Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #4

sue - ive been meaning to post all day.
    thanksfor the wishes, cant believe he's 13weeks already! and congrats to you too!!
    Hope Nicholas is better.

Prama, I love the new pic in your sig....wow looks like you are doing an awesome job with that boy!!! What a cutie!!!!

Hi girls - cant believe our bubs are growing up so quickly.... almost 3 months and to those that have turned 3 months - congratulations for doing a great job...after all our worries we will look back and think that they werent that bad but it was something that we need to go through and learn.

Sue - hope nicolas is feeling better and his temp has gone down - poor bubba.
    Bun - i hear u about placing bub to sleep - i just rock him to sleep than place him down when he is out.. soemtimes he wakes up after 15 minutes and i have to do it all again grrrrrrrrr this morning after a feed i couldnt put joshi to sleep - my hubby held him and tucked him into bed with us and feel asleep until his mob rang than it was all over---back on the boob.

Although my fav time is bath time... i feed, bath and rock him to sleep and he is out cold - well majority of the times... heee

have an awesome day girls...xxx

Hi everyone,
    Nicholas is finally better WOOHOO!!! He is actually eating and playing today which is great!
    I also had a gorgeous present that Benjamin made for me at kinder for Mothers Day -- its a calico bag with his handprints on one side and a painted picture on the other. He was so excited when he gave it to me. AAAWWWW!! I am very lucky
    Have a good day everyone
    Sue

sue - yaayyyy!! so glad nicholas is all better! hooray. how seet of benjamin.. im looking forward to days like that!

minky - thanks hun.. how are things in perth?

esme - we've applied for his passport. i checked it online and it's 20% done. so hopefully we'll get it in 2 weeks.

thinking of everyone! hope you are all enjoying the 3th month. i hear that they change lots in the 4th mth and it gets more challenging.

sydney girls - anyone going to the Preg, baby and child expo this weekend?

Hi Ladies do you mind if I join in?
    I'm Melissa and am from Mandurah in WA. I'm a SAHM and love it!!

Hi Melissa, welcome!!

Sorry I've been AWOL, so busy and exhausted and trying to get life more organised... Alexander is such a gem for me I'm so lucky I just need to learn to organise my time better.

We're getting lots of smiles and chattering and it's all very exciting.
    He weighs roughly 6.5kgs now also.

Hopefully should be back with more frequency now. hope all mums and bubs are well!

Welcome back Ashlea - our bubs sure are getting bigger. I had DS weighed the other day and he is about 7.5 kgs (no wonder my back is killing me!)

Hi Melissa - welcome to the group. Great to have another WA gal on here.

Not too much to report here. DS is being such a delight with his new tricks and laughs and noises. Think he is going through a bit of growth spurt at the moment. He was sleeping somewhere between 9 hours and 11 hours before waking up but has been waking up a couple of times each night for a feed over the last 2 days. Hopefully he will go back to the sleeping through very soon.

Don't know about you guys over East but the weekend was absolutely beautiful here - and there is plenty more of the great weather forecast for this week.

Have a great week

Hahha Jacki - the weather here has been miserable!!!!

Hope Luke starts sleeping better for you soon!

Are you still BFing? I can't remember

Alexander goes roughly 8hrs every night and boy do i know it on the nights he doesn't!!

Hi Ashlea & Jacki, thanks for the welcome.

Ashlea - thanks for pointing me to this thread. Alexander looks like a real cutie. I love the pic of him on your ticker!

Jacki - the weather has been beautiful this weekend. We took the kids to the park to let off some energy hoping they would go to bed earlier.... yeah rite!

Hi Melissa and Welcome, we have a great group of girls here!
    Welcome back Ashlea -- life is hectic and even more so with a bubba!!

The weather here has been awful, raining and cold but we soooo need the rain. Still the boys are getting sick of being inside already and its not even winter.

Jacki -- DD is doing the same -- she was sleeping 12hours and now she is waking up to feed overnight!! Must be a growth spurt

Have a good day everyone

Sue

Ashlea just saw your Avatar love it.
    How do I go about getting one????

quick welcome to Diamond!

will post later guys!
    xoxox

Ashlea - yep I'm breastfeeding. I saw you post in the breasfeeding support thread - congratulations on reaching your goals !!

Sue - I have been reading that at around 4 months their sleeping patterns could change to waking more often to feed during the night as they are just "too busy" during the day to feed properly. Hopefully this isn't the start of it and will pass v.soon.

Hi all,

Welcome Melissa!

Jacki - Jasper is doing the same; he was sleeping from 5.30 pm till 5.30 am, but lately he has been waking up at 2.30 for a feed. To be honest, it is much more comfortable for me, because I am still breastfeeding; I just feed him in his room and 20 minutes later he is back in bed and off to sleep pretty much straight away. He does sleep better during the day now too... he does actually sleep in the afternoon. Is Luke sleeping better during the day?

Prama - We received his passport last week; appr. 3 weeks after application. It is very cute with his baby photo on it; he has changed so much already!

Ashlea - it is so hard to get things done once you have a baby. Everyone becomes a major operation! I already find it a major achievement if I get to go to town with him and get some errands done, or do some housework; especially since he only sleeps for 45 minutes every 2 hours. He is still feeding 2 hourly during the day. Is Alexander feeding 2 hourly too; or does he give you a bit more time?

Sue/Minky/Prama - Love the new pics!!

Jasper is lifting his head up quite well, not for very long yet, but at least it makes him enjoy his tummy time a little more. Went to the MHCN last week; he is 5.61 kg and measures 61 cm; he went from lower 10th percentile in weight to being in the 40th percentile, so I am really pleased with that. I don't think he will be the chubbiest bubby, because he has got very skinny genes from both mum and dad, but as long as he is healthy. Nothing wrong with his appetite, although lately he starts to be distracted while drinking and lets go of the nipple, I have to keep reattaching him. But they say that is normal for 3-4 month stage.

Wish everyone a good day!

Esther
    Last edited by Esme; May 19th, 2008 at 12:42 PM.

Hi all,

Wow Esme, Jasper's sleep patterns are fantastic. Ruby usually sleeps 6hr stretches. She usually off for the night at 7pm and has a 5-6hr stretch and then a quick feed and another 5hr stretch with a final feed and usually up for the day at 8am.

Oh well I must remember that with every breastfeed I'm burning the calories.... although the extra sleep would be nice.

Does anyone have routine for day sleeps?

Routine for daysleeps: when he gets grizzly a cuddle with mum or dad, then off to his room where we put him in his sleeping bag (all the time singing a made up sleepy time song), close the curtains and then we wrap him in bed. Finally a kiss on the forehead and we leave the room. He usually grizzles/cries for about 5 - 10 minutes before settling. Nothing I do seems to stop this crying, so I have accepted it as part of his going to sleep.... it still is very hard to listen to; even though I know he is alright... If I try to keep him up, or let him go to sleep in his rocker or on me, he does the same cry. It is funny, he knows this routine; every time when we start singing it and moving towards his bedroom, he starts up his bedtime cry!
    Last edited by Esme; May 19th, 2008 at 06:41 PM. Reason: typo

quick one so buggered today.

esme - yay for the passport! how long will you be away?
    ours is being processed... online check says it wil be despatched next week.
    thanks! and jasper looks ssssssooooo cute looking at the books/toys (?)

hi jacki, ash, melissa, everyone. will write mor e tom. ive had this window open all day... just got a chance.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast