Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born February 2008

I too have been feeding every 3hrs lately. One night it was 2.5hrs on the dot. Boy was that a LOOOOONG night. I have a feeling there is a growth spurt due. I cannot think of any other reason for this change in feed patterns.
    Welcome all girls..... Another princess. How lovely. I bet her sisters love her!
    Prama, it should only take a day or two of persisting to increase ur supply. But everyone is different *hugs* You are so brave honey. U r trying so very hard.... I hope things improve for u soon.

Thanks Katkins - I think Laxman is having a growth spurt too, he's been feeding every 2hrs, 2.5 etc and takes breast milk and then formula. i think my supply is increasing but not sure if it will be enough for him when he goes back to normal. I'll still continue with 40 mins and stop and see if he wants more or is just being greedy. He's also been mucousy and hasnt slept well. We just put some saline nasal drops up his nose and used the suction aspirator to get some phlegm out. it was a relief to see some come out. Joys of parenthood, seeing poo and getting rid phlegm makes you feel good.
    off to see how the nappies are washing.
    hope Bry is doing well. how are his big sisters?

They want to mother him and it's hard to keep them away from him at times, but it's cute to see.
    And yeah, bry's gone to having two boobs each feed, where as last week one was enough. And I expressed off one boob and got 130ml, so he's gutsing atm. It must be a growth spurt. And I hear u on the mucous subject. Bry has alleries/hayfever. He's all snuffly atm. He even coughs up the phlegm. Sometimes he throws up simply cause it irritates his poor tummy. I've been told that there's not much we can do, we could try the saline too, but since it's constant, it wouldn't do much to help him poor mite. He's still feeding well etc, so he's ok...
    I had a laugh yesterday. I had a bath with the girls. It was almost feed time and Jess was playing up, well I was watching her and I felt my let down happen. All of a sudden the water around my boobs went milky. Well poor bry wanted a feed soon after didn't he. I'm not sure how much was left for him hehehe. it Litterally runs out of my boobs.... No wonder he almost drowns at times.

Welcome All Girls - great to have your join the group. 4 girls !!! Bet your DH feels a little outnumbered !

Kerrie - DS has been feeding every 3 hours as well. Not looking forward to a growth spurt. The 3 hourly is wearing me out as it is !!

Is anyone here expressing during the day so DH can give one bottle a day ??? If so, how are you going about it ??

jacki, I have expressed a bottle a day for Dh to feed, but as yet, we haven't used them and I throw them out a day later. I do it if he goes more than 4hrs between feeds. I feed him then express afterwards and just see how much I can get. If I need to( if I can't get much after feeding bry), I try again 30mins later and I usually end up with enough for a feed....

Gosh Kerrie - I guess it's better Bry to have booby milk on tap instead of beer LOL.
    It's so cute that your daughters want to mother him.. I'm sure you'll appreciate the help.
    Is early morning the best time to express?
    I tried expressing after a feed this morning, all i got was 10ml

Prama, 10 mls is fine honey. Give it another 30 mins and try again, with bub on ur lap snuggling in. And time of day prob doesn't make much of a difference. I'd say bubs takes most of what u make, so 10 mls is fine straight after a feed. Just keep trying. Have a big drink when feeding too, helps replenish supply. The more u express or feed, the more u should make.... goodluck hon. Laptop dying. BBL later today.

On the feeding/nappy changing routines; we normally change Jasper before a feed because if we change him after, he's likely to vomit. I have to say he is a quick feeder; 10-15 minutes on one side only. My letdown is very quick too, he's got trouble keeping up in the beginning. He usually takes himself off ('milk drunk' too!) otherwise I'll take him off if he is just using the boob as a dummy... If I offer him both breasts, he overfills himself and vomits. Last week he put on 300g, so I don't think we need to worry too much about him not getting enough. We have mothers group this wednesday where I can weigh him again, I really need those weighing sessions to put my mind at ease! Always something to worry about, isn't it?

Time for a new thread everyone

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789