkey weaned herself last week too.... what a big month: walking, weaning, teeth all at once! I wasn't even as sad as I thought I might be; actually my overwhelming feeling was one of being proud of her..... bit weird, but I think I'm just proud that she is growing up I guess....

Love to you all.

KYM _ WTG Monkey! I'm not surprised the self-settling fell by the wayside when she was learning so many new things! Walking is the ultimate & thank goodness for some chompers!!! Food will have a whole new meaning now! LOL. Oh wow with the weaning as well! That's incredible! What a clever girl!

TASH _ This litter of Bunnies is called 'The Fairy Tots'. So VERY Jessica. They seem to be going well. I was worried that Bella had them so quickly, she didn't pull much fur (they pull fur from their bellies to create warmth for the kits as they are born naked) & I thought they would end up being cold, but overnight she seemed to have realised & this morning they had fur underneath & on top of them. So they are very clever little animals indeedy! I have ended up advertising 3 of the remaining bunnies from our first litter that Chocky had. Two were given away to friends, one went last night & the other is going on Saturday. Only because I had $300 in vet bills to try & recoup & the people who were sooooo desperate for a bunny never called to come around & pick one out. So I had advertised them for tomorrow as hand-reared - which they are & so we will see if they go. Apparently they are hard to come by at the moment - this particular breed & I contacted another rabbit breeder I know who is very well known & she said she has a list of 30 names on her books of people waiting for bunnies. So I am hoping they sell tomorrow & being hand-reared I have put a bigger price tag on them so I think that only people who are going to really want them will pay that money for them. Oh wow, this is all about bunnies! LOL. How is Tobes? Are you still in Qld?

SCORPIOMUM _ How is Jett today? Do you think it's a tummy bug rather than just teeth? He sounds pretty unwell. I hope he is much better today!

KRISTY _ LOL smarty pants! There is definitely no human-loving happening in this house! Alan has been gone almost 2 weeks now! Gosh, don't wish that nightmare onto me! I had 3 female breeding bunnies, but after the loss of Chocky, I'm down to 2, I will be getting another doe when the babies from Chocky's litter leave home. I'm so glad you're going back to Murdoch! I love that place! Hopefully one day when I'm a midwife I will work there! It's just beautiful. I had many of the same midwives with Claudia that I had with Jessica & they remembered me which was really touching. Or could be because Jessica was 'THAT' baby who screamed the freaking corridor down all night long! No lie! LOL.

ME _ Busy day today, Jess went back to swimming lessons & gymnastics & we had dinner at my In-Laws. Claudia is sleeping better again which is great all around!

Love Jayne

Kym - Yay for Monkey getting a tooth!!! Look out though, Harrison was a later teether too and he is about to break #3 through with 4,5,6 &7 very very close by.... seems like they're all trying to come out at once... nights here have not been pleasant for our little man.

I will try to do personals later... Madeleine is home with a sore hip, she is walking around like an old lady... she can't remember falling on it though... maybe she slept in an awkward position or something? Anyway... I've gotta get some washing done... I wish the sun would come out so I don't have to continuously use the drier.

LISA _ How is Madeline's hip now?

RYN _ How did your scan go?

I keep forgetting to ask, has anybody started thinking about big boy/girl bedrooms? Like toddler bed, or single beds?

I have just started shopping for bits & pieces for Claudia's big girls room. I'm going to do a seahorse & starfish theme. Our house is very beach orientated & Jessica has a mermaid bedroom so I wanted to do something similar. I have just won on ebay a seahorse lamp & my gf Caddie is going to make some seahorse & starfish canvases.

Just wondering if anybody else is thinking that far ahead yet either? I'm not planning until re-doing the nursery, until she is probably 2.

Loves!

Hello!

Kristy, I'm in Northam, about 90kms east of Perth on the Great Eastern Highway. Your pregnancy really is flying by!

Scorpiomum, 31 weeks is awesome! well done not all that long to go now.

Tashie, things are going ok. he is hardly ever home. he goes to work at 11am and gets home around 1am. They have started seeding, so the money is really good, but it's hard not having him there aty night, thats when i need the help with Brendan!!!

Jayne, woohoo for bunnies I haven't really given beds much thought. Brendan is in his own room now as the master bedroom in our new place is far too small. I've seen these really cool beds though, race cars and things! I just cant wait... well i can but you know what i mean!!

Not alot esle happening. Brendan has his 1yr corrected check on wednesday. He'll be 1 yr corrected on Monday!! Hopefully they can fix his tongue tie there and not give us another referral. I just want it fixed, so he can catch up again!!

Take care all

Hi everyone,
    I am just waiting for dinner to finish cooking so I thought I would pop in and say hi.

Jayne - Madeleine's hip is ok now... thanks for asking. As for rooms, we're in a 3 bedroom house atm, and Harrison still shares with us... though his part of the room is done up in Disney's Cars... he has Cars everything in his cot, and he has the stick arounds over the walls... He is seriously obsessed with anything to do with cars and trucks... so when we get into a 4 bedroom house we will most likely do his room up as something to do with cars and trucks.

Things have been fairly quiet here.... Harrison is teething so badly at the moment... it seems like all his teeth are coming through at once... he wakes during the night because they're obviously bothering him, so we give him some bonjela and put him in with us. Poor little guy. I had James home from school today, his favourite Music teacher passed away on Wednesday, and the school found out yesterday... James was really upset by it too, and was meant to have music with her today so wanted to stay home... I felt so bad for him
    Back to the dinner.. kids are arguing over Guitar hero... argh!!!!

Lisa, poor Harrison...... I have heard people echo what you said about when they get teeth late they all come at once - looks like thats what it is for you guys...... Monkey on the other hand is taking her sweet time with this 1st one and none others on horizon at moment. We've been doing the same thing..... when she wakes we assess how bad it is and often give Hylands teething tabs +/- bonjela and occ. if really bad some panadol and she comes in with us. And very sad about teacher passing away....

Sal, Yay for Brendan going for 1yr check! I'd be interested to know if they do a "standardised" assessment - at Westmead we use the "Bayley's" for the 1yr olds. I'm sure they'll all be impressed! Good luck with getting the outcome you want for the tongue-tie....

Jayne, you are WAY too organised thinking about room themes!!! But I'd wager a bet there's a certain Brisbanite who's right there with you with toddler room plans!!! I'm sure she'll be back from NZ to talk themes with you soon (Hi Kel!!)

And Jayne, you're right about learning so many things... 14 months has been big for Monkey with walking, weaning and 1st tooth - wow!

Got work tomorrow - bit sick of the Sat thing really..... DH and I have tried to look at options for me to do another week day so we had our full wkends back together.... but trying to coordinate everything with job/childcare/his timetable etc.... just isn't going to happen. Oh well, I know I shouldn't be so greedy, but it makes it really hard to fit in "house stuff" plus a social life on Sundays....

Hope everyone else is well. 'night 'night

KYM _ I had to admit, when I was posting about bedroom themes, I was thinking, I should have left that question until Kel comes back! I'm just doing what I did with Jessica & that's just buying little accessories here & there so when we find the furniture we want & then do up the bedroom, everything is complete. Working on Sat's is totally understandable & it must be hard coordinating your weekends around that.

LISA _ OMG that is terrible about James' music teacher. Was it an accident or was she ill? I'm so sorry to hear that. Harrison is such a boy with all the cars,trucks stuff! My cousins little boy is mad on cars as well. Makes birthday presents easy for him! LOL. Oh wow, I didn't realise that you still had Harrison in with you, I guess that makes night time wake-ups pretty easy when he is right there. Do you think he'll 'miss' you guys when you go into a 4 bedroom house & he has his own room?

SAL _ Alan's grandparents are in Kellerberrin, maybe next time we go up that way I should stop in & say hello on the way! I hope that Brendan passes his appointment with flying colours. Make sure you let us know how he goes!

Hope you are all going great & have big weekends planned!

Love Jayne xox

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789