Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 1st ~15th 2009 #2

Hello ladies

Im sorry too..ive been slack as posting in here. There always seems to be a million and one things to do!!!! Im so glad everyone seems to be doing well.

April sounds just gorgeous. Im sure you are much more relaxed as a mummy and she can pick up on it...just gotta love those bathtime kicks, they just go crazy at this age!!!

Tash sorry you have all been sick. Poor Riley...that must be so awful for him. Hope you arent waiting too long on the waitlist, and I hope little Patrick's better health will bring back his lovely personality lol.

Deb Im so sorry to hear you are having panic attacks. I hope that you can get the help that you need to be able to function a little better. You sound like such a lovely devoted mummy, I really wish the best for you. I love the little vid clips you put on facebook of the kids...awww

Kim thats great Zachery is doing so well...great weight gains and nice and tall too! Ruby was 59 cm three weeks ago, think shes going to be a shortie like Olivia lol.

Weve had a horrible cold for the past week, all of us coughing, spluttering and sniffing. Fess works a treat with Ruby's nose though, so love that..its so hard to feed a snuffling baby. My voice is virtually non existant at the moment so will have to do with not talking too much lol. Ruby is trying to stand up whilst we are holding her sitting down, taking her weight on her legs..its so cute...and she looks so proud of herself. Baths have always been wonderful but she now gets soooo excited going into the bathroom and starts kicking around before we have even taken her clothes off. We have continued cobathing and we both enjoy it. Shes lifting her head up high off the mat, when having tummy time, and is loving looking at bright toys. She has got a bit of hand and feet love going on, stretching out her hands and looking at them before bringing them back to her mouth, accidentally banging her head first..its very cute to watch. Im sure feet will be her mouth in a month or two. She has shown no signs of rolling yet...she will do that when shes ready im sure.

Well, have a little princess on my lap who wants a feed so will go and feed her!!

Jo

Hi all, great to hear from you again! I have to say that Judd HATES bathes!! He screams so loud it nearly makes me cry. I just sing to him. Maybe I should try co-bathing as well and see if that helps. Patrick hated them too, so it's in the genes. When we had Riley, he loves them, it was so nice not to have a screaming session each bath. I have to admit that I don't bath him often because of it, so have started to do it more regularly.

Will get in with him next time and see if that helps.

Have found out one of the girls I saw last week, her son has come down with Hand, foot and mouth, so now we are all waiting to see if the boys get it. Might not show until Tuesday, but fingers crossed we miss this one, don't need it after the 2 weeks we've had.

Jo - hope you all feel better soon.

Just bought a cross trainer on Ebay, so shall continue my weight loss/get fit adventure as my exercise bike has nearly died a noisy death!!

Hey girls!!

So good to hear from u!

Tash: hope u are all feeling better soon. Thats no good that Judd doesn't like his bath, maybe try the co bathing, he might like that... But I guess if its in the genes then u just dunno wat he will be like. Hope the kids don't get that hand, foot and mouth, my neice had it once.

Jo: No good about the colds in your house either, I'm glad we haven't had anything like that. Loved ur video of Ruby and Sammy as well!! Glad u like mine on fb!! I need to take more pics, starting to slack off!!

Paula: So happy that your enjoying April, she sounds like a real lil sweetheart!! Thanks for replying on my FB!!

Kim: How are u going hun?? Seems to me that Harley might have cradle cap, not alot. Can we use the Johnsons Baby oil on it? Will go to the chemist later..just never had it with Charlotte!

Big hellos and hugs to everyone else!! I'm going ok, Harley seems to be either holding in lots of wind, going thru a growth spurt or having a bad habit cos at night he is just so unsettled, had to give him panadol again last night to get him calmed down and in bed!!
    Got the doctors on Wednesday morning when Charlotte is at daycare, so will be back on meds soon, haven't had any panic attacks for a few days, get the feeling but start breathing and thinking good thoughts to get thru it all!

Take care girls and will chat soon!!
    Deb

Deb ive been told the best stuff to use for cradle cap is natural olive oil, let it sit for about 20 mins then comb it through with a fine tooth brush and it comes off...ive not tried it yet!

I heard that as well, but not as keen but I spose if it works then it can't hurt... I don't think we have olive oil so might have to get some. I just put some baby oil in it and i'll comb it out. How is Zachs cradle cap? I still find it amaizing how much our boys have in common!!

Hey ladies, all my boys had (have) craddle cap. I just usually leave it. Riley's lasted a long time and everything I tried didn't work, hence just let his hair grow over it. It eventually goes.

As Judd seems to have a lot more hair on the top of his head (and dark!) compared to the other 2 blondies, I've just left his too.

But yes, natural olive oil is the best. Try to avoid Johnson's & Johnson's stuff on babies as it's full of perfume and things that can really upset their delicate skin.

We're still foot, hand & mouth blister free so I'm hoping it's passed without effecting us. I think if we don't get it in the next 48 hrs, we're safe!

Got a cross trainer from ebay on the weekend. Have to fight Patrick to get on it! He keeps telling me he's lost 6 kilo's - But I'm back on the weight loss mission, and hoping to get down a few more kilo's by the 23rd May which is when we're off to a friends wedding. Good to have goals!

Take care and keep smiling.
    Last edited by Tashie D; April 20th, 2009 at 08:01 PM.

I agree with olive oil for cradle cap and still use it to bath april - alternating with Gaia products.

DS was once in contact with a child who had FHM disease (think I might have mentioned it here) and he got the ulcers in the mouth only. I hope your boys dont get it Tash!

Hope you and your family get a chance to recover soon Jo.

Glad you're sounding well Deb.

Sending your mum lots of get well wishes Kim.

Hey to Amanda, Kirsten, Steph, Victoria - hope all is well.

I know we haven't had 4 mth check-ups yet but I imagine I'll be one of the 1st if not the 1st with April - ours is next Monday. I want to check if I am supposed to be starting solids yet at 4mths. With DS I introduced some baby cereal at 5mths and then veggies and fruit at 6mths. But DS was a ff baby. April is still bfing but sometimes at night I need to top her up with formula because she gets frustrated that she is not getting any milk from me. Admittedly they are usually times when I have not been vigilant with my water intake during the day. But I wonder if she has reached a stage where she does need more than just breast milk. I just can't imagine feeding her tho with a spoon - she still seems so slouchy that I can't imagine she will be upright enough to digest the food. Any thoughts/opinions?

Hello lovely ladies...so nice to see you all in here chatting up a storm!

Tash sorry that little Judd hates his baths. I would thoroughly recommend jumping in with him then, they just seem to adore the skin to skin contact. Ruby loves it with Daddy as well! I hope you guys dont get sick!!!! Yay for the cross trainer..you go girl!

Kim hope you and the kiddies are going well and having a lovely time!

Deb so sorry honey to hear about your panic attacks. It sounds like you have a good plan to be thinking more positive happy thoughts when you feel an attack coming on which is so great.

Hiya Kirsten..hope little Ryley is doing well!

Hiya Paula...its definately the recommendation to start solids from 6 months as bubs can have reactions/allergies from early introductions and shes is getting all she needs from your wonderful breast milk!! Ive always used rice cereal first and then introduced a new food every few days after that. It will be an exciting time for sure!

Ruby doesnt have any cradle cap thank goodness but her hair is growing sooo quickly!!!! Looks gorgeous.

Well we are all recovering which is good news. Have caught up with my bestie today..shes 11 weeks pregnant with her second..her first is 14! So will be nice to have Ruby and her new one only 10 months apart. I have Jess's birthday this week so we have a family party for her tonight (shes turning 15) and a friend party Thurs. Shes going out for dinner and then having a limo pick them up and drive them around town..so special!

Ruby has gotten soooooo vocal..shes by far the chattiest of my kids..oh and the giggles have well and truely started....they are simply divine!!!

Jo

Oh Jo, she sounds just beautiful! Judd had a bath with me the other night and loved it, so I think that's the way to go from now on. Will try again tonight and see how he goes, but last time he just layed their and smiled. Still a bit cranky when he's cold, but that's understandable.

He's probably the quietest of our bunch. DH gets him laughing but with me it's just the smiles and coo's. Trying the Jumping Joey, but he's just happy to just hang there for now with his brother's playing and swinging him around!!

PLC - I've always been told 6 months plus for solids as well. You could just try more formula feeds for now to top her up if you don't think your milk is enough at night. I've heard on Today show that they will recommend from 4 months soon as they reckon this helps with alergies, but that's totally opposite from what I've heard in the past. I'm like Jo, I've heard 6mth+ to prevent allergies.

Riley didn't want any solids until he was nearly 8mths, then I couldn't get them into him quick enough. They need to have their tongue reflex of pushing out stopped as well, so I think that's finished by 6mths as well.

Hi ladies,

Good to see you all chatting again.

DS and I are going really well. He is doing all the things he is 'meant' to be doing and growing so quickly. At his last check up he was 13 weeks and weighed in at 7.2kg! We are still exclusively BF and he seems to be very happy with that at the moment. So all in all couldn't be happier.

Sorry I haven't been around for a while, but life sure is rushing by at the moment. Will try and pop back again soon.

Hope everyone is going well

Wow 7.2 kilo! I think LArissa was only 5.8 when we had her weighed last time, which wuld have been about 9 weeks... I don't think she's putting too much on at the moment, I'll check when she has her next needles. The fact that she's still not sleeping well during the night makes me think that maybe my milk isnt enough for her. She's being fed about every 2 hours now, if I try and distract her to drag it out shes goes crazy! 2 hourly is during the day and the night, Also I'm having to change her nappy practically every time she wakes up... Is this normal? A few weeks ago I could leave her in the same nappy from when she went ti bed to when I got up. I think maybe a doctors visit is in order but they always say that as long as she seems happy that nothing should be wrong and I'm worried they'll tell me I'm just being silly. But its a real pain when shes waking so much during the night, especially when I have work in the morning! Please somebody tell me their baby is doing the same! It can't only be me thats suffering lol!

Larissa loves her baths too, but only if she's in a good mood to start with, so we cant get into a routine of giving her one nightly!

I have returned home. The IL's adored Zachery and smothered him with kisses and cuddles while we were there. Of course he turned on the charm for them laughing and smiling. Then we paid my parents a visit. The couldnt believe how much he had changed.

Mum still is sick. The Dr isnt impressed with her progress so changed her drugs yet again. Poor thing wanted to play with the kids but is just to sick to do anything

Zach slept.....well....like a baby while we were away....was a top child to take away and loved the flights. Slept the entire time and not a peep out of him!

Im home alone today with all 3 kids...Craig is helping mates move....which sucks cos Jasmine is sooooo sick.....im sick...Zachery is tired and Chelsea is being a brat!

ETA: on the solids topic.....no way would i ever give before 6 months..not needed in my opinion. Chelsea started at 6 months....Jasmine about 7 months but wasnt until 16 months she actually ate food....she lived on just milk til then!

Steph Ruby has been doing exactly the same thing. Waking a lot more to feed so am figuring she is going through a growth spurt because shes completely happy. More nappy changes would definately mean that its all going through... so maybe shes spurting as well.

7.2kg!!! Oh wow..well done mama!! Thats a great weight..hes doing really well!!!!

Kim glad you are home safe..hope Craig isnt out too long so he can come and help with the kids..its horrible when you are feeling blerrgh.

Tash thats so great Judd loved the bath with you..awww. Is the jumping Joey like a jolly jumper? We havent got one for Ruby this time, but have liked them before. We have got her this big activity centre that rotates around the middle..ive tried her a couple of times but its from 4 months and she looks so tiny! Weve put her in her bumbo with tray and she looks so gorgeous..likes being able to sit up and be part of the action!!!

Well Jess had her party last night...out for dinner/limo back to movies at home. Girls went to bed at 5:30am...loooooooooong night..but im glad shes had such a nice time and you only turn 15 once!

Jo

Hey girls

We have gone quiet again! Well I'm going well, panic attacks seem to be under control, a week of being on the meds and life is looking up again! Have a wonderful man, beautiful children and a beautiful house!
    My poor sister though had a mental breakdown yesterday at work, she had been up north since January and only has been home twice, when Harley was 2 weeks and then at easter. Everything has just got to her, shes doing work of about 4 ppl and not getting paid for it and is away from her family. So yesterday she got asked one to many things and totally lost it. So mum is on her way to mackay to bring her home, she has her car up there but mum is just going to help her drive back. Will be glad to have her home and also hope it doesn't take long to have a new job. Shes already got some part time work lined up so thats a start!

Harley is going well, some of u may of seen the pic I posted of him yesterday on facebook. He looks like he could be starting teething, he certainly is a grumpy and unhappy boy in the mornings and most of the day. Has his happy moments but yeh I can't seem to get him to sleep much unless I bounce him in the bouncer.
    He moved into his cot a couple of nights ago, and had a good first night, then last night he woke up twice, once at midnight, then at 4am... haven't had a night like that for awhile!
    He is getting really good at tummy time, holds his head really well...and nearly rolls over on his tummy, but on his back he doesn't seem to be going anywhere...

Charlotte is good as well, enjoying daycare and talking more and more. Shes my lil mimicker!! Loves to copy alot of wat we say or do!!

Well I'm currently babysitting my mums dogs so better go check on them, they are lil chihiwawas(sp?) lil yappers lol!! But very good with the kids, I think cos they had Charlotte for her first 11months!

Take care girls and hopefully will get to catch up with u all soon!!

Deb

Hey chicks, sorry I haven't posted for a bit. Back to kindy and all things normal. Riley had his ultra sound on his lump at the base of his skull this week and we got the all clear today. At this stage looks like an inflamed lymph node, but might need further investigation if it gets bigger or more appear to be enlarged. Pretty common apparently.

Steph, Judd is bottle fed and is all over the place too. He is def having a growth spurt, nearly out of double O's already! Was meant to have his weight and measure today, but had to change cos of Riley's Dr appt. Be interested to see how much he weights as he's getting v heavy and long now! I've heard that BF babies can poo every nappy or once a week and this is all v normal. So don't worry about that. Maybe give her a formula feed in the evening/afternoon and see if that helps her sleep.

Judd was sleeping through and then work at 3am the other night, along with Riley waking twice and P once (cos Riley woke him - they share a room). Riley's sleep is a real worry for us and he's up nearly every 2nd night. I don't know what's wrong, whether it's his breathing from the tonsilitis (although that's under control at the mo) or just bad habbits - who knows, hard to try and work these things out when you're always tired.

Kim - great to hear that you had a great time away. Sorry that you're Mum is still so sick. Sorry I've missed what's wrong with her?? When you're all feeling better, let me know and hopefully we can t up another visit.

Jo - great to hear Jess had a great time. Yes Judd has been OK in baths now. Cried a bit last time, but I just sing to him and he seems to calm down. Just seems scared of the sensation of the water I think. He looks so shocked when you put him in, it's a bit funny really.

Deb - glad to hear your feeling better - what meds did they put you on? Sorry about your sis. I know how she feels. Judd is def teething already (all my boys start around now). Sucking on his hands so much the other day I could hear him through the bedroom door! He's also getting the swollen, red, hot cheek as well poor love.

That's all I can write for now. We are all good otherwise. Getting make over with my hair on the weekend, can't wait any longer for a cut and dye!

Take care, keep smiling and big smooches to you little ones for me!!

i dont understand it - i posted 2 days ago and my post isnt here. Nevermind....

The gist of the post was that I had 4mth check-up on Monday. Mchn said to just start when bub is ready - showing signs of interest, etc. But despite april smacking her chops everytime ppl eat (lol!!), I might just hold off a bit and just see how we go. I didnt know about possible allergies so I appreciate the information. Anyway, april is now 7.5kgs and 63cm. I have to laugh cos my girlfriend who has a 8mth old told me her lil one weighs 6.5kgs. LOL!!! Admittedly her little one is just a beautiful little dolly.

Tash - i understand having the sleep thru nights only to wake up at 3am again. having said that april did sleep thru last night but was late to bed in the first place. As for Riley, my son has been waking up thru the night too and I'm putting it down to teething his 2yr old molars, could that be the case for your little man? DS comes into our bed more often than not at the moment and I am too exhausted to do otherwise but let him stay. If april wakes too, it can get tricky - there are some nights where for a couple of hours we are all 4 in the bed. Maybe I need to add the 4-in-the-bed icon to my signature!!! GL hun.

Deb - so so sorry to hear about your sister - big hugs and prayers - hope things improve soon.

Tash we do need to organise another catch up..its been to long!

I cant think what to post today...my head is foggy, im just not coping. Im sorry

I posted a lil video of Zach on FB last night...he is such a cutie....my lil thumbsucker!

Kim I hear you on the foggy brain! I just can't get it going any more.

Judd had his 4mth injections yesterday and didn't like them one bit. It was a bit stressfull but I'm used to them. He's been sleeping more this time around. I've also started to re-swaddle him as he's been all over the place with his day time naps since starting to teeth and this seems to be helping him re-settle better.

Weigh in will be next week.

PLC - yes I think that Riley's issues are teeth but could also be tonsils as he's off his dinners again! Will have to wait and see, as he was up again last night, and with DH's work really full on at the moment, he's a zombie walking and so am I.

Will write more late.

Take care, keep smiling!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast