Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #2

howdy again
    ryn, that car accident sounds way worse now then it did when you first mentioned it... just a slight prang in the back and cant open the boot is now poor little boy's bits! that is awful you poor things... and yes p!ss off mum, every frekin baby is different DS is not me, and I am not you!!!

Michele- what is wonder weeks?? do you want to meet up and sit and watch our usually beautifully placid babies cry together??? Jem is having a shocker this week too but i have been blaming poo and needles!

Jayne - i only just noticed in your post you mention weight watchers, i've been kinda trying it for the last two weeks, are you on the breastfeeding points or the normal points?? I have heaps to lose until i am back to prepregnancy weight, was not as displined as most of the others on here when i was pregnant... i have still to lose 17 or 18kg!!! i have only lost half a kilo i think but i have just dusted off my cross trainer so i will be able to exercise at home when bub is asleep or when she just wants to sit and watch so i feel better now.....

baby is crying and hubby says she wants booby so here we go AGAIN

Ryn - OMG, I was soooo over it yesterday that I didn't have time to read everyone's posts. How is DS???? I hope he heals quickly. Glad to hear you're getting help from the IL's, but of course I can understand why you're worrying about the nappy situation. What's with the MIL weighing her washing?

Kel - If you google "wonder weeks" (don't select Aussie) I think it's the top link. There's also chatter in BB somewhere (can't remember where) and that's how I found out about it. It's like a developmental phase that babies go through at a particular time in their first few years. They say that these phases happen at around the same time for each baby (give or take a week or so) and they get unsettled during this time for about a week, with a "sunny" week afterwards, where bub is really settled and happy in comparison. The website I found also had info on settling baby and all sorts of stuff. When I get the book I'll tell you more. Maybe we should get together and have a competition! "Who's the grumpiest baby?" I think Bella would win, although it's 5.37am here and she's been asleep since around 7.30pm last night with no sign of waking up, so maybe she's starting to feel happier? Today will tell....

Jayne - Can't believe it's cold over there already!? It's still quite lovely here, although the mornings are a little cooler now. I bought Bella some little suits from Target the other day with long sleeves for around the house ($5 each!). I hope Claudia starts sleeping in the daytime soon! I can sometimes get one sleep out of Bella, although the last two days were days of hell and we didn't get that. Hopefully today will be better.

Kirsten - I'm just picturing you and Quinn dancing around to Xanadu with maracas and I'm LMAO. Very cute! Sounds like he might have some talent!? Bri suffered a lot worse with colic than Bella did and I'm not doing anything different, other than the brand of formula. Bri grew out of it once she started sitting up, so hopefully this is short-lived for you.

Emily - Glad to hear you're over the flu. Make sure you take care of yourself. At least bub's sleeping through so you can build up your energy.

Lisa - Sounds like James is going to be a giant! Bri who's only 9 is already in 6 1/2 women's shoes. I told her to stop at size 8 so we can share shoes when she's older! Hey, at least Harrison's putting weight on and not losing weight. Funny isn't it. We want to lose weight, and we want our babies to put it on! Maybe we should start a swap program with our babies??

Me - I joined the gym!! It's a new gym, opening on 14 May with a free two week trial. They also have a creche for babies from 6 weeks. I'm going to go down there and check it out before I even think of putting Bella in there, but I am sooo looking forward to it! I won't be doing aerobics or anything like that, as I don't want people lauging at me as I'm soooo uncoordinated! I think I'll just do weights and cardio to tone up and remove floppy bits. It'll be nice to get out of the house each day without having to call into a shopping centre.

Bella went to bed last night without so much as a whimper. She usually grunts and carries on but I think she was so tired that she went to sleep straight away. I really hope she's happier today. I was at the end of my rope yesterday. It's DH's 34th birthday today (he's my toy boy!) and we have to go out tonight to get Bri some long socks and shin pads as she's just been accepted into the girls soccer team at school. (She is so proud of herself, as are we!) After that we're going out to dinner - to Sizzler! Can't believe that's where DH wants to go - just as well I can have a steak!! I hope Bella behaves.....

Hmm, I think I may have to get the wonder weeks thing, it does sound helpful and I've read quite a bit on here too - so many BB girls can't be wrong. And 8w is a bad sleep week, aparently. I hope Bella settles down for you soon, Michelle.

And I have no idea why MiL weighs her washing, DH says if she puts more than 5kg of washing in then the machine has a hissy fit - I'd just get a new machine. Eww at weighing nappies and dirty undies!

Kel, I thought the accident was minor at first, then DH pointed out it was pretty major, now DS and I are injured! DS is healing up nicely now, so I'm glad I took pictures (poor love, his first nuddy pics for an insurance claim), but he's still in pain and dosed up on Calpol. I need my TENS machine on in the evening to get DS into bed; we're still sleep-training and he takes 2-3 attempts to goto sleep, so I need to pick him up... I can't comfortably lift him to burp him, so getting him in and out of bed isn't fun. PiL are borrowing Niece's baby carseat and are taking me to get a new pram, but I'd rather get it on-line really. Never mind, it's really nice of them to do it and I am grateful - I don't have to wait for a delivery date this way, and can grab DS a summer hat and a playmat from other shops at the same time now.

RYN _ Lovely of the IL's to take you to get a new pram. Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble moving about & burping Liebling. I really hope that you get the pram sorted & yay on the other shopping at the same time.

IMPATIENT _ The days have been quite lovely & sunny & warm but the mornings & night are getting really chilly. Very unlike Perth weather but it's cute rugging both my babies up in fleecy pj's! I'll have to google the 'wonder weeks' thing. Claudia has been a bit unsettled for a couple of days, but today has settled right down, so it definitely makes sense to me. I hope that Bella is going well for you. WOO HOO on joining the gym! Are you going to put Bella in the creche? I'm going to have to put Claudia in the creche while Jess does swimming lessons. I'm scared!! I really hope that Bella is much more settled today. it's physically & mentally exhausting when you can't put them down.

SMYLIE _ How is the delightful Jemima today? I love reading your posts. They're so sunny & vibrant! I Love it. LOL @ DH saying Jemima needs boobies again. That's Alan's answer to everything too. So simple for them I guess! I'm on the breastfeeding points with WW & I think it's 30 points. TBH I don't count the points, you know when you've 'overdone' it. I need to lose around 20kg so we're both on par with eachother by the sounds of it. I did lose 0.5kg this week, I really have to get into it again, it does work wonders for me. I lost 25kg for my wedding which was super but over time it gradually all crept back on. I'm determined to get rid of it & keep it off this time which is I think why I am taking it very slowly.

ME _ Claudia has decided it's fun again to have a sleep during the day which is awesome. She's had three sleeps today, which is great. The last 4 days it has been wide-eyed alll day long & when she does finally nod off she's back on track 10 minutes later. The little girl next door is the same age as Jess & she came over asking Jess to play today & Jessica took off out the front door with her @ 100kmh. She didn't even look back over her shoulder to wave goodbye to me. I tried to get her an hour later but there was no way she was coming home. It's so nice that she has a little friend right next door now. I got some house work done which was great & I also scrapbooked a page. Can't believe it! I'm slowly getting into it. Thankfully Kindergym is on tomorrow so Jessica will have that to go to, plus a birthday party on Saturday. It's been hard for Jess to slow down since Claudia has been born, we were never home before btu now that Claudia is so alert she gets disturbed going from car to pram to car to house, etc... & I'm trying to get the sleeping during the day happening as well. We are getting there though.

Better go & get dinner organised, both girls are crashed out! WOO HOO!

Love Jayne xox

Hi girls. I have one word for today and that's "Yay!".

Bella was a very good girl today and only cried about 3 times in total and that was only because she was tired. I took her shopping with a friend and her baby and she had a little sooky lala moment and then promptly fell asleep, which was lovely!

Some very exciting news is that Isabella now officially has her first pair of shoes!!!

If you look at her website you can check them out. The photo's not the best as it was taken while we were out at dinner (to celebrate DH's birthday) and was taken with my phone. Her shoes look a lot bigger in the photo than they actually are. They look sooo cute on!

DH was very impressed that Isabella made the effort by putting on a nice pair of shoes for the occasion!

Will do personals later on - off to bed now!

Hello again.
    Ryn - I'll be sure to let you all know what the Wonder Weeks book is like when I get it. Might take a couple of weeks because it's coming from the US. You're lucky to have IL's who are happy to help out and at least you'll be able to get around again. Yay for IL's!

Jayne - So glad Claudia was better yesterday. I agree that it's very hard when they're unsettled. I'm not sure if Bella was good only because we were shopping (she LOVES shopping!) or whether she's just back to her old self again, but I'm relieved she still has it in her to be good! Yes, I'll be putting Bella in the creche when I start at the gym. I'm going to go and check it out first though - I know she'll only be in there for an hour or so at a time, but I'm still scared about leaving her so I know how you feel!! ARGH! So cute your other daughter having a little friend. My closest friend and I met when we were two years old (we lived next door to each other). Her father is still in the same house and I've moved away, but we still keep in touch and visit each other on occasion. My older daughter absolutely adores her.

Better go. We got 11 hours of sleep last night, but I think we're "only" going to get around 10 and a bit this time as I can hear her stirring on the monitor.

Have a great day everyone!

And there was me coming in to brag about getting five hours sleep! Well, five and three, I'm so proud, plus 11 hours in a nappy (as he wouldn't go to sleep for three hours!) with no complaints. Actually, he did this little content sound after his poo at 6.30 this morning - DS is such a man!

Jayne, yay for Claudia sleeping during the day!

Michelle, Bella looks so cute on the daddy's birthday pic. I wish DS liked shopping!

DS now looks normal down below, doesn't need the Calpol and is fab. He is still getting the antibiotic gel, because that is a course of treatment and you shouldn't stop it early. Plus he gets paracetamol via breastmilk, so that should be enough. He found his thumb to suck, not his entire fist, yesterday and I am proud of that too. Can't wait until he can co-ordinate his hands more and get his thumb first try every time! Gross motor control is far better than his fine motor control - can roll over but not grasp a toy!

Hey there
    I can now add 3 XRAYS to Jemima's baby stuff! Streaching my baby out on a xray table and then streaching her up against the wall with help of xray place receptionist was not how I thought I was spending my Friday afternoon... I was going to try and 'relax' coz of the shocking last 3 days Jemima has had!
    she SCREAMS has big tears in her eyes and then stops.... she screams and screams and screams, this is not crying... I know babies cry (just not mine usually) this is screaming.
    enough to freak the doctor into rushing her to get xrays.

there is a little dilated bowel and a bit of gas and doc thinks maybe extreme wind, it was good that xray was able to tell me it wasnt poo! but not tell us ANYTHING else

i was ready to be told
    a. all babies cry
    and or b. it is poo day,
    but i didnt think 3 whole days of this scream, sleep, scream, feed, scream sleep was poo day, poo day is grumpy face and smelly bum

as she spit up a bit of sick while in the doc office doc then went for reflux, but as we dont have this problem at night and we only get spew mostly when we overfeed then she thought probably not....

THANK GOODNESS there was nothing in the xray (only with acompaning report) that meant we had to freak out too much... without the report doc was about to ring babydoc and think about going to hospital... thank goodness for report as in the xray she thought there could have been stuff twisted about and stuff, this still could be slightly what wrong but not extremely... she compared jemima's insides to a long clowns baloon that could sometimes get twisted and make gas do weird painful stuff.....

I think after she was streached out heaps at the xray place she is feeling better even though the shots of her belly full of gas and dilated and englarged and stuff were taken after we streached her.
    the doc said it wasnt normal crying as it stopped so suddenly mostly babies who cry til they sleep or whateva cry and then wind down to a whimper but jemima just stops as if it is not hurting anymore which is why doc thought there may have been something blocking something... ho hum who knows

the only thing she could recommend in case it was wind/gas/reflux related was gripe water but after reading my book i'm not sure if i can be bothered with that.... my mum still says to try water to settle gas and wind so i have steralised a bottle and boiled some water it is in the fridge for next freak out.....

anyone want to tell me what water is going to do for breastfed baby who is not constipated... doc poked her real good and there is nothing hard inside my baby and xray showed that too, so there is soft poo but not alot (xrays show poo and everything) and a bit of gas in my baby... what is water going to do???(obviously it is not going to harm her and will please grandma)
    and has anyone used gripe water and want to tell me if it did anything more than relax/SEDATE your baby??

So while i was steralising bottle i thought i'd try steralising dummy too as I have noticed her discovering her fingers but as she discovers by sucking them i had started to hear people suggest she needed a dummy... my clever little girl sucked for a little bit and then brought her had to her mouth grasped the dummy took it out for a sec put it in and then took it out and replaced it with her middle two fingers (fingers of choice and apparently fingers of choice for her daddy when her daddy was little)
    was so strange to see her with dummy in her mouth!!! think it is a crappy dummy anyway so will buy one when i am shopping next to have on hand in case it will help.... i dont know why she rathers these two fingers sometimes, but then if i take them out she doesnt mind, i think she sucked the dummy for a minute or two just to see what it was and then thought this is stupid where are those fingers, she discovers them all one by one then two by two and then her whole freakin fist, that is so funny too then she goes back to middle two fingers.... either 2nd 3rd or 3rd and 4th it is cute

but after all that she is still adorable and when not SCREAMING sleeping feeding SCREAMING she has been having awesome awake moments we are teaching her "AaaLLo" you know dutch for hello she makes the cutest little LO sound after a little ahh sound and she already knew "O" I at least think she is copying good heheehehe

gotta say though for 3 days of having a screaming baby (thank goodness it was on and OFF and ON and off) (oh and sorry ryn but she still slept all night - dont know how she knows to sleep all night she just does) (this week though she did wake on monday night twice after her needles and tuesday night once for the fun of it) i am tired but as i have not had even crying baby for 8 weeks i am not as stressed as i think i should be, i have just thought if i let her think i am worried she will worry, so i think i am coping pretty good, hard not to demand some kind of explanation from doc though, must be hard for a doc not to find anything when baby is in such distress... i didnt have to say anything as jem was screaming when i walked in and doc said "this is a baby in distress" WELL DURR at least it wasnt and here is it's hysterical mother!

Michele - Isabella's shoes are gorgeous... everybaby that cant walk needs shoes, Jemima has pink dunlop volleys, a pair of going out white flowery silky shoes, one pair of pink kitten slippers and my fave that match all her outfits and is worn at the moment everytime we leave the house PURPLE UGGBOOTS!!! i cant believe i havent got a photo of them yet!

Ryn - i am so so so so glad DS boy bits are back to normal, that would be awful pain for anyone especially baby, i have been worried about Jemimas bottom as she doesnt use it that much i thought it may get Dry and sore but doc had a good look there in case the screaming was nappy related, i still cant believe he can roll over that is amazing for so young!

Jayne - I am following weight watchers points but same not really counting, i know you get better results when you count if you are getting close but honestly 32 points is ridiculaous, if i ever lost weight with weightwatchers it was on 18 or 20 points a day ho hum so why havent i lost weight if 32 points is so easy hmmmm??? i've been crook this week so its been easier to stick to but i had a sneak weigh in today and doesnt look like i've lost anyweight again this week so i think i have only lost 500grams still hmm grr hmm wanted to get to first mini goal by my birthday but my birthday is next friday and i still have 3kg to go so think that wont happen.... oh well will still have cake. Do kids go and play at their friends houses at 2 years old?? can they talk at 2?? omigosh that sounds so little and SO cute! are you scrapbooking baby stuff?

Kirsten - how much does Quinn weigh again? my friend had a baby that was was only gaining 30-70 grams a week so she started breast milk and formula combo and now he is 5.91kg which is big jump from where he was at, just trying in my head to figure out how heavy that is and i thought quinn was around that, or was that at 8 weeks? this baby is the one only 2 hours older than jemima. Quinn must be almost 10weeks now?? can he roll over or do anything more than dribble? Jemima is really good at dribble, better than spew i guess and like to sit on my lap and look cute with some pretty good head control but doesnt "do" anything much yet but kick her legs about like she is running a race or riding a bike and wave her arms about like she kungfu fighting...
    Last edited by smylie; April 20th, 2007 at 11:18 PM. Reason: coz i can

sick of editing so will do quick ps
    ps
    Michele more about shoes are Isabella's shoes little lookalike converse shoes?? and i just realised that Jemima is wearing her dunlop volleys and sailor suit in my ticker photo can you see them? looks like she is doing a jig in her bouncer and pps your ticker photo of isabella is so cute and coz you have posted heaps on this page it is so cool to scroll down and see her little face pop up again and again so so cute
    what size are isabella's shoes? we have to get size 3-6months for jem
    Last edited by smylie; April 20th, 2007 at 11:24 PM. Reason: more to say

Kel, you poor thing! Poor Jemima too! I hope she does a huge fart for you and all will be back to normal. I remember being told to give some boiled water to Bri who was having lots of tummy pains as a bub. Can't remember if it worked or not, but I suppose it can't hurt your BF routine, as long as you're not giving too much? If you've not tried it yet, I'll prewarn you that it might come out a bit faster than she's used to drinking, and it takes a while to get used to. At least she's still sleeping at night though so you're able to retain some of your sanity.

As for shoes (very important), I actually had a look at the Dunlop volleys, but they were way too big for her. I think the shoes we bought are just a cheapy Kmart brand (size 1), but pink and cute all the same! Even the little satin ones at Big W were huge on her. My friend's bub (two days older) has huge feet compared to Bella, so maybe she's just petite?! I love the dunlop shoes and will definitely be buying a pair for Bella soon.

I can see the shoes now that I look at your ticker picture. Good to see you're teaching Jemima the importance of shoes at such a young age too! You'd better get a photo of those Ugg boots! How cute is that??!! If Jemima's not dressed up as a bunny, she's dancing a jig! What a clever baby!

I LOVE my ticker picture of Bella. She is such a cutie and if you look really close, she's actually sticking out her tongue. I have a similar picture of Bri doing the same, but she's sitting in a flowerpot!

By the way, how did you get Jemima to stay still for the xrays???

Ryn - Glad to hear DS is back to normal down below. That would have freaked me out and you seemed so calm! How is your neck/back feeling? Glad to hear the sleeping thing is going well. Someone told me, and I'm not sure how true it is, but boys generally don't sleep as well as girls. Probably to make up for all the snoring they'll do while their wives lay in bed awake in the future...?! (I'm referring to my DH here..!) Anyway, I hope both your injuries heal soon.

Me - Isabella had the most wonderful day ever yesterday! Ok, she hardly slept, but she smiled and smiled all day. It was absolutely beautiful! And it was after her second 11 hour night sleep in a row - could this be a sign of things to come? Let's hope so (sorry Ryn!). We also read books while lying on the floor and I could see her turning her head from side to side to see each page. It was soooo cute. She even read a couple of pages to me. Clever baby! Her favourite is "Fuzzy Little Chick". When I get the books out, she's really excited and waves her hands and feet around.

Oh well, I'd better head off and see what this US stock market is doing so I can make some money. Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

keeping baby still for xray: i hold her arms up around her head TIGHT so that she doesnt squirm and her heart doesnt look bigger and they put sand bags on her legs to keep them down and flat. then the one they need her up against the wall i hold the top half and "nurse/helper" holds the bottom half and we streach her.... FUN Jemima was awesome though she screamed a little but she had been SCREAMING (notice difference screaming and SCREAMING!) all day

she is LOADS better today but you can tell something isnt quite right inside of her oh well i'll just keep jiggling her around (other advice from doc hehehe) and see what comes up or down.

Bella sounds like SHE'S BACK so wonder what she learnt in the wonder weeks she will impress you with this week???

Ryn - how does Pubert roll over?? from his bellly to his back?? how does he do it? just throws himself over or uses hands/ elbows? legs?

Kel: The Great Water Debate.
    I didn't want to give Quinn water at all because he didn't need it, but he has had VERY bad wind lately so I can so sympathise with SCREAMING! Water when they are having a screaming attack only makes them burb.I only give Quinn about 5 mls and in a dropper not a bottle. He also won't have a bar of a dummy and prefers to suck his whole hand, sometimes he makes himself retch because he gets his fingers in his throat! The thing I have found when Quinn has wind to be the best is Infant's Friend, it is a type of gripe water and really settles them, that and carrying him in a sling.

Quinn would weigh about 6.7kgs now - he was 6.1 at 8 weeks. He gets weighed Monday.
    He is a champion dribbler and doesn't roll over yet, but he reaches for things and holds things if you put them in his hand, he has little baby maracas and he shakes those until they fly out of his hand. He loves to talk his cute language and imitates you when you make faces like he does O when you do.

He had his first swimming lesson today and that was great fun - for him and daddy - I was sitting on the side being all anxious, no idea why, I just was...anyway later on when we were out for breakfast he scratched his face - and it was a HUGE scratch from his lip almost to the edge of his face. When I spotted it I got such a shock it's so huge!

Michelle, what was the course you did, Me and DP are doing an introductory share trading course next week...

Practice for snoring? Michelle, DS already snores up a storm, he's as loud as his Daddy. I bet Liebs will be the last to sleep through, ah well, he's advanced in other ways. First genital injury here as well as first bub to roll over! Does anyone else have a bub who can change round 90 degrees whilst laying down? - on his back DS scoots with his legs to change his scenery, on his front he looks like an elephant seal lifting up and flopping down until he has moved around!

Water, well, I tried cool boiled water to help DS and he wolfed at the bottle eagerly... only to spitit out and scream even louder when he found he had been short-changed, no milk in there my lovely!

Shoes - DS didn't fit 3-6m at 4w old! He has huge feet!

Kirsten, I'm impressed with Quinn's weight, DS was over 5kg at 7w, closer to 6kg now I think, but he's 62-63cm tall, as measured yesterday. He also hates me trimming his nails, so has a scratch just under his eye. At least I can blame the accident!

Kel, poor Jem and the wind! I feel so sorry for you all. DS rolls by kicking his right legand pushing with his right hand until he's on his side, then lets the momentum take him onto his back. Not sure how he does his back to his side, but he likes playing lying on his side for some reason.

Michelle, DS grins when he sees his books too, it's so cute!

annef6722 Guest

hi girls
    kelly - good idea re cross trainer - its so hard to get out of the house some days. isn't it frustrating when bub cries and you don't know why. cam used to (reflux??), but doesn't now. at least you are getting a full nights sleep - that would help - she's a smart girl! master cam still wakes about every 4 hours.
    am working from home now, so super busy. house is a mess, but need the extra income.
    hope you're all doing well. hope to do personals next time

still havent done the water thing... it is in the fridge waiting for her to ask for it though, when she is SCREAMING i tend to forget about it.... will try to remember next time... so i can tell my mother it didnt work and get her off my back... ho hum.
    she also mentioned infants friend, it is not in any of my books though... and i hate the smell of ouzo / aniseed and mum said it smelt like that?

She did the screaming thing this morning again but I think she is over tired she went to her first 2 parties last night so mummy is tired too
    she got to watch daddy have the first beer bong he has had for a long time and then the guys thought a boob bong would be awesome... didnt happen they wanted to express from the boob to the baby....
    cute though there are a lot of clucky young guys out there today as Jemima was an angel at that party, but sad at my friends party screamed/cried most of the time but we got there early thinking she would be...

Hi anne, what kind of work do you do from home? must be hard stopping and starting all the time with Cam?

more outings today and then heaps of birthdays this week so will be exhausted by next week, may just write the whole week off (except parents group i think that is all I HAVE to do next week) and that will be weird an almost whole week at home...

what else are you all doing during the day?

I cant wait for swimming lessons for jemima, Kirsten did quinn have to put his head under the water??? I am scared of that for me so dont want Jemima to be ever scared of putting her head under so i wouldnt mind doing it to her but it would be weird and scary... what did Quinn think of the water?

ryn, i'll have to get Jemima on her tummy more, but she settles heaps on her belly and falls asleep, she loves playing with her toys above her head she could bat those bunnies all day (we call them the evil bunnies) (any bunny that is pink gingham cant be friendly) i bet pubert will be crawling first for some reason, the way jem moves her legs if we could get a mini bike for her she would probably first riding bike.... or maybe she will just start swimming like a frog when i get to the pool

jemima hasnt had a feed for more than 6 hours this is weird, she woke up at 6ish had a feed then SCREAMED then went to sleep and then we thought at 9 when she SCREAMED she was hungry but she didnt feed and eventually went to sleep and it is now almost 1 and she is still asleep.... hmmmm am sick of leaking everywhere so do wish she would wake up and feed.... maybe i'll go nudge the cot...... she was in bed by 11 last night and asleep but not deep sleep from 8.30ish i guess but waking and sleeping and waking and sleeping so i imagine she would be all out of whack but i would have still thought she would be hungry by now......
    oh well maybe in for interesting afternoon

have a good week everyone

ps - anne - yep having cross trainer at home is awesome i bought it from my gym when it closed march last year lost heaps of weight on it march last year then got pregnant... have only been on it twice last week but that is a start....

Kel,
    Quinn wasn't so sure about swimming lessons to start with but liked it enough by the end, they don't have their heads under water in the first lesson - they just do gradual face under water activities, there is lots of singing and swishing and turning, they put mouth under the water, then mouth and nose then next week it is head under, there are babies there who have already done a term and they go under water and actually swim to their parent - it is soooo gorgeous to watch them, Quinn is the youngest in the class and the littlest - which I am loving because he is usually the biggest even if he is the youngest

Infants friend is an Australian made thing and it has a website so you can have a look on there, I've never seen it in any books either - it has anise oil in it so that is the aniseed smell, but when they are at that screaming point you can't tell if they don't like or do - because of the SCREAMING. Having people on your back about techniques to deal with SCREAMING is so frustrating especially during SCREAMING when you can't hear them anyway - I had a lady trying to sell me a pixie photo while Quinn was going bananas...If I had a free hand I think I would have slapped her, but she did say that a benefit of SCREAMING babies was that they grow up really smart - her daughter had bad wind and is now "really smart" so she would know! Of course being stupid enough to try and sell a mother a pixie photo while she is holding a SCREAMING baby is not a good advertisement for her intuition when it comes to children.

Ryn: I don't even have an accident to blame the giant scratch on I just look like I drag my baby backwards through blackberry bushes!

Time for a new thread!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678