Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #2

Ambah - congrats on the BF in public.

I haven't managed it yet. I am finding it quite daunting. It sometimes takes an hour to feed by the time I do one side, burp, nappy and then other side - do you still do the same when out in public or just offer one side and leave the nappy on ????

Ive breastfed in a parents room, but not yet conquered the real "public" yet. As i don't nappy change in the middle of a feed i havent had that issue and i only feed one side.

another quick question for you ladies

Is anyone using Infants Friend or Infacol or another other unprescribed remedy for wind ??

My poor little one has been so unsettled today. He seems to be getting a fair bit of wind and bringing up milk after feeding.

He was sleeping though more than one sleep cycle during the day but not today - awake after aroudn 40 minutes of getting him to sleep - actually resorted to a dummy today !!! He has been so good and now the day from hell ! Hopefully growth spurt that will pass .

Ambah - woo hoo! congrats! I'm still not confident to feed in public. i only did it in the car for a short while.

Jacki - i was thinking the same thing.. i dont know the ones you named, I only know gripe water. can you use that?

Ash - i havent even got that far. I seem to rush home to feed him.. it's hard for me cos i have to use a nipple shield and then top up w formula. ive taken EBM with me and given it to him while at the doctors. then im thinking i have to rush home to express cos my boobs are starting to hurt and i cant miss it else my milk wont increase...

Jacki- We have infacol. I have used it a couple of times and she seems to burp/spew with it. I have found that she is burping better now without it. But I have it there for backup anyway.

i have infacol but im not a fan. it makes him burp wonderfully, but makes the bottom end wind so much worse. because instead of him being able to slowly work it out himself, or have a bit of a scream and then dropping off back to sleep, he'd then have pains for an hour or more and he's only happy if he's being cuddled and massaged.

Prama - ikwym RE expressing! In the first two weeks I actually had to bring my pump & bottles with me... as I don't have a car during the day, I can't rely on public transport to get me home quickly, so I have had to express in the parents room a few times, which is a bit weird, LOL

so sorry ladies but we've all been sick here even little zoey so i haven't had a chance to read the posts. just wanted to let you all know that we are still kicking and i think about you guys everyday!!!!

Hello Ladies,

I had a chance to read some of the posts. So sorry for the me post up there but Zoey just woke up. I swear she waits for me to start relaxing then wakes for a feeding.

ashnant - i still count the parents room as public!!! good for you some ppl won't even do that. i had to BF in McDonalds today with a pillow and a blanket. i don't know how my bff did it she used to be able to BF without anything at all and noone could see anything at all.

Ambah - i almost gave up on BF it was pretty bad i cried in the car all the way from the home one day. then decided after BF and almost crying due to the pain to get the bottle and formula. then Zoey decided that she didn't like the bottle and only my boob would do. so she's forced me to stay positive lol. the pain is getting less and less, she doesn't bring me to tears anymore and the blood on the boob pads is getting less frequant now to. but i can't go without a bra lol.

gotta go zoey wants the boob, will post more later.

Default The queen of sickness

Hi girls,

Sorry I have been gone so long, but Jake has had a tummy bug.

ashnant, Jake & Tara both had a cold before 6 weeks. Its so hard to relax when bubs is not well. I have been stressing for the last 4-5 weeks. Try using a room vaporizer with just water in it. I also angled up his bed so his head was higher than his feet. I dont know if someone has already told you this, but I thought I would say it just incase no one has.

Prama, How are ya going? Have you bought any bargins for bub lately? I went to DFO and got some great tops for this winter. He's going to look so cute.

Jacki, I use a special bottle, but thats no help to you. I found the drops not all that good. It wouldnt hurt to give it a try. At least Infacol smells and tastes good.

Jen, How's things at your house? Is bub handling the heat well?

Ambah, expressing is so time consuming. How's does the little guy handle the waiting game for mummy and bub's feeding?

Marie, How's Cree going with Zoey? I feel bad at times, like I should be spending more time with Tara. Its hard when bub's is sick and wants you all the time. Tara loves Kinder. Hows Crees dance lessons?

Esme, Jake sleeps stacks through the night, he sleeps for 3.5 - 4 hours. During the day is every 3 hours. I was the same as you a week ago. I just streched out his feeds during the day and feed him a little more each feed. Its hard to get anything done with 2 hourly feeds. It gets very depressing.

All is going well now. Jake has big smiles on his face now, and feeds every 3-4 hours. Im starting to get a life back now. Im taking some photos today with my SLR camera today. Ive got a big black sheet and doing some nakid shots of him in a snuggled ball. Im also painting a canvis for his jungle themed room too. The uni degree is finally coming in handy.

Take care girls, I really missed you all

XXxx

I just posted a current photo of jake. His getting big now.

:PI just posted a current photo of jake. His getting big now.

Hi girls,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Thinking of all the mums with sick bubbies; hopefully they'll get better very soon!

Jacki - I noticed with Jasper's wind if I let him kick his legs on the floor he is much more relaxed and gets rid of a fair bit of lower belly wind. I know this doesn't help in the middle of the night though, just have to keep up the massaging... I have tried Brauer Colic Relief (all natural) didn't work for us, but I have heard some positive things about it. I bought the book 'Baby Love' written by Robin Barker. She basicly said that they are not really in pain, just getting used to the new sensations in their bellies...

2please - How do you stretch out Jake's feeds? Jasper goes off his head if we don't feed him the second he wants it and doesn't stop until he's drinking! He had a good night again last night with two 4 hour stretches, so hopefully he's settling down again. And what a beautiful little boy you have! They change so quick don't they?

I better go have some lunch before little man wakes up...
    Hope everyone has a good day!

Esther

Had a rough day yesterday with bubs crying and not staying asleep beyond 1/2 hour. Probably only slept 2 hours all day !
    Slept like a dream last night but now that the sun is up he is back to waking all the time
    I have posted a thread asking for opinions as to whether this behavour is consistent with the "6 week growth spurt".
    What do you ladies think ??

Sorry no personals - gotta go and resettle DS !

Esme, I just keep holding him and sometimes go for a drive.(Car works every time.) As Jake get closer to 6 weeks getting a routine gets easier for me. He hates sleeping at the moment. He just fights it. As for food, he right on time with every feed.(But is grumpy 1/2 hour before.)

Jacki, Yep I agree. As I said to Esme, he just wont sleep during the day. Its either a few little sleeps, or 1-2 bigger sleeps. Not much. 2 or so hours like you said. Very over tired. I will just keep plodding along till we make it to 6 weeks. Then we have teething to think of. ( Oh bummer )

Just quickly, bit of excitement here last night...DS fed at 9pm , 1, 5, 9am.....felt soooooo good this morning!!!!! I know it wont be the same tonight and probably back to his 1-3 hourly sleeps....but at least we know he can do it!!!!

Jacki, Esme, Karli
    - lakshman has had days like that too, when he doesnt sleep during the day.
    But his routine is mostly sleeping all day and then being wide awake from 5, 6pm till night and then he has trouble sleeping. he sleeps so much during the day that his feeding time sometimes stretches out from 3 hrs to 3.5 to 4hrs. and then he has his feed at 8ish 9ish at night and he sleeps till 2,3am. I;ve been trying to get him to have his feed at 10.30 or so so that he sleeps till 4. but because of his day time habit, it's all over the place at the mo.
    I dont want to wake him up to feed cos he will fall asleep halfway, and rather do it by demand. plus, if i have a chance to have a nap, i keep thinking he's going to wake up soon and he doesnt, and im not rested.
    I might go see the nurse at the ECC to see what to do or just let him be.

They keep changing their sleeping habits just to confuse the hell out of us dont they??

Karli - hope Jake is all better now.
    I've bought a few things on ebay. I think being stuck at home at the mo, ebay is my escapism... not good!!
    I'll try to go to the DFO over the long weekend, plus Pumpkin Patch is having a sale too.

Hi Girls, Summer is really windy and unsettled at the moment she loves her cuddles and i love them too luckily but hard to get things done.

Prama i went to pumpkin patch the other day and spent $42 and saved $58, there wasn't too much left but got a few cute things though.

Are some of you dealing with lots of wind with your bubs too? I thought it must have been something i have been eating but not too sure. Has anyone tried infacol or gripe water? I tried it with the other girls and it didn't do much just wondering if maybe it's better than it was years ago.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast