Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 1st ~15th 2009 #2

Hi lovely ladies - this is going to sound a little out of the blue but I'm afraid certain circumstances have meant that I need to leave BB (with a sad and sorry heart but know it is the right thing to do). If you can imagine the warmest hug imaginable it is being sent to all of you from me. Please PM your details if you'd like to stay in touch - for most of you I will be in touch on FB.

Now, for one last time....... lovely ladies and beautiful bubbies.

All the very best Paula....keep in touch please!! You will be sadly missed

Oh Paula thats very sad but please keep in touch via FB, you will be greatly missed in here! All the very best to you and your beautiful family xoxo

Awww Paula..so sorry to hear this. Please stay in touch via facebook. Love and hugs to you and your beautiful girl!!!!xxxxx

Jo

Hey, I see on fb loads of you have already started your babies on solids!! What made you know they were ready for real food???

Ive not started Steph and have nooooo plans on doing it for at least another 2-3 months minimum.
    I think its just Amanda thats started already....i could be wrong?

Happy Mothers Day...i hope the 1st time mums are enjoying their day

No plans here either Steph until 6 months..too many risks. Hope you are keeping well.

Hope everyone has had a lovely mothers day today!!!

Jo

Steph, Kirsten has also started but i think Mr Ryley loves his bottle much more then Farex!

Jo mothers day here was just another day...no cards, no pressies, no speical treatment!

Aaaaawww Kim thats not fair!!!!!

Jo

awww Kim thats no fair at all

It looks like my lil man has excma (can't spell) and was wondering if any of you girls have experienced this? I'm going to take him to the doctor, for a good checkup as well as his needles, but was just wondering if anyone else has it... He is very touchy with his face and the dry skin just isn't like normal dry skin and my SIL noticed it and her boys have it... My poor lil man, not only has he this, but a bit of cradle cap and he has a flat head, which I'm working on! So so different to Charlotte!

Better go as he is getting hungry for his bottle!! But will talk soon girls, gotta keep this thread going

Hope you all had a great day yesterday as well...I had a pretty good one

Yeah I saw amanda and Kirsten ahd started with the solids. Larissa is so interested in food, she just watches anyone who is eating, sometimes when we have dinner she sits of my lap and licks the plate/ bowl (obviously the bit with no food on) and then uses the fork to pick stuff up! Makes me wonder if she's getting amost ready for them. On a really positive note she's reduced waking up at night to just one feed! So much better than the 6 we were having the week before last!

Hope everyone had a good mothers day especially all those of us who it was our first. Mothers day is my new favourite holiday!

Deb both Jasmine and Zachery have bad eczema. For Jasmine it was so bad i was given a steriod cream but it could only be used at night and only for a short period of time. So i had to stop using it. I then started using Dermaveen and it seemed to help a little. Her face is now perfect but she has it bad on her bum, ankles and legs and a little on her shoulders.

With Zachery he has it on his cheeks and ankles (so far) and again i used the Dermaveen and it burnt his skin (poor bubby) so i spoke to my dr about getting some more cream, which he didnt think was a good idea cos its not ment to be used on the face. So he told me to buy Dermeze which was made for the Childrens Hospital for the poor kids with bad skin. Again it helped a fair bit and now his face is much better.

I spoke to my case worker as well (she is multi purpose to me...i ask her alot..lol) and she said the best thing is the trusty olive oil after a bath/shower as all the pores are open and the skin will love it. So the oil is good for the skin and cradle cap!

Things to remember. At bath time dont use anything in the water except 9not all at once...but a few ideas): rolled oats, olive oil, you can buy a special powder from the chemist (derm something) which smells like oats. PLain water only cos eczema skin looooves purfumes and chemicals...NOT!

Use no perfumed creams, wipes (somethimes this is a problem, not for us though).

When Harley begins solids be careful cos i found some foods made Jasmines skin flare up alot worse.

I hope thats helped a little.

Oh thanks for that Kim!! I will stop the johsons baby wash straight away!! Also should I stop with the paw paw cream?
    Is baby oil (plain) just as good as olive or should i get olive oil? I've noticed it on his face and fingers, will take a good look at his legs when i go to change him next.
    I'll keep an eye on the solids as well... just want my lil man feeling better, it must be so irritating for him

Deb Paw paw is fine to use as its a natural product. Baby oil is a no no as it contains purfumes. Olive oil is the best to use as it has no chemicals in it. Im told sorbolene (sp) cream is also good for hydrating the skin, but ive never used it as it contains purfumes and alot of chemicals as well.

Sorry bout the eczema Deb..must be irritating for the little man. Id think pawpaw ointment would be fine too, as its derived from natural products. I put it on everything!!!!

Kim I think Craig needs to give you a nice Sunday this weekend to make up for yesterday!!!

Steph its lovely Larissa is only waking for one feed. Clever little munchkin!!!

Hello everyone else..weve all seemed to stop chatting in here.

Ruby is going really well. Grabbing things and sticking them into her mouth, sucking on her fingers and looking lovingly at her feet! She has not started rolling yet but is so vocal, by far the most noisiest of my babies!!! Shes always chatting away and has started some ayayayay noises, so babbling is very close. We went away for the weekend and Ruby had her first swim. It took her a moment to register it was water and the look on her face was just priceless! I knew shed just love it as she enjoys her big baths so much!Ohhhhh...princess has awoken..bbl.

First of all HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to you all!! I had a normal day as DH had a bux the night before. As he NEVER goes out and see's his friends these days, I wasn't fussed, but it was a bit sad cos he had to work soooo hard last week, including Saturday, so we didn't see much of him at all this weekend. The boys really felt it.

Patrick gave me some great pressies from kindy, and I got 2 cards, one from Patrick & one from the other 2 DH bought.

Riley is starting to really talk up a storm now. Getting his little personality really coming out. Judd has just started to grab his toys that hang around him last week. He's sooo much more alert, but no way near ready for food as some of the others seem to be. Riley didn't really start being interested in food until he was nearly 8 months, then he just pigged out. Patrick was 6 months, but i think Judd will be a bit more like Riley. So far he is anyway. He's doing well on his tummy and gets really high. Still just hanging around in the Jumping Joey, no jumping yet, but he'll get there. Again, same as Riley, bit slow to start the jumping!!

Now, here's a weird question for you all. As you know I had my tubes tied in January. I have only had one period since. That was in March. I've had some dry blood (sorry if TMI) over the Easter weekend, but nothing since then. It's now been over 6 weeks since my March period and 32 days since my dry spotting. I really hope I'm not pregnant again!!!!! BUT, as I've had my tubes done, I don't think this could happen (although I've heard it can). What else can cause you to stop your periods besides pregnancy and menopause!? Surely it's not menopause, I'm only 34.

I will see the Dr next week as I have a couple of other things to discuss and I just don't want to do a preggo test until the weekend, just incase it does come this week. But I have a bad feeling it's not going to come......

What do you think? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Tashie D; May 11th, 2009 at 08:57 PM.

Hi all, well my period did come on Thursday, so it was a 35 day cycle. Had a bad week, but great weekend.

On Weds my washing machine packed it in, but luckily I had done heaps of washing and so wasn't in a great need for clothes etc. Hence why it probably broke! It was a 10 year old Simpson. A great buy for the time I had it.

Patrick has been getting sicker, and is now on antibiotics again. My head STILL hurts and have finally been able to get into the Dr for this Weds. My Vacuum packed it in on Friday, and Judd's nappy came loose on the change table when I was dealing with riley and when I returned, I found **** EVERYWHERE - hence a few tears on Friday.

The weekend was great. All the stores in the Frankston Power Centre were having huge sales on washing machines - can you believe it! So we got a Bosch for 33% off and a Dyson vac for 40% off. The washing machine comes this Tues and they set it up, take away all the packaging and the old machine - so couldn't be happier. The Dyson sucks like no tomorrow and you should see the dirt that comes out of the carpet! It's quite disgusting, but all I have to do is tip it in the bin and wash the filter twice a year. How's that. Better than those filters you have to bang out after each vac and lose of suction after 2 mins of using the thing. So I was v spoilt and can't wait to get my new washing machine in 2 sleeps (how sad!!). Thank god for my MIL - she looked after all 3 boys on Sat so we could go kid free, and then took home 2 baskets of washing & had it ready for Koz to pick up today. Gotta love her.

Judd had his weigh and measure on Thurs and is now a whopping 7.8kg (2.77kg born) and 65cm long (now 75th percentile). He's my biggest boy now! He is in 0's and will be out of them soon!!! Patrick and Riley were both 63cm @ 4 months but Riley was also 7.8kg, so slightly shorter (can't remember P's weight at this time of night). Riley is booked in for his 2 year old weigh and measure on the 6th of June. Can't wait to see how he goes as he is just coming on in leaps and bounds now and has been having another growth spurt too.

That's my news, hope you're all well. Take care and speak soon (hopefully - bit quiet in here).

Everytime i log in i think 'i need to post in here'..then i get side tracked and forget. So i thought while i read Tashs post ill do a post!

Where to begin.....Mothers day...whilst i never got anything on the day i did in the end. Craig was planning to get me a massage but wasnt sure what one and he wanted me to pick it, so when we walked past the place last week we went in and i picked out a 90 minute hot stone massage which im getting this Thursday

Kirsten im soooooo looking forward to meet you and Ryley on Tuesday. I cant wait. I keep telling Zachery baby Ryley is coming over and he giggles at me

Tash glad AF finally arrived.You doint seem to have had much luck with your cleaning tools. OMG your poor family and the damn sick bugs. When is it going to give you a break? Yay on Judds weight and growth gain! Maybe one day when everyone is 100% healthy we need to catch up again

Deb hows Harleys skin and cradle cap going? I finalyl done the olive il trick on Zach head and it worked a treat. I used sooooo much and then had a fine tooth comb and brushed it out. Theres still some spots there, but its a 90% improvement now.

Jo we dont have rolling here yet. He does try to turn a little but thats about it. I think he is going to be a lasy bum like Jasmine was. She never rolled til 8 months!

Steph and Amanda how were your first mothers day..i know a week late but im not with the times!

Hows solids also going Amanda with JD?

Gee have i forgotten anyone? Sorry if i have..hope your well

AFM: Zachery has his 4 month MCHN check this Wednesday. Im off to the doctors, have a very personal issue going on which has me (and Craig) rather freaked out so dont want to leave it to much longer. Zach is still in our room and in the cradle, ill have to move him into the cot soon, hoping he will last the cradle until Jasmines big bed arrives in about 5/6 weeks time. Think thatys about all here....no news is good news!

Question for boy mummies (those who never had them circumsised...not sure if anyone did or not?) but do you ever notice a little bit of white stuff coming out of the tip at nappy changes? Not sure how to describe it....not pus.....hmmm...i dunno how to explain it. Its not causing any problems, or there often.....mainly just first change of a morning (like after the night sleep).

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast