Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #2

Congrats Danda! I have 20 stitches from a big episiotomy and forceps so I feel your pain sweety xxxox

thanks for the feeding times, i feel better as we seem to be doing similar!

hey girls,
    if I remember correctly, they are meant to put on anything from 150gms a week.
    I know everything is so confusing. For me even.
    Had the midwife come see me again today cause Bry had only put on 60gms in a week (before his feed, after his feed was 160). Anyway, we re-weighed him and in 3 days, he'd put on 120gms so he's doing well.
    I'm sorry to hear about the unsettled nights. I've had the same problems. Last night it was every 2 hrs he fed. I'm buggered and Dh goes away tmw to UK for a week so I'm a single mum for a week. Not sure how I will cope, but I am sure I will.
    Love to all......kisses to all the bubbas

The LC told us they are supposed to put on 20g a day.

Lakshman sometimes feeds every 3 hrs, and sometimes falls so fast asleep during his feed, he wont wake up for me. Then wakes up in an hr hungry again....
    Sometimes he's good and other times it's all over the place, and then my anticipated 30min stolen sleep time vanishes into thin air..

Prama, summer does that too at the mo, she fed so often yesterday and then today she has been asleep most of the day and bb's are so full. Every time i have fed her today she falls into such a deep sleep and nothing wakes her up. I'm probably due for a night time full of snacking now!!! With DH away i had her in bed with me this morning.

DD1 got christened tonight, Summer had a nice chuck all over her, was quite funny.

Congratulations Danda, i have a leap baby too, apparently at my hossy the labour rooms were full during the day (9 rooms!) so luckily Summer came late that night or i would have had her in the hallway hehe.

My goodness Jacki very good weight gain, he must love his bb.

Hope we all get some sleep tonight xoxox

I hear all of you guys on the sleep thing. Last night was particularly shocking as bubs is still all over the place regards feeds and sleep. It got to a point where I fed him from 2:30-3:30am and put him down and he didn't want to sleep. I had had 2 hours and was exhausted. DH suggested we let him scream a bit to wear himself out and hopefully settle to sleep. After 10 minutes I couldn't stand the crying anymore and screamed at DH that I couldn't listen anymore and that he must be a heartless [email protected] to be able to lie there and snooze with that going on (still a bit hormonal I think!). I got up and fed him for a further 30 minutes and he slept until 8:30 when DH gave him a bottle of EBM. He downed 80ml and slept until 12:30! Any one have any idea of how to reset their clock (without letting them scream?)

Prama - try not to get too stressed out with the whole BF thing. You need to do what is best for bubs AND you! No point having a BF baby and having a mum that is tearing her hair out and stressing. You have to enjoy this time with them while they are so small, cause they don't stay that way for long. I admire you for trying so hard, and even a little bit of BM is better than nothing.

Anyway, might try and get to bed early tonight. With the little man not keeping to a strict timetable yet, it is hard to say when he will wake up!

Good luck to everyone and may our babies have a better nights sleep than they did last night!

sorry that was 28g a day not 20.

Trina - bub seems to only fall asleep when we lie him on the bed next to us. He cries for ages in his bassinet otherwise. It's like a switch when we take him to bed, then we put him back in the bassinet.
    Some ppl say you should make them sleep in their bassinet only and not take them to bed, not just beccause of SIDs but because it becomes a habit. I dont know, at this stage we just want him and us to be asleep.

Wonderful weight gains girls! wow, they grow so fast. I wish I could give Lakshman some of my preggy weight!

Kirsten - thanks, hun xoxox. DH manages to sleep thru his cries sometimes and I wake up at the slightest whimper.. that's mothers, eh? It's so hard to hear them crying and crying..Bub does that now, put him down and he cries and cries, and as soon as we pick him up, butter wouldnt melt in his mouth.

Here's hoping bubs' sleep at least for 4hrs tonight.
    It's the weekend and means nothing to me, LOL

Was it someone in here that said the vibrating rockers were good for wind???
    Bit too good IMO, LOL, Alexander had a spew everywhere after i put him in it tonight. And then three huge burps. Maybe the spew was just because he's a guts (is 120ml normal for his age??? and he feeds in like ten mins too) & might do the trick for his burping, who knows

Ash - amount per feed, there's a formula: xkg X 150/no of feeds per day.
    I hope he's ok! he was shaken not stirred!

Thanks Prama - i worked it out last tuesday and he should be having roughly 90ml per feed off that weight, guess i will see this week again with the weight check at the MCH centre. Ill just be more careful with the amount of EBM i put in a bottle, otherwise he gutses the whole lot and i suspect that's why he spewed so much...
    Thanks again!

It can become a habit Prama but they are only little for so long and they grow out of it. Tahnie still comes into our bed sometimes and she is 4.5 but if i am too tired or want lots of room i just take her back into her bed. I love it you get lots of cuddles. This morning i had Codie, Tahnie and Summer all in bed with me all sound asleep, i couldn't stop looking at them all hehehe.

Summer was a little angel last night, went to bed at 9.30 woke at 2.30 then 7am and is still asleep. It makes such a difference when you get a good sleep, i doubt it will last so am making the most of it.

Hope you all had a decent sleep too xoxox

Thanks for the suggestion girls, I went out today with a friend and I found these alarm things that you put on your door or window and when the magnet seperates either an alarm or a chime will go off. I picked up 2 one for the front door and one for the patio door. Now all I'll have to do is remember to turn them off during the day and then turn them back on at night. I might just get one for the kitchen window for security purposes too. I looked on line and it said that sleepwalking usualy occures in children 5 to 12 so Cree's a year ahead of her time. But as far as causes are concern it says it usualy comes down to fatigue, loss of sleep or aniexty. All 3 make sence since Zoey's now in the picture. Hopefully this was a one time deal. Other than that Zoey we're doing okay just lossing our minds on school days lol. hope everyone is doing well!!!!

We're taking Lakshman to his doctor now, he's having a lot of phelgm and sounds so bad at night.
    He was very good last night, had his feed at 10pm and didnt cry when he went to sleep. I woke up at 2.30 to see if he wanted a feed but he was still fast asleep. He woke at 4!! What a bonus. we had like 5 hrs sleep, tho i kept waking up to see if he was ok. but still!! then woke up at 8.

Will be back for personals.. lots of love

Trina - you're right, it's so wonderful to have him in bed, it makes me feel so maternal. *sigh*

Hi Girls,

Prama -- 5 hours sleep well done!!!

My MCHN says a weight gain of 150g per week is what to aim for!!

Had a good girl sleeping last night went down at 9pm slept till 1am and then woke at 5.30!!
    Pity that i had food poisoning and was up with vomiting and diarrhoea all night after the 1am feed. Had to get DH to give her a formula feed at 5.30 and Now DH is vomiting.
    If only I could get some sleep

Sue

Sueby, oh no! So sorry you and DH are sick.....
    good thing Sophie slept well last night...

Hope get better soon, hun. xoxox

Prama - How did you go at the doctors today? Hopefully everything ok?

Had the best night sleep last night! Jasper had his upset period from appr. 7 til 9, then, after a feed, off to bed and he slept until 2.20! From 2.20 he slept til 6 and then 9.30; so we got a very good sleep! Makes all the difference... Hopefully he'll keep this up. So far so good, the last three nights have been similar. The only negative is that he has a definate upset period in between 7 and 9; crying of the top of his lungs and nothing seems to settle him. But if he sleeps so well overnight I am prepared to put up with that!

Little boy crying... got to go!

Hi guys,

prama - I hope DS is ok. DD used to fall asleep a lot during feeds, I found changing her half way through helps sometimes, but other times nothing works!

Jacki - I was wondering how you were doing. I also have trouble sleeping a lot of the time - too many things to think about! And what a big bubby - that is a massive weight gain! I think DD has put on nearly that much since she was born too, but she was only 3.4kg at birth, so probably around 4.4-4.5kg now. It is amazing how fast they grow!

hi danda - yay on a leap year baby! I hope you are healing up ok - ouch!!

katkins - glad to hear Bry is doing well.

sueby - I hope you are feeling better.

esme - woo hoo on such a good night's sleep!

Jen - how are you going?

I think DD must have had a cold or something, as after being absolutely horrible for three days, she is herself again and I am getting some sleep! She is now managing a 4 to 5 hour stretch at night and is usually pretty easy to get down after her other two night feeds, so I think she is starting to understand day and night. I also discovered saline drops for blocked noses after a particularly difficult night - saved my life! It is amazing how much better you feel after a good sleep - like a whole new person. We have also had a couple of smiles lately which is just beautiful!

Thanks Girls - DS is ok, looks like congestion only in his nose, not chest etc so that's good. We're going to continue giving him saline drops and try to suck out some phelgm. Poor bubba.

Bun - glad she's ok and sleeping well!

Esme - glad bub's sleeping well too.

Looks like bubs' are starting to sleep longer. hope it lasts for a while!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast