Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #12

oh poor silly claudia! jemima does the same thing walks up to swings and wants to play on it - not really noticing if anyone else is already doing so! silly duffer
    my girl just wanders though just keeps walking away to explore - it drives me bonkers! especially at parks and stuff like that i would love to sit and watch her play or play on a rug or something but she just wants to plough on towards the boundaries no matter what they are... at a friends house today she just kept leaving the room to explore the house CONTINUALLY at one stage bringing back ALL their toilet paper off the roll..... certainly the way to make friends

i had an awesome interview today which will lead to an interview on friday at a job that is 3 days a week heaps of money and wait for it TWO MINUTES drive from jemima's daycare which is ONE MINUTE drive from my house (equals three minutes drive from my house) I did not think i would ever work closer than where i did before which was four minutes! hehehehe so HOPEFULLY it goes well on friday - it is jobshare so as long as me and the other chick get on it should work - a bit different to normal jobshare by the sounds of it it is wed, thu, fri but the other chick works mon, tue, wed so there is a day where we overlap

jem is wagging daycare tomorrow and i am taking her to swimming lessons and pub lunch! cant wait!

Hey Kel, is Jem's ticker right? It's saying she's 18 months?

Hi My Ladies,

LISA - Thank you for sharing your personal expereience about your loss and giving such good advice. I found a beautiful guradian angel pin which had a verse on that said exactley what I wanted to express so I dropped it and a card in the letterbox yesteraday. He husband called me today and had a really good chat. I have volunteered on a crisis line as a counsellor for 7 years now and I think he really needed to talk to someone outside the situation. She gave birth last night and he was going back this morning and was deciding if they wanted to spend some time with the baby.

KEL -Erin is all over the place with her sleep pattern at the moment. I find she often lets out a cry or scream but when I go in she is actually still asleep. She has stopped going down most days for her arvo sleep so I am now trying to bring the morn sleep to about 12 oclock. She slept for an hour 45 min today but was really grizzly and tired tonight.

TASH - Bummer hun about the pox I remember getting them when I was 6 the week before I was supposed to be flower girl. Hope he recovers really soon Hun.

JAYNE - Thanks babe for your great advice as well, I certainly will take all that on board expecially not avoiding the whole subject of my pregnancy.I was reading the local paper yesterday and Perth Tafe are now offering enrolled nursing 1 day and 1 night a week for 3 years and also the Cert 4 In Health Education 1 night a week for 12 months which qualifies you for either enrolled or registered nursing at TAFE or uni.

Well girls, Got this MOPS thing tomorrow so hopefully Erin won't freak out in the Creche fingers crossed!!!
    Last edited by Kristy D; May 21st, 2008 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Jayne~ View Post
    Hey Kel, is Jem's ticker right? It's saying she's 18 months?
    what do you reckon?? smarty pants!
    my girl is so advanced i changed my ticker to be more relevant heheheheeh
    hehehehe
    i will fix it now!!
    thanks jayney
    mwah!

KEL _ I know, I'm so smart that I could do damage to myself! LMAO. It's only I freaked because I was looking at your new ticker pic & then I noticed the age & I thought holy canoli are they 18 months already, I'd been telling everybody 15 months! LOL.

KRISTY _ How did MOPS go? I hope that Erin wasn't frightened this week! How is your friend going? Was their little treasure a boy or girl? Have they named him or her? I wonder how she's doing, I have been thinking of her non-stop. I hope they spent time with their little angel. I'm in tears just thinking about it.

LISA _ How are you sweets? I've still got your PM, I have to reply, will do tomorrow. Is Cohens all up & running again now?

TASH _ How's Tobes? Still spotty? I hope he's not too upset for you & that he is coping well, just spotty!

ME _ Had a busy day. Wednesdays are busy for us. Claudia is learning the parts of her face. She knows eyes, nose, mouth & hair. We are working on ears. She can also point out a duck in a picture, but it has to be yellow. She can also turn around on command& she can jump on a bed or trampoline. She also sits when she wants a drink or some food. Clever girl I have!

Love Jayne xox

Oh Claudia the clever little princess!!! She sounds like such a cutie Jayne
    I got an email from Cohens yesterday saying they posted my program off on Tuesday... so it should arrive at anytime now... I'm so excited!!
    Gotta run... Maddy's school isn't on strike today so gotta take her to school... Harry is sitting on me and I'm typing one handed... very annoying
    Have a great day everyone

Hi Girls,

My friend who lost the baby called this morning I was going to call her tomorrow to give her a bit more time. She said very similar to what you said Jayne. She said" please talk about being pregnant still and the bub I want to hear it all, of course I will proably feel a little tear when yuo give birth but I want to enjoy your pregnancy too". So that was nice.

Aparantly the baby will get tested to see if they know the cause and they said they will try and do hand and foot prints for her to, but the baby was very tiny. Not sure if it was a boy or girl she has 2 boys already. I didn't want to ask and will leave it up to her to tell me if she wants to.Said I will catch up for a coffee next week.

Had my Ob appt Tues forget to mention it to you girls and bub was measuring about a week smaller but my Ob wasn;t worried at all .Erin was induced a week late and was 6 pd 8 so she thinks this baby will proably just be smiliar size. Was a nice relief.

JAYNE - Erin is obsessed with ducks!!!! She looks very confused when we feed the ones down the road becasue they are not yellow.She has started doing the parts of the face as well.

LISA - Yay for tehm finally sorting the program out for you hun. Hope it all goes well.

Erin was up from 2-4am last night god only knows why, she has gone down now at 10am for a sleep as she was very grizzly. Maybe teeth, but I blame everything on teeth. She did well at the MOPS thing yesterday. I bought her stroller along and the ladies sais she washappy as long as the stroller was near her, must be a sercurity thing. Was so nice haveing 2 hours to have a coffee, listen to speakers and have adult conversation!

KRISTY _ I'm glad that you have spoken to your friend, I have been thinking of them constantly. I hope that they name the baby & are able to get hand & footprints & hopefully even some pictures. Is she still in hospy or is she home? I'm so glad that she told you not to forget her. I found it hard because my friend wouldn't talk about her pregnancy out of respect for me, but I found that even worse, I still wanted to hear, as hard as it was, but I still wanted to know. Glad that Erin had fun today, she is funny being attached to her stroller. Hey, are you going to get a twinnie pram? How cute!!!

LISA _ Yep, my girl is spesh alrighty! She is nowhere near as clever as Jessica was at that age, btu she is clever anyway! LOL. The thing I find hardest is that she baby babbles majority of the time, where I could have a proper conversation with Jess at this stage. Oh I'm loving the one-handed typing! It's a PITA alright, I hear ya! I can't wait to hear how skinny you're going to get! I am thinkign of giving WW another try, I have bunnies coming over from the East next month & I can't afford them & Cohens! Priorities I know!

Hope you're all having great days. We didn't take Claudy to swimming today because Jess wasn't well & couldn't go to creche. So we did some retail therapy instead! LOL. Both kids are not very well now, they have been perking up & going bad again all day, so I hope they are not getting sick again.

Love Jayne xox

Hahaha Jayne... I definitely KWYM... I only paid for Cohens because it came out of my last tax refund and I said to DH that I wanted to spend some of my refund on me... so I used some of it for Cohens.
    Speaking of which... I got my program today!!! Yippeeeeee.... it is soooooooo different and more professional then the last ones... so I am planning to start again on Saturday... I find it easier to start on weekends because they're more relaxed in my home.
    I spoke to my sister today... she has 30 days to go... I am getting soooooooooo clucky... I can't wait to meet my little neice or nephew! I am going to be her main support person whilst she is in labour which is such an honour... I just know I am gonna bawl my eyes out... though I am really really nervous that she may give birth in the suite that I had Noah in and I don't know yet how I will feel about that... I have been in there since, when Harrison wasn't moving around much and they had to do a trace on him, so I got over the fear of being in there... and thankfully I didn't birth Harry in there... but watching a new baby come into the world it that room might be a difficult thing, and I don't want to get upset and make any moment about me, when everything should be on my sister.
    The other thing is I can get to take some photos of the artwork we donated to the hospital in memory of Noah... and I can make sure his name is in the chapel on the angel blanket (which it was meant to be on since just after he was born)

Anyway... I am off to bed to read for a while. Night everyone

What's the deal with you posting everything twice Lisa? Are you sure you're ok over there? LOL.

Oh wow, I'd love to be somebody's support person in their labour (any takers Kristy?), I think it'd be soooooo exciting. I reckon I'd be just fab until the baby was born, then I'd be in a puddle of tears. I even cry at weddings these days, weird I know!

It's a sticky situation about the birthing suite of Noah, I know where you're coming from with that one, it will be hard, but you know what? It might be just what you need, seeing a crying baby born into that room. It might brighten up the memories, not that you want to erase Noah's but it might give you some strength back. I hope YKWIM?

Ok, I have to get going & get to bed, very loooong night last night. Jess isn't well so I'm hoping she is better in the morning.

Love Jayne xox

Yeah I have no idea what is going on with the double posting!!! Strange stuff.

I KWYM in regards to a crying, healthy baby being born in that room... I will be so happy if we are in that room when it happens, but it will initially be daunting. My nephew was actually born in that suite too, only 3 years earlier.
    I hope Jess is feeling better today

ETA - I just realised that I am able to delete the double posts!!! lol. So, no more double posts from me, unless I don't notice them lol

Hi Girls,
    Well after locking ourselves in the house all week, I became very sceptical whether Tobi really did have the chicken pox or not. He has spots but they aren't blistery. I know they get a mild case if they have been immunised, but how mild is mild? It was driving me nuts. So that in combined with Tobi crying heaps and driving me nuts i took him back to the doctor and the good news is no chicken pox, the bad news is he has both ears infected again. He also has six teeth thinking about coming through, so as you can imagine, he hasn't been a happy baby this week. At least now I know he doesn't have chicken pox I can pass him to a neighbour for half an hour when he is bad, so I can have some time out. I have nick named him Wah Wah this week. When DH rang and I told him about it all, he just laughed. I am not laughing, how is listening to a baby cry all day and night funny??
    Meanwhile I haven't lost any weight now for a couple of weeks and that is annoying me too, especially as I have been really good since I got home. I still want to lose another 15kg and I only have 3 months till DH gets back.

Kristy - I am so glad to hear that your friend called you and you can be there for her without feeling too guilty. Is Erin sleeping better?

Kel - How is Jem at nights now? Is she still waking up at the same time? When do you hear about the job?

Jayne - Claudia and Jess make Tobi look...slow...I'm not worried, but your girls are learning so much quicker than he is. Not that he wants to learn, he'd rather play in the dirt all day.

Those bubs that are now down to one nap, what time are you putting them down and are you having lunch before or after? How long are they sleeping for? I am giving in and letting Tobi just go to one sleep. I wanted to wait till he could wait till 1pm but its not happening.

Take Care

hey tashie
    i think the annoying thing about this one nap thing is that all babies are different - some have a little nap in the morning and are right for the rest of the day and some wait until afternoon and still sleep good at night.
    jem stopped waking at night the very day i was complaining about it! MUST have been cold.. yippee coz she has been doing her normal 6-7 until 6-7(occasionally we have had to wake her) 12hours again!!!
    she is "lasting" until 11.40 naptime at daycare which is a totally crappy time BUT gets heaps grizzly about 4pm, which is perfectly normal for jemima, i think she kind of did with an afternoon nap as well she has dinner at about 5.15pm and then a bath and then bed about 6.15/6.30 depending on if she has a play after her bath or just booby and bed (i know it is 6.30 when we are feeding coz when she hears the opening credits to neighbours she stops and watches for a while - cheeky thing)

jem is into wiping her nose and face and for some reason the back of her neck! cute as and making it a LITTLE easier to wipe her face after meal times - that is one thing that for next baby i am going to get 'right'.... wiping face from very young age so it is no big deal jemima HATES her face being washed or wiped it is annoying she cracks it big time no matter what - so getting better but so unnecessary
    she only knows her mouth and her belly button (shrek button) and her hair and her head (so she knows how/tries hard to put her hat and her hairclips on
    she is getting so so good at feeding herself as well... she is so careful and precise about it i am so proud of her especially since unlike me she is not a total control freak and still lets me help her eat at the same time so she does a spoon and i do a spoon it is awesome

tashie - there are probably so many things that tobi is doing that our girls are not doing that you just dont realise, i am so glad he doesnt have chickenpox, i guess ina couple of months they get immunized for that is it 18months?

which job are you asking about heheheeheh?? i have an interview today for perfect job 3 mins from home, on tuesday i had the first interview at recruitment place and now i have the real deal..... it would be ideal hours and heaps of money which is half the reason i am going back to work so jemima can learn to walk like an egyptian and to distract myself from not being pregnant.... i went to the chemist/clinic nurse the otherday to find out some tips on weaning jemima from just her morning feed (distraction was only hint given - i had figured that out already) but she said it was highly unlikely that breastfeeding just 2 feeds a day at 15months was the reason AF was not back yet... so another couple of weeks (or less) and i am going to the doctor, he said 4 months ago to come back in 3 months
    HOWEVER i have started to realise i am kinda looking forward to having jemima as a toddler andnot having to worry about another baby right now.... and looking forward to being able to play with her and not worry that i am pregnant and lose weight and not worry that i am pregnant, i lost 1.6kg this week so am 'back' in regards to the weightloss journey in about 15kg i will be getting close to where i was when i got pregnant last time so THEN i will be totally worried if i am not pregnant or working and not caring...

is tobi talking much??? jem is still lots of babbbbbble harrison and quinn seem to have heaps of words..?

Urgh... this is a selfish post so I will apologise in advance.

This morning Harrison has had the worst time with me... I feel awful

I put him in the shower with me... it is usually a great time for both of us... he likes to catch the water in his mouth and the spit it out and have a laugh... but today, I picked him up and was about to wash his hair when I slipped with him... he fell and thankfully I caught him between my leg and the shower screen... we were both very shook up after that... Harry got over it in minutes, I am still a mess so the rest of our shower was spent with us both sitting on the floor of the shower.
    Then... I dressed Harry and brought him out for some apple and cheese.... that was fine, he sat down and ate that, then I distracted him with his cars whilst I tidied up the bathroom... so I was wiping the floor down and knocked Harry over with my hip... I had no idea he was there.
    Then I decided to get myself some breakfast (9:30) and I almost tripped over Harrison, he got caught up between my legs as I was walking, so I grabbed onto the one thing that would stop me from falling on him and that was the fridge... so the fridge got moved out... I was shaken up again and Harry grunted at me.
    Arrrrrrrrgh!!! I am soooooooo over him getting under my feet... he went into my plastics cupboard and grabbed out his sippy cup, then whilst I was grabbing something out of the fridge, he put his cup in the fridge and tried to grab out some lemonade... so I filled his cup with milk, and he proceeded to throw an tanty and threw the cup... I haven't inspected the milk damage yet, but I am imagining there is a lovely milk puddle that he is playing in right now!
    Grrrrrrrr... the other thing I am annoyed about is that we have 3 tommy tippee sippy cup thingys and Harrison has destroyed the teats on them... and I can't find any darn preplacement ones ANYWHERE!!! And the regular bottle teats don't work in them, they just leak everywhere.
    Sooooooooooooo sorry for the vent.... it is Harry's nap time... I am gonna put him down, then I might actually get some housework done.

oh lisa - it is all good - and honestly refreshing to hear about someone else having that kind of day! my wednesday was like that i tried to be a good mummy and let jem wag daycare to come to swimming lessons and she SCREAMED all day she cried and carried on at everything she was great AT swimming and thats it, at the clinic nurse she was just into everything and totally exhausting (but hello they should set up better baby proof area so mum can talk to nurse)
    i was ready to throw jem out the window everytime i put her down or in the car or out the car or changed her nappy etc etc she screamed - i am thinking it was daycare clingliness and she was scared i'd leave her or something
    you sound like u almost NEED a break from harrison, one of my friends friends said they actually make their child give them timeout.... they say mummy is having timeout now and the kid has to sit in the corner and read books and play with things whateva but is not allowed near mummy for ten minutes while they have a cuppa or something.... now that actually sounds fair enough to me.... (but i am about to hopefully have 3 days a week "mummy time" at least my lunchbreak should be and i will work close enough to home i could come home and be in house by myself!) (i say this but i miss jemima heaps and heaps)

i have a feeling stress is what is affecting me in lots of ways the main of course lack of pregnancy - so that is why i am now starting liteandeasy and have a cleaner every 2 weeks i am just totally stressing myself out about heaps of stuff including highschool reunion which reminds me i have 3 mobile numbers, no 4 that i have to ring and get details from and HOPE they know where some people i havent found are then design the invite - i have ideas i just need time - and i am recovering from a cold and have headaches all the time and am so so tired all the time - so housework doesnt happen not the nitty gritty stuff anyway

in short - lisa if you get any housework done today after your couple of scares with harrison and him being a typical toddler then you rock!

LISA - I have days like that where both kids are under my feet & I just can't move without tripping over one of them. If I have one child on my lap having a huggle, the other is clinging to my leg. Today at daycare I had my two kids on my lap & then another child hanging on my back like a piggy back! It's insane! I'm sure Harrison is fine though, he hasn't been hurt (as such) & he will get over it, he's probably forgotten. Do you think that maybe on the weekend, DH can have the kids while you go & get a haircut or a facial or something? Even if it's just to do the grocery shopping? Now, those tommee tippee cups, are they called Nuby cups? They have a silicon feeling spout on them? If they are the ones, I will get some for you & send them over. Claudia uses them as bottles & has her milk in them. We have 4 of them & she loves them! They have just redesigned the spouts on them because the plastics was paper thin between the slits where the drink comes out & now they are stronger & don't break as quickly & yes, you're right, you can't buy the replacement spouts. Tell me how many & I will buy you some & send over. They are the best inventions. Jess had those when she gave up her bottles & she would just have a milo in them when she woke in the afternoons, but Claudia uses hers morning, afternoon & night. They are mint!

KEL _ When do you find out if Jem is the chosen superstar for Bonds? I can't wait to find out! I want her autograph if she is chosen ok? Maybe Jem had the pips on because she is getting used to daycare & the routine & everything was different? I love that you say wagging daycare! It's hilarious.

TASH _ I will admit, Jessica is one clever cookie. She isn't the most clever 3yo but she is very clever. She can even write some letters of the alphabet & she can identify letters on billboards, signs, etc... when we are out driving. Claudia is clever too & understands instructions very well, she just doesn't have the speech that Jessica had at that age. I can be in the loungeroom & give Claudia a pair of her shoes & say 'Go & put your shoes away in your bedroom' & she will go & put them away in her shoebox. But if I said that to Jess at that age she would say 'Yes Mummy' & go & do it. Claudia just baby babbles all the time & gets very shirty if I don't understand. Tobi isn't behind, other kids just excel in different areas. You will find some things that Claudia can't do, Tobi will. It's just how it goes. I'm glad to hear he doesn't have the pox! It does sound like a viral rash of some type. Did he have a fever as well? I hope all those teeth make a breakthrough very soon to give you some relief! Go take Tobes to the neighbours & have a nice hot shower & blow dry your hair or something to give you some 'you' time!

ME _ Had our last settling in session at daycare today for Jess. Claudy is going to be major jacked on Monday when Jess goes & we don't stay & play. SHe loves it. Today though, it was a total accident but Claudy & a boy riding a bike completely collided. The handle bar went across Claudia's mouth & cut her mouth, then she fell & the bike went over her leg. It was bad all around. Blood pouring everywhere. She is a bit swollen on her face now & has a big welt across the mark under her nose where she was supa-glued for that cut a few months back, so she is lucky she didn't re-open that wound. It was a complete accident, but a scary one. Jess has made a beautiful friend at daycare & they sit together for snack times, hold hands, go to the toilet together etc... It's really lovely that Jess has made a new friend. I can't wait for Monday to have a day with Claudia while Jess is off at daycare. I hope I've done the right thing putting her in there. It's just 1 day per week but she totally needed it. I am going to put Claudia in there next year for 1 day because I don't want Claudy getting to the stage that Jess is at where she is completely bored & frustrated.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Oh Jayne... poor little Claudia!!! The poor bubba!!! I hope she has some better, accident free days soon!
    Yay for Jess making a little friend... oh that's so cute. Maddy had a friend like that... they found each other at Daycare and ended up going to the same school as each other... it was a big trauma for the both of them to be separated when we moved... I still feel terrible about it at times, but they keep in touch over the phone and will see each other when we go to visit my Mum next.
    I am feeling better now about my sucky morning... thanks Kel and Jayne for cheering me up and making me feel like less of a monster mum
    Harry is usually a perfect baby... seriously. Today he was just really really clingy, and all afternoon he has had 2 fingers in his mouth... I think his top 2 teeth might be coming through. He is fine now, just getting a little sleepy, but hanging out with his brother and daddy.
    I'm off to organise dinner now... take care

Kel - Its funny that you say that now and not earlier in the week about not getting chicken pox vaccine till 18months. For some reason I thought he had it at 12months, that's why I was so confused as whether he really had it and thought it was just a mild case. It wasn't until I spoke to Kym this morning and she enlightened me of my stupidity. Poor little Monkey has the same thing as Tobi, spots, cold and all.
    - Tobi hates getting his face wiped too. Tried doing it different ways, but no, just not interested and definitely hates getting his nose wiped too.

Jayne - I am not that worried about Tobi's development, he is the youngest out of the Feb babies after all (expect Erin, but she is really a March baby, just snuck into our group). I am sure we all wonder at times how our babies are going compared to others, even though we shouldn't compare. As long as he knows where his belly button and nose are before he hits kindy and doesn't get teased, then that is good with me. He talks all the time, babble more than talking. He probably says about 20 words.
    - What was the reason you are putting Jess into day care again? So you can spend some quality time with Claudia?

Lisa - I am sorry to hear about your bad day. It is amazing how easily something can happen hey. Tobi has a shower with me every night and we both sit on the bottom and when Daddy is home too, we all have a family shower.
    - Tobi has those drink bottles too and stuck his finger in them so they leak now. Maybe we should complain to the company and get a bunch sent out to us for free.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast