Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #2

Smile

Good Morning (almost afternoon everyone),

Fantastic news on everyones weight gain. Well done!!!!!
    We have our MCHN appointment this afternoon and I will pop back in and let you know how we went.

Roya -- congrats on the birth of Amelie and welcome.

Has anyone been advised to take flaxseed to increase milk supply??? A girlfriend who is bfing is taking it and swears her supply has increased. Also has anyone noticed if they have dairy that bubs becomes unsettled / windy???

I will pop in later girls

Sue

prama - my tummy muscles separarted too. It will be nice when things are a little more firm again!

I can't remember who asked about breast pumps, but I have an avent isis manual pump and it is fantastic! I can express heaps of milk in hardly any time at all.

Little Catherine looks just like her daddy too. It really shocked me when I was having her and the OB said she had lots of dark hair as I am a red head and everyone in my family is fair! DH has dark hair, but there is lots of light hair in his family too and I had totally expected a fair baby! She is getting a little bit more fair now, but when she was born her hair was almost black! I feel like when people see us at the shops they think I have stolen her as she looks nothing like me. She already has a darker tan than I have ever had - she definitely has her daddy's olive skin!

Yay to all those mums whose bubs have had such excellent weight gains - good on you!

roya - welcome and congrats on the arrival of your beautiful little girl!

kirsten - DD can be lazy too and falls asleep at the bb. It takes so long to change her, wake her up and get her to finish her feed when she falls asleep all the time! Plus, I think she just finds it comfy lying there on the bb and would rather like to stay there all night! I hope your csection heals up soon!

I had a horrible night with DD last night. She had a sticky eye yest and maybe also a bit of a cold and everytime she fed she would pull off straight away and scream at the top of her lungs. She was obviously hungry and kept latching on but something was up and she would just keep pulling off again! Anyway, we finally got through the night with v little sleep and she is a little better today. I just hate when you know something is wrong but you don't know what and you can't help! She had me in tears I was so upset that I couldn't help her. Mum is coming over in a bit so I can have a sleep, thank goodness.

Just wanted to write about the flaxeed oil - I take it anyway and didn't know it helps with supply - but it could help, as I have a huge supply, was a b cup before pregnancy and am a leaky double D now! And given Jordans massive weight gain in 6 days maybe the flaxeed has something to do with it? I'm making HEAPs and I use the nipple shields all the time..?

Good morning everyone!

Hope everyone got some sleep? We didn't do too bad; he skipped the 10 o'clock feed and went from 7 straight through to 12!! Hopefully we'll get more of those nights....

Bun - thanks for your feedback on the breastpump question. I am looking for a manual pump because I will only use it occasionally either to boost my milk production or to give DP a go at feeding. Good to hear that it is possible to get good results with a manual pump.

We are going to the first mothers group session this morning; will let you know how we go!

Have a great day everyone!

Esther

Well, my midwife yesterday was worried about Bry's weight gain, as he'd only gained 60gms in a week. Untill we worked out he'd not been fed yet and had been weighed after feeds last few weeks. So I fed him one side and he was 100gms heavier hehehe. He then decided to try to put out the fire on the lounge. He wizzed right across the loungeroom floor hehehehehe. He's doing well and seems much bigger than last weeke even so she's happy with his progress. But I have to wake him every four hrs to feed (occasionally he sleeps 6hrs during the day, but is very unsettled at times during the night, so we are trying to turn that around). He's still getting bad wind, but we are working out how to help him.
    Glad to hear a lot of u r doing well with weight gains on their bubbas. And I might have to get some flaxseed tabs....
    Anyway, sorry to all I have missed and sorry this is such a brief post and mostly about me. But the girls are having lunch atm and being messy.
    Love and hugs to all....

Smile

Hi, finally made it back. Hope everyone has had a good day.
    My DD has put on 300g in a week and is now 4.6kg and out of 0000's!!!!! Very happy. My DS's weren't her weight until about 7 or 8 weeks but she was much heavier at birth.

Esme -- hope Mothers group was OK. I made some great friends at Mothers group 4 1/2 years ago it was really nice to go and watch all the babies develop.

Katkins -- Sophie has had a few unsettled nights and does like to sleep during the day. It would be nice if they had a switch you could flick to turn them around. Sophie has had some nice awake time today so I am hoping for a better night tonight.

Hi to everyone and sleepy vibes to all babies to let the Mum's have some sleep.
    Sue

Hi me agin,
    have finally had a chance to post some photo's!!
    let me know what you think.
    Sue

Sue - she's gorgeous!

Hi ladies,

Jake was a great boy today. The last few morning have been pritty trying on the stress levels with having 2 hourly feeds, and he wasnt sleeping much. I actually had some time to do some extra house work today.

Bun, It took Tara quite a while till her blonde hair came through. I think it took until she was at 6-8 weeks.

katkins, I was told by my health nurse that bub will have longer breaks between feeds soon. At the moment we are feeding every 2 -2.5 hours, and will reach every 3-4 hours soon. I remember Tara being painful till 6 weeks with sleeping and feeding.

Esme, I love it when they miss a feed. You lucky girl.

all girls, I think it would be great at your house with all the hand me downs. I just love picking out girls clothes. Boys have not much to choose from at the shops compaired to girls.

Carley, I couldnt wait to move in our new house when we had Tara. Once I found out we where having a girl I painted a big pink feature wall in her room, and planned out all the decor.

Oops bubs crying, Sorry I will finish all the personals later.

bye

Sue, What a happy family. You have 3 cute kids there, and 2 very happy looking pairents.

She is beautiful Sue! And so are your boys.

Just a quick note before tea...
    Mothers group was great; 6 other mothers with bubbies ranging from 4 weeks to 3.5 months. We had a good 1.5 hours talking about our pregnancies and labours and our babies. It's all boys though.. only 1 girl! Feb 08 must be the month for boys!! We put Jasper on the scales (this time with clothes and nappy) and he was 300g heavier than last thursday, so I'm happy with that. We can actually finally see his skin filling out and he is developing a double chin and fat rolls!!

OK, teatime!

Wishing everyone good sleep vibes!!

Esther

Sueby - love your pics! What a beautiful little girl you have - congrats!

2 please - I just had a look at your pics too - they are gorgeous! It will be interesting to see if my DD ends up with light hair or stays dark like her daddy!

ash - LOVED reading your birth story. Good on you, you did a fantastic job!

esme - glad to hear mothers group went so well. I found it really helpful to be able to talk about the birth and pregnancy with a group of women who have also recently been through the same thing. And yay on the weight gain! DD now has about three chins and some massive fat rolls - little chubby bubbies!

katkins - DD is also having a bit of trouble with wind.

Well, I just went up to the shops on my own and everything went well. Had a feed before we left and DD stayed asleep the whole time, no worries. But then, when I was getting her out of the baby bjorn and into her car seat, I dropped her! I am such a bad mother. I had one hand supporting her and the other undoing the strap on the baby bjorn and she suddenly did this sudden jerk she does sometimes in her sleep, and she propelled herself out of the side of the baby bjorn I had just opened to get her out! Luckily I caught her, but not before she was heading straight for the bitumen! Gave me quite a scare, but I don't think she even noticed...

THe factory settings on my baby seem to be out of whack. The internal clock seems to be set for AM instead of PM. He sleeps all day and then wants to play all night! Do you think if I returned him to the factory they could reset the internal clock?

He hasn't fed much at all today and I have had to express twice just to get my BB to feel comfortable. I tried to wake him up and he wouldn't. Even with DS and DD screaming and crying next to him, he still wouldn't wake up! I hope this changes soon. Late night TV really sucks!

Looks like almost everyone has sorted out their BF problems. Lots of nice big weight gains! But then most of them are boys, and they are notorious for being gutses.

Hope everyone is doing OK. Amazing how quickly you can fall asleep when you know you have to be up in 2 hours for another feed!

Will try to do a few personals

Sue - she's soooo gorgeous!!!!

esme - glad your mothers group was good. i cant wait for mine, it hink it's happening in april

karlie - hehe well done jake.

bun - dont worry, it happens. i dont think they notice, they are so relaxed that's why they dont seem to get hurt as much.
    the other day, i was sitting on the sofa and Steve passed Laxman to me, and i dont know what happened but we both missed and he fell on his back onto the sofa, just next to me. I almost died. I cried!
    re - your post abt bub looking different, hehe, when i was in hospital, ppl would look at me if laxman was mine. most would ask what nationality his father was. i know he didnt look like my son but i didnt like the fact that ppl doubted he was mine. right now he looks more anglo-saxon and not so much of ethnic indian. im sure as he grows up he will turn more olive. he's still my boy!!

Steve now thinks we should spell his name Lakshman instead of Laxman as it will reduce confusion of how it's pronounced.. poor bub, his name is yet to be finalised!

kirsten - PMSL that's hilarious!!!!! let me know how to reset their clock, bub's been doing the same.. sleeping all day. hopefully he behaves at night!

Prama just love your little man's name, even if it isn't finalised, so much goes into the naming it's amazing. I get people asking if my girls are from different fathers cos they look quite different, even if they were as if you would ask, some people don't know when to shut up!

Kirsten, that is so funny!!! wouldn't it be nice if it was that easy? One of my girls was a 2-3 hourly feeder up until she was 1, especially through the night i tell you that was a long year! And now the bugger hardly eats anything.

Bun, that would have given you a scare how funny she didn't even notice, slippery little things sometimes, i have a fear of tripping over kids toys while holding bubs.

2 please, yep lots of pink in my house, i gave away all my baby clothes last time so it was actually nice buying baby stuff again, i never needed anything after DD1 cos i had so much. The girls are worse than me though DD1 wanted to go to the shops to buy 'hair accessories' for Summer hehehehe would be good if she had a bit more than bum fluff.

Sorry if i left anyone out, brain power is fading fast.. Had a very busy day again, had to go to the hossy for newborn hearing test, to be weighed by MW and finally have a check with the Dr, was meant to go to GP and the a**hole Dr i saw had a hissy fit saying it's not his responsibility and really carried on like a jerk so i walked out wouldn't let him touch her after that. But anyway she has only lost 30g since birth so i was very happy with that seeing as though she only had a few feeds in the first 2 days, she just wouldn't wake up and when she did she wasn't interested at all.

BF is finally going great, MW really got on top of our attachment from the beginning and the initial grazes i have are already healing.

I think the couch is calling me..

Trina xox

Hi all,

My son Oliver Michael was born 16/2. I wasn't part of the due in feb thread, but I hope you don't mind me joining in here. I was more active elsewhere during my pregnancy but since bubs was born it seems its all about schedules, Tizzie Hall, and controlled crying which is doing my head in so I've been looking for somewhere a bit more baby-led.

Oliver is fully breastfed - I've been very lucky and not had much difficulty at all. It was very painful in the first week and I had a graze on my right nipple but both the graze and the pain have now passed. My midwife said I should be feeding from one side per feed and making sure Oliver drains it, which is what I've been doing and it seems to be working well enough. Weight wise he never lost from his birth weight and he on Tuesday he was exactly 4kg (up from 3.34kg at birth).

He gets a bum change half way though which wakes him up so he finishes eating. He takes ages to feed though, he is still taking up to 45 mins each feed (down from almost an hour last week). He gets windy and needs burping after every feed.

I've got a Avent Isis manual pump which works well enough. I just use it to empty the breast which isn't used first feed in the morning as it feels like it will explode otherwise. I generally wake up soaking wet in the morning which sucks - sleeping in a bra is so uncomfy but the breastfeeding singlets aren't holding the breast pads in.

He sleeps pretty well at night - likes a feed about 3am and about 6am. Day sleeps are another story, Oliver cat naps a lot. But as long as he is sleeping at night I figure cat napping in the day isn't a problem.

Hope you are all well, and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Leebee - Welcome!! And congrats on the birth of Oliver! Well done on sticking with the breastfeeding . I hope his feeds get a bit faster for you soon.

Trina - sorry to hear about your experience with the doctor. Congrats on the BF improvements, makes things so much easier...!

Prama - i love your son's name, it is so beautiful!!!

Kirsten - Alexander was backwards the first few days he was home - he would have a six and then five hour feed gap in the daytime and then cluster feed between 4 and 7am. It was driving me batty so i started to wake him up for 4 hrly feeds during the day, and managed to get him to have a small cluster early evening... He's now feeding roughly 4 hrly but will sometimes go 5-6 overnight. Slowly getting there, hope things improve for you soon...

Bun - thanks for reading it!! It was quite the marathon so i really appreciate it. It felt so good to get it written out and i love how i feel like im right there every time i read over it. You are not a bad mother! Tut-tut!! These things happen sometimes, and no harm came of it so everything is alright. You'll just know to have a tighter hold next time.

Esther i'm hearing you on the fat rolls - i can see Alexander filling out his skin already!!!

Karlie - poor you with the two hour feeds I hope it settles soon

Kerrie - pmsl @ bry wizzing across the lounge. Alexander had a scream right through his bath the other night, the only thing that was relaxed was his bladder - he peed all over anthony - and his bowels - he decided to poo while i was cuddling him, drying him in the towel. It went allllll over his feet... so i just had to put him in the bath again... Ahhh

Roquen - How are you settling in?

I finsihed my birth story, it came to in excess of 5000 words, but i didn't have the patience to make it forum friendly so it's very, very long!! I also have some pics of alex up - most of them are still the post-birth pics but ill try get some new ones up now.

Many sleepy baby vibes to all the tired mummies and daddies.
    xox

Hi everyone!

Settling in well here thanks :-) We are doing night time feeds at 8pm, 11, 2am and then 6am at the moment. So pretty much on 3 hourly all the time give or take an hour sometimes. Got him to feed on one side without the nipple shield today again so getting closer to our goal of not using it at all! It definitely hasn't slowed my supply, I have soooo much its crazy. Am thinking about starting to express after a feed (we do about 10 mins each side per feed now) and freezing some excess for if I ever have to duck out etc. Just got to sit down and figure out how you do it all safely and how much to do each time and so on!

We had a near miss with Jordan yesterday too - had some olive oil (few drops) in his bath as per middie instructions and he did one of those jerks just as we were getting him out, caught him on the way but he nearly bumped his head on the edge of the bath!I was so upset but we have learnt a lesson that he can jump at any time! He has gotten so strong the last day or two and is really looking around a lot!

Will try and post some pics in the gallery today!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast