Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008

Gees, it is busy in here - so hard to keep up! The little one is stirring, so I will see how I go...

prama - I wear either a BF top or tight singlet to bed, otherwise I leak everywhere! I don't think it really matters - whatever is more comfy.

ash - it's good to know someone else whose boobs starting leaking before mine - mine started at 18 weeks! I am glad too as I also have no trouble at all with supply, if anything the opposite like you, they leak all over the place!

esme - that's great that DP helps out. I wish I could get more help and more sleep! DH is pretty good but gets impatient pretty quickly and really needs downtime after work which means I don't get much of my own downtime!

jacki - that meetup with other mums sounds great. I don't think Murdoch does anything like that or else I would be there for sure!

jen - that's great that DP had so much time off work. I wish DH had taken more than a week off! I try the leg tickling sometimes too!

Hi to everyone else.

I am starting to worry if I am doing a good job as a mum. I don't know why - I just hope I am going ok! DD gets a leg tremor sometimes - has anyone else experienced that? The CHN commented on it yest and now I am paranoid that there is something wrong!

Must run, bubs is screaming...

Oh, forgot - I also finally posted my birth story!

Bun - DH helps heaps, everything except bf, he helps to FF. But the downside is that it's going to be hard when he goes back to work next week.

I know what you mean abt feeling if you're doing a good job as a mum. I went thru that when bub lost too much weight, like it was my fault and i hadnt been feeding him properly. But i think it's just natural to worry, after all, all this is new to us. We've had no training, and we can only do things one day at a time and we're learning on the job.
    If you're worrying about doing a good job, that already means you're a good mum, if you didnt care, you wouldnt be worrying.
    Take care hun.. I'm sure you're doing your best, just all of us, and we'll get better day by day.

Prama - I'm really surprised to hear that, but thanks for the tip (on the LUX) i will keep an eye on them. It's just i got a lot of hand-me-downs from my aunty from her two boys and she washed everything in LUX and they're still in excellent condition, which i why i was giving it a go. Guess i'll see what happens otherwise might try something like the omo sensitive.

Bun - I forgot to answer your question the other day - Anthony helps when he can! He normally does the nappy change & awake time after work - but mostly so i can cook dinner or shower! He has sleep apnoea so with the extra lack of sleep at the moment he's really out of it, so im not getting him to do too much at night, and as such i just have a change mat, nappies and wipes next to my bed and i don't have to get up at all. He just flicks the lamp on for me when im feeding! He's really keen to do a lot more on the weekends - but we haven't had one yet so i'll see what happens. He's also taking Wednesday's off work for the next few weeks.
    Had a read of your birth story - thanks for sharing! Have to get around to mine before i forget...

Our First Trip Out...
    Well i decided to take a quick trip out today. Weather was warm enough and it wasn't too windy so i figured we'd go and pay the rent at the bank and pick up a few things from the shops. Well...
    Firstly, i see that i have NO IDEA how to work my pram... after half an hour of fiddling i finally get it sorted. Then the tyres are flat, so i'm waddling around the sged trying to find the bike pump, which of course i also have no idea how to use... . Finally get that figured out, at which point i can't find my pram bag & then when i FINALLY found it... bub wakes for a feed.
    So we have a feed, and i put him back to bed, then figure out how to get the pram outside and down the two front steps. Bubby goes in no problems and we start our trek to the shops. The rest of it went mostly smoothly, except, well, by the time we left the bank had closed and i didn't realise & how the heck do you do any shopping if you're taking a pram?!?!?!!!! I had one green bag type thing but they're just awkward to carry over the shoulder and push the pram home. Oh, & then my silly small town supermarket don't carry the pads i wanted anyway.... argh!
    All in all it was a success, Alex was pretty quiet, had a bit of a grizzle with wind while we were at the supermarket but nothing too dramatic.
    So i have conquered the supermarket trip, wooohooo!
    Last edited by The[cookie]Doctor; February 29th, 2008 at 08:54 PM.

Just popping in to say hi everyone! We came home today and just can't stop looking at our little man!

Jordan was born on Tuesday afternoon, 3.2kg. Will post some pics in the gallery soon!

hope everyone is going well. We had some BF issues due to jaundice and him being really tired, plus my nipples not being well, big enough for him to latch on to! We are using a nipple shield and he is feeding SO well its amazing!

Will be back soon to read up on all these posts and talk more!

Welcome and Congratulations Roquen!!! So great to see you in here!!

Ash, good on you for getting out of the house today with Alex!!! It will get easier!!

We had a trip out today too, Noahs first time in his pram, we left after a feed and he ended up throwing it all up at the shops, it was even coming out of his nose!! We have since had another vomit, a projectile whilst in his cot, ended up all over the floor...lovely! Rang Ngala tonight as I am a bit concerned, he gulps down his milk, so we are thinking that may be the problem, will have to watch him over the weekend!!

Question : Has any one started thier bubs with a dummy yet?

Good morning ladies,
    The birds are chirping coz the sun is just rising. It's still hard to get use to hearing that.lol. It's like the old camping days when I was a kid.

Ash, I was worried about being a good mum for my first baby. My sister was one of those people who made you feel nervice coz she would watch you so closely. I just felt so judged by her, and I still do. Im sure you are doing fine. Just watch the news or a current affair and that makes you realize how good a pairent you really are.lol.

Prama, I hated wearing bras at times too, but it does leave mess the bed sheets. Im really sick of washing and ironing at the moment. Vomit and urine end up on everything his wearing or on top of. (Oh well, we might as well add the sheets too.)

Roquen, Goodluck with the breast feeding. My nipples got chomped to bits. Hope to hear from you more soon.

Minky, DS hates the dummy. Unless it had food in it forget it. My DD was a dummy lover and had 1 in each hand when she slept. It was a big drama when she was 2.5 years old and tried to get them off her.

Esther, I am on bottles now with DS and I found Dr Browns bottles from Toys R Us fantastic for stopping wind,choaking and vomiting. If you need bottles they are the go for sure. DS was having problems with wind and choaking. Now its hardly a problem at all.

Jackie, Jakes feeding is every 2-3 hours, and he really cracks it if hes not fed on time.

POW, it looks like Jake has been shot with his hands above his head sleeping.

Finally I think the cold has left the building. 3 weeks of stress of colds which has run through the whole family now. Horrible thing is DH is back to work on Monday, so the whole time he had off was with all us sick.

Chan / Carley, How are you girls going? I hope you are both keeping healthy.

I hope you all can understand what I have typed since Im half asleep and have DD talking my head off.

Must make breakfast now for DD.

Hugs

Karlie
    Last edited by 2 please; March 1st, 2008 at 06:38 AM.

girls girls i've been looking for you all!!! lol it took me a while to find you plus my internet keeps cutting out (so annoying). i've missed you all!! so how is everyone doing??? well i hope and getting into some sort of routine hopefully well Zoey and the rest of us are doing okay still trying to get this breastfeeding down so it doesn't hurt so much. we're doing pretty good i still grinch at the first latch on. it sure is different with 2 now. dh is happy that she's here but is completely tired poor guy i try and let him sleep as much as possible. i don't need him falling off a roof because his wife and 2 kids didn't let him nap. cree's been doing pretty well she's still asking to hold her baby sis and giving her kisses. however when she has a little friend over they tend to forget that there is a baby in the house and get all rialled up and loud. i think it'll be a bit before we have any sleepovers here. well now that i know where to go i'll definately be back. talk to you ladies soon hoping you all get some much needed rest

Marie, Oops, sorry mate. I didnt know you you lost us. Glad you found us though, I was wondering if you gave up on the BB forums.

Cree sounds just like Tara. I bet she loves Zoey. (Did I tell you I loved that name Zoey?)

How's Cree's dancing lessions going?

I agree it's very hard with 2 or more kids. Sharing the love is pritty hard to do with a newborn.

2 please - I love that pic of Jake. DD does the same thing when she sleeps sometimes - has her hands over her head, I think she looks hilarious! She also totally loses it if she is not fed on time.

mumyof2tobe - glad you found us!

minky - we have also had a few spews out the nose - not the most attractive look! We have tried a dummy and she will take it sometimes but is not that fond of it yet.

roquen - welcome and congrats!! Can't wait to read your birth story. I'm glad to hear that BF is going well now!

ash - thanks for your comments on my birth story. I wish my DH would help out a bit more. He is ok, but gets annoyed with her really quickly when she is crying and looks at me as if it's all my fault. The he complains that he needs downtime after work (which I do understand), but I never get any downtime at all! And I don't just hand her over to him at the end of the day, still we both look after her and then he sleeps in the spare room and I do all the night feeds/changes on my own. I guess it will take a while to work out a compromise. Good on you for your first outing! It is certainly much more difficult to go out than it used to be!

jacki - I meant to say before DD brings up some milk after most feeds. Sometimes she brings up a lot of milk too!

We had a pretty good night last night and DD is sleeping now, thank goodness. I am a little worried about DH and I - we just seem to be fighting all the time and are constantly cranky with one another. He says he understands that babies cry, but he seems to get so frustrated with her so quickly, and I really need a break sometimes.

Hi Everyone,
    We are having a lovely sleepy day today. YEAH!!! DD slept from 10pm til 3am had a 20min feed then back to bed and slept till 7am. Up for feed and quick play back in bed by 8.15am woke at 11.30am and had feed then back in bed at 1pm!!!!!!!!! I am impressed!!! With both my DS's they didn't sleep longer than 40mins during the day.

Bun -- my DH and I argued a lot after our first bub, we both were tired and emotional and unsure of what to expect. It does get easier and he will get used to her as soon as she smiles she will have him wrapped around her finger forever. Take care of each other as well.

Minky -- sounds like Noah is really settling well.
    Esme -- Jasper sounds settled as well it must be our aquarian bubs.

Jacki - Sophie likes sleeping with the arms above her head it is so cute. She does the big stretch with eyes closed a then just stops in that position.

Ashnat -- hi, Alex is going great guns on the sleep. You must feel so much better -- its amazing what a few solid hours of sleep will do.

Prama -- hope everything is going OK for you lol

Bun-- We all doubt ourselves at times, you are doing a great job. Motherhood is the hardest most rewarding/difficult/frustrating job in the world.

Roquen -- congrats on the birth of Jordan -- hope you have settled in at home and are enjoying your beautiful boy.

Karlie -- hope jake is being a good boy for you.

Marie -- I wondered where you were. Great to hear you are doing well. I love the name Zoey as well!!!

Well we have all been busy haven't we. May not be able to post as much next week as DH goes back to work -- I am nervous but OK at the moment.

Talk soon and I will try and sort out the photo thing
    Have a good weekend
    Sue

I typed this last night be computer crashed:
    ash - congratulations on the amazing achievement of getting to the supermarket !! Its ridiculous isn't it that sometime so simple a few weeks ago is now a full scale drama !!! Sorry to hear you mum is having a hard time. I just can't imagine having twins !! A girlfiend of mine had twins last year and it was just so hard on her.

Prama - I sleep in a breastfeeding singlet so can wear breastpads. But have noticed that not leaking as much/often now as bubs is being a bit more regular in waking times so hopefully supply will settle in next couple of weeks and get sleep without.

bun - firstly you are doing an amazing job - we all are !!! So don't get down on yourself. Just look at your little one and see for yourself what a great job you are doing. Luke gets the leg tremors sometimes in one let. Looks like he is doing a bit of an Elvis impersonation. I assume its all normal. Doesn't seem to bother him at all.

Tried expressing for first time today - just tried one side and only for about 5 - 10 minutes and got 40mls !! I guess this is OK but I have nothing to compare it to. Have put it in fridge and will try again tomorrow to add to it.

Went out to the shops with DH today to exchange newborn nappies for next size up. This child is just growing and growing !! He started to get really grizzly in the shops and luckily DH was there to pick him up and passify him while we finished and managed to get home before a feed. Cried all the way home in the car though (bad mum !!). I probably should have detoured into the mothers room and gave him a quick feed to see him through until we got home.

What do you all think - is it better to just get home or have a quick feed and then home ???

Right - now for a catchup post

Sue - Wowee, great to hear your little one is sleeping, eating etc well. When you say that you previous bubs only slept 40 minute during they day - when they woke di you have to feed them each time ?

Marie - glad you found us. Big welcome to Zoey.

Karlie - Oh how I just love to hear those morning birds when I am yet again in the b/f chair exhausted after a difficult night !! Glad to hear you are 'all on the mend' and finally over the colds.

Hey Roquen - congratulations on the arrival of Jordan - about time you made it into this thread.

Minky - haven't used a dummy yet but fully intend to if needed - its on permanent standby. I wouldn't worry about getting your DD to give it up at 2.5 years old - I had mine until I was 5 and mum made me give it up when I went to school !!!!!

Is anyone missing from the Feb belly buddies thread - now that we are into March !! can you believe it. Another group is about to take our spot at the top of the page.

Nappy changes ....... what's everyone doing during the night. Do you change nappies before feeding then put to back to sleep, change 1/2 way though or change at the end. I find that no point at beginning or 1/2 way though but if I leave it to the end and bubs is in the twilight zone ready to be put down changing him rewakes him and is harder to settle and put to sleep. What's everyones tactic on that one ???

Sorry, will do personals later.. time for bub's feed.. ijust managed a 1.5hr nap..

sue - does bub just stop feeding after 20mins? Laxman seems to stop and then when i take him off, he's searching for the nipple again. after 40 mins of feeding, he's still hungry so i need to top up with the bottle. im sure im still not having enough milk

jacki - so good you were out today. i dunno, in theory i would say, feed him and then continue shopping. just so you could do normal things and bub gets used being outdoors too.
    I do the nappy change in between feeds. mainly cos he falls asleep and it's a good way to wake him up. and i dont hve to worry after the feed.

Oh no. I just went up to the hospital coz I have a infection from my c section. Its not painful at all, but still a worry. I just had some antiboitics for it so everything should be fine now.

Bun, thanks for the nice comment about the photo. It was taken with my new camera. Your DD look so cute in your photo also. She looks so happy and content.

Sue, Rock on! Thats great with the sleeping. Hopefully you had more time for yourself this weekend.

Jacki, We just went to the next size up in nappies too. They dont stay babies for long. jake is just fitting into a 00 wondersuit.

Prama, How did your day go?

Hope you all sleep well tonight.

xxx Karlie

Carley, The cold we had is everywhere. It seems to be worse through the night. I hope she gets over it soon. Tara had the room vapouriser on, and used a cough medicine through the night.

Tell me how she goes. Poor darling.

Any place public is horrible to catch anything. Now I have a little one @ 3 its even harder to keep the whole family healthy. I take baby whipes everywhere to clean things down. Am I a paranoid person? Sometimes I feel like I am. I guess since DD had a cold at 5 weeks old & DS had a cold at 1.5 weeks old, I guess that has something to do with it.
    Last edited by 2 please; March 1st, 2008 at 06:02 PM.

Karlie - thanks, my day has been ok. just about to go for a walk. seems like my days revolve around feeding only. I'm getting a bit frustrated as feeding takes an hr and half. bf and ff...
    Any tips to get breastmilk up?

Also, is anyone doing any exercise to flatten your tummies? I cant wait for bleeding to stop to get back to swimming.

Prama- There is a thread on here to do with increasing your milk supply. I hear aktavite is good. I have a tin of it but I have been forgetting to drink it most mornings. I am doing pelvic floor exercises to strengthen that area first. I am trying to get out for walks. Will get into ab exercises next week.

Karlie- You really think twice about taking the little ones out in public at the moment. And going into the colder months will be interesting too. And they say bigger babies are more resilient... Amber is now in the infant nappies. The newborns got way too tight. We are still fitting into 000 bodysuits though. I have found the target brand is looser fitting.

Carley- Hopefully Lysander will sleep well for you tonight. I have yet to try bf in public. I dont have a bf top so are trying to make sure DD is fully fed before we go out anywhere. I managed to express 60ml this arvo so it is there in case we need it.

Bun- It is a huge adjustment to life with a baby. Where it used to be you and DH doing what you want when you want life is now very different. Your DH might need some time to adjust to his new girl. Hopefully after a little bit yours and DH relationship will improve. Do you have anyone else who can help you through the tougher times at the moment?

Sorry gotta go. DD is having bath time before we prepare her for bed.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast