Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008

I'm Sue's buddy - just about to post an announcement. Sophie Teresa Cornish, 9lb 9oz born on 15 February at 11.17pm. Mum and bub doing well

Jen - glad to hear you got a bit of sleep last night. Things will get better once you milk is well and truly in.

Hi Amber - welcome to the group. Congratulations on the arrival of Eva. The sleepless nights are a real pain in the as... aren't they.

Luke not going too bad over the last day or so. Had a VERY unsettle couple of hours last night (DH had settling him for a few hours between feeds while I slept) but seems to wear himself out and didn't have too bad a night. Managed to get a couple of hours sleep.

Woke up this morning after a good sleep and then fed for only 10 minutes and then back to sleep. This makes me worry that he will be awake for lots of today when he finally wakes properly !

"Tummy Time" - what's the deal with this. Should I be starting a few minutes of this already on the floor with LUke ??? Or is him lifting his head while laying on my tummy enough ??? Not too sure what to do.

Jacki - Have been thinking about the tummy time too; so far Jasper just had some tummy time lying on my tummy or on a towel on the bed after a feed. He seems to be pretty capable of lifting/moving his head when necessary. And hear you on the milk spills; if I take my bra off and wait a little to long before I have hime latched on properly the milk just runs out! Don't have to worry about lack of milk I suppose...

Jenjams - hear you on the stitches! Lucky I got away with a second degree tear after vacuum assisted delivery and had a couple of clots. It has settled down a bit after about a week and a half. Hopefully yours will soon too!

We had a sleepless night last night too; Jasper decided to vomit up all his night time feeds. We went to the doctor this morning who checked him out and basically said that we just have to keep an eye on it. He had put on some weight and keeps down his daytime feeds. Does anyone have any experience with vomity babies? I have to say he is breastfed, and when the taps is on; the milk runs fast and he has trouble keeping up for the first couple of minutes or so.

I am new here, have never posted but have been reading the forums during my pregnancy. My beautiful son Reuben was born on 10/2/08 and I am yet to get more than a couple of hours sleep which I guess is pretty standard. Struggling with milk supply and a very painful 2nd degree tear. Night time is the worst, Reuben wants to feed constantly and gets distressed with wind . My mum had been staying with us to help out and she went home today which is a bit scary. Nothing can prepare you for this but every time he looks into my eyes its all worth it.

Welcome Kelly. I have been pretty much doing it alone since LUke was born as DH has been unable to take time off work. My mum flies in from Sydney on Monday to stay for a couple of weeks - can't wait. I bet you are really missing your mum's help already.

Esme - not having any vomity problems at this stage but really feel for you. It must be frustrating thinking that something is wrong. However if little Jasper is putting on weight (which is the main thing) and happy enough during the day you are 1/2 way there. Maybe one of the other ladies on here might be able to offer some advice.

Ladies - any ideas on what is the 'normal' amount of time for bleeding. My loss is pretty small but still red. Just wondering when it should really ease off ???

Hi Kelly, Ive always had some problems with milk supply, expecally with my first. I just expressed as much milk as I can then top up with formula. Dont let yourself feel depressed about it like I did with my first. It takes away the enjoyment of having a beautiful new bub.

Esme, Jake was a bit of a vomit baby. He had one projectile vomit and after that I was up all night worried. He hasnt done it since (touch wood)

Jacki, My bleeding took 2-3 weeks to drop off. I still have red blood now, and change my liners 2 times a day.(sorry for the yucky details.)

Hi Amber, we both had bubs b4 14 feb. yay.

Hope we all have a good sleep tonight.

Hi girls,
    Amber slept from 4am til 930 am last night. I was beginning to worry that she was sleeping too much so we woke her for a feed. I also worry that she isnt wetting enough nappies... my milk is fully in now. Oh the worries we have!
    Amber has not vomited yet so I cant help there.
    Jacki- I am only at day 4 so the bleeding for me is there. It is red too. Thankfully no more clots.
    Well i have the breast pump going...
    Hope all are doing well today.

Hi guys! I am so glad to have found this group! I wasn't sure if there was one yet.

We are doing ok, not getting much sleep at all, but Catherine had put on 300g at 9 days old, so she is definitely doing well! She feeds like a little trooper and I have so much milk that if I don't have a bra on it just pours out of me. I have ordered a breast pump and will have to start expressing. My boobs are so huge and full all the time!

Catherine vomits a little after most feeds, but is still getting enough to eat so I am not too worried. And there are so many nappies to change!

I had a few grazes that were stitched up and the stitches are really starting to get annoying, although everything seems to be healing up ok.

I finally got around to writing up my birth story the other day but it is 7 pages long! I will have to edit it a little before posting it on here or I will send everyone to sleep!

DH goes back to work on Tues which will be interesting - not sure how I will cope on my own, but mum is coming around to help out.

I hope everyone is doing well with their little bundles of joy

Carley - outstanding effort on such a quick birth and I can't belive you have been out to lunch with him already. The idea of going out at this stage scares the living day lights out of me but guess I have to go sooner or later.

Hi Bun - glad you found us. How was SJOG Murdoch - Subi was fantastic

Luke has periods of being really good and then periods of been realy awake - unfortuantely between 3 and 6 this morning. He has just had a couple of hours sleep and has started again - back to the dairy !!!

When should some sort of 'routine' start with feeds / sleep do you think ??

Jacki, OMG. Jake is all over the joint with feeds. He's on a eating craze at the moment. I try to feed him 3 hourly, but it's very hard when his screaming for more.

Carley, Wow, you sound like you have really worked things out with bub. I went to the good guys and I left with both kids crying. I am so happy your labour worked out well, you will have to fill me in with the whole story on messanger sometime.
    I recon dad would be happy now with a 50/50 playing ground with 2 girls and now 2 boys in the house.lol

Bun, Hi there. Where you late or earily? Glad to have you in here. I am also a bit worried when hubby goes back to work. Shopping will be fun.(not)

Jen, Those pumps hurt when they start. The first 10 sucks kill. Its like everytime it sucks I bite my bottom lip to stop myself screaming. (mine's electric.) I pump while on the computer all the time.

No one can believe how normal Jakes weight is. He is very long and it makes him look more of a regular weight. He was 11 pounds, but now his more 10 pounds.

Chat later,

Hope we all sleep well.

Hi girls, i'm hoping to join you in here in a few days as my EDD is this Friday.

Carly - i may be just round the corner from you as i'm in Hawthorn too!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. I joined BB a couple of years ago when i was expecting my DD so it's fun to meet a new group with this new baby....whenever he/she decides to arrive!

Hi guys!

2 please - Catherine was 11 days early, but I was induced with high BP, although I suspect she was almost on her way anyway. We managed a trip to the shops today without any trouble, but I still have DH around which makes life a lot easier. Tomorrow he is back to work and I will be on my own! Gees, Jake was a big baby!!

Jacki - we are having the same issues. She decides it's play time at 4am! We are on 3-4 hourly feeds, although more like 3 hourly at the moment, and that seems to be working ok. I really need to start teaching her the difference between day and night though. SJOG Murdoch was great, but there were no double rooms free which was a pain, but DH stayed on a fold up bed most of the time. I would definitely go there again, and will definitely want my OB again - he did such a fantastic job.

Hi to everyone else, I hope you are all managing to get some sleep!

I have been trying for the 3-4 hour feeds but this evening all Amber wants to do is attach herself to me. She is only 5 days old (nearly 6) We have been topping her up with formula every so often and that seems to settle her but I worry she might eat too much.
    We had the midwife out today. Amber has put on 190 grams in 4 days so I guess that is good.
    What has everyone done to get their baby into some sort of routine?
    Tonight I feed her, we wrap her, she then grizzles again and says she is still hungry.... What can we do... Yep I am over tired tonight.

Sorry for the selfish rantings.

I hipe everyone can sleep tonight.

Jen - routine !!! don't make me laugh. My little one is making all the rules and changing them all the time.

Seriously though, Im not too sure if we can expect a routine at this stage - what do you other ladies think ???

Great news on the weight gain Jen - at least you know your feeding and sleepless nights are paying off.

Bun - sorry you didn't get a double room. I had a single for the first could of nights (due to c-section) but then got moved to a double. It was wonderful especially the night DH decided to stay at home - had the whole bed to myself (and Luke !!).

Karlie - what do you do to distract Jake when he is screaming for more food but you are wanting him to wait the 3 hours ???

Hi RoyaUK - looking forward to you joining the group. Good luck for Friday - maybe your little one will be early this time round ?!?

Luke seems to be a lot more settled during the day than at night but I am finding it hard to relax and have a sleep during the day. HOpefully the settled days will shift to nights sooner rather than later.

Braved a quick trip to the shops today - what an event. First time I have used the capsule, first time I have had to get pram in the car etc etc and still sore from C-section. I just about ran around the shops to hurry to get back home again in case he work and cried - I think if he had started to cry and be unsettled while out I would be been nervous/anxious etc etc . I guess it takes a while to gain confidence. Another couple of weeks and we'll all be experts.

Sorry for long post.
    x Jac

Jacki - woo hoo on your first trip out to the shops! I may brave it tomorrow. It seems so silly, but I hate her having a tanty in public and the girl sure can yell when she wants to! I'm the same, it makes me really anxious and nervous. It is so hard timing everything between feeds and then hoping that she doesn't get unsettled for some reason I can't figure out, which she does often. It's been ok having DH with me, but on my own seems a bit scary! You're right - I'm sure soon we will be fine!

Carley - you're doing well with the night feeds! I wish I could get Catherine into that pattern. We are still only managing three hourly feeds day and night, and I still need to figure out why she is so unsettled sometimes between feeds!

jen - it is hard work, hey!! I saw some pics of your gorgeous little girl on facebook - what a cutie!! Amber has put on a good amount of weight, so you must be doing a good job!

I have had a bit of a sore back the last couple of days where the epi went in. I hope it gets better soon, it's the last thing I need with the stitches and everything else! Luckily things seem to be healing up ok now, although I still have a wobble belly!

I hope you are all travelling well and managing to get a little sleep!

Bun xx

My DD will settle in my or DP's arms between feeds but when we put her down she will wake herself up and cry and cry. I dont know what to do to get her to sleep during the day. At nights we seem so far to have a better time of it but I read some babies get the sleep between feeds and my DD just wont do that.

Bun- When your DD is unsettled between feeds, what do you do?

Sorry for the lack of personals.

Carley - i'm just round the corner from Hawthorn train station (takes 6 mins to walk there at the moment and i'm due on Friday!). Where are you?

I realised with my first DD that life for me went easier if i didn't impose a routine on her too soon and just followed her lead.

Whether than meant feeding after 4 hours or feeding after 1.5 hours, that was fine. After all, if i felt hungry or thirsty i wouldn't want someone telling me i had to wait! Quite often she would cluster feed (breastfeeding) in the afternoon/early evening and i would find she slept better getting lots in at the end of the day and would sleep longer at night if she did that so we stopped 'scheduling' her feeds and it worked for us.

We started the 7.30pm bed time routine when she was 8 weeks old and since then it's been pretty successful (she's now 19 months) give or take a few periods of brain development/solids that threw a spanner in the works!

So we're just waiting to see what this new one will be like! due any day now...

OMG - DS slept for 4 hours straight last night !! Its a miracle. I feel like a normal person for once this morning rather than a walking zombie. I know not to get too excited about it and it probably won't happen again for another 6 weeks - but boy o boy was it good to get more than 1 hour sleep.

Has anyone ventured out much. The thought of it still puts the fear of god into me. MIL is coming over today so will stay at home today but tomorrow am going to try and get it together to get to the child care centre and get Luke "weighed in".

Thoughts anyone ??? ...... DH and I have been invited to a wedding next Saturday (1 March). Im not too sure if I am up to going out for a full day with Luke yet. I can't drive due to c-section and DH will be drinking so I will have to rely on my Mum to drive me there and pick me up. I am worried that he if chucks a big said I am kind of stuck there until Mum gets there. Am also worried about BF in public at this stage.
    Am I being silly/not brave enough? Do you think I should go. The wedding is at 4.00pm and the reception starts at 6.00pm

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast