Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 16th ~ 31st 2009 #2

Just quicklt from me....been at A&E this am - 2 large bloody poohs this morning. Aggravating because he looks well they won't do too much more but waiting from call from private paed. Bloody pooh is not normal! Same thinbg happened when Ned was sick at 3 months...was happy so they said he was fine until he was literally on deaths door. grrrrrr. Seems you have to wait until they get that bad. Anyway just waiting - another bloody pooh at home since

Oh my gosh Soph!!! Go to the royal childrens hospital in Melbourne!!! they admitted us when Caleb wasnt feeding even though he was happy and healthy and thriving, they are the best!!! Sunshine Hosp told me there was nothing wrong with him and there was nothing they could do, Royal Childrens changed his meds and his formula!!! they found he had an allergy to cows milk protein.

Blood in poo's is NOT normal, go to teh royal childrens and demand answers!!!!! I cannot rate them highly enough with the attention they gave us to make sure he was ok

Quote Originally Posted by Renstar View Post
    Yay!!! DD has been asleep since 9:20am and its now 10:05am!!! That's longer than 20mins! (shouldnt' talk too soon tho LOL)..... we've been having so much trouble getting her to sleep longer than 20mins during the day! I like her to sleep 1hr at least!

I'm hoping this phase passes soon because up until this last week we had a good routine going!!!!!
    REN: As you would be aware from my other thread, Ella has been nightmare when it comes to settling!! - however, i have changed her routine and tried one suggested from one the BB ladies in that thread and it has worked wonders - i have adjusted it to accommodate Ella and also use it combined with the fischer price peek-a-boo soother (i've moved ella into her cot now) and it seems to be working well - I have only been trying this new "routine" for 4 days so im sure there will be hiccups along the way, but so far so good

Ella - is your DD in her cot in her own room now? Was she in your room at all? Ava sleeps in our room with us in her hammock but last 3 nights shes been in her room in her own cot and i miss her! So i think tonight i'm going to put her back into our room!
    Yes there are some good points raised from your thread! I read them all! I like Anna's post too. I'm going to use some of those pointers toinght.

Just got home from shops 1hr ago and DD settled within 5mins! Left her in her cot and 5mins later she was protesting and whinging but not crying so i left her and she just fell asleep on her own only took 12mins! Yehhaaa...

I have a really good book from Pinky Mckay called "Sleeping like a baby" that im desperately trying to read quickly.... its a good book.

hi all
    Another quick one from me whilst my tv dinner is cooking in the microwave..lol DH is on nightshift,ive just gotten nixon to bed at 7pm and done all the bottles..
    Hes been an absolute shocker today with the catnapping and we had im in the car and boy did i know about it,im gonna go back to the paed as this is getting ridiculous,i dont think the Losec is doing bugger all for the reflux,he wont eat much or sleep much during day,at night he sleeps all night and feeds well..i put it down to his overtiredness during day,im soooooooo exhausted.. i can barely get anything done let alone leave the house,by 5pm its his witching hour til 7pm n dont i know about it..

soph-not good about ur little ones poo's hope all ok

bon

ATTEMPT #3 TO WRITE THIS STORY B4 BB CRASHES.. I HOPE THIS ALL PUTS A SMILE ON YOUR FACE OR A TEAR IN YOUR EYE AS I KNOW A FEW OF US HAVE HAD A HARD TIME OF LATE

JANUARY 09- A TRIP DOWN MEMORY PREGNANCY LANE

This time last year we all joined the jan 16-31st 09 due group,there was only about 3 of us and we were deer in the headlights,i think Kimbaz was the 1st one here and 1st one to welcome us all....
    There we were introudicing ourselves,what state we lives in.what town/suburb,then posting our EDD or what we thought il we all went to the docs for confirmation,some of us peed on a little stick and some just knew as AF had not visited...

6 Weeks scan- By this time we are all excited as we get to see our little jellybeans growing,we are all nervous too cos we have to have our nuchal fold tests...we are all emotional after seeing our scans and i for one cried..

pause-nixon screaming brb

20 weeks scan-some of us have had the dreaded GD glucose test and i think i was the only one here who copped GD,some of us had the 3d/4d scan and found out what we were having and most of us announced it and at this time it was predominantly boys...We all got to see our little bubbas and their hands n feet n faces and we are all trying to make out or guess what they will look like,by now we ar eon the countdown n Sal n Sal have welcomed little baby into the world.very prem but doing ok..

EDD ARRIVING-By now we are all getting scared and some of us having false labours n shocking pains,we all have our sms buddies,we have all traded nursery decor stories and whos bought what and whats useful etc..i remember getting a sms off Jo saying she on hew way to hospital and shes nearly having Caleb,a few hours later i get one from her hubby Craig announcing Calebs birth,i cried my eyes out..haha
    I remember a few of us had pretty fast labours,Kimbaz holds the world record followed by Jo and myself having a 4 hour 45 min labour and almost on my EDD.Jo took the prize for having Caleb on her EDD..

THE 1ST WEEK HOME-SILENCE IN HERE WE ARE ALL ADJUSTING
    FROM BIRTH TO BEYOND-Lot of us having sleeping n feeding issues,reflux colic the works

Thank you ladies for the most emotional amazing journey,i am having a sook as i type,its seems like yesterday but yet so long ago and im glad i got to share my journey with such an amzing strong bunch of beautiful souls...
    if you have any stories i may have forgotten feel free to add
    love bon
    Last edited by soniebon; April 30th, 2009 at 08:07 PM.

Awww Sonie thats was so lovely, had a lump in my throat reading that!!!

ITs true it all feels like it was a dream, some of us had no idea what we were getting into and we all looked forward to the day we would be holding our bubs in our arms, little did we know just how much our lives would change... from knowing there was a bubby to LOVING it with all of our beings.

I for one know that being my little boys mother has made my life worth every single second of pain ive ever endured just to get to this point. My Mother in law arrived today and she said to me "You are so different, its like you have a purpose now"

She cried when she saw the video i made of Caleb and said to me "now you know how i can love my son so much, you are the perfect woman for him and im so happy you are his wife"

Ladies it has been an honour and a blessing to live this journey with you all and i know it will continue to be so.

Well im off to bed after my lovely date to the movies with my husband (mum in law babysat, it was WONDERFUL) and to tell you the truth if i didnt have my period then my husband wouldve been a VERY lucky man tonight, i feel like a million dollars

Night all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Renstar View Post
    Ella - is your DD in her cot in her own room now? Was she in your room at all? Ava sleeps in our room with us in her hammock but last 3 nights shes been in her room in her own cot and i miss her! So i think tonight i'm going to put her back into our room!
    Yes there are some good points raised from your thread! I read them all! I like Anna's post too. I'm going to use some of those pointers toinght.

Just got home from shops 1hr ago and DD settled within 5mins! Left her in her cot and 5mins later she was protesting and whinging but not crying so i left her and she just fell asleep on her own only took 12mins! Yehhaaa...

I have a really good book from Pinky Mckay called "Sleeping like a baby" that im desperately trying to read quickly.... its a good book.
    Yeah Ella is in her nursery now (1 week) but prior to that she was in her bassinette in our room - although i miss her, i feel (for me) its better for her to be in her room and i get up once during the night (usually between midnight and 1.30am) to give her a feed and then she goes back down until about 7.00am.

Re sleeping issues, I borrowed a booster type thing from my sis which helps babe sleep on their side. It has a roll that goes in front and one behind. Tried it out for first time yesterday morning and Max slept for 2 hours! It was his longest day sleep (in his cradle) for ages. Apart from the sleeping on the side thing, I think maybe it helps make them feel more snug, as it has something in front and behind. Anyway, he only had one sleep at home yesterday and we'll be out again this morning, so I'll see if it works again this arvo.

Soph - Hope you've got some answers about poor Henry by now.

Son - Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

I'm off to a baby clothes sale this morn. Have been told it's really good (and cheap!) so I'm hoping to be able to pick up some nice cheap, big 000 clothes that will fit DS for a bit longer until he grows into the 00s. I can hardly find anything to fit him these days, except growsuits and I think he's a bit big to be wearing them out and about now.

gypsy-the side wedge snuggler virtually cured nixons sleeping issues overnight,he hates being on his back,i think with him its just his reflux and reading the baby whisperer book it says if i have him in a structured routine and hes sleeping well at night then its just his biorhythms and sleep patterns...i will try other methods to get him to sleep longer than an hour during the day but i think its juts him as he not grumpy only at 5pm and manages fine,im the one not managing lol
    Jo- good on you for having a great night,yes we have purpose and yes we change and grow up real fast(even at 37 years of age)i have become a completely different woman...
    cheers to all
    its nixon snuggle time with his mum
    sonya

Soph, what a scary experience for you! I know you've been through it before, but I'm sure it doesn't get any easier I hope you get some answers soon.

Ren, Jared is in a Grobag and I love it. We have all sorts of sleeping bags. We used them all the time when Ben was a bub (and in fact he is still in a sleeping bag now as he kicks his covers off at night if we try that and it's FREEZING right now). J's Grobag is a 0-6 month one and it's already almost too small for my big boy. It was a gift for us at Ben's baby shower and we definitely got good use out of it and will also use it for #3. The other sleeping bags are good, but not as warm as the Grobag ,even though they have sleeves and the GB doesn't.
    Jared hasn't been wrapped since he was a week or two old. He just did not like it at all.

Well, it doesn't rain it pours. Ben now has a double ear infection He's on his first ever course of anti-biotics and they seem to be doing the trick, thank goodness. I'm ready to write off April, it has not been a fun month for us at all. All four of us have been sick, a hospital stay and now this!

On the positive side, Jared had his best night sleep since coming out of hospital. He slept from 10:45pm until 5:30am so I'm pretty happy with that. Ben also slept through for the first time since having mummy home. I desperately needed that big chunk of sleep, as I mentioned, April was a nightmare!!!

hi ladies
    well this morning has gotten off to a great start,i have begun putting gaviscon back in nixons bottles and i got an hour and a half morning sleep after his big one and he polished of quite a bit of his bottle,,,we are now back to sticking like glue to his easy routine from baby whisperer as it did seem to work and we did shy away from it when the reflux treatment started...i want to put nixon in a sleeping bag but he still needs to be swaddled as he thrashes about a lot and settles well when swaddled
    must run photos to take
    bon

Sonie, ive been thinking about putting Gav in Calebs bottles again as well, but the pediatrician said theres no need...

He really doesnt like to be swaddled at the moment as he is teething nd want9ng to stick his hands in his mouth but doesnt have great hand control when he is tired and whacks himself in the face and keeps himself awake, so ive sewn velcro onto the miracle blanket ( yep he was getting out of it) and that keeps him from getting out as he wriggled so much that he would lift his back up and the blanket would come undone... problem solved!! however i have to keep giving him panadol etc for his teethying. poor little guy just cries at different times for no reason and just wants to gnaw on soemthing.

well im off to NZ tomorrow so i probably wont be on for a bit now!

chat soon

Hello everyone!

Soph: Hope you have an answer by now and everything is OK with Henry.

Jo and Sonie: Dash has Gaviscon in every single bottle and has since 4.5 weeks old. Without it he vomits most of the feed and it continues for the next 24 hours. He is now starting to vomit through the Gaviscon and Zantac so he will be going up to double Gaviscon and Zantac is increasing, but I have to get him to take at least 170mL at a time first (for double Gaviscon) as he still only takes between 120mL and 150mL at a time. He is still happy though, rarely cries and it hasn't disturbed it sleep so I can't complain (it only makes a mess). On paed advive I am starting solids with Dash next week when he is four months old as the small feeds all day are getting ridiculous and the reflux is not showing any improvments. Apparently there is a 50% chance that solid food will ease the reflux quite a lot....let's see how that goes. He has the tonguing thing happening so should be OK to start with small amounts and now that he is sitting nicely in his bumbo and activity centre, he can be propped up nicely afterwards!

Big hello to everyone else!

BBL

hi ladies,
    well, there is a lot of reflux babies in our group hey? As most of you know, Amara has reflux as well, however it does not seem as bad as other babies here.

Orangefeather - what is the dose of Zantac that your bub is having? I hope starting some solids does help, I was also told that also, but it may take some time still.

soniebon - what does your bubba take? Zantac also?

Amara is still on 0.5 mls 3 times a day, which is not much at all, but seems to do the trick - she is not in pain anymore, although she still chucks up heaps!! we do not give her Gaviston very often at all either.

other news! we ordered a ERGO SPORTS BABY CARRIER and it arrived just now!!! excellent timing, just before the weekend!! cannot wait to use it, will be good on my broad shouldered hubby also.

well, I am off shopping this afternoon with Miss Amara, gotta get school track pants for Logan and new sunglasses for me!

Tomorrow is my long run day...gotta run 18kms! The Half marathon is only 10 weeks away now, but training is going well, considering all that is going on!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for being MIA for a while but as you know, I have a hard time keeping up with one group, nevermind a second one and verytime I seem to be up to date with all your posts and about to write my own story, Sammy wakes up! I've been trying to keep reading how all your little ones are doing but (lets face it you were always a chatty bunch) and am sorry to hear a lot of you seems to be having issues with reflux and other health issues ( Soph especially, hope they find whats wrong and I agree with Jo, seek a second advice, pooh in blood is not normal) But your group have definately developped a great relationship and Sonie's last post is the prime example of that. I am glad I got to share a bit of that journey with you all and you ladies are all wonderful individuals and awesome mums!

Just thought I would let you know how we have been doing. Samantha and I are going very well. I am enjoying motherhood so much and Sammy is a dream baby. A while ago, I read in your thread about the baby whisperer and how well it worked for Jo and Caleb, we've implemented it pretty much right away apart from the dreamfeed as it never made a difference, Sammy still kept waking up at 3am regardless ( only waking up once though) and the last 3 nights has actually been sleeping through to 5 or 6am, so hoping this is it for us and that Sam sleeps all the way through which is great for a breastfed baby. The routine ROCKS is all I can say! The only issue we have had with her on and off is her weight gain which has slowed again lately and she is still pretty small, but she is happy and very interactive baby and settles really well. So I've been expressing to keep my supply up but thats really been the only issue and count my blessings for my fortune. She has been having a bit of reflux the last couple weeks but we are pretty sure she had a small tummy bug, we took her to the Dr who found nothing wrong but it has improved a lot in the last couple days, so fingers crossed, we were right and this is not a reflux problem developping for her.

Runnermum: you would be very proud of me, I've already lost 2 kilos from my pre-pregnancy weight and power walking everyday, am aiming to lose another 8 kilos by mid July and another 10 by Christmas! My daily walks have become so enjoyable and I push myself to work out harder each day. I am even thinking about doing a half marathon in October! You were always an inspiration for me when pregnant and still cannot believe you ran almost to the end!

I cannot remember if I came in after Sammy was born to tell you about the birth Story or not ( I am yet to write it..soon soon) but wanted to thank you all for being great support in the AGONIZING 11 days after my EDD and throughout my pregnancy.

Wishing you all healthy bubs and happy bubs and will make sure I pop in once in a while to say hi.

Mxxx
    Last edited by sydney moose; May 1st, 2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Ava got weighed today - she's put on 200g in the last week YAY!! And she's sooo tall! She's in the 90th percentile for her height!!!! shes so tall and lean.

Sonya - if Nixon is sleeping 1hr per nap during the day then thats great! I would be happy with that! If only Ava slept that long.... we have trouble getting her past 20mins
    some days she will sleep 2-3hrs though!! It varies....

Jo - Ava gets out of her miracle blankets too!! We have to wrap her REALLY tight LOL can't wait to get our grobag.
    Sydney - great to hear from you!
    Dis - thats awesome about the grobag. can't wait to get ours!! We ordered 6-18mth one do you think she'll be able to use it soon tho? no point getting the smaller one?

Well I have a very overtired bub (been out almost all day shopping, lunch with a friend and had to go into the shop to do some accounts work) and she's calling out for me... gotta go....

Oh! And hasn't it just been the BEST experience in the world.... being pregnant for 9mths, giving birth and now loving and learning with our new little person in our life? DD is the best thing that has ever happened to us, as I'm sure all babies are to their parents I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE it when Ava smiles at me... it's just the BEST.

Well today i put infant gaviscon back in his bottles and the catnapping has almost instantly stopped,today we couldnt keep him awake..lol and he knocked off in the car without prostesting a few times too...Our paed said that the Losec at 2.5ml on its own shuld be fine but if not to try the gavi so i did and its working...does anyone have a more pleasant taste of losec? apparantly u can get somehting that better flavoured as Nixon hates it n gags n tries to spit it out..
    We too have to start solids at 4 months due to the Reflux but reading in quite a few books it says that sometimes solids make it worse??? go figure
    Todays sleeps were minimum 1 and half hours to 2 and a bit..ive stopped swaddling him during the day to see how he goes as he genrally whacks himself with his hands,im gonna see by leaving his hands out if he puts them in his mouth and is less dummy dependant when sleeping,if he starts going ok without a swaddle ill get a grobag or sumthin,i have 3 of them but Nixon still prefers to be swaddled,hes a little houdini with his miracle blanket and somehow we manage to find an arm out of it..hehe,We now have a witching hour between 5pm-630pm or just b4 bed..he screamed n screamed today,he does do it at this time most days,i put it down to the reflux and his winding down time,poor little thing,i just hold n cuddle n let him lay there n pat n shoosh til he has a catnap or relaxes himself..
    Ren- does Ava have reflux??? maybe u might have to look at diff meds or see a paed?? oh i feel ur pain though,is she sleeping ok at night?
    i wish i could sleep at night,takes me ages to unwind n by time i have my time,cook etc its bloody midnight,oh the joys
    anyways off to bed,we had early riser this morning
    cheers n have a lovely weekend
    its freakin freezing here n enjoy NZ Jo
    cheers bon
    Last edited by soniebon; May 1st, 2009 at 11:44 PM.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast