Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #13

pegasus Guest

I'll tell you a shocker:

I am not buying anything at the Toy Sales. DD doesn't need anything really, she's got plenty of toys at both houses. And I don't have the money to splash around pre-buying Christmas presents. Its only July anyway.

I forgot to go to the last mothers group this monday just been, whoops oh well. I'll go when next term starts, after the holidays.

I'm hoping to lose weight too. Not for TTC though! Need to get a man first lol. I'm 72kg now, I actually think I lost a couple of kilos recently. So on my way there! I'm trying to stop the comfort eating when I'm down. And I'm trying to use skim milk where I can, so that's a start. I'm aware of what I eat, but I choose to eat what I want. So I will eat that chocolate bar, but I know I'm doing it, and try to eat better for the rest of the day. Thinking I should find a gym with childcare.

I emailed you Kel about a Tupperware catalogue. If I do want to order anything, put it in with the Jayne's party orders etc. If I'm going to buy anything, I want whoever is sorting the lot out to gain something. Hang on, how will it get to me? In the post? I just returned a set of containers to Kmart, because 4 lids were missing, and went to the shelf and found one of the same, and opened it and counted it all, and one lid missing, so being naughty, I took it out of another box. Why not? Why should I buy products with pieces missing. Just needed containers for leftovers, open packets etc. I'll buy Tupperware things that aren't just containers.

Things are going well with the one guy I met on the site. We chat just about daily. His msn has been giving him hell, keeps logging him out. But we persist to chat. We're both taking it very slowly, talking online. We'll meet one day in the future. I'm feeling worried and guilty about this, because I really want to move back to Brisbane, and I guess if things go well, I'll move away. So I'm conflicted. Do I tell him of my intentions to move at the end of the year? Or see how things go? I really don't know.

The number plate thing is great!!! I would love to get plates, but I don't even drive, and unless I'm out of Sydney, probably won't for a very long time.

Hugs and kisses to everyone! xoxo

Kel - I'm trying to get a huge, round, netted trampoline for the kids. Harrison loves jumping, so I figure he will love a trampoline... especially one he can get on with his daddy.
    Peg - Good luck with the net guy... I would tell him your intentions, because thats what they are, intentions... it is not like you're thinking about going up there, or considering it, you are intending to do it so I would let him know... it might be fine with him because he might not be after something too full on and will perhaps enjoy hanging out with you until you move.

It is freezing here tonight... we're having to go easy on our heating after getting a humongous power bill ($600+) I am the power nazi in the house... I go around turning off lights and making sure we don't use too much unnecessary power, and DH is the one constantly turning the heating on... when we got the bill he was shocked, and it was kinda a "I told you so..." moment.
    Anyone got plans for the weekend? I am thinking about taking the kids on a picnic to the botanical gardens here... if the weather permits and it is not too sunny for Maddy with her pox.

big w had the cheapest tramp so far that i have found 13foot with net for i think 348 dollars alot but will last her and benji and the dogs foreva
    woohoo i will go and check my tupperchick email address!
    electricity sucks that you have to pay for it! a galah got fried by our powerlines yesterday - really strange things happened coz of it with the computer

had bad afternoon - daycare said that jemima is behind in lots of things - so that is just great.

I think that's very rude of daycare....As we all know, they all do things at diff times.... maybe they forget how young she is, cos isn't she quite tall???

I'm not sure how much they are (probably prohibitive!) but I've heard the "SpringFree" tramps are the best - but usually the "best" comes with lots of $$$$ next to it! Might be worth checking out their website.... I think we'll wait a while for big items like that.

I am really unsure what to get Monkey for Xmas, so am not really hitting the sales too hard. Went to Kmart today though to return something while she was at the outlaws for the day and had a bit of a look..... got a 1st b'day pres for a friend (not till Oct, but proud of myself for being organised, very unlike me!) and found a cool little trike for Monkey - totally not fancy, kinda old school like we would have had - no parent handles or safety harnesses etc.... but I figure she can trash it around the yard - only $30! Think we will keep it as part of chrissy presents....

I love Jem's plates - such a cool idea! I have personal plates too - but I got them back before there was an annual fee, so mine cost me about $350 sev yrs ago, but not ongoing. I'm not particuarly attached to them now though, as they have my maiden name in them....

Kel, I might order some tupperware from you/Jayne - Jayne, you're going to kick it in the freebee stakes!!! Could you pls send me cat and can you include the July or Aug preview too pls - I like to check out the specials! (I'll email you with my add when I get my butt in gear)

Monkey is better now, just some odd virus - she ended up with a weird rash too, but none of the usual suspects. But now I'm sick - don't think its her virus, cos I've lost my voice, think I got it from work.

I'm rambling..... hugs to you all

Kym - Thank you sooooooooooo much for the springfree trampoline suggestion! That is EXACTLY the type of trampoline we've been looking for!!!
    My DH and I want something that is going to last the kids for a while... we did have a regular old trampoline, but it was too dangerous, even with the cover thingys over the springs. The older kids really miss their trampoline. This one is ideal!!! Putting it on the Xmas list right now! Thanks again

Geepers girls, you don't chat for ages & then when I toddle off to work for a week you girls chat it up in here! Are you guys all trying to tell me something? LOL

KEL _ Got the tupperware catalogues, thanks heaps, but you forgot to send me some order forms, so can you please do that? I have given some catalogues out already. Yep, got your new itinerary, but haven't looked at it yet. Will do that later. Also, how freaking rude of childcare!! What type of things did they tell you she was behind in? I'm curious to know. I have actually just requested that my childcare assess jessica socially because she is quite behind in that. Like things like lining up, she has no concept of & also when something isn't going her way or somebody is being mean to her I have been teaching her to put her hand up & say 'stop I don't like it' & apparently I am a superstar because that is what they teach them in daycare. Usually jess will either burst into tears or she will scream at the other child. So she goes to extremes. They said they will observe & tell me what they think. I know that she is soooooooo NOT behind in the mental stuff, but the social stuff I am sure that she is.

LISA _ I too am hunting for a trampoline. But being that we have competitive neighours who have EVERYTHING better than us, I am looking for the biggest, hugest, most ginormous trampolines that there are. I have noticed however, that the trampolines with the nets around them, the ones that are the best are when the net is on the inside of the poles, so that the kids can't land on the springs, even though there are mats & also, the nets should only attach at the bottom & the top of the poles, apparently when they are attached halfway, it pulls on the padding & ends up wearing it completely off the poles & then you have bare metal poles. So I am really looking into this trampoline. I had the 16' Big W lined up, the biggest that was around town, but now with the nets attaching in the middle of the poles as well I have to re-think. Oh & I hope Maddy is going ok with the pox.

PEG _ Look at you, you're a little internet babe! i love it! This is going ot be exciting to hear how your dates unfold! I can't wait to hear all about it. It's like real life desperate housewives! LOL. Oh wow, you don't have your licence or you just don't have a car? That is cool you can get around so many places on the bus, train, etc...

KRISTY _ Oh bugger, the 17 July would have been absolultey mint, cos I won't be working, but I will be at South Perth hospy with Claudy getting her grommets put in. How about, the following Thursday? that must be like the 24th?

KYM _ My sister has had this horrid virus where her throat has been infected. she has been calling me up in tears because she just can't get a handle on the pain. Turns out she had pharangitis or something. Not laringitis. Whatever that is, but she got the AB's & has done the repeat course but it's still giving her trouble. I hope you aren't getting that!

ME _ Went into Kmart today & **** I wanted to cry! In the end, Jess was crying & Claudy was crying & I was nearly crying. People were so f&cking rude & it was like they were fighting for their lives! It was just horrible. I ended up getting a pile of dolls. My kids have these dolls & all their little friends who visit love them so I got a whole pile of them as most of my kids friends have birthday & Christmas in the space of 3 months. I also got my mum to get from BIG W this baby nursery centre thingy for Claudy. It has a bath, bed, swing & highchair all in the same unit as well as coat hangers & pretend powders, soap lotions etc... Claudy will just love it because she is 'Bubba' mad! So I am still trampoline hunting. WOrk is just awesome. I am just loving the adult time & the kids are loving being with different people. THey have already asked me if they can get me back on a permanent basis, but I am not sure yet. I told them I'd have to think about it. Alan says go for it.

Ok, I have to go, it's late & I have to work tomorrow!!

Love Jayne xox

Hi Girls,

Just got home from my Crisis Care shift so thought I would drop a quick line before bed.

I bought Erin one of those little Tikes red and yellow cars from the sale as she is always playing with them at friends house. Like you Jayne I have about 7 birthdays coming up so I bought some presents for those.

JAYNE - The 24th would be great hon, lets lock it in Eddy!!!!
    KEL -Will send you my address hon so you can send me the catalogues so I can look through them properly before meeting up with Jayne. What the ???? with the daycare saying that about Jem, what a load of crap.
    PEG - Yay hope intrenet guy is a good one for you.
    KYM - Hope the virus isn;t anything serious hon.
    LISA - Trampoline what fun, always wanted one as a kid. Botanical gardens sound lovely.

Oh well, this one needs some Beauty sleep. Have just started getting a little pain in my back feels like a pinched nerve. Next week I have my Glucose Tolerance test, I can;t beleive I am 26 weeks already!!! Starting to get really excited. My friend who lost her baby foudn out she has a hereditary blood clotting disorder that she never knew about as she was adopted . She did a day trip there and back to Bali and they think a blood clot might have stopped the oxygen to the baby. At least now they know if she trys again they can monitor it and give her medication to stop it happening. They said she was really lucky to have her 2 boys without it happening. So at least 1 comfort for her is he knows what happened.

holy crap the springfree ones look cool but DONT look at the prices! Springfree? Trampoline - The world's safest trampoline. Sold worldwide and throughout Australia | Products
    good tip on the poles, my friend has one and i hadnt even noticed the net was on the inside but i want that too coz jem loves walking from one side to the other and falling down she thinks it is hilarious

daycare - they are not cruel or sucky, she was just trying to 'help' and i did ask..... i asked "is jemima a little behind in her talking" i asked this because ALL of her little friends have a lot more words than jemima has - i am just being real - i dont think she is dumb and figure she has other skills - but i have definately noticed she is not picking up any new words - i was hoping/thinking that she was just saving them til she had a sentence or two and would come out with that
    but daycare girl said she had noticed that jemima was behind in lots of things and her example was (which benji and i tested to be false before jem went to bed) was that the SOME other kids the same age could bend over pick up a ball and throw it really far, whereas jem picks up the ball and just drops it.... hmmm, benji and i got her to throw it a couple of times last night and i have the worst throwing and coordination skills so she may have inherited from me or just would rather drop it than throw it??
    anyway i realised that with the things going on with me the last couple of months i have only just really started to 'notice' jemima's development or lack of so bootcamp time baby!!!! anyways she has been at daycare 3 days a week min for ages now so what the fu*C)(#k have they been doing if it has not been getting her to throw a freakin ball! she can say ball i think, and bath and straight after we walked out of daycare i said there is PopI's car (i was in car accident last week so am boring father in law's fancy smancy car) and she said "car" so i just have to start teaching her the boring stuff andnot the random things that I have been talking to her about, maybe it is time to change from doc phil to ABC who knows
    thanks for the support too

and everyone email me asap so i can get the catalouges to you, i need jayne's orders by 29/30 July so i can figure out how to fit her freebies in my suitcase when i go over there and i will post everyone elses orders to them....... what fun!

We have a compact yard (to use a real estate phrase!) so we're looking to get the capsule one here
    The way I see it is that the kids have already killed 1 regular tramploine, so we would be buying our 2nd one, and that would come close to the amount that we're gonna spend on the new one... well, that's my speil to DH anyway... he agreed with me lol
    I didn't go to the Kmart Sales yesterday... I drove past, saw people FREAKING OUT everywhere and decided that it was too scary for me! lol. I am gonna go there after picking DH up from work today to see what's left and try to get a few things... I really want one of the Heart of Gold Carebears for Jenna... there are 3 Kmart's close by to me so I will check them all out in the hope of getting one. Are they the one's you were looking to get for Jemima Kel? If so, did you get the white or gold one? I wanna get a white one
    Jayne - Thanks for the link hun. I wish we could get a ginormus one but we don't have the room . Glad to hear you had a good time back at work.
    Kristy - OMG! 26 weeks!!! Wow, that really has flown. I keep thinking you're about 16 weeks or so. Glad to hear that your friend got some results back and at least can have some closure there.
    My kids are driving me BONKERS! Harrison is being good as usual... he is sitting by my feet reading a book... he is awesome lol. James and Madeleine have been fighting all day... yippee... this is just the start of the holidays too!

pegasus Guest

Wow, Kel, I guess my DD is slow then! She's not walking, says few words and mostly mumbo jumbo, and generally doesn't do many things that walking tots do. Glad no-one is scrutinising her. I went to the optometrist and got contact lenses again. Nice to not have to worry about glasses. I didn't talk to netguy last night, didn't feel like going online in my other account, and have connection issues on his end. I'll talk to him tonight. I went to JB-HiFi today, and they had a 3 for 2 offer on selected box sets. Awesome! So I was going to put 8 seasons of Charmed on layby. I asked about layby and the girl said they don't do laybys for orders under $500. What the bleep?!!!!! Who the heck buys $499 worth of stuff at once anyway?? My order would have been around $200. I did not have the money, and I've already done a big splurge on dvds a while ago, get the complete set of Stargate SG-1 for $350. I'm going to write an email and complain that they should lower their minimum value to $100. Gotta go pick up DD, her father was nice enough to offer to drop her to my local station. Talk soon!

Thats sucks Peg... I wouldn't want to layby something from there if I knew the min was $500... I'd end up going to Big W or similar.

We just got back from Kmart... it was so much more calm today! lol
    I bought Jenna the white, heart of gold Carebear, Harrison got a huge big teddy bear (he loves teddies), a Cars playtent, a chalkboard/paint board and a few other things that I can't think of right now. I am going back tomorrow to pick up the Wiggles set which had one of those little plastic, ride on car things, and a lawn mower I think it is and a wheel barrow (at least I think that's what it is!)
    These are all toys for Harry now... because we had the other kids with us and didn't wanna lay by or put them away for xmas because we like them all to be surprised at xmas time... no matter who gets the pressies
    Time to start dinner. Byeeeeeeee

ok lets talk tramps again
    i just bought one
    target sale - not until the 24th BUT you can preorder now so i have preordered a 14foot oval one for $399 yippee
    and bought jem the gold carebear (matches her fave tenderheart bear) and am bidding on the white one on ebay the last years one....... oh and a dolls stroller for her to push the carebears around in and a peter rabbit book that makes noises and MYSELF a book!!!!! and i sat at a cafe and had an iced chocolate and a cakey thing - i was amazed at myself for stopping for ten minutes!

ok today i posted kristy, pegasus catalouges and jayney some order forms
    this is the most fun party yet!

am feeling a bit better as today daycare made a special point of telling me they were impressed with how jemima knows all her face body parts and her belly button... they said a heap of kids older than her that are talking dont even know that so that was nice

and also we got home and she threw my shoes around so i definately know she can throw!

pegasus Guest

DD does throw a ball sometimes, and does throw shoes and blocks, so then she CAN throw. Good. Really want her to start walking though, having to carry or push her around places is awkward. I thought about getting this thing called Walking Wings a while ago, and now wish I had. Its a pants type sling with long straps for grownup to hold. So there snug in and walking free, holding onto the straps too, and mum can help keep them up. Thinking about it, but by the time I find it again, she'll be walking.

Looking forward to checking out the tupperware catalogue! Will definitely buy something. I bought 2 new books for DD, oh I'm naughty. She has so many new books. But Dymocks had a tonne on sale, so I got one for $2 and one for $5. Not a bad spend.

Hope the pox is ok Lisa. My mum swore by calamine lotion, and something she put in the bath. Serba-something. Can't remember.

How is everyone else? I see you're all getting into the sales. There is only one thing I might get, a Magna-Doodle. There is a mini one here and DD loves it, so I might get her a big one. We'll see anyway. Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow. Might go out somewhere. Maybe I'll take her to see KungFu Panda.

Peg - I buy way too many books too... I love books and so does all of my kids... Harrison loves to sit down and browse through books.
    Speaking of magnadoodles too, when Maddy was 2, she got her first magndoodle, and that very same day she flushed all the pretty shaped magnets down the toilet. I was bummed because it wasn't cheap ($40ish)
    We've been giving Madeleine oatmeal baths for her pox, that has been used for centuries apparently to sooth the itch of chicken pox... it was the only thing that worked for Jamie and it has been working brilliantly for Maddy. I just put 2 cups of oats into an old stocking and hang it over the tap while the bath is running... then tie it up and let her wash herself with it. I use oat baths for the kids when they have sunburn or any other rashes too.

pegasus Guest

Great idea! Didn't know about that. I'll use that for when DD is all rashy. Mum's stuff was something from the chemist. Must have worked, although she did give me 4 baths a day and covered me in calamine. I had 25 spots to the square inch, covered from head to toe. They were on my scalp, in my ears, my throat was thick and sore (inside), and I even had them on my privates. It was not fun. So after 3 weeks of misery, it was easing. Hoping noone else suffers like that.

Maddy has them everywhere... they're on her tongue, down her throat, on her lips... everywhere!
    I had them bad when I was little... I even had them on the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet and in between my toes
    Jamie got them on his eyelids and he looked like he had been beat up... it was so sad. I had him at the hospital twice because I was so upset and concerned about him. I was told to just keep his temp down which is what I did... but it was still upsetting to see him covered like he was.

pegasus Guest

My mum looked at me with tears in her eyes all the time. But she did all she could. I don't remember temps, but i remember the 4 baths a day and having naps at 11 years old. Mum made me have a nap, her reason, I need rest to make the pox go away. It did help. I didn't feel so awful.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast