Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #2

annef6722 Guest

hey ladies!

lisa: that's great Harrison put on 110g in 6 days. i'd resist formula too. how's james going at high school - still enjoying it? its great having brad home for the school holidays - he's so much help with cam.

jayne: yeah, the mini pill only has an approx 3 hour window - can be a hassle when i want to nap around that time, but so far working ok. yeah i think the DH's should take care of it!! might try and talk my DH into getting a snip. i've stopped wrapping bub, for a few reasons (although maybe i should!). the wraps were getting too small for him (although apparently you can buy bigger wraps?), and he gets out of them all the time, and he seemed alot happier in his big cot.

kelly: i was worried about moving my bub into the nursery, but it turned out easier than i thought. now when he cries, i work him into my dreams, and tell myself i don't need to get up for whatever reason!! when he was next to me i'd jump up as soon as he made any noise.

kirsten: how much does Quinn weigh now? and length? he's gorgeous. i've been meaning to put cam in the shower with his dad - i'll have to show him your photos. check out my two gorgeous boys in the bath, in album 2 http://aflanagan5.photosite.com/
    password cameron.

michelle: your daughters are beautiful! bet brianna is tickled pink with her baby sister. you were saying before about whether to have another baby - i thought i was too old at 39, but i've found i have more energy this time, my body has sprung back into shape (jury is still out on the boobs till BF finished!), and am enjoying it more this time around.

ryn: man - you went through alot with the birth - i don't blame you for being disappointed! good on you for coping with it all, and being flexible. i complain about my 2 labours, but really they were quite uncomplicated (i just can't handle the pain of contractions). your labour just proves to me that it doesn't matter how well prepared/educated you are, there's no planning for it. hope you next labour is smoother.

woohooo!! my bubba slept 8.5 hours last night - how lovely was that - i feel like a new woman!! he hadn't slept all day, so really needed the sleep, but usually his hunger overrides his sleeping! he doesn't sleep much at all during the day - maybe 3hours at the most, on the good days.

Hi everyone!
    Jayne - they didn't get me to feed her. I'm formula feeding her anyway, but with two needles going in at the same time, it would have been a bit awkward.

Ryn - What a clever boy you have, rolling over already! Bri started rolling at 9 weeks and that coincided with her sleeping through - I just think she preferred to be on her tummy, no matter what the SIDS people were saying! Glad to hear he's sleeping longer too.

Kirsten - Quinn's a little cutie! I can definitely see his daddy in him!

Anne - congrats on your 8.5 hours of sleep! I don't wrap Bella anymore either. Not because she's too big, but because she just doesn't like it. She likes to sleep with her arms up beside her head, so who am I to stop that! Glad to hear that Brad is such a good help when he's home. The experience will probably ensure he's a good dad himself when he gets older!

Me - I'm still not so sure about my coping skills if I were to have another bub. With Bri and Bella it's not too bad, because I have one who is pretty much able to look after herself and another who is totally dependant on me. Having two who are totally dependant - I don't know how I'd go. Also, Bella's such a good baby and is so placid compared to what Bri was like. What if I have another one and it's like Bri was? I'm not sure my sanity would stay intact!

Isabella's got one hard lump in her thigh - the only remaining symptom of her needles the other day. For a couple of days her appetite was down and she just wasn't her usual happy self, but today she's back to normal, thank god! I forgot to add in my post on Thursday her new measurements/weight, so here they are:

Weight: 5140g (3065g at birth) Length: 61cm (51cm at birth) Head circ: 39cm (34cm at birth). So all in all, she's growing nicely. What a clever baby!

She's really getting chatty now and it's absolutely adorable! We had a lovely chat this morning, and she just blabbered away in her own little language.

kirsten, you're right, Quinn is beautiful! He's such a gorgeous little man. But still has some hair... some babies have no hair until they are 2! Quinn is just not as hairy a beast as Liebling.

Jayne, yup, BFing (with a B-cup chest, it can happen!) - when DS awakes we co-sleep so I get back to sleep straight away and don't have to mess about with the crib again, plus I was falling asleep sat up before I just gave up and co-slept- and sleeping like that for 3 hours, had such a bad back as our headstead isn't comfortable. He did 9-11.30-3.30-6.30 last night, which is fab.

Anne, DH was talking about the snip... noooo! What about the other babies? After the next two, OK. If we agree to stop when DS is a lot older or his single sibling is older, OK. Just not now! And thanks for your kind words about my birth experience, I really want another shot at it!

Michelle, I love chatting to my baby too! They're so expressive and just tell you everything, don't they? I love it when DS tells me all his secrets LOL.

Out to the in-laws last night and I'm so glad I don't parent like SiL! (warning, slight rant.) Niece is 14m old, points and grunts instead of talking as the d*mn dummy is in all the time, even when she tries to eat, knows the word "no" but also (said SiL laughing) that it isn't re-enforced so she can ignore it, is plonked in front of the TV with no active discussion about the story, and anyway, I won't go on. She never cries unless she falls over, and then not for long, but that's a side-effect of control crying when she was as tiny as our little ones are now. Oh, isn't it a fun world when we're all different! I'm sure SiL thinks the same about my parenting style. But I will say that DS had more sounds than Niece at 3 days old (he had a!, eh and o! by then). Niece uses eh almost all the time and has regressed - she has stopped saying mamamama to everything - even her mother! I blame the dummy and am even more deep-seated in my (slightly irrational, especially as I know DS needs to suck with his reflux so has one) hatred of them after yesterday; DS is now finding his fist and I'm encouraging his to suck on that, it can't be in the mouth when he plays!

I bet DS will be "behind" Niece when it comes to eating solids - Niece was 5m and DS will be 7m, I hope, so he won't beat Niece at everything! Otherwise, he's uber-advanced and so clever!

Anne: How lovely is it when they sleep that long Quinn at last weigh in which was a few weeks ago was 6105kg and 63.5cm long and head was 40.8cm. I expect he is around 6.5kgs plus now he was putting on a kilo a month! (porky man). These weights etc were at 8 weeks. Your boys are gorgeous - I love the photo of them in the bath

Michelle: Eveyone says Quinn looks like his dad but I have photos of me as a baby and he looks almost exactly like me - nothing like me now, but our baby photos are so similar it's weird Aren't they great when they get chatty - Quinn likes to talk all the time and gets cranky if you arent' paying attention to him when he talks He copies when you say "oooooh" to him...

Ryn: i know what you mean about older kids not knowing many sounds because they permanently have a dummy - I have nothing against dummys but Quinn won't take one anyway - but I know girl who has a 3 year old and he talks with the dummy in his mouth and never gets told to take it out, he doesn't speak well at all for his age...he also tells him mum he is going to do a poo in his nappy and she says "Ok tell me when you're finished" don't you think that with that level of communication he should be toilet trained?? Anyway - that's my rant about other people...like you said Ryn - different parenting styles - she cant understand why I use cloth nappies and exclusively breastfeed so it goes both ways Oh and leibling is pretty spectacularly gorgeous too - I love the pics of him growing into that gorgeous big coat. can I see pubert pics too?

Jayne: 4 in the bed sounds like loads of fun - I love it when Quinn is in our bed in the mornings - he is so smiley when he first wakes up in the mornings - we get about half an hour of laughing and smiles until he wants his breakfast - it's just lovely!!!

Ryn - Bri had a dummy when she was little, but if she tried to talk to me with it in, I'd tell her to take it out, otherwise I wasn't going to listen to what she was trying to say, so I'm with you on that one! I think they have their purpose, but sometimes they can be overused. She suffered really bad with colic and sometimes it was the only way I could settle her. When I weaned her, I just threw them out and told her I couldn't find them. It meant one night of hell, but it was worth it! Bella's relatively easy to settle, so I've not bothered with her.

Kirsten - It's funny how you mentioned that Quinn looked like you at first. My dad found an old photo of my mother holding me just after I was born, and the photo looks like it's of me holding Isabella. Wierd! Everyone now says she looks like my DH too.

I can't believe why someone would question the fact that you exclusively breastfeed, especially when it's the best for bub?! If I hadn't had so much trouble, I'd be there with you! I can say though, that now that I'm no longer beating myself up about it, I'm actually finding it more convenient not to breastfeed! I suppose it's just what you get used to.

Each to their own with the nappies. I'm using disposable because I find them more convenient. Also, I used cloth with Bri, but when she was only about 2 months old, she was peeing right through them and I was sick of washing urine covered clothes several times a day. YUK.

I have the saddest baby in the whole wide world. I dont know what is up with her... actually I think I know I'm just in denial... I think it is POO DAY, it has been I think 6 days now, so I guess it could still be 4 or 5 days away but she seems so over it today and a little smelly I guess, ho hum poor Jemima.... LUCKILY today is also NEEDLE day, so in 30 minutes we are leaving for the doctor and then I will ask the doctor if we can get something to get the poo to come today... the babydoc said we could get some dispostiries from the chemist so I will ask doc about them today... AND find out exactly why it is normal for some babies to go so long without a poo and have some babies have a poo everyday, poos that DONT go all over babies clothes. I have changed so many nappies today already though, likes a days worth or more in half a day, so glad i was having a disposable day... we alternate between disposable and cloth, only disposable when we go out though, I just dont feel like carrying around dirty/wet nappies ESPECIALLY just in case it is the week waited for poo!

Is anyone doing baby and me yoga?? I am going to get doc to give me referral for it so my health fund covers some of it, that should be interesting a room full of babies doing yoga with their mummies...??

RYN - DS ROCKS! I cant believe he rolls over!

Cant wait to get these needles out the way as then I am going to buy myself some togs and take this baby to the pool... heated of course!

Kirsten - funny you say about lots of kids and my dogs as on my list of things to do today is hop on realestate.com and see what is out there with a little more room... dont know how 2 kids will fit in this house let alone more.... but everything is expensive these days so i dont know how we will afford to upgrade without living in the sticks (which i would love to do but benji works in the valley so we need to be kinda suburban)

Michele - love your website, love the isabella entering the world bit of your blog too, she is such a cutie

Lisa - how did Harrison go in weigh in?? (i am totally addicted to the biggest loser at the moment)(me who didnt have a tv until xmas last year...)

Jayne - 4 in the bed sounds crazy! but fun, and that is what life is all about...

Ithought nobody had posted for a week but then I think i must have broken something with my profile letting me know thingy - technology sucks.

my baby is half asleep on the couch but really annoyed at the world, not like her at all, some of the cries we have had today I HAVE NEVER heard from her.... she is not going to like the needles today..... as long as I get a jelly bean to eat on her behalf it is going to be ok.

oh yeah, guess what..... Jemima rhymes with Vagina.... trust male cousin to think of that... i had not... i cant believe i didnt figure that out when picking her name! it is ok my cousin's name is Richard so i will make sure Jemima always calls him di*ck.
    Last edited by smylie; April 16th, 2007 at 11:31 AM. Reason: so hard to say rude words that are not rude words in this freakin site!

had to buy suppostries and stick my finger up my baby's butt!
    hmmm the things we do......
    she is happier after poo
    BUT
    not happy after needles.... heaps better RIGHT now but has been off and on all afternoon totally not my jem

have 'new parents group' tomorrow, the group run by the clinic... not reallly looking forward to it... SIL and BIL will be there with Hannah (BIL has holidays for a while after being overseas for ages and birth of his baby etc) and also jemima's boyfriend will be there too, both totally different babies to Jemima, TOTALLY different so really not looking forward to talking babies with them as they take things personally...
    you know what i mean, if they ask how jemima is sleeping i say good, but if they ask how long she is sleeping at night i have to say the truth which is 8pm until 5.30/6am one will be ****ed off i have 'better' nights sleep than them (hannah still has a wake up in middle of night i think) and other will be depressed thinking she is bad mum as jemima's boyfriend wakes up twice in the night.... and they both have dummies and think dummies are bad, whereas i dont think jemima would take a dummy if i wanted her to...
    one mum has no milk left so feels like a failure which i think is crap as i personally dont think it matters where your baby gets it's food from as long as it is getting food!
    so yeah with Jemima not really herself and no idea what kind of poo day we will have tomorrow after having to coax this poo out today i am not really looking forward to tomorrow....
    also annoyed at my GP as she said that babies shouldnt go longer than 4 or so days and that 6 days (which is what jem was today) is far too long FOR A BREASTFED baby, as if there was something wrong with jemima.... but babydoc last week made it sound like just another kind of normal for a breastfed baby.... so i have left a message for babydoc to call me to explain in more detail what 'causes' the long time between poos and what i can do to prevent it....
    it may have something to do with what i am eating i dont know
    BUT am totally annoyed i think i have baby with a problem now... hate all the different opinions... book says 3 weeks, babydoc says 10days and gp says 4 days... jemima tells me when it bothers her so that is what is RIGHT but still hmph....

hope everyone else is having fun with needles and poos!! i'll say it once and i'll say it again = what a life!

Hi girls
    I've been busy with everything here... so I haven't had much time to post.

Harrison is obviously going through a growth spurt as all he wants to do is feed... he is looking a little more chubby to which is brilliant... He gets weighed tomorrow so fingers tightly crossed.
    Yesterday my big baby boy turned 13.... so exciting for us!!! We went to the movies and had a quiet dinner of his choice at home... he didn't want a party or anything... he just wanted his Mummys chicken schnizel and white chocolate and mango cheesecake!!! lol

Anne - Thanks for asking... James looooooves high school.... he especially likes his laptop that he got from the school!!! I think that is his fave part of school.... he got 28/30 in his language test just before end of term, and a similar result in math which is fantastic for him as he was a child that HATED primary school.

Kel - I hope Jemima is okay after her needles... are you okay? I am a mess with every one of the needles... even with my bigger kids!!! lol
    I have heard that breastfed babies can go for up to a month without a poo... and that is considered normal... Not my baby though... he is very consistant with his poopy nappies!

Great to see everyone is doing well, and their babies are thriving and gorgeous as ever... I will pop in soon and do more personals... now, I'm off to bed.

Kel, the NHS says 1 week between poos is fine if you wanted another opinion - although not even having 12 poo-free hours here makes me doubt that.

And dummies ARE evil if a 16-month-old needs to be told to take it out to eat and that's the only time she has it out her mouth all day. Not commenting on SiL's parenting style, just my opinion, but if that's what Niece does that's just co-incidence.

Michelle, DS looks nothing like old pics of me, save the hair, and is the spit of his dad as a baby, save the hair. Go hair! I always had a ton of dark hair, DH had less and lighter.

Happy birthday to your James, Lisa. And YAY for Harrison feeding so much.

Well, we went to see Sis off on her round-the-world tour today at the airport. DS slept all the way up there and was being adorable for his favourite Aunty. We had a small prang on the way back - can't open the boot to get the pushchair out now, but did get details. Luckily DS and I are fine, I think the lad who hit us was a bit shocked to see a tiny baby though. DS did a huge scream as we were jolted, but seems fine, and was happy to get back in the car to get home - I guess he just didn't understand what happened but was happy it stopped when he complained! Getting him checked out when he gets his jabs tomorrow (a week late, I know).

Hellooo!
    Kel - Poor little Jemima! Believe me, she will get back to normal soon after those yukky needles. At least she is happier after doing her poo! I have no idea about BF babies, but Bella poos at least once a day without fail. She had a couple of smaller ones over the weekend, so I was expecting an explosion, and that's what I got yesterday! yuk. I hope you get an opinion you can trust on that matter - half the time it depends on who you talk to as to what answer you get. Have you tried googling it to see what the internet can tell you (again, I think you'll find varying opinions there too)?

I work with a guy who is kept up half the night with their DD who was born 3 days before Bella. He told me he hated me the other week (he was kidding)! I just made a joke of it, saying how hard life is at the moment...! If people want to feel bad that I have such a good baby, then that's their choice and I'm not going to stop being happy about it just to make sure they don't feel bad - I should be allowed to rejoice in my well-behaved baby. They just have to realise that every baby is different, and at this age, it's more common for a baby not to be sleeping through yet.

I cracked up laughing when you mentioned that Jemima rhymed with vagina! Typical male to think of that. Lucky you can get payback!

Lisa - Yay for Harrison having a growth spurt! Make sure you let us know how much he's grown! Glad to hear James is liking high school, which is obvious going by his fantastic marks! Are you feeling old, with him turning 13??? Is he going to a private school? The reason I ask, is that my neice wasn't given one and she goes to a public shool, but I can see that all children will eventually have to have them in the future. No wonder he's thrilled!

Ryn - OMG about the car accident! Are you ok? How frightening! Good idea getting DS checked out - best to be safe than sorry. We had a teeny little accident recently when DH was driving, but the dent looks like a shopping trolley hit us - that's how teeny it was, but I was so shaken up thinking about how lucky we were.

Me - I plotted Bella's measurements and weights in her baby book and she's been following along the 50th percentile pretty closely, but her length has gone up to around the 95th percentile (she started around 50)! DH and I got the tape measure out to make sure it was right. I think it's her legs that have grown as I have some new romper suits in size 00 thinking they'd be huge on her (not Bonds, as we all know they're much smaller than normal!), and they fit perfectly on the legs and are a bit wide around her shoulders. So it looks like she'll be like me - tall and skinny! Poor little baby. I just hope she doesn't get my lolly legs with knock knees like Bri did!

Better go. Bella's decided not to have a sleep again, even though she's REALLY tired!

Hi girls...
    Well... Harrison only gained 60g in 6 days... but the ECHN noticed that he does look cubbier... I was a little disappointed... I definitely expected that he would have gained more... he has been feeding so much lately, and getting huge amounts... but, as the ECHN said, he has a small gain one week, then a bigger one the next... FIL told us that this is exactly the same as DH was... he kept growing taller but didn't put on much weight... Looks like Harry is definitely his Dadda's boy!!!

Ryn - Thanks for the bday wishes for James... I have passed them on to him
    I am so sorry to hear you had an accident!!! OMG, how frightening for you, no matter how big or small... it would still be so scary.... glad to hear you're all okay though

Michelle - Yep... I definitely feel old... especially when I have all my friends reminding me that I have a 13yr old son!! lol
    My BF who was there throughout my pregnancy with James, there when he was born etc cried on his birthday because he is now a teenager and SHE feels old!! lol
    And yes, James does go to a private school... mostly because of the laptop program as James is so very very clever when it comes to computers so we chose this school to nurture his talent and have something that he will be really interested in... but since being there, he has decided that he does really love school... such a huge difference from primary school.
    Sounds like Bella is growing like Harrison... tall and skinny... all my kids are like that, unlike their short, chubby Mum!!! lol
    James is already taller than me, and wears size 13 mens shoes... I think he is going to be quite tall.

Hi to everyone I've missed.... I hope you're all well

Hi Girls,
    Sorry it's beeen aaaaaages since my last post, we've all been sick for a good couple of weeks, so it's just been too exhausting to get online.
    Hope you're all doing well... I'm going to have to have a good read to catch up.
    We're now recovered from the flu and doing really well. Still not much daytime sleep, so busy and grumpy but we're getting some good long night sleeps now except for when she has wind. She is just sooooo full of smiles and big grins! Actually not much going on here in the baby sense... growing nicely, feeding well, etc...

Well I'm going to have a read and catch up with what's been going on in the world.

Hi Emily - so sorry to hear you've been unwell, but good to hear Ruby is well. Is she a giggler too? I have Liebling waving his hands and giggling away as I type. Is Ruby a hairy or a baldie, as I can't really see under the hat?

Lisa - I think a baby thriving is better than looking at charts. Did you know those charts are for bottle-fed babies, so a healthy breastfed baby shouldn't be as big.

Michelle - I don't understand how people can compare babies (although isn't that what we do a bit here?). I mean, each baby is so individual. I don't mind that DS isn't sleeping though as half the babies here are doing, he's vocalising so well and rolls over (so proud!) so just proof each baby learns new skills at his or her own rate.

As for me, DH dragged me out the house last night to show me that the car was so badly damaged there's no hope of recovering the rear of it. The rear doors don't close properly - how could I have missed it? Well, because I never thought to check the car, I just wanted to make sure Liebling was OK. He pointed out the wheel arches have been bent out of shape and a tyre could have burst on the way home from rubbing. I just didn't even think to check the car at all until the lad who hit me said "um..." when I said "well, the cars are OK." I have quite bad whiplash, for which I am going to take some paracetamol today (can't take anything else, ouch - actually may try the TENS machine on it) and we have no car for the forseeable future. Nor do we have a pram or a carseat (the pram was crushed in the boot, we can use it but it's really wobbly and we'd rather not trust it). Good thing I have a babysling. DH reckons as I was stationary, the other car had to be doing about 40mph (about 70km/h) to have caused that damage. OK, as I was breaking and doing about 10mph when I had to do an emergency stop I no longer feel sorry for the young chap. Although I did really scare him when he saw me lift a baby out of the back of the car... good. He should learn how to drive. Anyway, DS was seen by the doctor last night as he was sleeping all afternoon, but she gave him the all-clear so I feel a bit better. He hadn't slept much the night before nor the morning so sleeping in the afternoon isn't desirable, but OK. He did sleep 8.30-12, 12-4.30 and 4.30-7 so I can't complain too much. I'm saying 8.30, I fell asleep rocking him to his lullaby machine and woke up at 9, so it could have been a bit later.

Hello lovelies
    How is everyone today?

RYn: does Pubert (so cute) still have colic, what do you do, Quinn has had very bad colicky pains lately and it's driving me mental trying to figure out what I am eating that may be causing it, today I have cut out wheat/gluten to see if that's it - I have tried cutting out dairy, tomatoes, onions, pumpkin - just about anything you can think of and he still gets it...any advice?
    You were very lucky that you were both ok in your accident, sounds like it was a pretty serious smack!

HI EMILY! good to "see" you again great to hear that all is now well, bummer about the flu though!

Lisa: Happy birthday to super smart James. GOod to hear that Harrison is doing really well too - I wouldn't worry too mcuh about supposed weight gains, if he is eating and happy then that's great! Quinn is very tall and not so skinny anymore

Kel: How did your new parents group go? I love mine, none of the mums in my group have similar ideas as me but I love it anyway - it's a chance to get out and meet up with people, and it's interesting to hear what other people do, I am the hippy of the group with the cloth nappies et al...although I have heard from other people that some mums can get really competitive in the groups and that would drive me bonkers...

Well, other than colicky pain Quinn is doing really well, lots of smiling and laughing and playing - he holds on to his maracas and shakes them now, I could have sworn he was doing it in time to the music on Xanadu yesterday - we watched it together and daddy was horrified that we were dancing around to it when he came home

Hey Ladies,

I'm sorry I haven't been around, Claudia has decided that it's fun to be on mummy's boobie & wide awake the WHOLE day long! LOL. I haven't had a minute to scratch myself between the two children, let alone get upstairs to get online!

What do you all class as sleeping through? Claudia goes around 9pm - almost 5am, so do I say she is sleeping through or what? I want to record it in her book that's all.

I'm so sorry about my lack of personals, I'm trying to get familiar with everythign so I will make a feeble attempt! LOL

KIRSTEND _ I have heard that cutting out dairy can help? Could it just be trapped wind from the course of the day rather than a specific food?

RYN _ OMG you've had a car crash?? Are you ok? Holy moley, I am so relieved to hear that Liebling is alright, I"m sorry to hear of the whiplash. I hope you're on the mend soon.

WATTLE _ I hear you on the non-day sleeper! It can become quite tiring that's for sure! Great news that you have a fantastic feeder though!

LISA _ I'm sure Harrison is going to have a better weight gain next week, I have heard that theory of a small weight gain one week & a bigger one the next. If he is feeding well then I'm sure it's inevitable.

RYN _ I"m not a fan of the dummies either. Jessica had one & when she was just gone 12 months old, I met a 4yo who still had a dummy, I came home, threw her dummies in the bin & she never asked for the again. I also found a lot of her night wakings were for me to pop the dummy back in. I wasn't opposed to Claudia having one if it meant less disruption to Jessica @ night time, but she has never needed one & I didn't buy one for her to put in the cupboard for the JIC middle of the night emergencies & so I was never tempted to give her one. They wanted me to give her one in hospital because on the second night she cried all night but one m/w told me that my milk was changing from colustrum to heavier milk & that it has sat in her tummy a lot heavier than what she's used to & that's why she was so unsettled. It made sense though, ebcause she has never cried like that again. However, in saying all that, I'm not anti-dummy at all, not by any stretch, some babies need them other don't........ I hope I haven't offended anybody, cos that wasn't my intention whatsoever.

IMPATIENT _ Bella must be on the same page as Claudia because she has not been a fan of the daytime sleeps either for the last few days, it's amazing that she's stayed in bed now for almost an hour. I can't believe it. I still swaddle her to sleep & at night she has these velcro swaddle thingys called kiddopotamus that I put on her, so this afternoon I have put her in that & int he cot & she's stayed asleep. I think she's not liking the hammock anymore. Used to be hammock in the day & cot @ night. Hopefully the day sleeps will pick up for you again soon!

Well I had better go. I have weight watchers tonight. I'm not liking the idea of it. I have to take both the babies for a start, then it's really cold today so I have to wear thicker clothes which I need thin clothes as I need all the help I can get after Easter & I have been VERY bad all week. How embarrassing! LOL.

Love Jayne xox

Jayne I would definately call that sleeping through! I think once babies drop the 2amish feed it is sleeping through!
    If you went to bed at 7pm though and then had to wake up at 9pm you may not call it sleeping through so I guess it is all a matter of persepective, Jemima always had a 10.30, 2.30 and then woke between 4 and 6 but I didnt go to bed until after 11pm most nights so in my mind there was only one wake up... and then she somehow dropped the 10.30 one and then not much after she dropped the 2.30 so now we get 8pm until about 5.30-6pm since she was 6wks EXCEPT the last two nights where she rediscovered 2.30am!!! I blame the needles for making her want to sleep more in the day.....

Mothersgroup was good, I wish there were all random people there as I was related to or knew half the group!! one girl was really nice her so I will get in touch with her for more if she is up for it

Michele - thanks for google idea, found more advice alongthe same lines as my babydoc, actually not advice but same kind of explanation... i ring my babydoc tomorrow to find out if there is anything i can do to make her a different kind of normal.... as we went 11 days without a poo then 6 days and i made it come on monday and now we are again without a poo.... grrr would rather have one a day i think??

hubbys home so i better go!

Jayne, I think that's sleeping through. My mother has told me Samuel should be on a 4-hour schedule again as I was on one and sleeping through at 8w. Oh, p!ss off, woman.

Kirsten, I put baby Pubert to bed before the colic started and he slept through. Otherwise, Calpol is your friend! (as suggested by a doctor we took DS to see.)

Kel, yay for a good mother's group!

DS had his jabs yesterday (such a good, brave boy!), and then when I changed his nappy I saw BLOOD. It's from where the buckle of his car seat hit him, so we were back to the GP surgery. It's just under the foreskin, but so painful (looking at the face of the doctor and DH when they saw it convinced me, if the screaming earlier didn't!) and I'm fuming. I'm also happy DS is a cloth-bum, imagine the impact if he was in a flimsy little disposable nappy? I have no feeling of moral superiority for using cloth, I'm just so pleased about the bulk it provides now. Never using a disposable again!

DH's parents have said they want to help out as I find picking DS up painful now. Their way of helping: DH drives us round to their house before work and comes round after work, we leave after dinner. Very kind, except that DH starts work at 7.30am and we'd need to leave here at 6.40 for him to get to work and drop us off. And the nappy situation - when would I wash them? Don't tell me to let MiL wash them, she religously weighs all her washing on the kitchen scales (I know, it's weird) and I would be expected to eat round there after she'd washed the nappies. Not a problem if there was once-a-week poo, but as DS poos a lot I'm changing nappies a lot right now as I don't want any poo near his penis, especially with the blood and the antibiotics I'm having to put on it.

Hi everyone. What a day! I am physically and mentally exhausted! I had so much trouble trying to get Bella to settle today. I got her to have a sleep for around half an hour this morning in the Baby Bjorn, and then again in my arms this afternoon. Other than that, I couldn't put her down for a second, otherwise she'd get really upset. She was a bit off her food earlier on and while she usually doesn't mind being burped, I couldn't even do that today without upsetting her.

DH called in at lunch time as he had to take his mum to hospital for chemo, so I was able to have a quick shower without her crying to be picked up, which was a relief. I then took her to she shop near the school so I could actually eat lunch in peace (at 2.30 in the afternoon!) - she likes shopping centres, so I figured I'd be ok to eat without her screaming the house down. I was right thank god!

I did have a bit of fun with her this morning for around half an hour. She apparently likes Old McDonald's Farm, so I sang that to her about a thousand times, and then we read four books together and she really liked that - I was laying on the floor next to her, and my arms got tired after a while as I was holding the books above our heads. I almost got a laugh out of her too. She's actually quite a serious baby, so that's a big thing!

So I don't know what's the matter with her. She's acting like she's in pain but not colicky like she was when she was younger. I've read a few posts in BB and found mention of the Wonder Weeks, and I'm thinking that maybe this is one of "those" weeks, as the timeframe varies with every baby. Anyway, I've ordered that book from Amazon. Maybe it'll help me to understand why she is acting the way she is, and so I don't stress about my poor little angel not being herself...!? ARGH!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast