Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #13

Yep, Lisa's right, you can post links to personal blogs, websites or facebook. You can also have those links in your signature as well.

Hi just thought i would pop in and say hi! maybe join you guys.

It seems a long time since anyone has posted here.

Isaac was born 28th feb 07 and we also have twins caleb and sebastian they are now 6 1/2 months old.

hope to chat to someone here soon....
    Last edited by meyou&them; January 21st, 2009 at 12:06 AM.

Hi Kristy and welcome. Good to have a new friend!

I'm Ryn/Rosehip, my son is Liebling and he's nearly 2! That's quite exciting. He's currently deciding if he wants to potty train or not, some days he does and some days he doesn't. I'm studying Chemistry at Uni for six months ready to start teacher training in September. And I'm in the UK so our school holidays are a bit different LOL.

Hope to chat more soon.

Hello Kristy welcome!

I'm Sally, mum to Brendan born 25 Feb, although he was 10 weeks early too

Ryn, good to see to around How have you been?

Well a mini update on Brendan...

As of a few days ago (16th) he is now sleeping full-time in a toddler bed!! The best thing is it is without fuss! He sleeps the same length of time, I have no trouble putting him down at all. He is much happier in the morning because obviously he can get out himself
    He now weighs 10.88kg (just above the 3rd %ile line) and is 85cms tall (just above the 25th %ile line) his HC is 48cms (which puts in midway between 25th and 50th %ile) He's really healthy and his eating is getting so much better, although he gets very tired when eating. Brendan is seeing the Speech Pathologist fortnightly and only has 3 words, which are not used in everyday communication. He can understand 2 simple instructions "Pick it up" and "put it in the bin". We are also seeing an OT. Brendan will hopefully get a hearing test done soon and in May (at 2years corrected) he has an assessment through the State Child Development Centre.

Brendan's birthday party is all organised except for the cake... still undecided whether I do my own and decorate or if I buy one....

I am 14w6d pregnant with "bubble" which will be baby number 2, providing things go to plan.

I think that's us in a nutshell!

Hi Ryn , hey sally!! nice to see you.

sally congratulations on your pregnancy, do you think you will find out the sex?
    we started to try for number 2 asap after ikes birth. it took a couple of months but we got 2 & 3 together so i was pritty stoked with that, my twins were 6 weeks early.
    and thats great about the toddler bed. we want to try and keep ike in his cot as long as we can. it can turn into a bed but i don't trust him not to roam around the house while we are asleep. i'm hoping at least till he is 2.5 almost 3. i hope.

Isaac is about 13kg and a med height with big feet (size 7-7.5) he still wears a size 1 pants but a 2 or 3 in tops.
    he goes to day care once a week and hopefully the twins will start in july so i can go play golf. hehe it will be my day off. he loves it recently his best little mate started too so he is having extra fun.
    he eats well, loves spicy food, fruit and veg but most of all freddo frogs. which we only have every couple of days.
    He can throw such huge temper tanties and at the moment my DH and i are trying to work out what to do, nothing is working. we did naughty chair, puting him in his room, smacking, talking to him (tho i might as well be talking to a brick wall he is just too young) he is very bright and is way to stubbern for a 2 year old and can be sneeky too, sometimes he drives me bonkers. any ideas i would love to hear them.

Ryn hope your toilet training goes ok. Isaac has no clue at all.loves to sit on the loo on a kiddy seat but he still has no idea. i think i'll just let him sit there and when he eventually goes i'll just make a big fuss so he feels good and wants to go again. we use cloth at home so i know he feels wet and most of the time comes and asks 4 a change.

oh too - we decided on an icecream cake from wendys for ikes birthday. and i will also decorate a normal cake with a jam and cream filling with a wiggles pic on top for whoever doesn't like icecream cake. i'll buy pree made spunge to save time.
    we will do saussages and minni steaks on rolls and saladand mini pies etc and sandwidges for the kids and all the lollies they can eat too. keeping it simple.

well babies calling gotta run.

take care

Kristy, congratulations on your twins! How are they doing now?
    Id like to decorate a cake to be a treasure chest as we are having pirate themed

Brendan is still a skinny minny, wears size 0 tops and bottoms. Can fit into size one tops. but no way for the bottoms, size 0 only just stays up with a cloth nappy

I havent any suggestions for tantrums, Brendan doesnt understand right from wrong, so we still have to divert him and move him from where he's not meant to be.

Ooooh, chocolate and ice-cream. Liebling can't have either due to allergies. He's pretty good with it; my mother makes a big song and dance that he misses out, but he just gives chocolate away because he doesn't eat it.

Liebs is only 81cm tall; he's well short! He is still in his 9-12m old trousers... that's right, the first toddler to out-wear his clothes rather than out-grow them. I'm very worried as he has only grown 1" in 6m.

As for tantrums, I'm hard. If they are my fault then it's cuddles and talking through them, giving DS the words to deal with what's going on and how he is feeling and how we'll make it OK. If it's because he wants XYZ and I've said no (and explained why with cuddles and love), then he ignores the distraction, fine. I tell him he can pick when he wants to re-join civilised society and play with me. Because I'm not joining in with a tantrum. He very rarely tantrums now.

Toilet training... is just letting Liebling decide when he wants to go. He's still in nappies. He can go to the potty or the loo if he wants, or in his nappy. Very low stress! He prefers the nappy atm, but likes the thought that he can do big boy wees too. I'm sure he'll want more potty soon, but no pressure. We're going to convert cot to bed soon; he's outgrown my mum's cot so will need to be in a bed for Easter, I want him used to it before that. And he's better at sleeping now so it shouldn't be an issue, I can just sit on his bed and read him to sleep! He loves that.

As for cakes, I'm making DS a cake for Nursery for his birthday, then we're spending the next week together and making loads of cakes for his birthday party the next weekend. DH is doing a big chocolate ginger cake train, which DS can't eat. But I'll decorate his Nursery cake with a train too - if I can!

How am I? Still not right, but I may know more next month next time I see the doctor. I've not been too ill this month, but had a really bad December. How are you doing, Sally? I don't "see" you around so much!

I cant believe our babies are two

Where has the time gone?

How is everyone?

I know its scary "2 years old"
    We are having a Wiggles theme party on the 1st march. it will be fun.

everything else is going well, he chatters alot and is a real outdoor lovin kid.

Oh wow, wiggles theme! We are doing pirate themed on the 28th. Everything is planned, just gotta make the cake!

Brendan still isnt talking, make lots of noise but no real words or anything yet. We are still seeing the Speech Pathologist and the Occupational Therapist.

Parties for two year olds? Wow. I must confess, I don't do much for birthdays, just family round to visit. And it's only so organised because my family lives so far away so I like it all on the one weekend day. Liebling didn't even get presents or cards on the day, we waited for the weekend!

Having said that, I don't do anything for my birthday or DH's birthday either: in fact, the "party" for DS is also for me. It's good having birthdays close together!

It must be so hard not having a talking babies! DS has over 200 words now (Nursery asked me to do a word list because he doesn't talk much there), decent length sentences and babbles away in English and Liebling-ese during play. But he's still short, not sleeping too well, waaaaay too much into trains - and now is asking me to play duplo. And hitting me with it so no play for now! Best be off though.

How's everyone else doing?

WOW 200 words!

I wouldnt exactly call what we are doing a party. Brendan will be the only child and we are only having family over. We aren't doing any games, just playing with brendan and chatting really. Only doing the pirate thing for the pics. lol

I'm doing well, slowly getting there. 18 weeks pregnant now.

Hi everyone! My DD recently turned two. We had a small party, no theme, just kids and friends over.

I wish I could understand most of her babble, but she says new words everyday!

Hello Echidna I've seen you in one of my other threads.... but cant quite remember which one, lol.
    Congrats on your DD's second birthday!! They grow up far too quick.

Thanks Sally! Yes, I'm new but I get around here. I don't get to go on every day, mostly because my timeing is bad as the site has server problems I've seen.

Yes, I'm hoping they will be fixed shortly I found which thread it was too, the young mums one!!

Just wanted to share my great news.

Brendan got weighed this morning and has cracked 11kg!! All I wanted from him before his birthday was for him to be 11kg, and today he weihed in at 11.10kg !! He's also 86cms tall!!

Yay Brendan! Liebling weighs the same, I had him done last night. Liebs is only 81.5cm tall though... but that's standing up and half a cm taller than last month, which was lying down. So that's good, right?

Liebling passed his 2-year-old test with flying colours: in fact, the health visitor was asking questions that most five year olds can't do because he was doing so well! He's so clever. Now all he needs to do is sleep for me and we'll all be happy. I promised him that if he slept through for two weeks non-stop I'd write into the TV and get them to give him a "milkshake thumbs up" before Thomas the Tank comes on. See if bribery works because I'm knackered right now LOL.

Birthday party went well, Liebling loved balloons, tooters and bubbles (provided by my mum and sister... I'm so slack!) and had a jolly old time. We even have a bit of cake left over, even after donating a load to SiL!

How's everyone else getting on?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast