Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 16th ~ 31st 2009 #2

Thanks girls!! You all have made me feel HEAPS better. I know I made the right decision about getting her vacc... i'm glad i did... i just wish those that 'oppose' it wouldn't scare us with what's in those needles!!! I know the benefits FAR outweigh the risks
    I will stop reading about it all I think we are booked in for her 4mth needles.
    I would NEVER forgive myself if she got measles or something that could have been prevented...

Runner - we are looking at rural property's. acreages!! We want land.... down across the border into NSW.... northern rivers. Where are you looking??

Soph - keep demanding answers. That's not good enough that they are saying that!! It's been going on too long now and he's only little.

Had a great day with Mum.... took the stroller for a walk along the beach path after having lunch.

Hi
    Soph-id be taking bubs to the royal childrens hospital and i wouldnt wait a day longer,u just dont know what it is and to be losing a lot of blood is not good,they will see u straight away and refer u immediately to a paed,do not wait to see a GP they are useless,get onto it straight away and ring the royal childrens 1st b4 u go and tell them whats the matter..

Ren- Vaccs,would not dream of not giving them to Nixon,did u get the thing on Facebook regarding the lady who lost her daughter the same age as our kids due to whooping cough,i know after i gave Nixon his i thought oh thats cruel but it could be worse.In this country we have a high migration rate so you just dont know what people from other countries whos immunisation policies arent as strict as ours even begin to bring in...just not worth risking...

Well last night i got a shock,my boy slept thru from 8pm til 7am,he had a midnight dreamfeed...yay im so proud,i wonder if he will do it again tonight as he went to bed a bit earlier...
    im feeling a bit down as most of the ladies i know who were pregnant and had their babies are all back to their skinny pre-baby size,im a size 14 with a big muffin jelly top that i cant budge,i watch what i eat and most of the other dont,,they were just all belly when pregnant no weight gain,makes me depressed,i have a long road ahead of me,just too tired atm or even find time free to have the house spotless yet excercise,but will go on a diet and hire a treadmill

Bon, our bubs are only 3 months old - try to not stress about your weight. I was hoping to be back into my pre-pg clothes by now, but I'm finding it harder to lose my mummy tummy this time around. Mind you, I'm not trying too hard. I really ballooned out after I had Ben. When he was 6-8 months I was the biggest I've ever been. As long as I don't let that happen again I'll be happy. Please don't put too much pressure on yourself to lose it. It will come off in good time

Ren, I was really stressed out about Ben's 12 month and 18 month needles - the ones for MMR. I wouldn't change my decision for anything though. I've stopped reading all the information on why not to vax now too. It was doing my head in!

We had a lovely day yesterday. Ben stayed with his Aunty for the first time while Jared and my 9 year old nephew went with me to the Swannies game. Jared's first game He loved it. He was watching for about half of the game, slept for half time and one quarter and fed for a lot of it too He enjoyed it much more than Ben did as a bub. J is going to be my social bub I think. He loves talking to people and smiling at them. Ben was always more introverted and we had to work so hard for smiles. With J, all you have to do is talk to him and he breaks into the biggest grin

It was lovely to be out doing something from my old life again. J was quite content in the HAB, but much happier when I had him facing outward. He's just too big to be facing in now, since he's the size of an average six month old! He has fantastic head,neck and back control and strength so I'm quite happy to have him facing out

Gotta run. Ben is a garbage guts right now trying to fatten back up after his double ear infection and all I do is feed the boy!

Just quickly - so far my resttling seems to be working! It took a couple of goes this time, but it's now been 1.5 hours since he first went down and he's still sleeping. I will admit that the second time I went in this sleep I did pick him up, but hey, he's still asleep now and that's the main thing! It worked (without having to pick him up) when I did it yesterday arvo too, but DH wasn't so good at it when I wasn't there.

Fingers crossed it continues to work!

Amara is 3 months old today!!!

we celebrated by going to the beach and fixing up the baby ticker - yeah!!

hope you all had a great long weekend also...

good luck gypsy i have to do the exact same thing,i resettled nixon and got him to sleep 2 and a bit hours however i could neck my husband as he always gets him up when he wakes from his first 45 minute sleep cycle...grrrrr
    im still having major issues in the car with him,he cracks a barney big time when tired n screams n screams in car,is becoming a pain in the A$$ as u cant go anywhere,he wasnt like this til he got reflux,when he screams he wants his dummy n u put it in and he spits it out,,i cant drive n dummy at the same time....grrrr
    He is starting to sleep thru the night now til 6-7am.we changed the dreamfeed from 11 to 12 and it has done the trick,he goes to bed 7-730pm has dreamfeed at midnight n sleeps til 6-730am..wow then we wake have a feed n sometimes he goes back to sleep in with his mum til 8-830am as im exhausted..
    anyway must go resettle the cat has finished his nap...
    cheers bon

Hi all,

Yep my hair is falling out like crazy too, I remember all the books saing that our hair will get thicker when we were pregnant because of hormones, So I say were just loosing all that extra hair we got then.

Soph I have my fingers crossed for you.

I had Fin imunised too, I remember we had a couple of kids die from the measles at school so i say if you can protect them even a little i'm all for it.

Now, is is just me or have others all of the sudden got extra time on their hands. Fin seems to be in a routine and I can now get my house work done, Prepare dinner and do my school work as well as feed and play with Fin and go to mothers groups. (x2) Crazy!!!

DH and I are also talking about no.2 already. (Fin took 2.5 years to concieve)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel A View Post
    Hi all,

Now, is is just me or have others all of the sudden got extra time on their hands. Fin seems to be in a routine and I can now get my house work done, Prepare dinner and do my school work as well as feed and play with Fin and go to mothers groups. (x2) Crazy!!!

DH and I are also talking about no.2 already. (Fin took 2.5 years to concieve)
    YES!! I find I have more spare time now too! I think it's a combo of us being more organised and used to being a Mummy now and more confidence and also our babies are more settled (in general) than what they were fresh out of the womb!!! Still very needy but not 'as' needy at the same time.... iykwim! My DD can play happily on her playmat for up to 45mins and I don't need to entertain her so I can get stuff done for a bit!!

And yeah we are wanting to TTC number 2 in December!!! DH wants to now!!! But I won't allow him to... hehe need to lose weight first.

i dont have spare time i wish,i have 3 baskets of folding,havent cooked since sunday night,the bathroom needs a good scrub,i have cobwebs everywhere,nixon i can leave for about half hour b4 ge gets whingey but dont give u much time to do anything,its hard too as im working doing my photography and working on puter...as for having another im turning 38 in september and im still getting over the shock so i dunno when i will,maybe 2-3 years we will see,its hard as we dont have any family living in melbourne so we have no support...im so exhausted i dunno how id cope if i had another baby so soon after Nixon especially with all the issues that we previously had with sleeping,feeding,reflux etc,im lucky i got it ironed out quick fast but if i had another baby id do things different from the getgo,straight into a routine from day 1...
    i wish i was younger when i had him but due to medical reasons i was not allowed to have a child sooner,i just thank god i have gotten him as he truly is our miracle boy!! mmm a girl would be nice hehe

Dis - thanks for your comment about weightloss. I've been a bit down about my figure and thought I would be back into my pre-preg clothes long ago but am not .

Mel - It's lovely to feel like you have more time now isn't it. I was looking at Fin's pics on fb, he is so cute. There are some lovely pics.

As for ttc #2 - 'I' don't think I (and therefore 'we') will be ready before Sam is at least 2 or 3. I'm afraid of more miscarriages and the emotion that goes with it all. I'd like another holiday (or two or 3) before then too. I'd love Sam to have a brother or sister but if it doesn't turn out that way then I feel more than blessed to have my Sam.

Sam had his first night in his cot last night, he looked so cute. I ordered his high chair today too, I chose the Stokke tripp trapp. I like how we can use it so he can sit at the table with us. Only about 6 weeks till we start thinking about solids - eek. Feels like he is growing too quickly.

What do you all have planned for Mothers Day, the first Mothers Day for some of us!

Soph - hope things are ok for you. Hope to read some good news from you soon.

He he....good luck to those of you ttc again soon! We are not having any more kidlets. We only originally wanted one (but changed our mind) so I think we have done pretty well. After having DD I didn't feel finished, it was an overwhelming feeling....I feel finished now I have Dash. DH is seeing a Dr about a vasectomy next week (lol he he ha ha). It will be nice, for once, to not have to worry about contraception and being responsible for it. Not to mention taking the pill and what it does to my body - ah the freedom! Poor DH (NOT).

Nixon is going in the big cot in about 3 weeks when we move,hes just about outgrown his bassinette,awww im gonna miss it,my husband got all teary and emotional yesterday looking at photos as his little boy is no longer a newborn baby,hes getting a big boy...it goes so fast so cherish the good the bad and the ugly...
    Yep we have to start solids in about 3 weeks too,apparantly its supposed to help the reflux,i have read from a few people here on BB and in some books it can also make it harder..i got a highchair from baby bunting on sale half price,its nothing too over the top but is nice looking,practical and easy to clean,also his pram seat converts to a highchair with a tray and stand,thats what sold me on it,also turns into a rocker,the good old bertini pram/transformer,had to send it back as the base with the wheels had a crack right thru it,$1100 you would expect a little better,so we have him in his other pram stroller til i get it back or get a new one,whick i better ring now b4 i forget.

Mothers day- my DH is taking up the road to this grogeous place for lunch overlooking a beautiful national park,4 course meal,we will see how long Nixon goes b4 tired n screaming or he will just smile at all the mums and be his usual charming gorgeous self,i also have a dual mothers day present with my best friend,we are off to the big day spa in daylesford for a full day of pampering,the hubbys are looking after the boys..
    id be happy with a sleep in n brekky in bed,,,cant wait

anyways i best rush,gotta go send something for my mum,my mother inlaw and do a few things as well as get Nixon some clothes and growsuits n stuff,major growth spurt and nothing fitting and its cold

Son, I'm in Melb too and am always up to getting out of the house, so if you need anything let me know. I'm a great Ironer and duster, folding is also one of my many talents.

Mothers day. were doing the Mothers Day classic, Plus my DH called last week to ask Fin what I wanted for mothers day. Since Fin can't hold the phone it was on speaker. Needless to say i'm 100% sure I'm getting earings for mothers day. ..

Daylsford sounds lovely. Don't the two Sal's and little Charlie live there. I wonder how there going. On to FB to find out.

Mel A - hey, we are doing the Mothers Day 8km classic also - but here at the Gold Coast!! I hope the weather is nice - raining right now...

As for any more children for us, no, a lovely little boy and now lovely little girl, is all we can ask for. Plus, I am 40 this year, and it took 3 years to concieve Amara, so no complaining here at all!!

Amara has just moved to her own bedroom - I miss her a bit at night, but now love it when it is time to feed her even more - I don't do a dreamfeed, so she usually wakes up around 1.30am to 3.30am - it varies. Then we are all up at about 6am at the latest - oh, how I wish sometimes for a sleep in (which means past 6am!!).

well, better go...

Mel A - hey, we are doing the Mothers Day 8km classic also - but here at the Gold Coast!! I hope the weather is nice - raining right now...

As for any more children for us, no, a lovely little boy and now lovely little girl, is all we can ask for. Plus, I am 40 this year, and it took 3 years to concieve Amara, so no complaining here at all!!

Amara has just moved to her own bedroom - I miss her a bit at night, but now love it when it is time to feed her even more - I don't do a dreamfeed, so she usually wakes up around 1.30am to 3.30am - it varies. Then we are all up at about 6am at the latest - oh, how I wish sometimes for a sleep in (which means past 6am!!).

well, better go...

sorry for the double post - website playing up!

Good afternoon all you mummies!!

Mothers Day - we're off to DH's parents place! We're having seafood, prawns, oysters etc YUMMO!!! It was going to be here at our place as it's easier with DD but we invited Mum and she lives further away so it was easier for her to meet us halfway at DH's parents place so we're happy with that!! It will be nice to have all the grandparents together at once with DD as we haven't had that happen yet. (since Ava being born I mean).

Got DD's passport photo's taken today!! Organising her passport! We're off to FIJI in December!!!! Can't wait.... we havent' been overseas for a few years so the holiday will be nice. I'm so excited.....!! Fijians love little kids too and DD will be 11mths old.

My good friend Mel (her username is Mellz) just had a baby girl, Elizabeth... today! I'm so excited for her... she's now got 2 boys and 2 girls! I can't wait to meet her new addition and she's a new playmate for Ava.

OK gotta go while the little monkey is asleep.... must fold some nappies and tidy up a bit before DH gets home. I feel like I've done nothing today!!!
    Oh there's a rainbow outside!!!! A complete one! Must go take a pic!!!!

xxx

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast