Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #3

katkins - I agree. I reckon DD has been having an 8 week growth spurt. She has been feeding every three hours the last couple of days and I feel like I have no milk left! Hopefully my supply will pick up in the next couple of days. DD is also talking heaps and I just love it!

I was also told that those products dry the skin so I am using curash which seems great and smells nice too!

DD's injections went ok. She screamed just as much when they took her temp than when they gave her the needles! I was sooo nervous taking her there but it really wasn't as bad as I thought. She didn't seem to have any bad side effects either, as she always is cranky and has a sore tummy anyway, so I didn't notice the difference!

Minky - it would be heaven if DD would sleep for two hours after swimming class! I would go every day if it did that, so here's hoping!

Ambah - I hope Eva's needles go ok! Good luck!

esme - lol, we want another bub too at some stage so I am also going to have to get ovet the fear of DTD! Not sure how much longer I can get away with it! Glad to hear DS's needles went ok. I was hoping DD would sleep well that night after hearing that is often the case, but no luck here!

I went to the physio the other day and my whole left side is stuffed. It is so sore all the time from carrying and feeding DD. I am hoping the swimming physio classes will help. We also had our first mothers group meeting on our own the other day which was nice. It's a really nice group of women who all live very close to us and I love meeting new mums in the area - it's a great help. I don't know what I would do without them and you guys to vent to and ask advice of!

Just a quick question, are the 6 weeker bubs heads still a bit floppy? Just checking as I Noahs is and I cant remember when they start to get a lot stronger?

Good Morning,
    hopefully your bubs are still asleep and its only me with my boys awake at the moment!
    Minky -- from about 6 weeks they do develop more neck strength, DD has always had a strong neck but we also give her plenty of tummy time, she was also bigger born 9lb 9oz so I think that makes a difference.

Bun -- Mothers group is really great when you meet with other people you like, I have got two really close girlfriends from my mothers group 5 years ago and I don't know what I would do withou them either.
    Have a good day everyone
    Sue

Hi everyone!!!

Had a busy weekend this weekend, DD's 5th Birthday on Friday, My 31st on Saturday and DH working away on Sunday! (Although Sunday was lovely because it was very quiet around here...lol..)

Had our 6 week checkup last week, all is well!

Sue, thanks for that! DS has always hated tummy time but we are persisting....he has quite a long head (from front to back) , and I need to get him somehow to not lean on either side when he sleeps as it looks quite heavy, hence the flopping forwards..lol.!!

Bun,yep totally agree with Sue about the Mothers group, once you connect with at least one mum, you will have such a great friend, support person!!! Good on you for getting out there and joining a group!

Danda, where do you buy the Weleda products from?

Kat, I hope the projectile spews have settled down??? How is your DH's back?

Esme, oh my goodness a 29 hour trip with a baby!!!! I dreaded doing the 2 hour flight from Perth to here when DD was 6 months old for the first time..lol..you are a braver woman then me!!!!!!

Ambah, how are the poos going ? I hope that your 3 yr old is a happier person!!!

Ash, how is Alexander going??? How did the growth spurt go?

Prama, hope you guys are well...hows the excema?

Marie, how are you going??

Apologies to all of those I have missed, I am about to head out to a dentist appt, am having tooth pains again!! Same thing happened after having DD too....

Hope you are all well!!

Love me

Hi All,

Well, this is the beginning of my first week at home alone with Zoe. Mum was here for the first three weeks and then DH was home for two weeks...now we have to fend for ourselves!!
    I have found feeding and showering/clothing myself has been the hardest to fit in. It was nice having Mum/DH around to bring me drinks/food/tea/the phone when it rings etc.!!! HA HA!!
    I can't imagine how all you mums with other kids do it!! I suppose i'll figure it out!!
    I have tried to sort out a little routine that we are going to do our best to follow. The sad bit is that DH walks in the door just as little Zoe is heading off to bed. It's awfully sad for him!! Hopefully he will cherish his weekends with her and that will make my weekends a bit more restful too.

Minky...i was given the Weleda products as a baby shower gift. The are all natural and are gorgeous too. The person who gave them to me stocks them at her work which is a naturopathy clinic. You could probably also find them at health food shops???

Zoe is 5 1/2 weeks old and at the last weigh in (4 1/2 weeks old) was a mighy 3.3 kgs!!! tee hee....she is so tiny!!

Minky,
    Yep, spews have settled with thickened formula and gavescon. Mind u, if I forget to do it for a few feeds, he cries in pain from the reflux. Dh's back took all weekend to get better, but is ok now. Thanks for asking. How is everything going with u?
    hope everyone is doing well with their bubbas...

minky - thanks, bub's excema is much much better.
    and at 8 weeks his head is still floppy

Hi Danda, how has your week been being just you and bubs?? It does all fall into place once your routines are set, so hopefully it hasnt been too stressful for you! Thanks for letting me know where to get the Weleda products from! Next time we are in Perth I'll check out the health shop!

Hi Katkins, oh what a relief to hear that the vomiting has settled done for you guys! Must be a relief to know that you are helping him! Great to hear that your DH's back is on the mend!!

Hi Prama, thats excellent that Lakshmans excema has improved!!!! I know its nothing compared to excema but Noah has bad cradlecap at the moment, so we are slathering on the baby oil and it seems to be clearing it up slowly, its bizarre as to how thick cradle cap is! Lakshman looks so cute in your photo, he has such a cute face!!

Everything is good here, I think that we have our routines pretty much nearly there *touch wood* I can predict now when he will get hungry and cranky and when he will go down for a sleep! Noah is so much more alert now, I love it!!! I have been watching the occasional baby birthing show on foxtel and it feels so surreal that it was only 7 weeks ago that bubs was born, I cant remember him being that small...lol...

Hope you are all having a great week....TGIF!!!!!!

Just me again!!

Another quick question...has anyone put bubs in thier own room yet?

Minky - ohh bummer about cradle cap.. hope it goes away soon.
    His excema is better.. i just have always be careful.

Esme - have you got the birth cert yet? we're still waiting. Lakshman's getting more alert, so maybe we'll do heaps of photos at home just in case. (cant have too many of those!)
    minky - we'll move him to his room at 6 mths, as SIDs recommend. Plus DH hasnt built his cot yet! Lakshman is still in his bassinet, next to me. it amazes me how his head get closer and closer to the other end! You;re right.. it only seems like yesterday they were so tiny.. sigh

Hi Everyone,

Minky -- yes DD is in her own room but it is very close to ours so we can here her. My boys were in their own rooms from early on but down the other end of the house so I used to sleep on the floor on a mattress when they were unsettled.

Danda -- I am hoping you had a good week with just you and bubs at home. It does feel a bit isolating at times but then time will go so quickly.

Prama -- glad to hear Lakshmann's eczema has improved and you sound like you are doing so much better. Fantastic !!

Katkins -- great to hear also that Bryce has improved!! It must be a relief.

We are going well, my DH took the boys to the monster trucks last night and they had a ball.
    DD and I had a girls night she went to bed at 7.30pm and so did I to read and rest up, it was lovely.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Sue

Good Morning me again,
    Just had to post!!
    My DD had a bottle last night at 8pm and went to sleep straight after and she is still asleep. WOOOHOOOO. She has been waking for a 4am feed but she slept through today. I have been awake on and off since 4am waiting for her to wake and now my two boys are up and she is still asleep!!!!!! WOW.
    Sorry to brag my boys never slept that long until they were over 6 months.
    Have a great day everyone
    Hope everyone is doing OK it has been very quiet in here recently

Sue

Hey Sue, that is great on the sleep! A good nights sleep makes you feel soooo much better doesn't it?
    Ben has been dropping one of his night feeds as well. It is great as it means one of us gets an uninterrupted nights sleep. That was the plan until last night when I was woken at 3:30 by a strange noise. Woke DH who looked out the front window and saw 2 men trying to break into our house! They saw DH looking at them and did a runner, but by the time the police had been and our adrenalin had gotten back to normal and we had checked the doors and windows 6 or 7 times, the sun was almost up. Luckily we have decurity screens on everything so they couldn't get in, and the front door is right next to the bedroom, but still,your mind plays the "what if" game. Scary!j
    Luckily the kids slept through it and we won't tell them about it. Freaky enough for adults without scaring the kids as well.
    Anyway, Ben is wanting to be cuddled again. It is such an effort (NOT!) It is going to make tidying the house a bit hard, but hey, if it doesn't get done, I have a good excuse.
    Hope everyone's bubs are sleeping well. SOunds like routines are in place. A tip from an old hand though.... Just when you think you have the whole routine thing cracked, bubs will change the rules. Just something I have learnt (the hard way!)
    Good luck to everyone.

Crikey Kirsten I would have been wetting myself knowing that two blokes were trying to break into my house!! How scary!!! Thankfully they didnt make it inside your house!!

Sue, thats great that you had a decent sleep last night!!!! We kind of did too, DS had his last bottle at 7.30pm and the next one was 4am!! It feels so weird when they sleep that long!!

Prama, thanks for letting me know about the SIDS recommendations for bubs sleeping alone, I had no idea it was at 6 months! DD went into her own room at 6 weeks, DS's room is opposite ours, so I am seriously thinking about it, at least he is close enough to hear him, he is the noisiest sleeper..lol...

Hi girls,

Hope all is good. Just a quick reply to Prama, no time for personals as DS is very windy/unsettled today...

Prama - re birth certificate; I rang them last week (as it was 7 weeks since we registered him and they said it was going to take 6 weeks to process) and they tell me that it is going to take 3 months because of a babyboom and public holidays!!!! So I told them that we just bought tickets to go overseas based on the six week processing time but they said it is impossible to find Jasper's application out of a few thousand and the only thing they could do is send me a form for a normal birth certificate application as they can be fasttracked. So now I have to fill in this form and include a letter to explain the situation and ask if it can be fasttracked. I have to include photocopies of the tickets to show that we have booked... So it might be a good idea for you to give them a ring too; unless you still have plenty of time of course...

Sorry, got to go... Jasper just doesn't want to settle... Any of you have bubs with wind problems? He strains excessively too; he is not constipated, but does it most of the time when he wakes up. Sometimes it seems that Infants Friend makes a difference, but not always. Today he is just crying and crying. He had one good sleep on my tummy, but after that he has been too unsettled. Hmmm.. it is quiet, he might just be asleep... Some more bellybelly time!!! ....Nope, he just woke up again....
    Last edited by Esme; April 14th, 2008 at 03:54 PM.

Bek H Guest

Default birth cert

hello everyone, im bek, im new to this, kody was born 5th feb, first time mum, very scary and exciting. about the birth cert prama, i actually just got off the phone wanting to see where kody's was and the lady told me it's a max of 12 week's before your sposed to get it! i was originally told 6-8 weeks but the lady said 6-8 week's for processing and then a coupla weeks to be sent out! it's kind of ridiculous i think.

Minky - I cant find where i read it's better for bubs to sleep in the parents room, but i think mostly it's cos the highest risk is till 6mths and if in the parents room you can be more alert. But i went through their website and they talk about baby monitors so must be ok to have them in a separate room. i find it hard to sleep with him next to me cos i wake up at the slightest noise, tho he could be screaming his lungs out and Steve would be fast asleep. And he makes lots of noies in his sleep! But I'd be even more paranoid if he was in another room!

Esme - wtf!! 3mths!! why cant they at least notify us it's going to be delayed! I think we paid by credit card, I'll have to check, maybe i can see if they've already processed payment. We applied later than you, 3-4 weeks ago.
    And we go away mid June. Bugger, we'll ring them tomorrow and see what's happening. Did you send it to Sydney? I suppose it all gets processed in teh same place.. sigh!!

Hello Bek!! Welcome!
    The form says 10 days doesnt it.. thanks for letting me know.. 12 weeks is 3 mths.. bugger.
    Ohhh gorgeous pix of Noah and Jasper!
    Last edited by prama; April 14th, 2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: added bek

Hi Bek welcome to our group!
    I'm sorry you Sydney girls are having trouble getting your kiddies BC.
    Is it just NSW that is so far behind?? I only ask as I got mine within a week!

Well I've been lurking and not posting again...
    Alexander's "growth spurt" has been... wonderful... NOT!
    For the last ten days he's been feeding three hourly (yesterday was two hourly) and all he wants to do is be held. I know i shouldn't complain because i had it easy after birth but I was used to him being an awesome baby, lol!
    He's also a bit reflux-y which isn't helping but it's not too much of a drama. When he's horrible he settles with a bit of Mylanta.
    At last check, 6wks4days he weighed 5120gms (11lb, 4 1/2oz) and was 57cm. So growth has been 1470gms (3lb, 4 1/2oz) and 5cm. I hadn't paid all that much attention until i put some newborn socks on him yesterday that used to be too big that are now at least half and inch too small... they do grow to fast
    In the middle of converting to cloth, but still really nervous about it as i don't know how it's going to go. Such a lot of money at the outset makes it hard to believe that you're actually saving money. That, and I've already cottoned on to the MCN addiction.
    BFing is still going strong, am very proud to be nearing eight weeks... but very sick of the ever growing monster boobs.

Alexander is getting so strong it's amazing... And i'm hanging out for thr first laugh, he's making so many new noises day by day so I'm sure we won't be far off.

Esme - we still have wind/colic problems... doesn't seem to matter how many times i take him off to burp during a feed it still comes out the other end with him screaming a few hours later...

Kirsten - haha yup i know what you mean, DS has just turned his 'routine' back to front. It's so much easier to let him lead at the moment...

Sue - What a wonderful night for your little darling!!

Alright I'm off for now, sorry for teh lack of personals, i'll try and keep up this week!~!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast