Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #12

pegasus Guest

Smile i'm back

hi girls, i'm back but with a whole new identity so my ex doesn't track me through my posts on bb AGAIN. you may have an inkling as to who i am but i really need to remain anonymous.

my blonde, blue-eyed dd is almost 16 months now, she's preferring not to walk and has six teeth.

she stood up today, leaning back on a wall with no hands.... but then crawled to me. she's so stubborn.

anyway hope to chat soon!

welcome back??? we missed you?? so is everything ok??
    how much are we allowed to say?? i want to ask heaps and heaps....
    have you got a job??
    ur thingy says you are in sydney.... i am hoping that means that you dd is getting to see a bit of daddy?
    are you happy?
    what about talking?? is your little girl saying many words yet??

Hi Girls,

Just came back from a friends house who organised a morning tea for the Worlds bigget morning tea for cancer. Most of us donated at least $10.00 so will be well over $200 raised.

KEL - Personally I think the stubby holder would be enough you don't want to make it to hard for yourselves. Everyone at ours loved them. One thing we did do was get the money I think it was $20.00 which covered food, venue hire, stubby holders up front. They just paid it into my bank account or dropped it to me or one of the other 2 girls. Hope the Doc can sort out the turn of AF. I too was worried abour Ryn haven't been on for ages nor Kirsten.

JAYNE - Glad that Jessica's day care went so well. Would have been nice for you to have some one on one time with Miss Claudia as well. Was talking a litte today to my friend about tupperware. Was thinking it might be a bit too much to take on before bub 2. Have to have a think about it.

TASH - It certainly seems the babies are doing similar things. Erin's favourite now is just throwing her food off her highchair, and she has started doing the real winge. Especially when I take the TV remote from her.

LISA - Erin had one of those not eating anything days yesterday, I am sure she reads BB when I am not around!

Well girls going to tackle my massive Ironing and folding load as Hubby will need his police uniform for tomorrow!

Hi everyone.
    DH had a day off work today so of course Harrison ate everything he was given brat! lol

Welcome back Peg! Your princess sounds just gorgeous... great to have you both back... I hope everything is ok.

Just a quick one from me for the moment... I will try to get back on later and do personals.
    I failed miserably at my diet yesterday... I ended up with a headache, sinus probs, a temperature and a sore throat... so I had some difflams (not allowed on Cohens) and some nurofen (I think it's not allowed too... only panadol? not sure) and didn't eat my dinner... so it was technically a deviating day which will show up in my 4 week bloods... so I am back to square 1 today. I feel much better today... I think I needed to have a good sleep... I went to sleep watching Big Brother so I must have been very sick and tired.
    I slept right through everything this morning which is why DH stayed home from work... I was so tired... he knew I was sick so he let me sleep in... he rang work and told them he needed to be here for the kids, he organised the kids for me, and made me a cohens breakfast in bed... the big sweetheart! After a full day of relaxing I am feeling so much better!
    I'm off to make dinner now

Lisa - Oh Darl, I feel so bad for you and you didn't even pig out. When you said you had a headache I was expecting you to say that you had a cheeseburger and chocolate, as that is what I do when I have a migraine (for some reason makes me feel heaps better!!). I hope it wont have affected your bloods too much and you still have lots of success this week. Fingers crossed for you.

Peg - Welcome back. How you are DD are well and happy. Fill us in on everything when and if you can.

We went to Tobi's best friend's place today. First time the boys have seen each other in 6weeks. It was so good to see them playing more and walking together now. Anyway, better go and bath Mr Stinky Bum.
    Hope everyone else is well and happy
    Take Care
    Tash

kristy - i have been very close to be recruited twice with tupperware
    if you are going to do it beleive it or not it would be easier BEFORE bub two to get started, you have to work a couple of parties pretty much straight away to pay off your kit and get some leads and there is some training too, so the sooner you get it out of the way the better, i can not imagine juggling two babies and starting up
    i am seriously considering considering it too.... have asked my friend for her tupperware dudes number, he seemed cool only problem is he is is the otherside of town, i just dont feel like the ones on this side of town..... anyhow will wait and see if i get this job i have second interview for on thursday. if not there is another job i want but the recruitement agency it is through is crap, i have had heaps of trouble with them.... anyhow will wait and see

PEG _ Welcome back, DD sounds just devine! Can't wait to hear more!

LISA _ You poor darl. I wsa thinking of you all day yesterday wondering how you were going & you were going crap! I'm so sorry, today you are back on the wagon & everything will be great! I'm cheeing you on all the way!

TASH _ I love it when my kids have 'special' friends. Doesn't the level of play increase volumes now that they are walking?

KRISTY _ IF you do start tupperware, I'll have a party for you no problems to begin your business. So keep me in mind. Might give you some sanity when Bub 2 comes along? Some 'you' time??

pegasus Guest

DD can say 3 proper words: hi, hello and baby. Everything else is mumbo jumbo. A LOT of mumbo jumbo. She inherited her mother's talkative bubbly nature. She's such a happy girl.

I'm well. Today i had my bottom right wisdom tooth out. I was supposed to have all four out in January but couldn't arrange child care for DD. My dentist said its better to leave them until they become a problem rather than bothersome. He said the 4 months brought the tooth up away from the nerve tube, making it one of the easiest wisdom tooth extractions he's done. Its sore but a heck of a lot better than I expected. I'm on nurofen plus and antibiotics to prevent infection in the site. Oh and I kept my tooth. Perhaps the tooth fairy will come...

I'm still in emergency housing. Out of the refuges and in a share house for up to 18 months, technically its classed as a refuge. But its good. I share with one lady and her two boys. The boys share a room, DD has her own room, and me and my housemate have our own rooms. Its an ordinary house, bathroom, kitchen, laundry, rumpus room. Nice. Gets very cold in my room. Soon I'll have to get a heater. My electric blanket keeps my bed warm, and I wear a jumper in my room to keep warm. The rest of the house is warmer, not warm but not as dang cold as my room.

I'm happy with my own tv and dvd player, so that keeps me going. And just recently I got a laptop so now I can use the internet. I'm with unwired. Cost me $190 to get going, and $50 a month. Could have cost me less, but I didn't want a contract. Oh I'm so glad to have internet again. I can look stuff up, do emails, have msn, use BB again and do banking. Nice.

Now tell me briefly what you all and your kids and families have been up to. I've missed you all.

Love to you all,
    Pegasus.

no way jayney you have to have party for ME if i start up!! i will come over and do a party for you no prob and kristy can have the party bookings as that probably wouldnt work me coming over to do parties all the time heheheheheh have just emailed my friends tupperware dude and told him i could be interested, i mean honestly it is not like i am doing anything else eheheheheheheheehehe

got tests back from doc and they suck - stress, anxiety could be causing low estrogen and other hormony things needed to make babies however it is more likely that it is a overactive thyroid which USUALLY results in rapid weight loss heheheheh i was not "lucky" enough to get that symptom anyways i have to have more blood tests in 2 weeks to check thyroid thing and that would suck if that is what i got
    coz - i cant get pregnant if on the meds to treat it and if i didnt take the meds a preganancy with a overactive thryroid would be difficult
    so that sucks
    but not getting ahead of myself - got to wait the two weeks and then see what the tests say
    if it is not overactive thyroid it is a stress/depression thing which i dont want to think about

Hi Lovely Ladies,

PEG - Hi hon, welcome back!! Glad to hear things are going well for you now hun and that your getting back on your feet. Know that we are all here for a chat whenever you need.

JAYNE - Thanks heaps for that offer hon that would be great. My friend has sent all the info in the post today and am going to go to an info night next Wednesday to find out some more. I'm thinking what the heck give it a go, worst case I end up with some more tupperware!. Don't even think I would need a starter kit I have so many things!!!I am so excited to get together with you, I talk about all you girl heaps and Dh is always asking if they are cyber or real friends, I can then say your both!!!!Feels like I have known you for ages!!!

KEL - That is really good advice about tupperware getting started before bub arrives as it would be alot easier leaving 1 then 2 especially breastfeeding! Would be great if we both did it we could swap ideas and things. Hope the tests come back with some results for you hun must be very frustrating. Any news on the job interviews?

Well its raining cats and dogs here today, I have a yummy red wine casserole cooking in the slow cooker so dinner is all sorted. Has anyone tried the Mccrmicks Slow cooker sachets they are divine!!Must start using it more now winter is coming. It is so nice coming home to all the yummy smells and dinner cooked!!

pegasus Guest

My mum used to always get the hungarian goulash recipe base. It is so yummy. Put beef cubes, onions, capsicum in a frypan, brown and put in a pyrex or casserole dish. Put peeled cubed potatoes, pumpkin, carrots and/or sweet potato in with the meat, as well as sliced or quartered mushrooms and some peas and corn. Prepare the recipe base and mix. Bake for at least one hour at about 180*C until veg has softened. Serve with fresh buttered crusty bread. Yummo! Now if DD would eat it, I'd make it heaps. It can all be prepared about a day in advance before cooking the meat.

Thanks for welcoming me back everyone. Now if my jaw would stop aching, I'd be happy. Its not too bad though.

KRISTY _ YEP! We are definitely going to be REAL LIFE friends! That's for sure! I can't wait to meet you too, it's just rotten it's taken so long. You go off & get yourself knocked up & I'm either at swimming lessons or gymnastics or some other activity nearly every day! LOL. I say if you're really wanting to give Tupperware a go, do it. Just remember though that you might need to be away at night times, can your DH manage getting two bubbas off to bed? You will have to be good at expressing right from the word go, if you are planning on BF'ing. But I think it'd be great. You would get out & have some fun while making some $$, DH will have some time alone with the GIRLS (lol), & the GIRLS will have their daddy to themselves sometimes. I think it's going to be awesome & YES I will have a party for you. I'll have it during the day if you want so then you can bring Erin along??

KEL _ So you planning on personally delivering the the tupperware order as well? LOL. I think you'd be good at Tupperware. You can coordinate it around daycare if you book the parties a few weeks in advance & that the daycare that Jem goes to is flexible enough. Listen to you all, Tupperware Freaks!!!

TASH _ How is your weight loss going honey? I have been thinking of you! How is Tobi? How long until DH is home?

PEGASUS _ Have you got a slow cooker? That is mint for making stuff like that. I make really nice beef stroganoff in it.

ME _ Claudy had swimming lessons today. She is soooooooo lazy in the water. SHe loves the water, but not the kicking legs part. Jess & I made binoculars this afternoon in her craft box. They look spectacular!!! LOL We have just been to the park on our bikes before the weather comes in. It's looking really nasty outside! Alan is home on Saturday. Guess I will have to shave my legs & look respectable! LOL.

Love Jayne xox

hugest decision of life at the moment to make
    do i take cushy laidback order picking job where i get to wear jeans and be home by 3 on thurs and lunchtime friday
    or do i take (if offered) run off my feet 3 days a week home at 4.30pm job more money more responsibility and definately more stress
    i am so serious about the tupperware thing too! the tupperware dude is coming to my house tomorrow!!!
    and jayney i am SERIOUS about doing a party for you!!! the delivery i had not thought of but leave that bit with me too.....
    i am dead serious about coming and visiting you when alan goes away again it will be a weekend and home by tuesday night so that i can take jem to swimming on wednesday - which by the way is the OTHER advantage of getting order picking job i am home on wednesday to take jem to swimming and have pub lunch so my life would be:
    Monday - bodypump at gym with my friend amanda
    Tuesday - mothers group if i want, and another friend is mentioning regular playdate on a tuesday or nothing on a tuesday if i dont want just hang with my baby girl
    Wednesday - swimming lessons and pub lunch
    Thursday - early start pick organic food orders with friendly people no stress finish by 3pm maybe clean some of house or something and go and get girl from daycare
    friday - earlier start but home by lunchtime to get girl and play for afternoon OR have a break in afternoon and go and get her

OR
    Monday gym
    Tuesday - try not to do too much
    wednesday - work til 4.30
    thurs - work til 4.30
    friday work til 4.30
    for engineers doing ALL their admin and invoicing and everything tasks i think about 8 guys and then one day a fortnight looking after the service team for a HUGE electrical transformer business

jayne - i cant STOP jem kicking her legs and splashing at swimming lessons i get heaps wet and so does everyoneelse which is so funny

tonight benji and i bought me a new chest of drawers - it is so nice and it will declutter my bedroom, at the moment i am working on decluttering in an attempt to destress me a little......
    and i bought jem a food set... plastic eggs, sauasages, frypans, saucepans, capsicum etc etc i hope she loves it
    oh and i bought her a beaded necklace a long one like one of her little friends have she loves it heaps whenshe is over so i think she will

am also going to get her a 6v ride on car and a trampolrline with a net around it as her friend has a tramp and she thought it was the COOLEST thing ever! so my 2 days at home with her will be heaps of fun - especially if we get the tramp as i will have a go on that!

tashie - is tobi better yet??? what did he have???

She Who Dies With The Most Tupperware Wins!

Hi Girls,

I did a bit of thinking about tupperware and decided I don't think its for me,It just seems like it would be too hard with hubbys police shifts as often we don't know till 2 weeks before and then he often has to work overtime. Also I think I want to enjoy these last months with Erin before number 2 comes and I am run off my feet. Again as you mentioned too Jayne I will hopefully be able to breastfeed again so don't want to be expressing all the time.

KEL - Come and visit me as well!!!!! Us WA girls could show you a real good time!! Hard decision about the job hon. I think if you are wanting to de stress a bit and do the tupperware maybe the shorter hours may be more suitable. Hard decision though I'm sure you would be a star at either. Yay for the de cluttering. I bought a book about it a few weeks ago. Started doing a drawer or shelf at a time. Though everytime I clean the tupperware out it comes again.

JAYNE - Erin is exactley the same at swimming too busy laughing and splashing around to do anything like kicking. We have water saftey day tomorrow at swimming so she has to wear her pjs over her bathers!!!

Well hubby is on nightshift so quiet night at my place, Erin has learnt to blow kisses now she was at the stairs blowing kisses to Julian as he was off to work. Very cute!!!

it sucks that i NEEED to destress at the moment, coz who knows if and when that kind of nearby job will come up again - still jumping ahead of myself though am hoping (secretly) that i DONT get offered the 3 day a week job so i can take the 2 day a week job.... oh well i should know by today

got to get ready to get mole cut out - i hate needles let along knives.... oh well

kristy - do you have someone that can babysit? if so you just be strict in the days that you offer to do tupperware parties and fit people in around you! that is the beauty of your own business you do it when you want to - get the hectic bit out of the way now.... although lookihng at the fact you are due in OCTOBER is kinda scary - that not THAT long away
    when is erin going into a big girl bed?? or are you going to buy another cot? did erin sleep in a bassinette?

am so ****ed off that it is like i CANT get pregnant now... after 15 months of TRYING.... damn it except i get so anxious and stressed out at the moment randomly i dont think getting pregnant right now would be safe for anyone... ho hum

oh and WHEN i get my butt over to WA it is going to be SO much fun.... jemima and the girls will have a ball

Gee... I can rarely find the time now to post!
    I have been run off my feet doing nothing lol... I have just been doing the usual me type stuff but it has suddenly become so time consuming.
    I'm going well on my diet... been introducing things I haven't had before so that's makes a nice change... this morning I had yogurt with paw paw for breakfast.
    Harry is well... He started to say "birdie" today so that was cute... he also says "Pup, woof woof" which is soooooooo funny... whenever he see's a dog, or a pic of a dog or one on TV, he does his little woof woof bark at them and then cracks up laughing! It's the cutest thing!

Ok... Someone has gotta do tupperware... I will definitely order some... my friend used to sell it, and she would hold a party and then ask me if there was anything I wanted to buy, which sometimes helped the host out with getting extra stuff which is always a good thing.
    Kel - If I were you, I'd probably take the less stressful job... especially if the non return of AF is due to stress... but then again, I don't know how you take stress... I have a fairly high tolerance to stress and can actually find stressful jobs to be the best thing for me (except when pregnant of course)
    Jayne - Thanks for your PM hun... sorry I haven't replied yet... I will PM you soon though I hope Jess and Claudia are both doing fantastic
    Kristy - Ohhhh Erin is sooooooo cute!!! I would love for Harry to blow kisses... he does this funny little lip-smacking thing which both Rob and I reckon is him blowing kisses I bet your DH was so happy to get the beautiful kisses before work. Also, thanks for the McCormick recommendations... I will have to try some for my family... I am addicted to slow cooking, especially whilst on my diet... it makes life so much easier!
    Peg - I hope your jaw is feeling better hun... my poor brother got his bottom wisdom teeth removed a few weeks ago, and he was away visiting my Mum when he got them removed... he showed me the pics and his jaw was JUGE! Ouchy. I hope princess flutterby is well... big hugs to her
    Tash - I hope Tobi had a good time with his little buddy the other day and that he is feeling much better now

Ok... off to take the kdis to school now
    Last edited by Lisa; May 30th, 2008 at 09:23 AM.

pegasus Guest

Kristy
    Gee I'm sorry. I forgot to congratulate you on your pregnancy. I've read the last 2 pages and it didn't click to me until now that I didn't say anything. Congrats darl, and good luck. Did you get a new pram? I personally think the Phil&Teds are great. Side by side or front and back are so awkward to do shopping etc. And if you only have number 2 and Erin is at home or being minded by someone, you can unclip the second seat to make it easier. Although it does cost a bit. My friend is due in about 8 weeks, and her P&T cost about $700. Yeeeesh but its worth it. My friend doesn't drive so it would be much easier for her if she takes a train or bus. Good luck. I'm sure you've already talked to your DH about cots and prams and carseats etc so ignore me if necessary lol. Congrats again.

Kel
    I'm sorry that you are having a hard time TTC. Perhaps you could take something herbal. Blackmores make "Conceive Well" and my friend mentioned that there's one for the man to take. Have you tried remedial massage or acupuncture? I've heard that acupuncture can really help to conceive. Maybe its better to not focus on TTC but focus on de-stressing and TTC will be easier if you focus on you rather than getting pregnant. I really hope I don't sound callous, I guess I don't really know what you are going through. I've never experienced it myself. I hope that it will work out soon.

Lisa
    Yeah my jaw is feeling much better. The Panafen (ibuprofen/codeine) is really helping. It doesn't hurt that much but after a while the ache can get pretty bad. Last night it was hurting a lot, but some painkillers and an icepack sorted it so I could get to sleep.

No I don't have a slow cooker, but that's ok. I don't make many casseroles anyway. I find a casserole dish is quite versatile. I can use it to make self-saucing puddings, casseroles, potato or pasta bakes, whereas a slow cooker can make soups and stews. Plus I'm on a tighter budget than most of you.

My income including child support is under $900 a fortnight. So rent $220/fn, I donate to the UN refugee fund $30 a month, $49 for phone a month, $50 for internet a month, $150 goes into savings a fortnight, $10 goes into DD's savings weekly, $40 a week to my mum (she's on a much smaller pension than me and I can afford to spare some), $7.50 a week for train tickets to get DD from her father and food, which I get things periodically rather than same time each week. Some things last longer, some things I need to get often, you know how it is.

Altogether I get $1988 a month, and my expenses total $1059 before buying food. So that leaves $929 for food and anything else. Like clothes or books or entertainment or takeaway or whatever. Estimate $80 a week for food, leaving $609 a month to do whatever. Hmm, I'm good at budgeting. So maybe I can afford to buy appliances or maybe even Tupperware! But I'm trying to be thrifty because within 3-18 months I'll need furniture and all sorts for my new house (when I get one, I'm on several waiting lists). I have a kettle, toaster etc for the kitchen, but there's a lot more I need. DD's going to be going into size 2 in 3 months or less, so I'll have to buy spring clothes for her

Plus I do owe myself about $2000 into my savings, I borrowed when my funds got low. And I borrowed another $500 from my savings Dad is holding for me. Buying a laptop, a tv, a dvd player, and many other things, over time adds up lol. But I've never been in debt and I never allow myself to get anywhere near running out of money.

I'm so glad that I don't have a car. That would make me very broke! I don't know how you all manage. I guess your monthly incomes are more than mine, yet mortgage payments or mainstream rents do take up a big chunk of your incomes. I'm so proud of myself that my father brought me up to budget well. My ex was a bit controlling with finances. He'd make me and himself account for every dollar on a spreadsheet. And we'd split the outgoing costs 50/50 yet he never took into account that he earnt more than me. So I'd end up paying more percentage of my income than him. Not fair. I don't have to deal with him anymore.

I hope you are all well, and please feel free to add me to msn if you'd like to chat. I usually use my other email account. If you still have my old contact info from my other BB account, add me. I'll download trillian so I can use both accounts at once.

Sorry for the LOOOOONG post lol, enjoy your day!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast